logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
THE SEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU,Sweepstakes Prize entry Center P.O. BOX 549012- Dallas ,TX 75354-9012
I Have not received my wininning Prize worth $12,000,000.00
deceptive trade

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sono Bello, Washington Complaints & Reviews - Scam! Stay Away!

Sono Bello Contacts & Informations

Sono Bello

Posted:    LMS98004

Scam! Stay Away!

Sono Bello
Washington
My friend had liposuction at Sono Bello a year ago and had decent results. She told me to go in and see karen. When i called I was told there is no Karen that ever worked there. I came in and met with Sara who was sappy sweet and kept flipping her hair to hide sever acne scars. Turns out she has no medical skills and didnt even know all the doctors names! She wanted to see my body and just peered at it across a desk and was very pompus and acted like she was better than me. Lesson: If your going for a surgical procedure see a doctor! I also researched the doctors at sono bello and they just got out of school! It was a complete lie that they have years of experience! clearly all the bad reviews are true! stay away!

Comments United States Medical Negligence and Deficiency
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Nov, 2009 by   silverbell 0 Votes
Actually you SHOULD do your research, they have some of the top Plastic Surgeons in the area (I checked)! Not one surgeon there is a recent graduate, they only hire Doctors with liposuction experience (I checked), they also perform over 200 surgeries a month so they must be doing something right (yep.. I checked). I had this procedure 3 months ago and trust me I did my research.. I not only had an an amazing result but absolutely loved the staff that ultimately changed my life.. I met with Sara too and felt a little unsure so requested to speak with the doctor which she arranged and again, I have been nothing but happy. So you should have kept researching and requested to consult with the doctor.. you would have been surprised!
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   Zortek -2 Votes
One person just died from the liposuction in Bellevue, WA. Apparently from lidocine intoxication.
Price you pay for vanity, I guess. It's really not worth it. What's wrong with diet and exercise.
 26th of Nov, 2009 by   da_stroker2k 0 Votes
we now have a FB forum

1st of Jan, 2010 by   Spot -1 Votes
I agree, stay away from Sono Bello! I went there for a free consultation, and subsequently went for 2 other consultations with "real" plastic surgeons before selecting a doctor for my procedure. The experiences at the other two offices were different as night & day from the high pressure cheesy sales tactics at Sono Bello.

First of all, I was told at SB that I would not even meet the doctor until the day of surgery! That alone should be enough to make you run away. My consultation was with a saleswoman who has no medical training and frankly lied to me on many points (including volunteering that they have "never had a case of lidocaine toxicity" when in fact I learned later that they had - a woman had recently died after surgery at SB.)

There were so many other lies and half-truths, and a lot of pressure to put a deposit down right now to secure a spot, fully refundable up to 2 weeks before the procedure. Stupidly, I made the mistake of putting down a deposit only because of the full refund assurance, and some concern about scheduling - and when I called hours later that day to say the timing would not work and I wanted to cancel, I got put through the most unbelievable run-around for over a week before they finally did issue a refund. Very sleazy business practices.

Finally, you would think at least their pricing must be good, given that they are all about ramming as many people through their system as quickly as possible - but no, they actually wanted $7000 for a procedure that two other highly regarded surgeons offered for only $4000!

