logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Hobby King
I did not recieve the product
2. (21 mins ago)
Himalayan Cat Purchase
Barbara Redalia of Tuleburg Cattery
3. (23 mins ago)
Aqua Texas Inc
This is the worst water company I have ever had the displeasure of being forced to use
4. (26 mins ago)
Reliable Credit Servers
Bogus or SCAM
5. (42 mins ago)
ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India
Money2india: read this before you use the service!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears, Abbotsford, British Columbia Complaints & Reviews - Protection/Repair Agreement

Sears Contacts & Informations

Sears

Posted: 2013-01-02 by    DebPow

Protection/Repair Agreement

Sears
Abbotsford, British Columbia
Canada
Phone: 604-820-1874
I bought a side by side Kenmore fridge/freezer from Sears in 2005. And "bought" into the Extended Protection & Repair Agreement... which was my first big mistake. May I tell you from my personal experience that Sears is NOT anything they were in the eyes of our parents. A good, customer service company that "cared". My fridge veggie boxes started to freeze up, so I had a repair call out, that was at the end of Nov 2012. Jan 2, they are still arguing that it could be repaired (I have had 6 separate technician visits & the problem remained), so now they are stepping up to the plate under the "No Lemon" clause. But wait, my fridge was purchased in 2005, disregard the fact that I have paid for extended warranty since day one... so I will now be offered a buyout price based on the age of my fridge... and that this will be a CREDIT at my Sears store to go and buy a replacement. Yes, I will have to add more money to the credit to replace my fridge/freezer.
BUYER BEWARE: Save your money on the extended warranty. Put it into a savings account to buy a new fridge/freezer because when it comes to a buyout, you are the one who will be out of pocket and spending hours of volatile discussions with Sears personnel.
Comments Canada Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Avoid Auto Dealer Scams