State Farm

Inadequate coverage

State Farms
I have been w / state farm since 1997 and have insured 5 cars and just 2 yrs ago my modular home. Fearing the unknown, i kept full coverage on my vehicles after paying off note. I had one accident (Damage to my property only) and an accident involving a deer. I was stranded over 200 miles from home recently and to my horror find out that what i had been paying for all theses yrs was not worth a penny.

My towing coverage / roadside assistance would not get my car back home. It only covered towing to the nearest repair shop - remember i am 200 miles from home at the mercy of strangers - - wonderful strangers they were - - more helpful than state farm was. The damage to my car was internal - - engine. It take me 6 days on my own to get my car back to georgia. Those helpful strangers assisted me in getting a rental car - - not state farm. Later was told, my insurance would not pay for the rental - - which is part of my coverage, also. My insurance would cover the rental car.

The towing cost over 200 miles from fla back to ga was $500. 00 - - state farm only would pay / paid a $100. 00 and i am hoping it reimburses me back for the first towing to the repair shop of $ 60. 00. Warning to others state farmers - - question your agent on what if this happen what will my insurance coverage. I trusted them. I thought i had what i needed in case of any emergency. My neighbor told me i had the best insurance it was - state farm - - yeah, until you need them. I laughed at their recent commercial about the 40 million people they insure - - if those 40 million only knew.

I called the 1800 # the day i saw the commercial and the csrep did not seem very surprised when i told him of my ordeal. There was no offer of help! He said state farm should pay the towing. I wonder if my home catches on fire what they will tell me - - my fire coverage doesn't cover a fire! State farm is a joke when one needs them. As long as the premiums are paid the insurer is okay. I never received a call from my loyal agent offering any additional assistance in the matter. Oh yeah. Just the renewal bill by mail from the main
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Towing
Was the above complaint useful?

29th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes

State Farm - Employment hiring test
State Farm

I went to an interview at a very nice well known State Farm Insurance Agent and did great at the interview. The agent then had to give me a personality and employment exam which did have some math as well. It was maybe about 100 questions that took an hour with multiple choice answers. I left out feeling that I did pretty well. I had to wait to get the results so the agent called me the next day and told me I failed. I was qualified for the job, had the licensing, have my own real estate company with 16 years sales experience. I also have had other jobs such as in the banking, secretarial and other customer service type jobs. I failed the customer service part and I am totally blown away. Most of my real estate transactions are representing both parties buyer and seller and negotiation is key in my job. I am polite and can difuse almost any situation and as far as personality goes, I can strike up a conversation with anybody. I got personality and I must do a good job for my clients because they keep on referring business to me. Now, I was reading over some of the complaints that people have about the customer service that State Farm has. Well now we know, they look for folks that are the opposite of giving good customer service and the folks they hire must not have personality either. You can ask anybody that knows me, I've got what it takes. So, state farm thanks for your test that proves that your looking for idiots with no personality and customer service experience. And your a good neighbor, no neighbor I want. You missed out on getting a good hardworker that loves people and serving them with their best interest in mind. I will get on with a better company. Thanks for wasting my time.
 9th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Well, I was recently invited to take the SLCP assessment offered via State Farm in order to become an independent contractor. I found the assessment quite trivial. It was an assessment that asked more about who you know instead of what you know...so if you have 500 contacts you will answer the question associated with "How many contacts do you have" or "How many people in your neighborhood do you know by a first name?" There were questions asked that were the same, but worded differently for honesty and integrity purpose. Understandably, this test is not necessarily developed to find out if you can be a CEO of your independent agency. First and foremost, I feel that other insurance organizations do a better job at testing or using an assessment to determine sales and leadership effectiveness. I had applied to and was successful in penetrating through the assessments with other organizations ending up in an interview that resulted in job offers. Also, with respect to the SLCP assessment, there were questions asking me to assess my selling skills as either pushy or more passive. This type of question was very odd in that if I were to provide insurance selling services to any client, it will be the best policy offered based on their needs and pushing a client into a corner to buy is not on my list of ways to manipulate clients into buying(high pressure sales). This assessment can be passed for certain. My purpose for taking this a assessment was merely to see how State Farm assesses potential independent contractors during the hiring process. On another note: Why does State Farm call an agency and independent contractor especially when you are captive to selling just their products and services?
 29th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I don't get my monthly bill from State Farm. Called local office several times, but still no monthly bill.
 22nd of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
I totally agree with the statement above. I too interviewed for a State Farm position. I did quite well. I had owned my own company for 17 years, The company was quite successful, I sold it when a great offer came my way. I felt it was time to move on. I am very friendly, hardworking, and great at customer service. I took the assessment test and was told I failed. They lost out on what is becoming harder and harder to find these days. A loyal, honest, and hardworking individual who has extensive experience in customer service, marketing, and overall good business sense. Perhaps they need to take a harder look at that assessment test.
 28th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I took the test 4 yrs ago and answered the way I thought they wanted me to BE. I passed but I wasn't ready to move into a position because of a move I was goping not to make in AZ., So, two yrs later I took it again, forgetting my early strategy and failed! Now 2 yrs passed, I'm settled and ready to take it and after reading several comments and sites it's reminded me to play the game. You can't be yourself on these tests. Like most interviews, it's sad you have to act like someone your not because your being judge on every response! This company has the highest insurance rates next to American Family. It's the opportunity to have your own agency that's attractive, not so much the product. Working for an insurance Broker would be far more exciting!

Contact Us