Sears, Kenmore

We bought our frig in 2001 and for the past two years had to defrost the freezer every three months because the freezer drainager freezes and ice melts and drains water into the refrigerator. It is rediculous that SEARS MAKES products that is only good for only five years.
Make< Kenmore
Model, 70184001
Ser#, EL0721626
MFG date, 03-01
Complaint comments Comments (12) Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances
Was the above complaint useful?

14th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
WOW that is exactly what happened with ours (same model) now the fridge is not working. Looks like we're going to have to buy a new one cause it will probably cost a lot to fix. Might as well spend the money on a new one. Probably won't go back to Sears.
 10th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
So many times that we just bought food to put in the refrigerator only to find that it almost went bad because once the ice forms on the inside of the fridge, it stops keeping a cold temperature. Has anyone experienced that, where the fridge stops getting cold because of that?
 16th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes

Sears Kenmore - refrigerator
Santa Fe

As of today we are still waiting for our sixth visit from a Sears Technician to fix our Kenmore refrigerator. We have been without our refrigerator for six weeks. The customer service center is obtuse. They don't communicate very well, nor do they seem to have any record of your call history. They do not give you a call center number to refer to your case and you cannot speak to a manager about coordinating the service call. They can only set up an appointment. The technicians are also obtuse and are not properly trained. The technician, I'll call him technician number 2, after visit number 4 said honestly, he did not know how to fix the refrigerator and he would send out another more experienced technician to our home the next day. After he assured me that the appointment was all set, technician number 3 reporting for service call number 5 failed to call or show up. I guess they didn't train in appointment scheduling either but I digress it all started with Technican number 1 on visit number 1 apparently he could not fix the refrigerator and blew out the "board" . He subsequently quit the following day. Sending in technician number 2 for visits 2 and 3 didn't fair up much better. Oh did I fail to mention that visit 3 was as a result of my being on the phone with my bank when good ole' customer service called to make sure I was home when they called on their 800 number I did not take the call that second. Good ole' customer service left a message I called within minutes but, alas, they said I missed the appointment. They would try to locate the dispatch but to no avail. When I asked in what country the service center was located, they refused to tell me for security reasons. So that is why visit 3 was scheduled. Service call 3 and 4 was a disaster even after having every refrigerator part known to man waiting in my hallway from various UPS shipments (they deliver the parts fine) my refrigerator was still not fixed. Visit 5 was a no show so now I am on the 8 to 5 gamble that visit 6 will fix it just one more time. It is a total crap shoot at this point. At this point I will drive the fridge to Sears and set it on fire. Maybe we will get some attention!
 3rd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
If you have a Master Protection Agreement they will reimburse you for the 6-weeks without a refrigerator as well as for any spoilage of food (up to $200 I believe). In addition, if the same problem has happened more than 4 times you are eligible for a new refrigerator.

However, all of that only applies with the Master Protection Agreement. Otherwise, you have to go with the manufacturer's warranty -- and Kenmore products are not made in a "Kenmore" factory. They are made by GE, Whirlpool, etc.

I think Sears has good appliances -- but I wouldn't walk out the door without a Master Protection Agreement. Worth it for the free yearly maintenance check alone in my book.
 9th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
OMG this is what happen to our Refrigerator Kenmore same make and model #, FROST free it is no, t and will cost a bundle to fix, why bother I will go to Best buy and get a new one, I will not purchase a Kenmore product again. Sears got the money and now will not back their products, they will send out a handy dany repair person to rip you off some more>
 6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

Sears / Kenmore - Refrigerator
Washington, D.C.

My refrig went out twice the second time I called Sears out to repair. The tech came to my house and said that there was a $70.00 charge for just coming out and a $70.00 charge for dynosting the the problem. $70.00 to just walk in the door. Something is wrong with this picture. When he arrived the refrig was working because I turned the temp up higher. He said, it's working, I don't see anything wrong. You should invest in our $232.00 plan so this way if I have to come out again, you will not have to pay anything else. My husband the money and now I want to be reimburst for a job that wasn't done or completed. Now we have a freezer that we can't even put food in. I am going to call BBB because this is terrible. Sears shouldn't treat customer the way that they do. Now is not the time to cheat people out of their money.
 26th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Sears, Kenmore - Delivery charges and cursing

I'll try. to keep it short. I needed more freezer space. Sears had a sale of freezers so I found a nice 15 Cubic square foot one and purchased it. The saleswoman was awesome and I figured I'd pay to have them deliver it cause I somehow doubt that I could carry it by myself. Delivery was set for the next day (today) and the saleswoman said that the delivery people would contact me to set up a delivery time.

