Posted:

Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179

Attn: Advocate & Corporate
Complaint Department RE: Customer Service

To Whom It May Concern:

During these hard economic times, I found it necessary to purchase a new Dishwasher and Refrigerator. The appliances I had were over 20 years old and were not energy efficient items.

As I have done in the past, I researched the products and looked for discounts. I have owned Kenmore appliances in the past, and found the items that I wanted to purchase were top rated products recommended by www.consumerreport.com.

After my research, I decided to purchase appliances at Sears. On August 13, 2008, I purchased two items totaling $2, 439.57. Quite a substantial amount.

The Salesman, Eddie Barajas, did a wonderful job, as I had to call him a few times with measurement questions, and he was extremely helpful. After I purchased the items, I left the store feeling that I would definitely purchase other items from him in the future.

After discussion of delivery, I was told that I would be contacted within 72 hours with the date and times for delivery. I was concerned about having the deliveries too close, as I have a small kitchen, and did not want to have many delivery people in my home at once. Also, I have a large dog, and during hot weather, do not want him outside too long. I asked for delivery on a Wednesday or Thursday. My salesman told me that I could discuss this with the delivery department and would not have any problems, as the items were available at the local warehouse.

-2-

Within the 72 hour period, I was contacted by a company named Service Bench, to schedule the dishwasher installation, which was agreed upon. I was not contacted for the refrigerator delivery during that 72 hour period.

On Monday, August 18, I called Sears delivery at 800-732-7747, and I was told that the “Freezer” that I purchased was delivered on August 15, 2008. I told the person that I had purchased a Dishwasher and Refrigerator, not a Freezer and she advised me that the purchase was not in the computer. That evening I arrived home to have two messages from Sears delivery. One message scheduled the Refrigerator delivery for August 20, 2008, between 2 P.M. and 4 P.M., the Dishwasher was scheduled for August 20, 2008, between 3 P.M. and 5 P.M. I immediately called the automated system to verify, then talked to a person, and was advised to call after 6 P.M. for times.

I was a concerned that the deliveries would overlap and called the 1-800 number after 6 P.M., only to reach a recording. Finally, I reached a person who said to call after 9 P.M. and scheduling would be modified. Again, after 9 P.M., I called repeatedly, only to reach a recorded message. By this time I stopped calling. I only hoped that the day of delivery I would have adequate time to prepare for the two deliveries.

On Wednesday, August 20, 2008, around 11:30 A.M., I was contacted by the delivery men, asking permission to delivery the refrigerator early, as they were in the area. I was doing a project and told him that I needed time to empty out the old refrigerator, freezer, and clean the floor, cabinets and walls. I scrambled to get the items out of the freezer, when I discovered they were at my door. I had to get my dog out into the back yard and get two coolers from my garage for food storage.

The men seemed to be in a hurry, since they were ahead of schedule, and had the new refrigerator at my front door before I was ready for them. I was trying to work as fast as I could to empty and clean, and unfortunately left some items on one of the doors of the old refrigerator.

-3-

I pulled out the old refrigerator to clean, and they were standing there watching, not even an offer to help. I vacuumed and barely had time to mop the floor, while they were ushering me out of the way to move away the old appliance. I told them to be careful of the slate floor, as it will scratch. They were tilting it and I said “watch out”, then I knew the slate was scratched.

Meanwhile, I was unaware that I had left items in the refrigerator, and the men did not check or ask me to double check. I feel as though I was so rushed, I did not have the appropriate time to prepare. This was my main concern at the time of purchase, and it was happening.

As the Sears truck was leaving, another truck was backing up into my driveway, with the dishwasher. The time was approximately 1:30 P.M.

ANOTHER EARLY DELIVERY!

As the new dishwasher was being brought into my home, the old dishwasher was being disconnected and a tool chest was placed in the kitchen, therefore, I had no place to stand and put items in the refrigerator. I told the man that I wanted to clean under the area, and he said that would be no problem. He picked up some glass, screws and larger items himself, and then I was able to vacuum the dirt and cobwebs.

While I was in the kitchen, putting food items into the freezer before they melted, I realized some items were missing. I went through my coolers and could not find my RX and other items. I immediately called Sears delivery department and was told that the delivery truck was still out, and that I would receive a call from them within the hour. By this time, it was around 2:30 P.M., as the dishwasher people were still here.

