This company is bad news, stay away

I reserved 2 rental vehicles in Florida. In the confirmation email from skyscanner, the price for the rentals was higher by 50% than what I had reserved. I canceled the reservations within 7 days of making them. Also the cancellation was more 48 hours prior to the time I was to pick up the vehicles. According to their refund policy, this should have qualified me for a full refund. Instead, they kept $113 of my money! I sent them polite emails asking for their help. Never got a response. This company is bad news. Stay away!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful?

23rd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hmmm ... Skyscanner do not take bookings, so the complaint is not valid IMO.

They show prices from lots of different sources and then you click out to make the booking.

So your issue is with the car hire provider, not skyscanner. Really quite unfair to tarnish their name, given that you did NOT book with them!!
 6th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hi Onida - thanks for your feedback.

Skyscanner are a comparison site for flights, hotels and car rental.

We compare hundreds of prices then present these to the user, who then goes on to make their booking directly with the airline/hotel/car rental agency.

As a comparison site - we at Skyscanner are not involved in any transactions. All bookings are made direct with the supplier, hence this issue should be directed to them rather than Skyscanner.

However, we have investigated this issue for you which was made with CarTrawler and have found that refunds were made in line with CarTrawler's cancellation policy (http://www.cartrawler.com/booking-conditions/ ).

We believe this has now been resolved, but please contact CarTrawler directly if you have any further issues.

kind regards

Sam Baldwin

27th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
Skyscanner is unreliable, they do nothing wrong directly, but the facilitate too many false prices. They need a better filtering system as most prices jump 50% when you go to the website.
 26th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes
Skyscanner.net is a useful tool in one way, thou on the otherhand rogue companies use there name to promote cheaper prices. An example is recently i was looking for a direct flight from London heathrow to Hong Kong direct, both British airways and Cathay Pacific came up with good pricing, i cross checked four companies that were trading on there website with consumer reviews and the feedback was appalling. I went to British airways direct for piece of mind and found them to be cheaper. My confidence for using skyscanner in the future is nil void until they regulate who uses there website as there are far to many scam companies.
 22nd of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
Skyscanner, you need to stop airtickets24.com from using your site. I have been trying to change my husbands flight for a week and they don't respond. Have called them in office hours and said hey have left for the day. I live in New Zealand and got up due to the time difference. My only option now is to pay for a new ticket. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. Thy also hung up on me 3 times last week for no reason. Best booking directly with an airline which is what I usually do or through reputable companies such as expedia.
 20th of Aug, 2013 by    0 Votes
Skyscanner takes no responsibility when something goes wrong yet. It's too easy, they always say that it's the travel agent's fault. They advertise in tehir website "No hidden fee and no agent fee". I purchased a ticket through skyscanner. The price of the airline was correct and airfrance charged my the correct fee but the travel agent hop2.com charged $16!. hop2.com is a SCAM. I contacted both companies and skyscanner sends me to airfrance (they did not do anything wrong they charged what they were supposed to). hop2 says it's a ticketing fee not an agent fee. Nowhere did it say that they was a ticketing fee to be charged. Wither way, they say no hidden fee.
hop2.com = SCAM
Skyscanner=SCAM unless they oblige their partners to follow the rules.
 16th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I booked my tickets via skyscanner, then I need to change my flight date. I checked that Skyscanner is not responsible for changing the flight date. so I emailed to bookings.via.skyscanner@budgetair.co.uk last week to get some guidance about how I can change my flight, but up to now, I have not received any email back. It is very urgent!!!
 24th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I was scammed on the Sky Scanner website, it looked like I was booking through Alaska but somehow this travel company called travel2be took over the reservation and when I got my receipt is was $150 higher than it should be with no detail of the charges. I was horrified to lear they were in Madrid. It took 24 hours to get a response and they said they were unable to call me, red flag. So I called my bank and am working on a claim. I am still emailing with travel2be trying to get them to reverse the transaction. Total Scam. Once I got the detail, they were charging a bogus service fee and fee for seat selection which would have been free on the Alaska site. Not sure what my bank will do but it was very tricky how the website switched during the transaction.
 24th of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
William Mumper · Supervisor at Grand Rapids Press
I just used your site for the 1st time and did not like it. My search from Tampa Fl. to Rockford ILL & area airports, one-way, came up with no results. I know SW fly's from Tampa to Milwaukee Wis. Also, Allegiant fly's from Clearwater to Rockford, ILL. Would these not be surrounding airports. I did a search from Clearwater to Rockford, ILL and your search engine found Allegiant, One-way for $93
I can get that same flight by going to the Allegiant website for $86. I realize it's a savings of only $7, why would your site not give the $86?? and why does your site not show any flights from Tampa to Rockford, ILL / surrounding airports, Clearwater & Milwaukee??
Thank you for reading my long winded post:)
 18th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I booked flights through Skyscanner and realised I had put Penny rather than Penelope and was advised to cancel the whole booking at a cost of £100 rather than contacting the airline who would have just altered the name over the phone and no one from Skyscanner will respond to my emails and i think their customer service is shocking

Contact Us