logo

ebay magic scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Select Care Benefits Network, Austin, Texas Complaints & Reviews - money taken, no service or product provided

Select Care Benefits Network Contacts & Informations

Select Care Benefits Network

Posted:    Allen Priest

money taken, no service or product provided

select care benefits network
Austin, Texas
scbn.org
this company took $170.00 from my credit card and provided no service or product I have done a small amount of research and found many people have the same story when I asked for my money back I was laugh at and told good luck the better business bureau rates this company as unsatisfactory they also told me to get samples from my DR it is illegal to get narcotic samples they also told me they would mail me my meds also illegal I would like to see a class action suit started my conservitive estamate is about 5k people this is from a sample of states bbb sights with about 100 complaints this company preys on the poor and uninsured and must be stopped
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jan, 2009 by   Select Care +2 Votes
Allen,
You keep making the same strange claims about medicines being illegal and other strange complaints. It is unfortunate that you chose not to use your membership during the time that you were a member with us. We would even offer you a free month if you would like to come back and we can help you get your medications in the future.

In fact, we had assumed that you no longer had a complaint. We offered you mediation through the Better Business Bureau and you declined and no one has heard from you since. I wish you luck in procuring your medications in the future, Allen. Good luck to you.

Truly,

Manager
SCBN
 19th of Feb, 2009 by   danny badalamenti -2 Votes
i need peaple to join with me to file a class action suit agenst scbn.no service no rx and was told there will be no refund.they take peaples money and give no services.the bbb has rated this company as one of the worst.
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   truthbeheard +2 Votes
cool grammar and spelling. if you can't put together a decent sentence, i don't see how you would possibly be able to keep up with this program
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   SanFran -2 Votes
These people have billed me $150 AFTER I told them I did not want to join their sevices.
I have called them and got the royal run around.
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   Select Care +3 Votes
Dear SanFran,

If I knew who you are I could assist you, but that is difficult since I do not know your identity. I have many members in California but I don't have anyone listed in Mill Valley.

Select Care is a very easy to reach and if someone is trying to cancel their membership with us, the guidelines to close out membership are easily explained and all members have a copy of how. If you provide the information necessary to establish who you are, I will help you as quickly as I can.

Sincerely,

SCBN Customer Care Manager
512-406-5057
Brad_Williams@SCBN.org
www.SCBN.org
 18th of Sep, 2009 by   Lesia McCoy -2 Votes
This is supposed to be an "advocacy group" and trying to help people. I have epilepsy and they told me that I could get my drugs for 40.00 a month...I thought great! The drug companies offer THESE DRUGS FREE to people at low incomes. Go to the drug makes of the prescription, and call them. This is what this group should do, instead of ripping people off who need help.

I charged the $50.00 fee on a credit card and now they want to keep the application fee and bill my for $120.00 for the "services" not products I have not received. I plan to send back their packet certified mail.

I have contacted the South Carolina Consumers Affairs and also the Attorney General here in SC. Just a bunch of salespeople working on commission.

Lesia McCoy
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   Pinkunicorn7 -2 Votes
You can go on line and get your meds for FREE without SCBN stealing your money!! They are oh so nice while taking your info over the phone and state there will be a one time fee of $50.00 and to get your credit card ready, and then you find out that you have been charged $110.00!!! They charge you right off the bat without a signed contract, doctor's prescriptions or proof of income. They also supposedly record your conversation, but as the advocate reads in a very low inaudible voice, you aren't sure what you are agreeing to, but they say you can cancel within 30 days. NOT!!! They steal your money and charge you for services you never receive, and according to them, this is all perfectly legal in Texas!! I'll be damned. Class action suit? You betcha. But how about going on national television so the entire nation can hear about how hey prey on low income and elderly people!!!
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   Pinkunicorn7 -1 Votes
Brad Williams- Stop lining your pockets with our money and do the right thing. Oh yeah, you have no conscience.

Lesia_ they told me I was getting charged $20.00 for each medication, not for their services. Hmmm...which is it??
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   Select Care +2 Votes
Dear Pinkunicorn,

Select Care is a business in good standing in the community. Select Care Benefits Network is a patient advocacy organization. We act as a person’s advocate by helping a person become enrolled onto patient assistance programs for a small monthly fee. These programs distribute free prescriptions to patients that qualify financially and therefore save them hundreds of dollars a year. We do not sell or ship medications and we never hold ourselves out to do this. We are not a prescription company, we are a patient advocate company and we are completely clear as to what we do and how we assist people. All patients find us through someone we work with or on the internet at www.scbn.org where they must read the website and fill out an online application in order to be contacted. It is at this time that we contact someone where they verbally agreed to the Patient Advocate and Membership Agreement.

Since you only call yourself PinkUnicorn and give me no real complaint to address I can not help you at this time. Good luck to you in the future.

Truly,

Manager
SCBN
 6th of Oct, 2009 by   Select Care +2 Votes
Dear Lesia,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. I have spent some time going over your case with our Advocate Team, and I think that you will find the resolution to meet your expectations.