During the call, I told Sears that I had neglected to get two prescriptions that needed refrigerated, and I needed the Pharmacy name and RX numbers so I could replace them, as they were expensive.

-4-

By 6 P.M., I had still not received a call, again calling customer service, only to listen to a recording. By now I had discovered just how many items were still on the door of the old refrigerator.

The following morning, August 21, 2008, I started calling customer service at around 10 A.M., and by 3:30 P.M., I had talked to 13 people! Two out of the 13 that I talked to offered me a $50.00 gift card and I was told to call the Sears Corporate Advocate and Customer Complaint Department at 800-795-5030 for food compensation. I then decided to wait until my next day off, as this was beginning to frustrate me.

Thursday morning, August 27, 2008, I had the unfortunate opportunity to talk to a woman who said her name was Tina, #563536. She is supposed to be the Advocate for the Complaint department. She was rude, unprofessional, continued to interrupt me as I spoke and down right awful and unhelpful!

I explained to her the situation, as it happened, about the prescriptions and food items; and that someone, during all the conversations with Customer Service, had told me that I would be reimbursed for the food items. She consistently badgered me about who, and how and did I get the misinformation about reimbursement for food items, as this is not policy, and what telephone numbers I had called .

I tried to tell her the names and ID numbers of the people I had talked to and she continued to tell me that she was going to hang up on me. Then I tried to describe the food items to her and she, again, stated that she was going to hang up on me.

I have been in Customer Service for over 35 years, and in all these years, I have learned how to listen and make sure the customer is finished venting before speaking. Had I been that rude, I would surely be out of a job!

-5-

The people I talked to from Sears on August 21, 2008, were:

Jack #24201 Unit Supervisor
Randy, Amanda, Clarisa #24201, Lei, John, Jack
Tenesya ##82013, Yuvan #1047
John #1112, Donnecia #79803 (very helpful)
Tina #563536 was the person I talked to on August 27, 2008.
Unfortunately, for me, I did not get every ID number.

Last Thursday, August 21, 2008 I called home delivery, at 1-800-732-7747, and was told that the old appliances were at a warehouse and was given 702-259-4200 to check if the appliances were still there. By now, frantic about the RX, I knew they had begun to spoil and I needed the information.

The girl I talked to informed me that the refrigerator was at Jaco
702-478-8015. Again, I was informed that the GE refrigerator was not there or may have already been shipped.

Now, I feel as though I am entitled to some sort of financial reimbursement. As for all the items that were left to spoil, for the prescriptions that I tried and tried and failed to acquire and mostly for all the unnecessary stress. My husband has been out of work most of the past two years, due to surgeries, and I do not have the $100.00 or more to replace the following food items:

Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Chinese Mustard, Pine nuts, Two prescriptions @ $25.00 each, 5 bottles of Salad Dressing, Soy Sauce, Artichoke Cream Cheese Dip, 1 Box of Arm and Hammer Kitchen Baking Soda, Lemon Juice, One bottle of Marinara Sauce, Clam Juice, Clamato Juice, Coffee, Olives, Sweet & Sour Marinade, Vermouth, Teriyaki Sauce, and Two bottles of Salad Spritzers. Many of these items are not used on a daily basis, therefore it will be quite expensive to replace them.

-6-

I do not believe that I am being unreasonable in asking for compensation or a gift card to Vons, Albertsons, Smiths, all Nevada grocery stores, as I did what was required, in writing, by me for this delivery. I did not read anywhere that It was all my responsibility to have everything out of my refrigerator, although, had I had the appropriate amount of time or consideration I would not be writing this letter of complaint. I did everything in my power to talk to the various representatives from Sears for a solution, only to be passed on to another and another and another and another, finally to Tina to be told, basically, that I “was getting nothing!”

I am not asking for compensation for the scratches on the slate floor, as I know I can buff them out. I am asking for monetary help.

Unfortunately, you have lost a loyal Sears Customer of over 35 years, and I will notify all family members and friends of this unfortunate Customer Service Nightmare.

Respectfully,

Nevada Attorney General
Clark County Better Business Bureau
Clark County Consumer Affairs
www.consumeraffairs, .com www.complaintsboardcom

Complaint comments Comments (701) Complaint country United States Complaint category Airlines

Comments

1st of Sep, 2006 by    0 Votes

Sears Kemore Washer - I got a lemon!

