logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Strax
Bad surgery almost killed me
2. (24 mins ago)
HotBoy Designs Music Centro Liam Toller Scam
HotBoy Designs Music Centro Liam Toller Fraud
3. (38 mins ago)
Binary Global Group
they do a fraud with people
4. (43 mins ago)

Cell Phones

Straight Talk
Miami, Florida
straighttalk.com
I ordered a phone and service from Straight Talk on Wednesday November 25 2009 at 12:34pm. I checked to have it sent overnight since I would be at home on that Friday and Saturday. On Saturday, not having received the package yet, I called Straight Talk and complained about not getting the package. I was told that the phone was out of stock when I ordered it and that the package would make it to me on Monday which I would not be home to accept it. After 30 plus minutes on the phone with people who could barely speak English, I finally hung up. I was told that I ordered the package on Thursday afternoon which I didn't. I had the page I printed out showing the date and time on it in front of me. I was told that I would not receive my money back for 7 days although it only took them 1 minute to take the money out of my account for a phone they didn't even have in stock. The website shows all phones in stock all the time. That is their catch to get you to buy one. I also found out that this company is actually TracFone which is another company I dearly hate with a passion. I told them that I was reversing the charges.
Comments United States Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Nov, 2009 by   granica 0 Votes
Good for you! Reverse your charges, and do it as fast as you can!!
Tracfone is doing anything it can to bilk people out of money including trademarking about 3 new names a year... don't forget you can also go the the FTC to file a consumer complaint if you have even the slightest bit of trouble with getting your money back!
 29th of Nov, 2009 by   WhoDoctorK9 0 Votes
UPDATE:::

I received an email from them after I got off the phone with them. It seems they sent the package off on Saturday and will not be here til Monday. On that email it stated that if I have a question about my order, reply to that email address. I clicked on REPLY and started a pretty good rant with them about this order. After sending the email, it bounced back to me saying that there was no email address in their system for that. it was cs@straighttalk.com. So, this is getting really bad looking here. This company is selling phones they don't have, replying with email addresses they don't have and sending out packages whenever they feel like it. VERY VERY BAD COMPANY!!!
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   MH101 0 Votes
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. Like you, I ordered my phone on-line but I received it within 2 days. Took me less than half an hour to activate and I haven't had one single issue with the phone. I'm all for it, especially the great deal of $45 for unlimited!!!

Flagstar Bank Scam Artists Call