logo

Fraudalent Practices

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sterling Cigarettes, Ipswich Area, England, Suffolk Complaints & Reviews - Cigarettes Not Puffing

Sterling Cigarettes Contacts & Informations

Sterling Cigarettes

Posted: 2011-04-21 by    Ryan Woollard

Cigarettes Not Puffing

Sterling Cigarettes (Purchased From Dobbs General Store)
Dobbs Lane / Main Road, Kesgrave, Near Ipswich, Suffolk, IP5
Ipswich Area, Suffolk, England
United Kingdom
myemail-mrwoo88@hotmail.co.uk
On several occasions, I have purchased a pack of 10 or 20 Sterling cigarettes from Dobbs General Store. When I light a cigarette, it doesn't always puff. After several attempts to get a 'drag' from the cigarette, I notice the filter of the cigarette goes a dark brown, nearly black colour. The cigarette gradually gives me a few puffs, with some effort might I add. The cigarette doesn't go out but barely gives off any smoke. I smoke Sterling Kingsize, the red version. What could the problem be? I have purchased a substantial amount of packets the product, given it is my first choice of cigarette. My name is Mr Ryan Woollard. Telephone: 075531212731. Email: mrwoo88@hotmail.co.uk.
Comments United Kingdom Tobacco Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jun, 2011 by   raymond plumb 0 Votes
i brought a packet of ten sterling red king size they were all different sizes, one was less than half a cigarette i brought them from the new in bridge post office and paper shop i am utterly discussed with the price we pay for these to find out they are damaged the bar code number is 50143023 the shop has had other complaints if you could please take this complaint in to count and deal with it please comtact me on raymondplumb@yahoo.co.uk or call me on 07805246816
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   raymond plumb 0 Votes
I am very discussed at the pack of ten sterling red king size fags that i brought earlier on today they were all different sizes in the packet, one of them was not even half of a fag i brought them from a new inn bridge, off-licence and post office the shop keeper has said that there has been a good few complaints that has gone in. The address of the off-licence is foleshshill road. i am very unhappy with the price of these packets of fags and what i got. I really hope that you will take this complaint in and deal with it . thank you
Mr.R.Plumb
 4th of Sep, 2011 by   bumbo 0 Votes
I live in walsall, and I too have recently had problems either they are impossible to smoke with hardly any smoke coming from it, or they go out and wont stay alight, its not the odd packet, its been every other packet purchased Ive even tried different shops to buy them from and they are all the same, I think there's been a change in the way they are made which makes them almost useless, they maybe one of the so called cheaper brands, but hardly worth the saving when your buying double the amount, as most are unsmokeable. I'm going to give it a few more days and if i still dont purchase a packet I enjoy I will have to start experamenting with other brands, you never know this might well be a underhanded way of getting people to quit after all, no point if you cant smoke them is there.
 8th of Sep, 2011 by   witchy 0 Votes
i smoke sterling king size red, and i 2 have had problems with the cigarette staying alight, i have tried numerous stores including out of my area, i live hayes middx, but have tried twickenham, richmond, teddington, still the same problem, not happy, maby time 2 change brands!!!
 9th of Sep, 2011 by   lamoore 0 Votes
i am also having the same problem with theese cigerettes and it is every packet, i live in portsmouth and have tried buying them from different places but it's always the same, does anyone know an email address or contact number for the manufactures so that i can log my complaint.
 9th of Sep, 2011 by   Gabby12 0 Votes
I am also having issues with sterling my husband and I smoke the sterling superkings red and blue, and with the red they keep burning out halfway along, the blue as previous review mention it can be really hard to get them to light and then get a "drag " on them. My husband telephoned the number on the inside of the pack and was given some story that iit is some new EU directive that the cigarettes burn out half way and they superking makers have put something inside them to make happen ??? !!!
We cut one open nothing there or on the papers to do it . Any one else heard of this ??
we live in staines middx and tried buying all over the place and it seems it bot halfof all fags in each pack even those from multy packs
 9th of Sep, 2011 by   Steve Wilson 71 0 Votes
I know why we have been having the problem with our cigarettes people. My wife and i have been having the same problem with them. I ripped one open and this is what i found in side with the tabacco. I will be trying to find out where i send this with my complaint. I'm changing my brand for now but ive been trying to smoke my cigs with this problem for a good 3 to 4 weeks now. How much of this crap is in them and as any body found this problem also?
 11th of Sep, 2011 by   carol connick 0 Votes
i have a complaint over the sterling menthol brand, over the last month been so disapointed, carnt get a decent drag and it keeps going out, not just the latest packet, but all of them, i will be looking for a new brand in future.from, , , carolconnick@aol.co.uk
 15th of Sep, 2011 by   angel.ellie 0 Votes
I am also having issues with sterling superkings smooth (Blue) going out all the time and they don't seem to burn the same way as they did before .
At first I thought it was just a bad packet but it's all the packets I have brought in the last month and it doesn't matter where I get them from .
If you do get them to light which is a problem in it's self you can't get a proper drag .
I have been trying to find out where I can send a complaint straight to them but can't find an address anywhere or contact number as there isn't one on the packet .
I am so fed up with it I have changed my brand and none of the other brands are doing it so why sterling ???
contact angelellieaustin@yahoo.com
 16th of Sep, 2011 by   R&L 0 Votes
My wife and I have the same problem, I have just emailed the company, regarding this issue so will wait on their response, the address is on the inside of the flip lid, www.jti.com I think it is a Japanese company hope this helps .
 24th of Sep, 2011 by   CatsWhiskers 0 Votes
We are in Bournemouth and over the last couple of weeks we are also having the same problems as others are mentioning. Packs bought from different stores have all got these issues. Where do we make official complaints? Maybe we should start with the government and ask them what 'secret' changes they have ordered. Let's all switch to a different brand and get this trash off the shelves. They may be the cheapest but they're still not cheap.
 29th of Sep, 2011 by   CHAMP44 0 Votes
Thursday 29.09.2011