I bought a sears kemore washer on 10-7-04. I have had three repairmen out here and i had to call again and he is coming Monday. I have asked for a new washer and i don't get any response. I got a lemon! I will never buy another thing from Sears, and i will never buy another kenmore washer.

Sincerely,
Betty from illinois
 18th of Mar, 2007 by    0 Votes

Sears Home Repair - Refused to repair double oven

I was not very happy when my new, Kenmore Elite double oven was not working. I called Sears Repair service who scheduled an appointment within a week. When they came out, they said that the reason my top oven wasn't working was a faulty board that they had to order. Two weeks later when the board arrived, another appointment was made. The second (different) service guy came and said that it was not the problem but a thermocouple was the issue. He then ordered that part. Two weeks later, the next service guy called to tell me that I must hire an electrician to remove the power cord so that he could pull the oven out far enough to install the part. I had thought that if a repair was to be made, the service guy (within reason) was supposed to make those arrangements. The service guy then refused to do the repair until I hired an electrician. He said that this wasn't his job to do that kind of work. I ended up going to the main store in my area where I purchased the unit and talking with the manager. He ended up giving me a new oven! I was very happy with that, but after spending over $2000, I shouldn't have had all those issues with the service people.
 3rd of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
How old is this machine and how long was the warranty?
 14th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

Sears / Lgh - Sears bad in store service and delivery

I read the complaint from the gentleman who bought several appliances from sears. I was warned by friends and family that sears really was bad at getting the order right the delivery right etc. I have been living overseas with my husband who is serving the USNavy in Spain and I bought a new home and wanted to get things together before my family arrived back in the states. My experience with sears was horrible, they where rude in the store, delivered the wrong merchandise twice and on the third try delivered damaged merchandise.

I have yet to be compensated for the total lack of customer service and no one and I mean no one says they are sorry for the mess sears has made. I have tried calling and get the run around constantly. I have tried getting the phone # for Edward Lampert the #61 on the US's richest men but he apparently with his entire board and upper mangers don't talk on the phone (this information I received from Shirley at Corporate HG. She told me they have done all the talking on the phone for the day they where going to do.

All I want is for someone to acknowledge the problem, resolve it and tell me that they will compensate me for all my time and inconvenience. Apparently Sears Upper Mangers, and Boards think the rest of us in the US don't work or our time is less valuable then theirs, because I know they surely wouldn't tolerate the kind of customer service I have received from Sears

I will not be purchasing anymore items for my home from Sears and I recommend to all other to do the same. Boycott SEARS until they start having more respect for the loyal customers and begin to make management more accountable for those errors.

Sears Board members and Mr. Lampert, perhaps you better start taking these issues and problems more seriously. My recent visit to sears indicated you have very little business to begin with, you really can't afford to lose more customers, Or maybe you don't give a darn, Sears goes belly up the only people who suffer are you employees, that I am sure are underpaid and overworked. Management might think about spending more time working with customers and employees alike so they actually know where the problems are in the store.
 28th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

Sears / Amana Refrigerator - Horrible service

After spending a lot of money ( $1,000) on a new refrigerator only 3 years ago, it has gone out. I called when it quit cooling, Friday, June 22nd, to schedule service with Sears (where I purchased an extended warranty) and they could not service it for and entire week. The first available (June 29th) Needless to say, I have lost all of my food and have been living out of a cooler for a week! I cannot believe that a company as large as Sears does not have anybody to service a refrigerator for 7 days! I had 2 other qualified refrigeration companies that could have serviced my fridge on Monday but they could not touch the thing because my warranty is with Sears! I will no longer purchase any warranty through Sears. It will be through the company of the actual appliance!
 10th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

sears.com - Poor service!

For the second time, attempting to place orders from the Sears.com website, I've waited up to 4 days to find out that the product is not available. All the while, the sears website says that the product is available and ready to be delivered. The website gives you the opportunity to check for availability for a specific zipcode, it does the check, and tells me that the product is available. I emailed the sears.com website administrator, and was told that they have no way of checking specific stores. Why then have the function available, all the while constantly creating confusion and frustration for would-be customers? It's extremely deceitful and makes for very bad experiences with this company. I do not recommend attempting to place orders from their website!
 14th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Sears - Poor quality product!

