logo

Signet Financial Group
Auto Warranty
3. (44 mins ago)
vacation rental partners
vacation rental partners marketing reviews scam
4. (49 mins ago)
dangerouslyeasyesl.com
The owner started to steal from me
5. (52 mins ago)
VBUZZER.COM
Charges

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears, Hoffman Estates, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Customer Service Department

Sears Contacts & Informations

Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179

Attn: Advocate & Corporate
Complaint Department RE: Customer Service

To Whom It May Concern:

During these hard economic times, I found it necessary to purchase a new Dishwasher and Refrigerator. The appliances I had were over 20 years old and were not energy efficient items.

As I have done in the past, I researched the products and looked for discounts. I have owned Kenmore appliances in the past, and found the items that I wanted to purchase were top rated products recommended by www.consumerreport.com.

After my research, I decided to purchase appliances at Sears. On August 13, 2008, I purchased two items totaling $2, 439.57. Quite a substantial amount.

The Salesman, Eddie Barajas, did a wonderful job, as I had to call him a few times with measurement questions, and he was extremely helpful. After I purchased the items, I left the store feeling that I would definitely purchase other items from him in the future.

After discussion of delivery, I was told that I would be contacted within 72 hours with the date and times for delivery. I was concerned about having the deliveries too close, as I have a small kitchen, and did not want to have many delivery people in my home at once. Also, I have a large dog, and during hot weather, do not want him outside too long. I asked for delivery on a Wednesday or Thursday. My salesman told me that I could discuss this with the delivery department and would not have any problems, as the items were available at the local warehouse.

-2-

Within the 72 hour period, I was contacted by a company named Service Bench, to schedule the dishwasher installation, which was agreed upon. I was not contacted for the refrigerator delivery during that 72 hour period.

On Monday, August 18, I called Sears delivery at 800-732-7747, and I was told that the “Freezer” that I purchased was delivered on August 15, 2008. I told the person that I had purchased a Dishwasher and Refrigerator, not a Freezer and she advised me that the purchase was not in the computer. That evening I arrived home to have two messages from Sears delivery. One message scheduled the Refrigerator delivery for August 20, 2008, between 2 P.M. and 4 P.M., the Dishwasher was scheduled for August 20, 2008, between 3 P.M. and 5 P.M. I immediately called the automated system to verify, then talked to a person, and was advised to call after 6 P.M. for times.

I was a concerned that the deliveries would overlap and called the 1-800 number after 6 P.M., only to reach a recording. Finally, I reached a person who said to call after 9 P.M. and scheduling would be modified. Again, after 9 P.M., I called repeatedly, only to reach a recorded message. By this time I stopped calling. I only hoped that the day of delivery I would have adequate time to prepare for the two deliveries.

On Wednesday, August 20, 2008, around 11:30 A.M., I was contacted by the delivery men, asking permission to delivery the refrigerator early, as they were in the area. I was doing a project and told him that I needed time to empty out the old refrigerator, freezer, and clean the floor, cabinets and walls. I scrambled to get the items out of the freezer, when I discovered they were at my door. I had to get my dog out into the back yard and get two coolers from my garage for food storage.

The men seemed to be in a hurry, since they were ahead of schedule, and had the new refrigerator at my front door before I was ready for them. I was trying to work as fast as I could to empty and clean, and unfortunately left some items on one of the doors of the old refrigerator.

-3-

I pulled out the old refrigerator to clean, and they were standing there watching, not even an offer to help. I vacuumed and barely had time to mop the floor, while they were ushering me out of the way to move away the old appliance. I told them to be careful of the slate floor, as it will scratch. They were tilting it and I said “watch out”, then I knew the slate was scratched.

Meanwhile, I was unaware that I had left items in the refrigerator, and the men did not check or ask me to double check. I feel as though I was so rushed, I did not have the appropriate time to prepare. This was my main concern at the time of purchase, and it was happening.

As the Sears truck was leaving, another truck was backing up into my driveway, with the dishwasher. The time was approximately 1:30 P.M.

ANOTHER EARLY DELIVERY!

As the new dishwasher was being brought into my home, the old dishwasher was being disconnected and a tool chest was placed in the kitchen, therefore, I had no place to stand and put items in the refrigerator. I told the man that I wanted to clean under the area, and he said that would be no problem. He picked up some glass, screws and larger items himself, and then I was able to vacuum the dirt and cobwebs.

