logo

Tobias Mayer
Birkenstock sandals
5. (30 mins ago)
ScoreSense.com
Money taken out of my account without my permission

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears/Kmart, Fitchburg, Massachusetts Complaints & Reviews - Corporate Policy Complaint

Sears/Kmart Contacts & Informations

140 Whalon St
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Phone: 978-345-7362
kmart.com
I have been working for Sears Holdings for a while now. And I work at the Kmart in Fitchburg, MA. I am a good worker and follow the rules. But no matter how much I do for them or how much training and knowledge I have I will never get a raise. I was rufused a raise for being there almost 1 year and a half!!! There are three new associates whom has been here for about 2 months, and I just realized that I have been trainign them for nothing...They make the same pay as me, and sometimes get more hours than me!!!?? They say it's because their new and they need to get in more hours than you. But it's been over a month!!! Hello!!!??? Why should I be denied a riase...?? Well, they also said it's because they're at a PAY RAISE FREEZE!!!? Well, I know that there are three or more associates that got their raises because they switched to a higher or other department. So why, again, should I be denied just a $0.25 raise? I mean I work two or more department myself!

Does anyone else think this is BULL!!!??

I have tried to contact corporate but they have not replied. I have talked with my fellow associates and they all say YOU NEED A RAISE NOW!

HELP ME PLEASE! THIS IS WRONG!
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Nov, 2009 by   NYorker85 0 Votes
my sibling worked for Sears years ago, for many years (5 or more) - at that time the economy was great and she received only one raise in that long time period. it was also in the arena of about 10 CENTS per hour raise. Sears was never a hugely profitable company, outside of appliances, tools, tires...i agree with you that it is unethical, but if you are making minimum wage or more they have no obligation to give you a raise. i would suggest requesting a performance evaluation on the grounds of a promotion or raise, and if they refuse- find a new job with a more progressive corporation-good luck!
 20th of Dec, 2009 by   kobuu 0 Votes
hrm...you know, i work here too. don't know who this could be but i'll tell you this. i started last year. i've been there ever since. i started as a lead and stayed a lead and am looking to move up but that probably won't happen. i have NOT stopped looking for a new job and don't intend to. i have already received a review that would have given me a raise and due to the freeze didn't get one. i would say that you need to buck up a bit and continue to work your ass off all while searching for better employment. at least that way, when you leave, you will get a glowing recommendation and reference. if you slack off because you're unhappy, the HR coach, and the managers, are going to remember. i pride myself on running around the store like a crazy person because i have earn the respect of all the managers there. take heed these words because there is some truth. good luck oh mysterious coworker...
 13th of Jan, 2013 by   Angela Donlin 0 Votes
I work there 2. 4 over a year na half n have received no raise due to "a freeze". I have a dear friend who is a co worker there n has been there 4 18 years n doesn't even make $9.00 an hour. That is sad. Sears seriously needs a makeover. They need 2 become more appealing 2 the 21st century. I enjoy my job but do not feel appreciated by corporate as it reflects so in my rate of pay. I am loyal 2 them ni feel as tho they should b loyal 2 me n not make have 2 struggle 2 survive...Show some appreciation sears...Ur turnover is overwhelming...Take action...DAMN...Js Ty
 25th of Feb, 2013 by   MadatTheBigK 0 Votes
Ive been a Kmart for 5 years, never reveived 1 raise...I trained dozens of ppl, never late, never missed 1 day and never got a raise.
The only thing I have to look forward to is min wage going up in 2014 and ill finally make $9 an hour.
 6th of Apr, 2013 by   drakr 0 Votes
I worked at fitchburg ma. Kmart for four years.
I worked hard and came in on my days off
Never got a raise.
Workers will throw under the bus no matter how hard you work.
There's a couple of managers who are good but one makes
you feel stupid and acts like he in high school and I seen
him hide in garden warehouse drawing pictures on the
windows when he should be out in the store.
For personal reason I left and put in my two weeks notice
My advice is plan on sucking ip to this manager that I talked about
above like many of the employees do or you will get no where
here.

and glad I did now..
My best advice is try not to work here unless you can suck up
to this manager above which many employees do L refuse to
do that.
 8th of Feb, 2014 by   Awesomecrabcakesupreme 0 Votes
I work at Kmart, have for 7 years.. I started a cashier at 16 as soon as I turned 18 they threw me up at the service desk with basically no training, no overrides and they got mad at me for calling a manager to help me with something I didn't know how to do. I just started off covering shifts and then I started getting scheduled up there. Finally I got overrides. But as a service desk person you're supposed to make 7.90 as opposed to 7.40 and I wasn't. When I confronted my manager he said there was a raise freeze. I told them I had a job offer somewhere else and I was gonna leave if he didn't give me what I earned. Got the 7.90 but only because I demanded it. Kmart is a don't ask don't tell kind of company I wish I worked somewhere else where I was appreciated enough to have more than a 10% discount

Mobile Phone Insurance Fraud