I did get a call that I missed due to being in the shower and they chose a time at perhaps the one time that wouldn't work (9:00-11:00 AM). In the voice message they also said that they were closing and to call the next day if there was any issue with the time and so I did at 7:30 am only to be told that they could in fact NOT change the time and that I would have to make arrangements to be here. Upon my protests I was transferred to another person (not another department mind you, nor was it a supervisor). After being told the same thing again, I requested that my sale be canceled all together. The representative then said that I was being a difficult "Asshole" (yes she called me an asshole) and that I needed to make arrangements. I requested to speak to her supervisor. She refused. She also refused to give me her employee ID number for some time or her name. She eventually gave me the following information, employee ID 51023292505. She claimed her name was Linda, yet her voice did not sound remotely like a woman's so I am not even sure if any of the information that was given is eve true. She still refused to allow me to speak with a supervisor and informed me that a new delivery fee would be assessed if I was not here to receive delivery.

What happened to Sears, it used to be a great company that took care of its customers.
 8th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Sears, Kenmore - faulty parts for Kenmore front loader
605 east northern ave
Phone: 337-250-4880

We bought a Kenmore front loader from Sears around 4 years ago. Last week it started shaking and making an aweful noise when spinning. We replaced the shocks and it still did the same shaking. We found out that it was the spider assembly that was shot. Come to find out that Sears does not sell the spider assembly without the drum, which is almost as expensive as buying a new washer. To top it off, I found out that the spider assembly is made of aluminum and the drum of steel. The two metals do not go together. They are made to corrode in a few short years. Shame on you Kenmore. And shame on you Sears. If you go to youtube and type in "why my kenmore washer died", you will see that this man took his washer apart to show you why it failed. It took 6 years for his to break. Only 4 years for mine to break. Don't buy Kenmore front loader. I would never buy any brand front loader again. I'll do my homework next time I buy an expensive piece of equipment.
 11th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes

Sears / Kenmore - refridgerator
135 Broadwing Drive
Phone: 717-451-7082

On June 30, 2011, I received my new Kenmore refridgerator . On July 3rd it was repaired the first time for a leak from the ice maker water connection and now second appointment is scheduled for the same problem for Tuesday, July 11. The first repair technicians stated that the ice-maker water connection is made a bit cheaply. I tend to agree. He caulked the area with MY caulk, because, I feel they did not come prepared for anything. After all, you as a company always assume it is the users problem, right. It lasted eight days. This is highly unacceptable. I did purchase the "extended warranty" for more than $300.00; however, this is a brand new appliance which should not need any repairs. Possibly, Sears is aware of the cost it will take on for their cheap applicances. In reading the warranty, I find there is a "lemom" clause - if the same part must be repaird 4 times in one year. Now I have water damage to the adjacent cabinet, thanks to the water from the leak. I am mad, upset and don't know how to recouperate my losses thanks to Kenmore, Sears and useless technicians. Will send photos if needed, but the "technician" will be here tomorrow. Please advise on how we will take care of this catastrophe.
 16th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hey, this is so cool. The repairman came and fixed my freezer/icemaker last week, for the second time. Tonight I am wiping up water and plan to go to the store tomorrow to have Sears come get this piece of junk out of my house. It is leaking for the third time in 3 weeks.
 20th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
To ksmcluc,

I'm sorry that you've had these problems with your new refrigerator and with Sears Repair. We really do appreciate your business and would like to resolve this issue with you. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (ksmcluc) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support
 19th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes

Sears - Kenmore - refrigerator
1061 evergreen rd
Port Austin
Phone: 989 553 5081

third time sears has come out to fix our refrigerator, still not cooling.
first service call-- did nothing but chip away the ice buildup. please keep in mind that this is a new frost free refrigerator.
2nd service call- placed a after market heater into the drain tube because the ice build up continued. still not cooling.
3rd service call- still not cooling- placed aftermarket sealer around the ice maker hole and replaced the defrost controller.

each time this has happened we had to throw out food that had spoiled. we have this at it's coldest setting and can not get the fridge below 40 degrees. the tunnel between the freezer and refrigerator keeps filling up with ice, the prevents the cool air from getting to the lower section of the unit(refrigerator).

Kenmore  Logo Kenmore