logo

Biotrim Labs
Company charges for nothing
2. (0 mins ago)
Direct TV
Unauthorized withdrawal from debit card!
3. (22 mins ago)
Fox News

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears Holdings, Hoffman Estates, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Horrible customer service and horrible operations

Sears Holdings Contacts & Informations

Sears Holdings

Posted: 2011-08-19 by    johnjustice

Horrible customer service and horrible operations

Sears Holdings
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
When is Sears going to go bankrupt again?

Stock is already tanking

Their "blue ribbon" customer service is a joke

Their systems don't work and their customer service is abismal

Their processes are slow and inadequate

Competitors like Best Buy and Walmart have a grand time competing against Sears and its inept management
Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Aug, 2011 by   johnjustice 0 Votes
I forgot to mention that Sears' CEO should be fired immediately together with the whole Board.
 19th of Aug, 2011 by   johnjustice -1 Votes
TheLoveFist VI quit spamming message boards.
The same comment on different complaints is fine if it adds to the specific complaint but your post does not add any value; if you disagree state why but I probably wont respond because I dont have time to sorry.
 20th of Aug, 2011 by   SearsCare 0 Votes
To johnjustice,

I want to apologize for the Sears issue you are dealing with. It is our goal to resolve all Sears related issues to our customer's satisfaction. Unfortunately, this is not always possible due to lack of compromise or some other issue that is simply beyond our control. I see that you have been in contact with our Blue Ribbon team and are still not satisfied. We would certainly be willing to re-visit your situation and work with you to find a resolution. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we value you as a Sears customer. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the screen name (johnjustice) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.
Social Media Moderator
Sears Social Media Support
 28th of Aug, 2011 by   johnjustice -1 Votes
I contacted the people above; still a nightmare. No one in charge. They are trying but the results are poor.
The problem with Sears is that there are too many holes to fill; the good people who work at this company are fighting a battle that cannot be won. From inadequate management systems; to uneven customer service; to inept executive customer service teams; inadequate information systems; questionable sales practices; and board members and management that have been deemed some of the worst in corporate america; sears is an unfortunate disasters. The few bright spots are obliterated by dismal execution; inept management; See article: "America’s Worst Board Members: Thomas J. Tisch Of Sears Holdings" online at "24/7 Wall St.". I am a customer; until I can get rid of my gift cards that I bought. Fund managers should divest Sears Holdings before the company stock tanks again. All these rude and shady executive customer service people are ruining the company too.
 28th of Aug, 2011 by   johnjustice -1 Votes
And for more reading about Sears Holdings Board Members: Edward Lampert http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-08/lampert-may-avoid-obama-tax-increase-with-864-million-hedge-fund-payout.html ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Lampert and Thomas Tisch http://tzvee.blogspot.com/2008/06/times-tisch-familys-newport-cigarettes.html
 28th of Aug, 2011 by   johnjustice -1 Votes

Do you want your mutual fund manager to invest your savings in this company? Or your son or daughter to work for them?

I do not own any Sears stock I do not short or plan to short any Sears stock I am just a disappointed Sears customer.
 28th of Aug, 2011 by   johnjustice -1 Votes
I contacted the Sears Social Media Support above right away and received an email back from them telling me that someone would contact me within 24 hours. It has been over a week and still no one has contacted me. Today they sent me an email saying that they "apologized" for the delay. My inbox is filled with apology emails from Sears but never any resolution or it takes them forever.
They are emailing receipts that have inaccurate information. For example I bought a camera for $180 and they sent me two receipts; one with a total of about $5, 000 (for the camera) and a list of the gift cards that I used that was inaccurate with the inaccurate amounts. The other email receipt for the same camera also listed inaccurate amounts for the gift cards; same camera but this time new amounts and also this time the amounts in the receipt are wrong. When I contact customer service via email and ask for the correct receipt they refuse to provide it. What a nightmare.
 29th of Aug, 2011 by   johnjustice 0 Votes
Sears has a group called "blue ribbon"; it's their top level customer service reporting to the CEO.

