logo

error message given

straight talk
Bend, Oregon
Phone: 5413504236
I got a straight talk phone in feb 2010 had no problems adding minutes when i just got a prepaid straight talk card. when i tried to get minutes with a credit card there all of a sudden was a error message for my account and they instantly shut off my phone and said it would take 24 to 48 hours to fix. so friday comes and the phone is still not working i call and tell them that this also happened to my fiances phone but he wasn't going to file a complaint. so i told them that this error was not on my end and that i least deserve a months service free. i spent hours on the phone trying to get this resolved and it's still not resolved. I called there corporate office and they tol me they would contact me within 48 hours and never got a phone call back called again yesterday and still no return phone call.
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jun, 2010 by   Martha WestSorry damit that is my name 0 Votes
I only have Straight Talk and no land line. No one can call me because a voice comes on and will say it is Verizon Wireless and they cannot complete the call. I cannot call out and no one can call in because a call coming in says this phone has been disconnected. I am old, recently widowed and here by myself. I need this phone.
 2nd of Feb, 2013 by   whitevent 0 Votes
I am an existing straight talk user and have been getting this message when trying to send a sms/mms message "error code 97, please contact customer service". I cannot make any phone calls either. I am quite disappointed with the service that I have gotten by calling the customer service line.

I have worked for verizon and for apple and know the specific steps in restarting, resetting and restoring my phone back to factory settings and trying over and over again. I have updated my PRL, updated my software, updated my profile, my firmware and android software which told me it wasn't available to update and still I get the error code 97, contact customer service.

The advisor that I was speaking to stated that his tools on his computer were not working and could not assist me, was transferred to a manager, then his tools were not working and was going to be transferred to his supervisor which never happened.

Do you have a specific answer to error code 97 or just prefer leading me around in circles? I still cannot make any calls, not send any sms/mms messages. The only access that I can get is from using my internet messaging like facebook to get responses BUT THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

I need my phone to get calls to make sure that my children and my family are doing okay and safe. And obviously due to your forums wanting to take us offline, you do not know the answers and want to take us offline to attempt to fix the problem and just disconnect our services further. Atleast at Apple and Verizon, we could assist our customers and get them back to their phones within a few hours. I have emailed your customer service and got the automated message that it may take up to 5 days to get a response. 5 DAYS!! Are you kidding me? I have enjoyed the services that straight talk has offered up until this point of my phone not working.

Does anyone in straighttalk have an answer for error code 97 and getting my services back online? I am extremely dissatisfied in the service I am getting through your customer service. Starting to wonder if I need to contact the Better Business Bureau since I am getting the run around from your customer service.
 11th of Feb, 2013 by   Earlraph 0 Votes
One of my friends who also has a phone with them gave me an email address to use to get my problems fixed, and straighten some of my confusion with their service. I decided to try it, and to my surprise, it worked. I got my problem fixed right away. I have not had any problems since then. Send them your phone info and they will fix it. Their email address is ST.CorpResolutionTeam@straighttalk.com. It's worth a try!

Help for Homeowners: HARP 2.0