Sears / Kmart

Corporate Policy Complaint

140 Whalon St
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Phone: 978-345-7362
I have been working for Sears Holdings for a while now. And I work at the Kmart in Fitchburg, MA. I am a good worker and follow the rules. But no matter how much I do for them or how much training and knowledge I have I will never get a raise. I was rufused a raise for being there almost 1 year and a half!!! There are three new associates whom has been here for about 2 months, and I just realized that I have been trainign them for nothing...They make the same pay as me, and sometimes get more hours than me!!!?? They say it's because their new and they need to get in more hours than you. But it's been over a month!!! Hello!!!??? Why should I be denied a riase...?? Well, they also said it's because they're at a PAY RAISE FREEZE!!!? Well, I know that there are three or more associates that got their raises because they switched to a higher or other department. So why, again, should I be denied just a $0.25 raise? I mean I work two or more department myself!

Does anyone else think this is BULL!!!??

I have tried to contact corporate but they have not replied. I have talked with my fellow associates and they all say YOU NEED A RAISE NOW!

Complaint comments Comments (14) Complaint country United States Complaint category Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful?

25th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

K - Mart - False advertising!
Phone: 802 775-4429

On 11/25/07 I also tried to go to kmartfeedback.com after receiving a receipt from Kmart saying you could win a $2500 gift card if you tell us about your experience; what pops up but numerous sites regarding complaints. When I entered one of the sites I realized I was not the only one who was lured to the K-Mart web site to find it down. Okay how strange is this, as I read the bottom of my receipt is states "to complete the survey you will need the 19 digit receipt number from your receipt" then farther down it states "No purchase necessary." Am I wrong to wonder if no purchase is necessary then how are you going to have the 19 digit receipt number from your receipt that it states you need to complete the survey...
 17th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
my sibling worked for Sears years ago, for many years (5 or more) - at that time the economy was great and she received only one raise in that long time period. it was also in the arena of about 10 CENTS per hour raise. Sears was never a hugely profitable company, outside of appliances, tools, tires...i agree with you that it is unethical, but if you are making minimum wage or more they have no obligation to give you a raise. i would suggest requesting a performance evaluation on the grounds of a promotion or raise, and if they refuse- find a new job with a more progressive corporation-good luck!
 20th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
hrm...you know, i work here too. don't know who this could be but i'll tell you this. i started last year. i've been there ever since. i started as a lead and stayed a lead and am looking to move up but that probably won't happen. i have NOT stopped looking for a new job and don't intend to. i have already received a review that would have given me a raise and due to the freeze didn't get one. i would say that you need to buck up a bit and continue to work your ass off all while searching for better employment. at least that way, when you leave, you will get a glowing recommendation and reference. if you slack off because you're unhappy, the HR coach, and the managers, are going to remember. i pride myself on running around the store like a crazy person because i have earn the respect of all the managers there. take heed these words because there is some truth. good luck oh mysterious coworker...
 21st of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes

Sears / Kmart - e-mail containing a virus

Why is it that at least every month my Virus protection removes an e-mail from sears/kmart with a virus attached?
Sandra --- marktree@localnet.com
 13th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Sears / Kmart - false advertisement and failure to return money

we had called sear while looking online for a washer for are cloths we had thought we were gonna be happy with the washer we had ordered the rep on the phone had asked for the item number we were looking at so we had gave it to her n we had told her we like the style of the washer we were looking at and told her the only problum was that it was only 1 cubic foot she had assured us that that was a type o and that it was 3 cubic foot so we went on with the order when they had delivered the unit it looked like a little play set that we would buy for are kids we were very unhappy with the unit so we had called sears toll free number they told us we would have are money returned back to are gift card that we had used to purchesed the washer and had sent ups to are house to pick the item up today we had called sears to see when our money would be back on our card to go to a sears store and pick up a unit that was in stock when i spoke to sears they were very rude and would not give us are credit back on are card and said it would take 10 days to make a dission on weather or not we would get our money back (we never opened the box ) then it would take a additional 10 day for them to mail us a check we are very unhappy with sears and will never go to a sears or a kmart again i do not see how they stay in business working that way i am also contacting the BBB on this matter
Clyde Barker

Sears / Kmart - order

I had ordered a video game online on October 22 2010 and paid but never recieved this nor a refund... now it is december 13th and without product or refund, , , and the worst is that i have spoken to just about everyone in customer care and no answers... now my children will be without gift from santa.
 13th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am in the same boat with them sorry to hear of your to me mine is so small but 70.00 means alot to children when opening gifts from SANTA, , , but maybe not this year the way they do not give money returns.
 13th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
my children do not know anything about this but to have gifts under the tree is somethign kids look forward to from santa
 13th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
I work there 2. 4 over a year na half n have received no raise due to "a freeze". I have a dear friend who is a co worker there n has been there 4 18 years n doesn't even make $9.00 an hour. That is sad. Sears seriously needs a makeover. They need 2 become more appealing 2 the 21st century. I enjoy my job but do not feel appreciated by corporate as it reflects so in my rate of pay. I am loyal 2 them ni feel as tho they should b loyal 2 me n not make have 2 struggle 2 survive...Show some appreciation sears...Ur turnover is overwhelming...Take action...DAMN...Js Ty
 25th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
Ive been a Kmart for 5 years, never reveived 1 raise...I trained dozens of ppl, never late, never missed 1 day and never got a raise.
The only thing I have to look forward to is min wage going up in 2014 and ill finally make $9 an hour.
 6th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
I worked at fitchburg ma. Kmart for four years.
I worked hard and came in on my days off
Never got a raise.
Workers will throw under the bus no matter how hard you work.
There's a couple of managers who are good but one makes
you feel stupid and acts like he in high school and I seen
him hide in garden warehouse drawing pictures on the
windows when he should be out in the store.
For personal reason I left and put in my two weeks notice
My advice is plan on sucking ip to this manager that I talked about
above like many of the employees do or you will get no where

and glad I did now..
My best advice is try not to work here unless you can suck up
to this manager above which many employees do L refuse to
do that.
 8th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
I work at Kmart, have for 7 years.. I started a cashier at 16 as soon as I turned 18 they threw me up at the service desk with basically no training, no overrides and they got mad at me for calling a manager to help me with something I didn't know how to do. I just started off covering shifts and then I started getting scheduled up there. Finally I got overrides. But as a service desk person you're supposed to make 7.90 as opposed to 7.40 and I wasn't. When I confronted my manager he said there was a raise freeze. I told them I had a job offer somewhere else and I was gonna leave if he didn't give me what I earned. Got the 7.90 but only because I demanded it. Kmart is a don't ask don't tell kind of company I wish I worked somewhere else where I was appreciated enough to have more than a 10% discount
 4th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
Kmart does not give raises I will be contacting corporate while kmart has freezes on raises
 10th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have worked for sears for 6 years and I still make the same I started with.I have seen so many people get fired over things thats out of their control, like offering sales in every call but if they customer doesnt decide to buy it than the agent get on a performace writeup at the end of the month.(So even if the agent is doing their job and the customer declines it the AGENTS fault!) I seen a woman who worked here for almost 15 years get fired because she was short like 3 sales buy the end of the month.You get 3 writeups, step 1-then step2 then step 3, you get fired.I have never in my life worked for a cold hearted company.This is sad.Someone needs to do something about this.

Sears Logo Sears