I had spent 2 days trying to buy a $180 camera with $25 sears gift card that I bought and since Sears ordering computer systems do not work very well i had been unable to place the order. Eventually I found the blue ribbon group. The first person I spoke on the phone, Detra, in Blue Ribbon was aggressive and rude towards me and told me that I was using "too many $25 sears gift cards" to place the order. It's like telling a customer that he is using too many $10 bills to buy a $200 camera. This is after I was unhappy to have spent two days trying to place the order. Detra was also very rude. I asked to speak with Detra's manager and she refused. The way their department is setup they do not let you speak to managers. So whoever is Detra's manager he or she should be removed from their job. I then spoke to Sheleatha, in the Sears Affirmative Action Blue Ribbon department and she was nicer but refused to take my feedback about Detra. I think that what sheleatha did is a big disservice to all the good employees of Sears. This was a few days ago; today I spoke to Stephanie in Social Media Support she told me that my case manager had been out for over a week and the case was closed and nothing could be done but at least Stephanie was helpful because she took my complaint about Detra and her manager and hopefully Sheleatha too. As a side note I wonder if affirmative action is destroying America; they put people who are unable to do their job in key positions and all the other employees suffer as a result. They should just put the best person for the job in place. Detra will keep her plush job and keep berating customers. I feel sorry for all the great employees at Sears. Yesterday I went to the local Sears store and the manager on duty was complaining about his computer system not working.
This company is going to go out of business soon they cannot deal with the complexity and size of their operations.
Sears top Top Mutual Fund Holders are

VANGUARD INSTITUTIONAL INDEX FUND-INSTITUTIONAL INDEX FD
KINETICS PORT TR-KINETICS MASTER NEW PARADIGM PORT
JP Morgan Value Advantage Fund
FAIRHOLME ALLOCATION FUND

You may want to consider this if any of the funds above is a large part of your portfolio.
 29th of Aug, 2011 by   johnjustice -1 Votes
thelovefist if you have anything specific that you disagree you can mention it in your comments but a useless spamming comment like your above adds nothing to this. Anyways I will not reply to you because I don't have the time and you clearly are just spamming the boards. But you are free to be specific if you disagree with anything. Are you hired by companies to help them out? I saw your comment about Direct TV http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/con-job-c490576.html#c1075979
 29th of Aug, 2011 by   johnjustice -1 Votes
For more about Berkowitz's Fairholme Funds http://www.streetinsider.com/Hedge+Funds/Paulson%2C+Berkowitz+Share+in+BofA+%28BAC%29+Pain/6737778.html
 1st of Sep, 2011 by   johnjustice -1 Votes
Just found this; I guess I am not alone in my thoughts about Sears management. I feel sorry for the cool Sears / Kmart employees that I talked to.

1st of Sep, 2011 by   johnjustice -1 Votes
Today Sears' stock (Sears / Kmart) SHLD closed at $59.89.
 10th of Sep, 2011 by   itssogood +1 Votes
Submit a complaint to the FTC