While I was in the kitchen, putting food items into the freezer before they melted, I realized some items were missing. I went through my coolers and could not find my RX and other items. I immediately called Sears delivery department and was told that the delivery truck was still out, and that I would receive a call from them within the hour. By this time, it was around 2:30 P.M., as the dishwasher people were still here.

During the call, I told Sears that I had neglected to get two prescriptions that needed refrigerated, and I needed the Pharmacy name and RX numbers so I could replace them, as they were expensive.

-4-

By 6 P.M., I had still not received a call, again calling customer service, only to listen to a recording. By now I had discovered just how many items were still on the door of the old refrigerator.

The following morning, August 21, 2008, I started calling customer service at around 10 A.M., and by 3:30 P.M., I had talked to 13 people! Two out of the 13 that I talked to offered me a $50.00 gift card and I was told to call the Sears Corporate Advocate and Customer Complaint Department at 800-795-5030 for food compensation. I then decided to wait until my next day off, as this was beginning to frustrate me.

Thursday morning, August 27, 2008, I had the unfortunate opportunity to talk to a woman who said her name was Tina, #563536. She is supposed to be the Advocate for the Complaint department. She was rude, unprofessional, continued to interrupt me as I spoke and down right awful and unhelpful!

I explained to her the situation, as it happened, about the prescriptions and food items; and that someone, during all the conversations with Customer Service, had told me that I would be reimbursed for the food items. She consistently badgered me about who, and how and did I get the misinformation about reimbursement for food items, as this is not policy, and what telephone numbers I had called .

I tried to tell her the names and ID numbers of the people I had talked to and she continued to tell me that she was going to hang up on me. Then I tried to describe the food items to her and she, again, stated that she was going to hang up on me.

I have been in Customer Service for over 35 years, and in all these years, I have learned how to listen and make sure the customer is finished venting before speaking. Had I been that rude, I would surely be out of a job!

-5-

The people I talked to from Sears on August 21, 2008, were:

Jack #24201 Unit Supervisor
Randy, Amanda, Clarisa #24201, Lei, John, Jack
Tenesya ##82013, Yuvan #1047
John #1112, Donnecia #79803 (very helpful)
Tina #563536 was the person I talked to on August 27, 2008.
Unfortunately, for me, I did not get every ID number.

Last Thursday, August 21, 2008 I called home delivery, at 1-800-732-7747, and was told that the old appliances were at a warehouse and was given 702-259-4200 to check if the appliances were still there. By now, frantic about the RX, I knew they had begun to spoil and I needed the information.

The girl I talked to informed me that the refrigerator was at Jaco
702-478-8015. Again, I was informed that the GE refrigerator was not there or may have already been shipped.

Now, I feel as though I am entitled to some sort of financial reimbursement. As for all the items that were left to spoil, for the prescriptions that I tried and tried and failed to acquire and mostly for all the unnecessary stress. My husband has been out of work most of the past two years, due to surgeries, and I do not have the $100.00 or more to replace the following food items:

Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, Chinese Mustard, Pine nuts, Two prescriptions @ $25.00 each, 5 bottles of Salad Dressing, Soy Sauce, Artichoke Cream Cheese Dip, 1 Box of Arm and Hammer Kitchen Baking Soda, Lemon Juice, One bottle of Marinara Sauce, Clam Juice, Clamato Juice, Coffee, Olives, Sweet & Sour Marinade, Vermouth, Teriyaki Sauce, and Two bottles of Salad Spritzers. Many of these items are not used on a daily basis, therefore it will be quite expensive to replace them.

-6-

I do not believe that I am being unreasonable in asking for compensation or a gift card to Vons, Albertsons, Smiths, all Nevada grocery stores, as I did what was required, in writing, by me for this delivery. I did not read anywhere that It was all my responsibility to have everything out of my refrigerator, although, had I had the appropriate amount of time or consideration I would not be writing this letter of complaint. I did everything in my power to talk to the various representatives from Sears for a solution, only to be passed on to another and another and another and another, finally to Tina to be told, basically, that I “was getting nothing!”

I am not asking for compensation for the scratches on the slate floor, as I know I can buff them out. I am asking for monetary help.

Unfortunately, you have lost a loyal Sears Customer of over 35 years, and I will notify all family members and friends of this unfortunate Customer Service Nightmare.