I bought 4 gasmatic shocks for my vehicle, we installed them ourselves, 3 were good and one leaked. I took this shock back within the warranty agreement, which is 5 years or 60,000 miles, the shock was only on the vehicle for 3 months. I was told they did not have any in stock, the manager called all the Sears stores and no one had them in stock. He said he would order one which would take about 5 to 7 days, how could we drive this car with 3 shocks. When I asked if he could upgrade to the next level up, he told me no with an attitude, he also told me I live in Brunswick, so go to Autozone and buy 4 shocks and bring ours back. I was shocked to hear a manager talk to a customer in this tone. The manager of the Westfield Mall in Strongsville Ohio, his name was Rick, he would not give me his last name.

I really thought Sears would like to satisfy there customers,, guess not. We will not shop there again.
 15th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

sears.com - Poor service!

I purchased a Stove on 08/31/2007 at Sears.com. I received all of the appropriate E-mails that assured me my Order was processed, scheduled for delivery and installation. From that point on, it has been a nightmare. My delivery was rescheduled three different times and installation was scheduled with a contractor in Oahu Hawaii. Mind you, I live in Everett Wash. Each time I received a new delivery date I replied to the installation confirmation E-mail to let installation know the date had changed just so nothing would slip through the cracks. I received no reply, so I called customer care. They said they could not answer any questions regarding installation and gave me a number to call. I called the number and it was no longer in service. I found a number on the E-mail I received from installation and they said , "Sorry, we can't help you and they gave me the customer care number. Finally, I got someone to tell me in customer care that Sears is scheduled to do the installation and everything is fine , don't worry and she issued me a 50.00 credit, which I have yet to receive. I also received an E-mail that I would receive a 25.00 gift certificate after the first delay and haven't. My stove was finally delivered, but no installation was scheduled. Really, at this point they don't need to care and they don't. They have my money. I spent hours waiting in phones ques now and talking with different representatives of Sears and no one cares. It is costing me money to try and solve this and not one person has step up to the plate. Customer care has not tried to solve my problem, they have passed the buck over and over again. At every step the buck has been passed. No one should buy on Sears.com. It is a nightmare!
 23rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Sears - Craftsman Cordless Tools - Defective products, poor service

Two years ago, I got a set of Craftsman cordless tools from Sears. Recently the battery charger became defective and I tried to buy another one.

After going to 3 different stores (including the parts and repair place) I was told that these tools were no longer supported by Sears and I could not obtain a battery charger. This means that I have a whole box of cordless tools that cannot ever be used again. These tools are only 2 years old for Pete's sake!!!! When I called the 800 number, I was told that the only thing I could do was to go to a Sears store and ask them if they could give me a discount on a new set of cordless tools. When I did this, I was totally embarrassed and humiliated by the sales manager. You would have thought that I was asking for one of his kidneys or something. I immediately left Sears and went to Home Depot where I spent over $500.00 on a set of Ryobi cordless tools. Sears has lost a customer for life.
 23rd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

Sears / Kenmore - Freezing food

Frig set at recommended settings the vegetable and meat drawers are at or below freezing (30 to 32degrees) Had multiple service calls with so called fixes and still have problem. Set frig to max and the veg compartment will only rise one or two degrees. The damper at the top of the frig clicks and clacks all the time. This part has been replaced 3 times and still have the problem. Sears has no ideas except to send a different person each time. Maybe they think they will wear us out. If you have a Kenmore Elite with french doors keep a maintenance agreement on it because you will be making a lot of service calls.
 5th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

Sears / A & E Factory Service - Extremely poor customer service

The heating element on our Maytag Neptune dryer stopped working. It has taken 3 service visits and multiple parts to have them tell me that they don't think the dryer is the problem... they say there isn't enough electricity coming out of the outlet to power the heating element. Funny, there has been enough for 2 dryers in the last 13 years! Why couldn't they figure this out of the first visit? I would have saved $160 in service calls and probably the same amount in parts...
 6th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

Sears / Ge Microwave Oven - Two and half months no repair was done

I bought this Microwave Oven along with extended Warranty last October. It is broken in August 2007. I called them immediately and they said some one will call and schedule an appointment to get it repaired but no one called. After repeated calls and escalations end of September a very nice technician showed up and said it needs some part that might needed to be ordered. it is over six weeks now and I am still calling Sears every week and no one is able to give a status. How can an American family survive 3 months without a Microwave?