Do yourself a favor, maybe save your life, stay away from this place!
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   Irid -1 Votes
I ALMOST went in for a consultation.. Thank fully I did plenty of research and Sono Bello does not sound to be safer then any other lipo procedure done by other competitor. This is not the first time I have heard Sono Bello has no "real" surgeons on staff at the time of the consultation. This automatically should be a RED FLAG. This Karen Shaw is a not a surgeon but only a sales person whom supposedly was fired by Sono Bello, after a lady from Bellevue was severely burnt in a procedure performed by Shaw herself... Months later.. Another lady came forward with another complain of a procedure done by Karen Shaw. ..VERY VERY SHADY.. Seems to me like Sono Bello is very slick and lies A LOT... I'd say 4 out of 5 women are getting bad results from this place.. Are you willing to be one of the 4? Its so stupid to assume that because a place does over 200 surgeries a month its a good place.. McDonalds sell thousands of burgers a month. Does this mean their food is healthy?? NOOO…. Sono Bello has good marketing and the whole concept of losing inches in less time and almost no time to heal is outstanding.. But from all I have read in many different sites and seen on the NEWS… This only makes me wonder, how many of their surgeries per month are actually successful? How many ppl sit at home regretting spending all this money and no results.. or worse.. health issues.. I bet you close to 50% of their procedures had something wrong… I’m basing it on all the complains ppl have made against them.. Ladies, it amazes me how many of you due to vanity have actually spend this much money... crazy.. I am guilty of vanity to an extend but I wont ever place my life on the line like that… DO THE REASEARCH… U might find a few happy clients.. but if the complaint percentage is more then 1% DON’T DO IT.
 14th of Feb, 2010 by   TracyLa +2 Votes
I went in this week for a consultation with Sarah. I thought she was very honest and sweet. I think the personal attack on her appearance is unnecessary and hurtful, I can't imagine you would want someone to go on the internet and attack your appearance or you wouldn't be seaking plastic surgery yourself. She is obviously supposed to get you to have the procedure there, it's her job. If she didn't, she wouldn't be employed there and someone else would have. Never once did anyone say she was a nurse or doctor. Before you do anything, you should get yourself informed and know everything you can prior to any procedures. I didn't rely on the consultant to tell me. She answered all the clarifying questions I had and never claimed it would be some miracle or something painless. I thought she was adorable (I wish I could look like her, though that just never will happen) and she was very nice. People need to start being nicer to each other and we will all be happier.
 17th of Feb, 2010 by   Sono Bello Patient Care +1 Votes
LMS98004, I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I wanted to follow up with you regarding your post. I’m glad to hear your friend had a good experience with us and apologize that yours wasn’t better. All the doctors at Sono Bello are board certified physicians with excellent credentials but that doesn’t matter unless we can create a comfortable atmosphere for you. If you can help me with additional feedback I would appreciate it. You can reach me at dirpc@sonobello.com. Thank you.
 17th of Feb, 2010 by   Sono Bello Patient Care +1 Votes
Hello Spot, I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I hope you found a clinic you were comfortable with and had the procedure done. It sounds like we may have fallen down in a couple of areas during your experience with us and for that we are sorry. If you would be willing to give me more insight into your experience and what we can do to continually improve you can reach me at dirpc@sonobello.com.
Irid,