Respectfully,

Clark County Better Business Bureau
Clark County Consumer Affairs
www.consumeraffairs, .com www.complaintsboardcom
Comments United States Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Aug, 2008 by   Wally Williams 0 Votes

florida - Sears

had a bad shopping experience. rude employee
 26th of Dec, 2008 by   anton -1 Votes
sears bloomingdale il. statford i got there @ 12;00 for great 6 a.m. 6 hr. sale they would not extend sale for 10 minutes, thats a good way to do bussiness in these bad retail times !!! good luck when you guys file B.k!!!
 24th of Mar, 2009 by   Mary Morris 0 Votes
Trying to pay my account, the Bionic voice did NOT recognize my acct.no. or me as the Primary Cardholder!!! Submitting my husbands data did NOT work either!!! Trying to talk to a PERSON did not work eeither!!! Allison to whom I spoke tsf. me to the Bionic voice when I asked TWICE to speak to a person!!
I worked at Sears for 18 years & I am not recognized??? Something is very wrong when a customer cannot speak to a HUMAN!
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   Renee 0 Votes
I bought a chest freezer for my family to assist in saving us money over time by not eating out in April. It is now the 1st of June and the freezer is not freezing the food. I called to get someone out and was told that I would not be able to see anyone for two weeks (17th). I sure hope they plan on paying for my lost food here. I have no room in the other freezer and some of it is already going bad. A brand new appliance shouldn't fail in less than 2 months...this sucks...no more sears appliances for me and YES it is a Kenmore!!!
 4th of Jun, 2009 by   tdtomlins 0 Votes
Sears routing Department

Been trying to get service for my air-conditioner for it failed and I have a warrenty work. The OVERSEAS guys (very nice) schedule it all wrong and below are some US numbers.

They will not necessarly tell you but you can Setup an appt and ASK for the ROUTING DEPT.

1.888.507.9312 (us Service department)
1.800.827.6655 (US Warranty Dept)

Note: I have been on hold with the routing dept for over 1 hour and not sure what to say. I will update with anything I can give you.
 6th of Jun, 2009 by   Jeff -1 Votes
Let me see if I understand? The customer here leaves her food in the refrigerator and that is somehow Sears fault? Common sense says that when you are exchanging or replacing an item you have to ensure it is empty.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   Robin 0 Votes
If they were early to deliver I understand being rushed and forgetting things in the door.
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   rain_drops 0 Votes
Some idiot was being sarcastic and rude to me...I want to hit him in the store; a store shouldn't make me want to break the law.Wayne from Ottawa Sears Rideau centre is a jerk!You can't miss him he's a fat, old guy with huge glasses and a 80's style shirt.I'm not into putting people down.But he made me angry!
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   k moore 0 Votes
I just had a really wonderful day with Sears. The repair man, who tapped on the door, would not repair a part on my lawn tractor he said I broke. First, I do not believe anything laying in my yard should be able to break the mandrel. The thing looks like it was sliced. I'm sure I would have heard something like that. He said the $300 + dollar warranty a repairman sold me about 6 weeks earlier did not cover it. I don't think I broke it but even if I did, you charge me for a warranty and state "it covers everything including the belts". Then I talked to three people and sent an e mail to the complaint department. After I wrote my complaint, I got an automated e mail giving me two numbers for service and if I needed further assistance reply to the e mail. WTH do you think this is?
 8th of Aug, 2009 by   searsmonkey 0 Votes
Contacted Sears Repair Center again for He4 dryer failure. Apparently, the circuit boards that control the interface or buttons to the dryer failed again. This is the 3rd failure in less than three years.
Requested technician appear with replacement board (signs and symptoms of failure confirmed with Sears Repair Operator and each time it fails the same way). I was assured that the tech would arrive with a part.

He did not arrive with the part. Said the operator simply reported that operator just reported "dryer doesn't work." Technician confirmed my understanding of the failure mode for the dryer and the need for the circuit board to be replaced again. Technician told me he would order the part for arrival in a week. Sears would have to be contacted to schedule service tech to install the board.

You have to wait at home, take two days off of work, waiting for a technician to call you. If they call you and you don't answer because you happened to be in the shower the night before, you will have to reschedule the process and wait another week.

Why Sears doesn't carry parts in their vans for very high frequency repair problem with their dryers is beyond my understanding. They way they handle their repair process doubles the true cost of repair, and ultimately the cost of our repair service protection plans. It also costs self-employed owners time and money awaiting multiple techs to arrive to repair the dryer. And, you are forced to go three weeks without a dryer.

