Sears Protection Plan

Posted: 2013-06-27 by

Not worth buying

Sears
Tennessee
Sears Protection Plan- Makes it very complicated to get a replacement when an item breaks.
Instead of just taking the item back to the store, they say you have to get a prepaid mailing label, place the item in a box, and mail it back to them. Then when they receive it, they'll send you a gift card to buy another item. They tried emailing the label to me-- I never received it, tried two different email addresses, it did not work. They said they'd send me a label in the mail-- never got it. Called back- and while on the phone tried them emailing me again-- nothing- it would not go through- so I emailed them and they sent me a reply. Their "reply" was supposed to be the prepaid label- but it was only a link to their website where I had to register my claim. They then said I should go to a UPS store, and have the UPS clerk to call them(the Sears Protect Plan) and ask sears to email THEM the prepaid label, while I wait there with the box to return. HA!! I said I'll just take it back to the store-- they said NO!! NO!! Do NOT take it back to the sears store-- because they're "system" is not they same as theirs and they will not be able to email them the prepaid label.--- but I'm supposed to go to a UPS store and ask the clerk there to spend 1/2 hour on the phone with sears to get them to send a label to UPS????? They're crazy-- and it sounds fishy to me-- SO I take it to UPS store-- and they look at me like I'm crazy-- they don't have time to call sears and get them to email them a prepaid label-- there's 10 people waiting in line---So I take the bull by the horn and take the damn product BACK TO THE STORE WHERE I BOUGHT IT-- it's the only thing that makes sense. They gave me a replacement product with no problem. So the Sears Protect Plan that you have to contact by phone or email is a crock-- ie. a big run around-- You can not get your product replaced by going through them.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful?

Sears Holdings Coproration Logo Sears Holdings Coproration