logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (10 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
3. (15 mins ago)
KFC
Filthy conditions, staff uniforms, service and smell
4. (21 mins ago)
Janda Furniture - Janda Lounge
Leather on Janda lounge and frame are crap!
5. (23 mins ago)

Posted:    Louie

Terrible experience

Steves Blinds and Wallpaper
stevesblindsandwallpaper.com
I have spoke with Jackie at steves blinds they record your order I ask if the product was mint green because it looked blue I wanted mint green I was informed that there was some blue but the stripes in the pot looked mint green I said that was ok The product came and and there was no mint green in the flower pot and the product was slate blue The website says customer satisfaction post this is the only satisfaction I can get... They want to twist my words when I clearly stated I wanted mint blue. They refuse to offer me a different border or refund.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Dec, 2009 by   Mr_Anon 0 Votes
I had the same experience when the wrong wooden blinds were shipped to my home. The blind was way too small and not what I recalled ordering. Knew that website claimed 100% customer satisfaction but as soon as I called they blamed it on me and refused to offer a refund and only wanted to sell me another blind (one that actually fits). I asked about the satisfaction guarantee and the guy on the phone might as well have laughed at me... he proceded to explain to me how his 100% guarantee hardly guaranteed anything. EXTREMELY poor customer satisfaction... you're better off spending slightly more and dealing with a more reputable merchant.
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   Steve Katzman -1 Votes
My Name is Steve Katzman and I am the Owner of Steve's Blinds and Wallpaper. We strive to provide the Absolute Best Customer Service available for purchasing special order blinds and wallpaper. Over the past 12 months we have experienced a huge increase in sales and unfortunately as a result there have been a few orders/situations that have slipped through the cracks. I want to ensure anyone that purchases blinds or wallpaper from our company that they have my Personal Guarantee that we will do everything possible to make them a Satisfied Customer! My family has been selling blinds and wallpaper for over 50 years and we do take great pride in what we do and we do not want 1 unsatisfied customer. For those of you who have not had a positive experience with our Company please feel free to contact me directly at steve@stevesblinds.com or on my direct line at 1- 800-627-1539. For those customers that have taken the time to post positive feedback - thank you very much for taking the time to let other shoppers know of your positive experience.
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   lherby 0 Votes
The comments on this board are ridiculous. Steve's is one of the best internet companies I've ever done business with. I've bought blinds from them 3 times, and intend to furnish my entire house with products from this company. Steve's prices are the best, and he and his workers are really conscientious. Don't listen to all the naysayers here.
 13th of Jan, 2010 by   JK90210 +1 Votes
I am not sure how many of the positive posts are fabricated here. I should have looked for these complaints before ordering.
I placed an order on 12/21 and my credit card was charged. The order page stated that the order would ship within 48-72 hours or it was free. The status page showed the expected ship date as 12/24. Since there was no change to the status even on 12/30 I enquired about it and found out the order had not gone through. There was no communication from them. They then said the order went through on 1/2. It had not shipped by 1/7 and so when I enquired I was given a tracking number. However it turned out this tracking number was for a package delivered to a different city.
When I enquired about this, they went silent. Finally after almost a month, my money is gone and I have nothing to show for it.
Buyer beware. They will lure you in with so called guarantees and disappear with your money.
 19th of Jan, 2010 by   Vasya P 0 Votes
Total scam, DO NOT ORDER from "Steves". Poor customer services, never return phone calls, over a month of waiting for an order they still have no clue when it'll be shipped. They refused to cancel my order (which they don't know when they will ship) because its "in manufacturing", meanwhile my credit card was charged immideately after order was placed.

So, Mr. Katzman, you don't pick up the phone you left on this board when I call to discuss your total fail of a company, which you keep pluging shamelesly on many review boards supposedly from satisfied customers. What a looser! Care to comment? Probably not...
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   janicestaton 0 Votes
We ordered 18 faux wood blinds for our home. we called around to all the internet companies. Steve's seem to have the most knowledgeable and most professional people on the telephones. Their website is really really easy to use. Our blinds arrived faster than they said they would. My husband installed all them and the fit PERFECT! The quality of the faux woods are great and we saved a ton of money compared to what Home Depot wanted to charge us. I would highly recommend this company. We will be back for more after we save up money for the rest of our house. Cudos to Steve.
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   lisagcalifornia1 +1 Votes
Being a decorator I have purchased a lot of blinds over the years from the various 800#s in the back of the magazines as well as from the Internet Companies. For the past 2 years I have been buying my blinds from Steve's Blinds and Wallpaper and they have have been fantastic! Their customer service is the absolute best. I have put them to test on several occasions because I received some blinds made incorrectly. In both cases they simply remade the blinds and immediately shipped them out. Before I make my purchases I shop around to all of the sites and Steve's has always been the lowest and their site is really the easiest to use. The first time I had an issue with one of the blinds I told the agent that I wanted to speak directly with Steve because I needed the replacement blind by the end of the week for my client...and Steve actually got on the phone and spoke with me. He said I would get the replacement by the end of the week. And by george I received my blind on Friday. It doesn't get much better than that. So, I am a huge fan of Steve's Blinds and Wallpaper.
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   lavendergirl816 0 Votes
Horrible, Horrible service...first time I called, no one could find my order...second time I called no one had any information on my order - third time I called and complained, they miraculously found that the wall paper I had ordered was discontinued. Then I got a rep on the phone telling me that she spoke directly with the manufacturer and the pattern is not discontinued and they will be sending it right out and she will call me back with a tracking number for my order...of course I don't believe liars and I never got a call back...so i called to cancel the order - i was told i would have my refund in 72 hours..now we are well into 72 hours and no refund, so i call this morning and i get another stupid rep who tells me he just called the manufacturer and cancelled the order...hmmm, i thought that was supposed to be done when i first called? Anyway, now this rep tells me it will be another 48 hours...we'll see...they're so damn stupid they haven't the faintest idea how to communicate with each other, no one was ever on the same page...very bad experience and I will not purchase from there ever again!
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   lavendergirl816 0 Votes
Really and most seriously, look elsewhere to purchase - this store and the clueless people they have working there will be a total waste of time for you...place your order, they have no problem charging your card...but once you have a problem, you get some really clueless polite people who don't know what they're doing...professionals my ass - and those positive posts are all fake so please don't fall for them...i'm reporting them to the better business bureau right now...
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   dkidde02 0 Votes
I have received excellent service from Steve's Blinds. The sales reps and customer service reps have been really helpful and assisted me with everything I've needed. I had a problem with one order which was promptly taken care of. I've ordered from them several times and plan on placing another order soon.
 21st of Mar, 2010 by   Dmaletto 0 Votes
This is the second time I ordered blinds from Steves. The first time I had no problems and am happy with the blinds, I did call and ask someone to call me regarding how they hung and to maybe direct me on how they are to hang. This time im a little disappointed. I ordered blinds on the 9th its now the 21st and nothing. It said 5 days. Can someone call me or email me and let me know whats going on???
 2nd of Apr, 2010 by   Becoming Inpatient here in NY +1 Votes
I wish that I had read these comments before ordering my blind. The web site said 72 HR. DELIVERY, and NO SHIPPING CHARGE. It has been 2 WEEKS, and a PROCEEDING FEE of $4.95 was added onto my order. BEWARE OF FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!