Sears harassed us to buy the extended warranty on every gadget that we bought with them and said they have 90 days to do so. They did not extend the same service when needed. This will be the last of my Sears purchase. We learnt our lesson and very dissatisfied with the level of service.
 16th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

Sears / A & E Factory Service - Extremely poor customer service
Sears/A&E Factory Service

I currently have a inoperable dishwasher and an inoperable washing machine. Each time I call to schedule repair service, they give me a "first available" appointment that is always two weeks out from the date I am calling. I am told that I must be available between the hours of 8am and 5pm and that if they try to contact me and I they can't get me, my appointment will be canceled. Luckily, I work from my home, otherwise I would have missed 4 full days of work for dishwasher repairs alone. Yes, four. The first man said he knew what the problem was, ordered a part and yes, I waited two weeks for it. When that part came, he installed it and left. I used the dishwasher and it was still leaking. I call again and get the same response. First available appt. is two weeks out. That man comes, tells me he is 100% sure what the problem is. Another part ordered, two more weeks. He installs the new O-rings - guess what. More leaking. A man came again yesterday, spent two hours in my home running the dishwasher. It did not leak while he was here but he ordered another part. Still I do not have a working dishwasher.

Yesterday I had a flood in my laundry room and my washing machine is indicating there is a motor problem. I call for Maytag service and they use A & E Factory Service. Again, first available appt. is 2 weeks out.

Last week my treadmill stopped working. You guessed it - first available appt. is two weeks out. If I was working outside the home, it would be cheaper to go out and buy all new appliances than to take work days off without pay. I can't work out, wash my dishes or wash my laundry without great inconvenience. This is not customer service.
 25th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I guess I was right, Sears does not care about the satisfaction they provide for their customers.
 28th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes

Sears - Rip off!
5279 star mtn. rd.
Marshall
Arkansas
Phone: 8704483048

I ordered a burner bake for by oven on Dec. 8 th. They sent me the parts in 8 or 9 days.When I received the parts, the igniter was broke (the porcealan). So I called sears They send a call slip to pick up the part through u.p.s. in 2 days,they pick it up. Dec. 11 th.Dec 24 th. I receive the new part. It doesn't work, the electrical end is female so is my stove fitting. So I call them, They say the"ll send another call slip to pick it up. Then I'll have to wait tell they receive it. Then call to see if they've got it so they can issue me a credit, then I have to re-order the right part.On Dec.27 th. I call to see why they haven't picked up my part? I'm told if they haven't p/u by the next evening to call. The next evening I stop U.P.S in front of my house,I ask if they have a call slip from sears? They do not. I then call sears they say We'll we weren't sure what to p/u/. So I tell them again the whole story. They say they'll once again send me a call slip to p/u the wrong part.Then I have to call to see when they get it. Then I can Re-order the new/right part, after they issue a credit. Meanwhile I'm still without a stove and a huge hassle from the sears dept. on the phone. Something should be done to help me the customer that's out $ 107.87 and no part.
 26th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

Sears - quality
Washington

I scheduled an appointment for dishwasher repair under warranty. They called the day of the service and said they couldn't make it. We will try again in 10 days.
I have had to repair my sears brand ice maker numerous times after it had been replaced by sears. Yes, they did show up that time! My Kenmore dryer leaks around the lint trap and fills the shell with lint. Yes, the filter does get cleaned after every load.
I am highly disappointed with the quality of Sears products and service. Our last Sears dishwasher lasted for years without a single problem. I am done with Sears and all of there related companies.
 29th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

Sears - Poor customer service!
Connecticut

I purchased several products from Sears with a 20% off on all purchases over fifty dollars. After I ordered everything I was told that the five hundred dollar band saw I ordered was back ordered and I either had to wait an unspecified amount of time or buy one that cost more money. I relented and bought the more expensive saw. I received everything I ordered except a three hundred dollar belt sander. When I phoned Sears they told me it was coming from a different warehouse and should be to me soon. A week later I phoned again and was told it should have been at my home over two weeks ago. She told me that she would put a search in for it and I should call back on Friday. Friday I phoned to be told that the search would take 5 to 7 days. I requested a supervisor who then told me it would take 7 to 10 days and there was not a thing they would do for me. They would not send another one until they found out what happened to this one. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. No one seems to have the same facts and they really don't care about the customer one bit. A good company would send the merchandise again to satisfy the customer. It is not the customers fault they did not track their merchandise. I will never buy merchandise from Sears again and I suggest to everyone not to purchase from them they do not care about the customer and almost laugh at you when you call. With the old"Have a nice day" sarcastically after the conversation is over.
 11th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
What a nightmare! On Feb 24th 2008 my boyfriend and I purchased a new Kenmore washer and dryer. We both work M-F 9-5. The earliest delivery date they had that would work around our work schedule was in 2 weeks! We were scheduled to have them delivered and installed on March 10th between 5 and 9pm and remove our old washer and dryer.