Thank you for your comments. I’m the director of patient care here at Sono Bello and I would invite you to check us out for yourself. You are correct that there have been several negative complaints about our company. This is very unfortunate because to date we have had the privilege of performing over 4, 300 procedures. Although we aren’t happy that there have been some negative comments I can assure you that we’ll do everything we can to make sure each individuals experience is great. All of our doctors are board certified physicians and our entire staff works very hard to ensure the best outcomes for all our patients. I would be happy to facilitate a consultation if you would be interested in giving us a chance to earn your business. You can contact me at dirpc@sonobello.com.
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   rushrb 0 Votes
I have seen SO MANY negative reviews against Sono Bello and after each one there is someone from Sono Bello responding in hopes to counteract that negative comment. Looks like they have paid lots for PR advise. This company seems so shady. I've just learned that they are now in my city, San Antonio and have started advertising. I immediately went the the reviews and they have all been negative. I hope my fellow San Antonians do the same and read reviews before making any appointments.
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   Jesmor89 0 Votes
I can't believe you went through all that, it made me have sympathy pains like none other, so detailed. I was thinking about going into sonobello but now I definitely can't see myself having to go through what you did.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   khill81 0 Votes
It is all about the money with this place. If you were a GOOD Dr why would you go work for a place that lines you up like cattle to suck out fat instead you meet with some girl who barely knows anything about the procedure and then meet the DR on the DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE! No Thanks! I went into their Scottsdale office, in which was very cold and unfriendly and then after the short, uneducated sales pitch I started talking to a few friends about Sonobello and come to find out a friend of another friend had a procedure there and then had to have her fat taken from another area of her body in hopes to fix the botched job they did the first time by putting fat back into the original area. WHAT!! Go to a REAL plastic surgeon! This place is a joke!
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   Sono Bello Patient Care 0 Votes
Sono Bello would like to address many of the online reviews regarding our procedures and practices. Please visit http://sonobello.com/open-reviews/ for more information.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   Justagrl26 0 Votes
I was planning to go check this place out, but hearing all this reviews scared me so I changed my mind. I totally agree with one of the bloggers on here, if you have heared 2 or more negative stories about (quack, joke, "it's all about money) association DON'T GO to it! I've been hearing this SB commercial alot lately on the radio and boy" they make it sound so great! they must have paid this radio stations big time! to get patients in?.
I feel bad for that one lady that died in Seattle after getting her lipo., totally not worth it..I wouldn't go even if they pay me...Scary stuff!
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   SussiQ 0 Votes
I am so glad I saw this blogs before going. I had an appointment today for a concultation, I was very nervous about it, came to the internet to check the directi0ns to get there and found this site!!! wow, I am definetely not going! All I see is one ok comment for every 5 bad comments, that must mean something. I don't see the "good results people" posting a "thank you I am so glad I did it". There are no references of happy customers suggesting to get in contact for referrals... not going!
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   mommyme6611 0 Votes
I have been considering lipo for some time now and came across sonobello in Bellevue. While they do have some negitive comments online, they also have hundreds of happy satisifend clients willing to share their experiences. After hearing this and getting real accounts from real clients I realize everyone is considerably happy if they understood real results. SB will not fix your diet and poor lazyness. Get a grip people, anything under the knife has possible risks, as does the BIG mac on your plate. I have a consult and am excited to bring my size 6 waist to a size 2:)
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   Operamo 0 Votes
Wow, I feel really nervous reading this after making the appt for my procedure tomorrow...now i dont know what to expect, fingers crossed! Now that i think about it, it was pretty odd that i didnt see an actual doctor(instead dealt with a pushy arrogant saleswoman) or even know who it was going to be til the day before when i tried to reschedule due to a light cold. When i found out the name of the doc, i researched and saw he was not plastic surgery certified...just laser surgery certified? just looked like he got out of medical school and had an internship for 'general' surgery. Does this mean he wouldnt pay attention to aesthetic detail like a plastic surgeon would? I mean, general surgery and plastic surgery are different...what do i know about the guy though, it could be like russian roulette in either direction. I went ahead and said yes for tomorrow. Aaaaaaaah! Nervous! I will post back with results. I figure i could be a guinea pig and post back to y'all...see what happens, tell my personal experience.
Monica (operamo@gmail.com)
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   Operamo 0 Votes
Well, its day two of post op...im in some pain but its manageable.
The day of, they were running a little late, but when they took me in to give me physical and take pictures they were very kind and curteous. When I met my doctor, he asked if I had any questions and assured me everything would go well. He even warned about possible dimples that could occur with the lipo on my outer thigh. I was pretty out of it while he was working on me but I could tell he was really getting to as much fat as possible, didnt feel as much attention to the outer thigh, but then again i was too loopy to remember. I just remember flashes and they were all good...towards the end I could feel the canula working in my leg and kept saying ow real loud and then it seemed like he stopped and it was ready to go to recovery room. they said they took 3.2 liters of fat out...im not sure how much that is in weight. i didnt see myself til today when i took a shower and i could tell a big difference in my waist, but not my hip/outer thigh area. I emailed sonobello and they said its probably due to swelling, so i'll just take it a day at a time and see how i heal. thats all for now. i'll check back in 2 weeks.
 5th of Mar, 2011 by   Operamo 0 Votes
this is day 2...not too shabby...im staying on the straight and narrow with diet and exercise, to be safe, check back in another week or so...

11th of Jun, 2012 by   Magpies123 0 Votes
I just got back from an apt. At Sono Bello in San Antonio at Sontera in Stone Oak, They were very good at trying to get me there with email and phone calls but when I got there I waited 45 minutes And I was the only one there. I could hear the doctor joking with the staff about his bills and his girlfriends yes more than one and how that was not in his contract, I don't know what that was but I do know I felt embarrassed by this unprofessional attitude from the whole clinic. I just walked out and I don't think I was missed.

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!

Latest Groups