I emailed FJI yesterday about Sterling Supeking Red keep going out, tasting foul, the ends falling off and the 50p increase from £5.13-£5.63.

Their reply stated that it's from the EU to stop house fires that they go out and it might not work with every cigarette, he wants me to send the packet/s to him and they'll be quality control tested. He can confirm there has been a manufacturer's increase from £5.63 to £5.78. People wanting to complain, go to FJI's website and email them, hopefully you'll get a quick response as I did, for all it was worth, if all of us send in 1-2 packets they just might do something about it and stop ruining them. The offending packets are smoked and are now in landfill, the next one I buy, I'll send it to him!!!

I think the foul taste is to do with the fact most keep going out and whatever is in them that makes them do this and they're not worth £5.63 at all, smokers should be careful and make sure their cigarettes are out properly and do't leave them unattended. Many people where I live throw lighted cigarette ends down and continue walking, they're the ones that cause house fires as they'll have the same stupid attitude at home.

I bought a packet of 20 Windsor Blue yesterday 1p dearer at £5.64 19 out of 20 tasted foul, burnt far too quickly, as the Sterling Supekings sometimes do, only 1 tasted fine. I smelt each one, before I lit it, and there was that foul smell, I've smelt this with Sterling too.

I was on Windsor Blue's complaint site just now and read other's comments, I agree with one blogger who said. "I think it's going on along the board to stop house fires, " etc.

CHAMP44
 30th of Sep, 2011 by   Disco2 0 Votes
I too have found all of the above. I shall be changing my brand!
Diane Scott Walsall
 30th of Sep, 2011 by   R&L 0 Votes
We got the same reply regarding the EU trying to stop house fires, but we were not offered to send them any packs back, we did not know of another price increase to £5.78 so enough is enough we are going to a smoking cestation and try and quit, there is no point wasting any more money on this crap we are getting, no doubt there will be another price increase before the end of the year.
 15th of Oct, 2011 by   TimLondon 0 Votes
I too am having problems with Windsor Blue, plus the other brands too... they all keep going out and burn far too quickly. ANd it seems its down to the bloody EU peeps again!! Why can't they leave us alone and why can't we just opt out of it!
 18th of Oct, 2011 by   Anne Dore 0 Votes
Jut lately they keep going out and also have bits of wood ? in them
 21st of Oct, 2011 by   hecate13 0 Votes
Never used to have a problem but for the last few weeks have found it increasingly difficult to keep them alight. I would say there has definitely been a deterioration in the product recently and the manufacturers need to have a long hard look at what has happened and improve their quality control or I will be voting with my feet! I buy Sterling SK Red from lots of cigarette retailers, from Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys to garages and small general stores in Beds/Bucks.
 25th of Oct, 2011 by   c searle 0 Votes
hi my name is carole searle i live in exeter devon i have been smoking your brend for a long time now, the problem im having with your brend is that i light up a fag(sterling superkings ) but after 2 mins or so it goes out, never had this problem before could you please tell me if anything has change in your brend my email address is c.searle123@yahoo.co.uk my address is 92a beacon lane exeter ex4 8lu sorry to tell you this but if this dont change back to what they were then i will have to change the brend im smoking miss c.searle
 25th of Oct, 2011 by   R&L 0 Votes
I see that there is still no end to the complaints about Sterling, what do you suggest as a brand to change to without paying over the odds, as we do anyway, someone said sterling were going up to £5.78 but as yet still not seen this increase.
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   Sue Watson 0 Votes
I live in Leeds, smoke Sterling Menthol, Pall Mall Menthol & Windsor Blue Menthol. All 3 brands do the same. They go out!!!

Forced Arbitration Fading