and your State Attorney General or State Consumer Protection Agency

Do not use the BBB because the BBB is a scam
 30th of Sep, 2011 by   Ghetto7Swords 0 Votes
As a former Technical Support Specialist for Sears Holdings in Round Rock, Texas, I can tell all of you, not only is the customer service terrible, but this is also a horrible place to work at. I started in 2010 & left in 2011 & I will tell you 1st hand, there are no real technical support experts you talk to on the phone. Just a bunch of college kids, single moms, disgruntled middle aged men & people just passing through until a better opportunity comes along. Its not their fault. The fault really rests on the managers who have a cold-hearted outlook on true customer service. Yea, they promise you champagne wishes & caviar dreams & apologize non-stop on the phone & tell you, "yes sir/yes ma'am I can fix this over the phone", but honestly, only 20% of those promises are actually followed through. Plus, were given a 6 week crash course on product troubleshooting (which no one becomes a true expert on), along with poor scripts on how to deliver true customer service, which is an absolute joke. And those home improvement specials, FORGET ABOUT IT! Half that crap falls apart after a year or two. I would know, because customers have told me on the phone. The worst is when technicians cancel repairs & the customer calls & we find out thru the routing department that the tech cancelled at the last minute & we are the ones that have to break the news. I learned that the routing department is not responsible for informing customers that techs have cancelled. They are a separate local division. They really expect the customer to call & check the status. ABSOLUTE SLAP IN THE FACE! I will say that even though no system is perfect, Sears makes T-Mobile look like the Vatican & we all know how bad T-Mobile is, but I digress. The warranty is a nightmare in itself. DO NOT BUY THE SSA! In fact, if you have any kind of warranty with this company, DO NOT RENEW IT! SSA is the worst, because its a 1 year contract, only covers parts up to $500.00 and there are no guarantees that if the item (i.e. dishwasher, front load washer, tractor) isn't able to be repaired, SEARS WILL NOT REPLACE YOUR PRODUCT! Also, if its more than 10 years old, there's no way in hell you can readily find parts for it. I was trained to either have the customer buy a SSA (which we receive commission on), renew the Master Protection Agreement, setup a repair (where you have to pay $129.00 just for a tech to come out & look at your product), or buy a new product. As far as my experience on the phone goes, I do not remember who I talked to or anything, but if anyone has felt jaded, scammed or just pissed off that their problem didn't get resolved, I apologize. My managers, who I'm pretty sure are nice people outside the office, were petty, mean, unreliable, and just didn't know how to tell employees on the phone how to deliver better resolutions to problems. Not to mention I couldn't even get time off for my daughter's 1st birthday, but I digress (again). As a customer now, I can tell you all, I wouldn't buy a used condom from this place, even if it were stuffed with a $1 million dollar check & it was given to me for free. So overall, everyone please take heed: DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS! Go to Lowes, Best Buy, heck, you'd even have better luck on craigslist.com if you want a quality product. Its not that people don't take their job seriously, but the person you speak with on the phone is trying to keep their head above water & has only 3 minutes to either reach a resolution or tell you any kind of crap you wanna hear or their going to get a write up (PPI) or won't receive any recognition or commission if their metrics aren't met. So, what's the silver lining in all of this...well, as of 2012, this company might be finished. Look up the first quarter sales for Sears Holdings & see why they might fold & turn into Kmart. These are actual facts, no rumors or lies. As I stated before, no company or system is perfect, but Sears has fallen drastically and quite frankly, it is not the same as it use to be. If you want great customer service, REAL technical support & quality product, DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS!
While this post may have sounded angry, ITS THE TRUTH! Yea, customers maybe jerks, but who can blame them when they are being sold poor quality that falls apart after a week & told all kinds of bs on the phone (and again, I do not blame the employees, just the horrific training & management). So, to all fellow Sears employees, whether your in Tempe, Round Rock/Austin on the phone all day, or working as a field tech or in the store, I will say this: Start job hunting now. 2012, this company is finished. Sales & stocks are tanking, customer complaints are flying all over the place, & quite frankly, the phone experience is awful whether you know what you're doing or not. These are hard economic times right now, & I know you gotta do what you gotta do until the next opportunity comes along & I hate the fact that people are losing jobs everywhere & can't find work, but as far as I'm concerned, Sears had this a long time coming. If by some divine act of God this company can be salvaged, YOU better change from the ground up. And don't give me that crap about cutting costs or whatever excuse you can come up with. If you are a company that prides themselves on being the best & offering the best, then be about it, not just towards customers, but to employees as well. However, as I research further & read more & hear more complaints, even from my own friends, who I beg not to shop at Sears, face it, YOU GUYS ARE DONE! Walmart and Target are stepping up, JC Penny, Macy's, Nordstorm, & other department stores pretty much stole your "loyal customers", and as far as appliances & electronics goes, Best Buy, Lowes, Fry's Electronics, PC Richards, Home Depot, & even "mom & pop shops" are kicking your ass! So again, to any current Sears employees, start job hunting now. Even if they manage to survive the 3rd & 4th quarter sales of 2011 & the first part of 2012, don't make a career here, especially if you work @ the Sears Holding in Round Rock, Texas. I know its hard getting something promising out there, but take it from me. I found a sweet job & a promising career with great chance of promotion immediately after I left this God awful place. And if any of the "powers that be" in the Round Rock office or at Hoffman Estates are reading this & getting offended, GOOD! Because you lost an employee & a customer for life. Besides, who wants to stay at a company with the highest turnover rate in the central Texas area, where no one is guaranteed time off because of so called "business needs", even if it is a emergency and your managers are more useless than healthcare for a prostitute. So, no sweet talk, no bs & no threats about rehiring or coming back, or telling me to stop posting. This isn't the only job in the world & your blind arrogance will be your downfall. So, why the hell would anyone wanna work here? I paraphrase the late Rodney Dangerfield when I say, "I'd rather make $14 dollars the hard way".

P.S. you don't believe me about Sears being finished, check out this link:

and if you still have doubts, I challenge YOU to research further.

Sears...2012...may you Rot In Pieces...
 28th of Aug, 2013 by   piratetrsr 0 Votes
Just wanted to point out that its 2013.
Guess who is still around.

Yellow Page Scam ALERT!