I know that you were concerned about being allowed to cancel and that the programs are free if you do it yourself. However, SCBN explains that they are free at www.SCBN.org and we tell you that on the phone. You only were paying membership dues which is also explained on the site and by everyone that works for us.The Patient Assistance Programs are great programs that help hundreds of thousands of uninsured Americans, but there is a lot red tape for people to get through. We were there to assist you by acting as your advocates. To address your cancellation request, when you requested to cancel in the 1st 30 days we allowed you to cancel exactly as you requested.

We do regret the experience that you had when you were a member. We are certainly happy to offer you a free month of membership so that you can get the medication that you need if you decide that you are unable to get through the red tape by yourself. We are confident that in this time period of using your membership, you will not only receive your medications but also be very happy with our ability to assist you in receiving your medications. Please contact me at 512-406-5057 so that we can get you started.

Sincerely,

SCBN Customer Care Manager
512-406-5057
Brad_Williams@SCBN.org
www.SCBN.org
 20th of May, 2010 by   willnot 0 Votes
THIS IS A SCAM- DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE, HAD THEM CHECKED OUT, GOOD MORINING AMERICA HAD A TALK WITH THEM AND SAID IT IS A SCAM. ALL THEY WANT IS YOUR MONEY
 20th of May, 2010 by   willnot 0 Votes
THIS IS A SCAM, GOOD MORINING AMERICA CHECKED THEM OUT AND SAID THEY ARE SCAMERS, WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY, THEY ARE BEING LOOKED AT BY THE LAW, HOPE THEY GET THEM, DON'T SEND ANY MONEY TO THEM AT ALL
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   dicouraged shame on you 0 Votes
What a load of crap !! taking money from people when the medication is FREE you should be ashamed of your self... paper work i do the same paper work as i did when i had your servce you crooks get the script fill out the papers you and your doctor send it in. So tell me what did your company do !!! i am a widow trying to feed 2 kids in this economy. and 30$ for 2yrs is a lot to some people Shame shame.My kids went without !!!
 6th of Jan, 2011 by   trelhe 0 Votes
Yes these people do take your money and do absolutely nothing for you. They told my wife that for $30. a month they would supply our medicines. Then they said they could only supply one, not a good deal. We found another place that supplys all 6 of our medicines at a lower cost. Select care will not refund our money and says we agreed to that. They are liars and frauds. Do not do any business with these people. If you need help with medications go to A Z & Me. Much better help and cheaper.
 9th of Jun, 2011 by   Incrediable 0 Votes
trisha
I recently lost a 30 year job, and cobra ran out. So I contacted SCBN for help on my husbands scripts. The
associate took basic info, income, name & name of medication. Said he would call back if I qualified. He did
about an hour later. Congradulations you qualify. In the mean time I googled the company because they
wanted to take the money out of my checking acct. Glad I did. SCAMS! He wanted a $50 application fee and
$35 a month out of my checking acct. By the way the $50 wasn't mentioned prior. I confronted him on
the internet scams, and how he could take my word for it on my income. I explained how I contacted Lilly assistance they sent me a application and in return I sent them my copy of 2010 incometax return and had my doctor fill out the perscriptions and he sent it in to lilly. I received 4 months of each med FREE . All I had to do was pick them up at the doctors office. When I told him that He Hung UP The Phone ON Me. Don't give anyone who wants money up front from your checking or credit card info. PLEASEEEEEEEEEE
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   doodls 0 Votes
just got off the phone with them, after i told them that i would NOT give my bank info out over the phone and that this is how honest people get scammed. I was rudely told then you dont get any medication and was hung up on! very professional if this is really a honest company huh?
 27th of Dec, 2012 by   villandra 0 Votes
I wonder if you are all aware that you can most often get these drugs directly from the manufacturers on their prescription assistance programs for nothing. Your doctor, clinic or pharmacy will help with the paperwork.

I am here checking on this company before applying for a job there. I don't think I'll be applying. I am shocked to discover people being charged large amounts for this service.

Dora
 24th of Jan, 2013 by   margaret zu 0 Votes
i have had the same awful experience with scbn. until i figured out accidentally what they were up to i had already lost at least $1, 200.00+. i too hope there will be some kind of action taken towards this company. hopefully a class action lawsuit will be forth coming so those of us who were cheated can re coup our losses.
 1st of Apr, 2013 by   rmharper1977 0 Votes
my uncle has also been a victim of the bloodsuckers... and now here is the funny thing MR. BRAD WILLIAMS, the so called customer care manager, has put his phone number up here on some of these complaints so i tried calling it and well folks guess what it is NO LONGER A WORKING NUMBER, these people need to be stopped at all costs.
 24th of Apr, 2013 by   Really?!?! 0 Votes
I don't understand how people get complain about paying a small monthly fee to have a company handle the paperwork for you? I mean, of course you can do it for free for yourself. Just like you can clean your carpets yourself, but often people will hire a company to do so. You can prepare your taxes yourself, but often you use a tax preparer or accountant. You can even represent yourself in court, but most people choose to hire an attorney. SO WHAT if they charge you a small monthly fee to handle the paperwork for you and assist you?!?!? I mean really?!?!? If you were paying $400 a month, and they completed all the paperwork and filing and refills for you to get your medicine sent to you, how can you complain about paying $30 a month. That's the problem with Americans, everyone wants everything for free. Get a clue people!

Are You A Shopaholic?