I really cannot recommend or consider Sears as a store or company to do business with--save purchase of disposable products. Those products can be ordered over the internet with other vendors for less money.

We used to have a very good opinion of Sears--not now.

I think the joke about 1, 000 monkeys and 1, 000 typewriters leading to a randomly generated readable and useful document applies to Sears. They must have hired the monkeys without their typewriters to run the company, and the monkeys are hoping that at some point they will randomly produce a good service and customer support process. So far, no success.
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   optimisticlady 0 Votes
I have had better success by contacting my local store manager anytime I have a problem with Sears. The manager does not want people going around "dissing" Sears and particularly their store. Why not give them a try? It has been proved in studies that an unhappy customer will tell ten people while a satisfied customer will only tell one or two. What would you do? This applies to other retail establishments also.
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   ed lerner 0 Votes
ive been buying craftman tools for approx. 30 years i just bought a set of wrenchs and noticed they are no longer made in the USA how sad is that i wouldnt mind paying a little extra for some american pride thats what you guys prided yourselfs on what happened does this country belong to us or did we competely sellout is snap-on, mac tools the only ones left that are american made or what im so disappointed in your company others for saving a few dollars and help create this resession so we can help boost other countries economies
 12th of Dec, 2009 by   G w. 0 Votes
I tried to order on two different occasions in late 2009. I could have driven to the store and back plus taken a tour of the Grand Canyon. I type in customer service and the program they have comes back with no match. If they pay the VP of IT o IS over $ 8 an hour they are getting rifted s off. I only reason I shop at Sears is for their deep discounts. Then I spent a half hour with the customer service to order a $ 16 item and have it shipped for Christmass. I cannot believe that a company of this size has problems with online ordering, but then again a company buying Kmart need to get rid of management.
 19th of Dec, 2009 by   Gary Haddock 0 Votes
I purchased a 50in. Plasma TV on 12/16/09 at Sears in Mattoon Illinois. I received one as a Christmas present on 12/17/09. On 12/18/09, 48hrs.later, I returned the one I purchased to the store with all the original packing. The TV had been opened but never used and packaged back the way it was when I bought it. I was charged $120.00 restocking fee, and was paid back my refund of $700 of the $820 that I paid for the TV 48 hrs. ago. This TV had been opened, but was not hooked up because I was waiting on the cable company. It was returned with all of the original packing just as I had bought it. I paid with cash and a check, which was debited out of my account at the time of the purchase and handed back to me. The apparent Manager on duty told me I would receive a refund check in 7 to 10 days in the mail. After letting him know that I should be paid back in cash, he paid me back $700 in $10 bills. When I questioned then ten dollar bills, his comment was “Well your just going to put in the bank anyway.” Well it certainly wouldn’t fit in my wallet. I am 50 years old, and have shopped at Sears all my life. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of appliances, mowers, clothes and tools. Here is why I will never shop at Sears again, a $120 restocking fee for returning something I purchased 48hrs. earlier, and being paid back $700 in $10 bills because the Manager was mad that I wanted my money back when I gave the TV back. Would you ever let me buy a $800 TV with the understanding that you would receive a check in the mail in 7 to 10 days? Wal Mart does not keep 15% of your money when you return an item, electronic or not. So here’s how this works. My Grandfather had a Sears riding lawn mower, so when my dad grew up he bought a Sears riding lawn mower. Guess what kind of lawn mower I have? Now, since I will never buy from Sears again. Where do you think my son is going to buy his lawn mower? Here is the other thing to consider. I am going to tell everyone that will listen, friends, family, co-workers about this unbelievable story of how I was treated on this deal at Sears. This might not sound like it will put a dent in Sears business, but the Sears in our town only has a population of about 30, 000 people. I do not want this to sound like any kind of threat, but if I can get 30 or 40 of my friends and family and their friends and family to quit shopping at Sears for this reason, then I have accomplished my goal. Now here is another ‘believe it or not.’ While I was waiting to return this item, I was convinced I was going to buy a $400 Blu Ray home theater system that was on display. Unfortunately I will shop elsewhere for this item now. The total amount you will lose on this return will be a lot more than the $120 dollars I lost by buying this at your store. If you chose to resolve any of this issue, I would be glad to listen.
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   D Jano 0 Votes
Sears Blue Crew doesn't represent the uniform. It is how the customers feels.

