logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Thian boon jie design and contractor
Full of lies
2. (3 mins ago)
SapphireMembers.com
Bad experience
3. (3 mins ago)
forevermetals.com
Bad quality rings and slow delivery
4. (35 mins ago)
DO NOT purchase Pola products from Polanight.com or Happy Smiles

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears Complaints & Reviews - Sears would not hire me because of a background check

Sears Contacts & Informations

Sears

Posted:    Jack

Sears would not hire me because of a background check

Sears
sears.com
My name is Louis SMith a 46 year old white male from Hattiesburg, MS. I was offer a job in the visual department at sears and they did a background check. On the online form that I filled out stated to list any charges up to 7 years. I have not charges that are on my record for seven years.

I was called in by the HR manger and she told me that they were unable to offer me employment due to by background. She then gave me the background report and I check into it the next day. I found that they had pulled something on my record from 1999 were an ex-boyfriend, who was then a State Police filed a charge for annoying phone calls. Since 1999 I've had a judge to remove those charges from my record. I called the Court in the county of FREDERICK in Va and they told me that the charges where no longer on my record. I've tried to Contact the National HR center with sears and have not heard anything yet.

I cannot understand why background check would be for someone that works on the floor with visuals and does not deal with money.

I also cannot understand why Sears would go back more then 7 years to try to find something on someone's background. I am a hard worker and I need a job!!! How can Sears get away with something like that???
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Dec, 2008 by   AnnaLise +1 Votes
Employee theft runs rampant. Many companies run background checks to lessen the risk. This is perfectly legal.

The judge who was supposed to remove your charges did not do it properly. This is not Sears's fault. I'd suggest having an attorney look into why the charges are still showing up on your record.
 30th of Aug, 2009 by   fail +2 Votes
Not sears fault, why did you even put this crap on here?
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   Charlied72 0 Votes
I wouldn't hire you either.
 30th of May, 2012 by   hjsaa 0 Votes
people need a second chance or they will resort to crime to survive, it's better off to help people and give them a legal opportunity to work hard for money then to discriminate and deny them employment based on the fact of their past, how do you expect them to survive?
 19th of Oct, 2013 by   Jeffrey l 0 Votes
I have applied for a sears backroom and I have disability that makes me hard to get interview and when I get a interview I fail very much so tried this company

Sunscreen Labels May Give False Sense of Safety