The showed up at 5:30 with the new washer and dryer. One of the guys came into the apartment with me so I could show him where it needs to go (upstairs in the laundry closet within our bedroom). He walked right in with his boots on which he had worn in the alley in the rain. Great. Now I have little rocks and who knows what else from the alley all over my laminate floors!

He then told me that he needed more room in the bedroom to install everything. We had cleared out all that we could the day before and measured to ensure there would be enough space. All that remained in the room was our bed and our wardrobe. I told him that the only way to get more space in there would be to dis-assemble our bed. He said okay, go ahead and take the bed frame apart. He said to give him a call once it was cleared and then he'd come back to install the new appliances and remove the old ones that night.

The specified delivery time was 5-9 pm. They left at 6:00, leaving our new washer and dryer in the middle of our kitchen. I took apart the bed, flipped the mattress against the wall and moved the wardrobe completely out of the way. I called him back at 7:00 (as instructed). When I got a hold of him he told me that he is going home. I'd have to re-schedule another delivery time through the store.

We were outraged! We were promised that he would come back and install everything that night. Now all of a sudden he's going home half way through his shift and we're left with no bed to sleep in and a washer & dryer in the middle of our kitchen!

We called every possible Sears number we could find. The only person who answered the phone was some lady who told us that there's no way we were getting anything installed that night and we'd have to wait until Saturday (it was Monday) for someone to come out. The mattress was at the very back of all the bed frame pieces and the wardrobe. There was no way we could even lay it on the floor.

After spending the night sleeping on our now dirty laminate floors, I made quite a few phone calls the next day. I finally talked to somebody who apologized for what happened and they said the best they could do is have the same guys come out to install everything in 2 days. That means 2 more nights of sleeping on the floor.

What we still cannot understand is how after waiting 2 weeks for a delivery time, this guy can be going home half way through his shift one night, and then be 'completely booked' for the next few nights.
Apparently Sears contracts out their delivery service and this service doesn't do overtime. Shows how much they care about their customers. I've had Ikea deliver at 10:30pm to keep their promise of a delivery time and keep their customers happy.

I called the store manager and he apologized for us being lied to by the delivery guy and having to sleep on the floor for a few nights, but explained that there was nothing he could do. We had spent over $1000 on the appliances and almost $200 in delivery / installation fees ($50 delivery, $80 washer installation, $20 dryer installation, and $40 for removal of our old washer and dryer). I asked the manager for some sort of compensation for all this. He said he was willing to give us a %50 refund from the delivery fee - the $50 delivery fee that is.

So in the end they're giving us a $25 refund from a $1200 purchase, dirty floors, and a cold hard floor to sleep on for 3 nights. What a joke and what a nightmare!

I will never step foot in another Sears store.
 31st of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Sears He5t - Broke
sears
Illinois
Phone: 217-355-5555

Help! I came home last night at 11 pm. and started a load in my Sears HE5T front loading washer. Very loud grinding noise, not good, **** thing is broke! My manufactures warranty expired at 12 midnight last night! I dont want the runaround like veryone is getting. I cant wait 2 weeks for a technician to come out. Should I call and threaten with an attorney right away? Or am I screwed? Ill take any and all suggestions/phone numbers/etc. Help!
 15th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Sears - My bad experience
www.sears.com

I purchased a Kenmore refrigerator less than 4 years ago and this past weekend the condenser stopped working. I called Sears today and was told that the condenser is not under warranty and it will cost $260 for the part and $65/hour for labour. I only paid $399 for the unit and feel that it should have lasted a whole lot longer than it did. This goes to show how cheaply items are made now as you use to have a fridge for about 10 years before you even thought about replacing. The worst part of this whole thing is that I know I was not talking to a person in the US and that made it even more frustrating.

Sears Logo Sears