Purchased an Electrolux microwave. Unable to hang because inside part is stripped. I have had 3 appointments schedule for repair. I have yet to see a repair person. They have me wait all day to say they don't have tech in area now. I call the day before to confirm and I am on the schedule then some how I am not when they don't show up.

I have talked to 6 different people already and I am sure the list will grow before it is over. If I hear one more time I am sorry I will scream. I don't want to hear I am sorry I want to hear what they are going to do to correct it!

I will never buy from Sears again and everyone I know will the reason.
 21st of Feb, 2010 by   Albert, meyer -1 Votes
My name is Albert Meyer, I am a Scout and I am working on a project it;s called bookbags for foster children. I am looking for support from you and your company
i have made the news and our local paper my family and i are a fostering family and I am working on a scout project for Life and I need help
if you could please contact me at 843-771-4779 or cell 8473-557-4505 thanks
Albert Meyer Star Scout
 21st of Feb, 2010 by   Albert, meyer -1 Votes
I NEED YOUR SUPPORT FOR A PROJECT THAT I AM DOING IT IS BOOKBAGS FOR FOSTER CHILDREN
I AM TRYING TO COLLECT BOOKBAGS TO GIVE TO FOSTER CHILDREN WHO HAVE NOTHING
WHEN THEY ARE TAKEN FROM THEIR HOMES. I KNOW THAT TIMES ARE HARD FOR EVERYONE
BUT THE EMCOMICE WILL GET BETTER FOR YOU BUT THESE CHILDREN WILL BE IN THE SYSTEM
FOR A VERY LONG TIME UNTIL SOMEONE STEPS UP TO HELP I HOPE YOU WILL HELP ME TO HELP THEM.
THANKS
ALBERT MEYER
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   jon norberg 0 Votes
I phoned and made an appointment for repair to fix a Kenmore fridge. I gave 2 phone numbers in the event that a repairman needed to contact me. We took off a day from work (without pay), and nobody showed for the repair work and nobody called us. When I finally called I was told the service man called in family emergency, and Sear's is sorry he didn't bother to call us. Sears then offered to make a second appointment 2 days later. We can't really afford to lose 2 days pay...and how do we know if this guy will show up? Beside we will lose all the food in the fridge. I asked that Sears reschedule the next day, and Sears said that they didn't have the authorization to do that. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he gave the same response. So I called to cancel the service contract that I signed up for when I made the original appointment. Sears could care less about customers. How sad that Sears no longer has a reputation for customer respect! Jon
 16th of Mar, 2010 by   nlr1107 0 Votes
We purchased a 46in LCD Sharp TV in Nov 2008. It doesn't turn on half the time. The 1st tech said we needed a new mother board. It came and the 2nd tech installed. The board was defective-he reinstalled my old one, and said he ordered a new one, and they would reschedule service. I didn't hear anything for 3 weeks-keep in mind the first part came in 3 days. I called and after 3 people, transfers, telling the story, I got Gary in Electronics who told me the part wasn't ordered because they weren't sure that's what was needed and they were researching w/Sharp. He said someone would call me by 3/15. Surprise-no one did. I called 3/16-another 3 people, another rude service call, they now ordered the original part-we wait again-BEWARE OF SEARS SERVICE CONTRACTS-they aren't worth the paper they are printed on. I have all new ss Sears appliances in my kitchen and have been a loyal Sears customer for 40+ years. I am going to take the suggestion of going to the local Sears and telling them why I won't be buying Sears products again and see what happens. 2 Thumbs down for Sears Service. Once they have your $$$ they could care less.
Nancy
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   smarv 0 Votes
I purchased an extended warranty for all of my Sears appliances. They were quick to collect the monies to cover these warranties; however, they are not quick to fix issues. So far I have had two techs to my home and we are 20 days into my initial contact for them to fix my oven and it still isn't working. The first tech had to order a part (even though the initial appointment couldn't be set until a battery of questions regarding my oven and the problems were covered). I'll admit the first tech was very kind and apologetic (but that doesn't do much for me or cooking for my family). The second one shows up after UPS delivered the parts and stated the wrong part had been shipped. So 20 days later, still no oven and no fix in sight! Sears simply does not value their customers and in my humble opinion do not want my money. I had company here this weekend and was unable to cook for them since I had no oven. To top things off my husband installed a new hot water heater on Sunday and asked me to go online check prices and pick which one I wanted. I choose to go with a model from Lowes that was $80 more expensive to get away from Sears products. I Will NEVER purchase another thing from Sears!

Positive & Negative Sides of Customer Service