Barbara C. - New York
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   Juliet23 0 Votes
I would recommend Steve's Blinds to any of my friends. This is the second time I've used them and have nothing but good things to say about them. I received the order in only a few days. Everything was shipped in lots of protective stuff. All the hardware was attached to each blind. Very easy installation. Saved Hundreds of dollars!!! I will return again if I ever need anything else. I"ve never had to talk to their customer service because everything I ordered came exactly as I measured.
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   ZZZZZZZ +1 Votes
I also wish I had read the complaints! One week after my order they called and asked if the color I had ordered was the color I wanted???? That just gave em more time. 2 weeks after I called and asked about the status. They said it WILL be out tomorrow, or the next day for sure. That was 1 week ago. I still have not heard back. I also put a hold on the shipping of my order for a few days, because I would not be able to recieve it. That was a hold on the shipping, not production. So I am still waiting.
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   JK90210 0 Votes
Please submit an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org) to stop this lying cheating company. Also in most states you can file a complaint online with the State Attorney General. Dont let them get away with cheating.
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   lavendergirl816 0 Votes
Absolutely the best thing you can do, especially to get your money back...I reported them to the BBB for giving me the run around with the item we purchased but didn't seem to have a problem charging our card and their incompetent staff...We got our money back within a day or two after the BBB contacted them in regards to my complaint. So yes, report to the BBB if you're not getting anywhere with them. Lousy wretched company!
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   Claire C 0 Votes
I agreee in that Steve's has been one of the best online stores to work with. I ordered 3 sets of faux wood blinds for my living room. I was nervous at first, I didn't know if I would get the color and quality that the pictures showed. My blinds arrived right on time and were in perfect condition. The color matched extactly, too. The shipment lacked instructions so I called customer service. The gal I spoke with tried to find the instructions online but could not, so she got my email address and immediately forwarded the instructions to me. My husband was able to install them within a half hour! They are beautiful and we get more compliments from friends and family on how nice they look in our living room. I just placed my second order with Steve's and plan to place future orders, too. I would reccommend Steve's to friends and family.
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   lo13265 0 Votes
I ordered a roman shade from Steve's and came much more quickly than expected, maybe a shade on the smaller side than my measurement, but still works beautifully.

Having a positive experience in that situation, I have ordered a blackout roller shade. When my order was confirmed, I was given a ship date, that came and went. I contacted customer service via e-mail, and they did not return an answer until 2 days later (curiously my contact date had been changed to the next day making it appear as though they had answered within one day). Mysteriously, i got an e-mail saying it was shipping out the same day customer service returned my e-mail. I now have a new ship date a full 9 days after the original...it's funny how the dates keep changing.

Hopefully it will be here soon, but I am disappointed because I need it to sleep! Hopefully the measurement is true to what has been ordered this time.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   Steve Katzman +1 Votes
Dear Karen -

My name is Steve Katzman and I am the President of Steves Blinds and Wallpaper. I apologize for the trouble you have encountered with our company. Please forward your order number or contact information to steve@stevesblinds.com and I will be more than happy to investigate the details of your situation. I assure you I will promptly get back to you with a response. Please give us an opportunity to address your concerns. Sincerely, Steve Katzman
 22nd of Apr, 2010 by   Karen A. 0 Votes
I RETRACT my complaint regarding the overcharge on installation. Originally was quoted a price of $106.95 to install vertical blinds on a door wall plus roller shades on 3 windows. After receiving the blinds and shades and calling to set up the installation appointment, I was told the charge would now be $196.35 !!! Steve had heard my complaint and rectified the situation. I have now only been charged for the original and much lesser quote. Steve's guarantee of 100% satisfaction IS really true. Thank you Steve.
Karen A.