logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Auto-EQ.ca
Bad services, don’t use them
2. (7 mins ago)

Posted:    raregold

inadequate coverage

State Farms
Georgia
I have been w/ state farm since 1997 and have insured 5 cars and just 2 yrs ago my modular home. Fearing the unknown, I kept full coverage on my vehicles after paying off note. I had one accident ( damage to my property only) and an accident involving a deer. I was stranded over 200 miles from home recently and to my horror find out that what I had been paying for all theses yrs was not worth a penny.

My towing coverage / roadside assistance would not get my car back home. it only covered towing to the nearest repair shop- remember I am 200 miles from home at the mercy of strangers-- Wonderful strangers they were-- more helpful than State Farm was. The damage to my car was internal--engine. It take me 6 days on my own to get my car back to Georgia. Those helpful strangers assisted me in getting a rental car--not state farm. Later was told, my insurance would not pay for the rental -- which is part of my coverage, also. My insurance would cover the rental car.

The towing cost over 200 miles from Fla back to Ga was $500.00-- State farm only would pay/paid a $100.00 and I am hoping it reimburses me back for the first towing to the repair shop of $ 60.00. Warning to others State farmers-- question your agent on What if this happen what will my insurance coverage. I trusted them. I thought I had what I needed in case of any emergency. My neighbor told me I had the best insurance it was- state farm-- yeah, until you need them. I laughed at their recent commercial about the 40 million people they insure-- if those 40 million only knew.

I called the 1800 # the day I saw the commercial and the CSRep did not seem very surprised when I told him of my ordeal. There was no offer of help! He said state farm should pay the towing. I wonder if my home catches on fire what they will tell me -- my fire coverage doesn't cover a fire! State Farm is A Joke when one needs them. As long as the premiums are paid the insurer is okay.I never received a call from my loyal agent offering any additional assistance in the matter. Oh Yeah. just the renewal bill by mail from the main
Comments United States Towing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Consumer advice: Extended warranties