logo

Skyscanner.net Complaints & Reviews - This company is bad news, stay away

Skyscanner.net Contacts & Informations

Skyscanner.net

Posted: 2011-06-22 by    Onida

This company is bad news, stay away

Skyscanner.net
skyscanner.net
I reserved 2 rental vehicles in Florida. In the confirmation email from skyscanner, the price for the rentals was higher by 50% than what I had reserved. I canceled the reservations within 7 days of making them. Also the cancellation was more 48 hours prior to the time I was to pick up the vehicles. According to their refund policy, this should have qualified me for a full refund. Instead, they kept $113 of my money! I sent them polite emails asking for their help. Never got a response. This company is bad news. Stay away!
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jun, 2011 by   badrugbyplayer 0 Votes
Hmmm ... Skyscanner do not take bookings, so the complaint is not valid IMO.

They show prices from lots of different sources and then you click out to make the booking.

So your issue is with the car hire provider, not skyscanner. Really quite unfair to tarnish their name, given that you did NOT book with them!!
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   Sam from Skyscanner.com 0 Votes
Hi Onida - thanks for your feedback.

Skyscanner are a comparison site for flights, hotels and car rental.

We compare hundreds of prices then present these to the user, who then goes on to make their booking directly with the airline/hotel/car rental agency.

As a comparison site - we at Skyscanner are not involved in any transactions. All bookings are made direct with the supplier, hence this issue should be directed to them rather than Skyscanner.

However, we have investigated this issue for you which was made with CarTrawler and have found that refunds were made in line with CarTrawler's cancellation policy (http://www.cartrawler.com/booking-conditions/ ).

We believe this has now been resolved, but please contact CarTrawler directly if you have any further issues.

kind regards

Sam Baldwin

Skyscanner
 27th of Aug, 2012 by   Billy hate scanner 0 Votes
Skyscanner is unreliable, they do nothing wrong directly, but the facilitate too many false prices. They need a better filtering system as most prices jump 50% when you go to the website.
 26th of Jun, 2013 by   Iain UK 0 Votes
Skyscanner.net is a useful tool in one way, thou on the otherhand rogue companies use there name to promote cheaper prices. An example is recently i was looking for a direct flight from London heathrow to Hong Kong direct, both British airways and Cathay Pacific came up with good pricing, i cross checked four companies that were trading on there website with consumer reviews and the feedback was appalling. I went to British airways direct for piece of mind and found them to be cheaper. My confidence for using skyscanner in the future is nil void until they regulate who uses there website as there are far to many scam companies.
 22nd of Jul, 2013 by   RLH2013 0 Votes
Skyscanner, you need to stop airtickets24.com from using your site. I have been trying to change my husbands flight for a week and they don't respond. Have called them in office hours and said hey have left for the day. I live in New Zealand and got up due to the time difference. My only option now is to pay for a new ticket. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. Thy also hung up on me 3 times last week for no reason. Best booking directly with an airline which is what I usually do or through reputable companies such as expedia.
 20th of Aug, 2013 by   amandabloom2005 0 Votes
Skyscanner takes no responsibility when something goes wrong yet. It's too easy, they always say that it's the travel agent's fault. They advertise in tehir website "No hidden fee and no agent fee". I purchased a ticket through skyscanner. The price of the airline was correct and airfrance charged my the correct fee but the travel agent hop2.com charged $16!. hop2.com is a SCAM. I contacted both companies and skyscanner sends me to airfrance (they did not do anything wrong they charged what they were supposed to). hop2 says it's a ticketing fee not an agent fee. Nowhere did it say that they was a ticketing fee to be charged. Wither way, they say no hidden fee.
hop2.com = SCAM
Skyscanner=SCAM unless they oblige their partners to follow the rules.

Top 5 Holiday Shopping Scams