logo

Executive Eyewear
Poor Service
4. (50 mins ago)
Edreams
Mistake done by eDreams employee cost me 700 euros and they don't want to resolve the issue
5. (54 mins ago)
United Lending Services
Fake services

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Samsung Complaints & Reviews - Unbelievably bad customer service!

SAMSUNG Contacts & Informations

Samsung

Posted:    STANN ROSE

Unbelievably bad customer service!

Samsung
I made the unfortunate mistake of buying a Samsung product and have found their customer service to be unbelievably bad! Actually, you can't get a response from them despite repeated letters to the CEO!

Initial correspondence sent twice:

March 1, 2007 SECOND REQUEST – March 7, 2007

CONFIDENTIAL – sent via Fax and US mail.

Kun - Hee Lee
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
105 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660-0511
Dear Kun - Hee Lee,

Their service is terrible!
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of May, 2007 by   Brian Judge 0 Votes
You're not alone!! Samsung UK seem to have exactly the same attitude towards their customers. I purchased a top end mp3 player from them in early March. It broke after 2 weeks. Over 2 months later I am still awaiting some action from them. They just don't seem interested in providing any more than the absolute minimum level of support!!
 2nd of Jul, 2007 by   Art Chrzanowski 0 Votes
I made mistake and bought samsung A900 cell phone. The outside screen went dead and samsung refused to repair it (TX location), so learn from my mistake. Also the battery goes bad after couple hours of usage.
 3rd of Sep, 2007 by   Pete Holmes 0 Votes
I completely agree...I bought 40" Lcd Tv which had a fault 6 weeks after buying it. They have tried twice to repair in the last 12 months but its still got the same fault. They are now saying the Tv is working within there guidelines but my response to that is that if it is working within there guidelines why on earth di they try to repair it TWICE in the first place!
 30th of Nov, 2007 by   annie hines 0 Votes
my son accidentall accepted your account, he's 11 years old
 2nd of Dec, 2007 by   sunny Liu 0 Votes
I completely agree... I bought a digital camera from Samsung and chain for SHD Zoomer Lens broken after 1 year. I get a awful service, they advise to change whole Lens. I complained to Samsung (china), their answer are same. I advise we should reject Samsung brand all world.
 11th of Dec, 2007 by   AJAY BHALLA 0 Votes
i want spare - lid of spin tub 6.5 kg semi automatic
 3rd of Feb, 2008 by   Staicu Dragos Cristian 0 Votes

The product Plasma TV PS 42C96HDX/XEH bought on 9 Th december 2007 crashed on 31 January 2008 ( that means 2 months 4 Hours / day )
The product are in warranty but unfortunately this is not the problem .
I can said that I was happy it worki 2 months !!!!!!!!!
 6th of Feb, 2008 by   Larry Thoresen 0 Votes
I agree completely. I purchased a Samsung 50" Plasma TV in mid-October 2007. After two weeks it had a black line going across the screen. After waiting two weeks for service, it was taken to the shop for service. The actual screen was defective and needed replacement. Finally got a replacement TV in LATE JANUARY, but when we plugged it in it also had a defective display panel. It is now February and I am still waiting to find out what they are going to do. The customer support is a joke. I will NEVER buy Samsung!
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by   Wesley Watson 0 Votes
Holy Crap... If I could afford it... I would pay anyone the full amount difference between products to keep them from ever buying a SAMSUNG product again.

I bought their High End French Door Refrigerator in Aug '07 from Lowes in Rohnert Park, CA... bought the extended warranty as well.

The Ice Maker went out in Decemeber... Lowes wouldn't do anything and sent me to talk with just about every ECR (Executive Customer Representative) (what a JOKE!) at SAMSUNG... It is now March... and the best they can do is REFUND my money.... You might think... fine... I'll buy a different product... BUT NO!!!!

They won't refund the TAX, Delivery Charge or Extended Warranty... AND it will take 4-6 MORE weeks for them to come pick up the Refrigerator and send me a check. AFTER all the time and people I have talked to over the last 75 days... WHY would I believe that they would do anything they claim too.

I'm now down $403.43 and still own a busted Refrigerator that I may or may not ever get returned.

Please!! I beg of you... the only way they will ever listen... is to NEVER buy their products again, and tell as many people as you can.
 25th of Mar, 2008 by   d900i probblem 0 Votes
i lost an eye in car crash so had to buy a d900i i have had it 3 months and the first day i went out with it the sceen split now took it back to phones for you and they not bothered got recipt and the phone like new been out once... i have put on every site a review and how do i post on the samsung site it poor quality phone.. i have samsung tv, video, fridge, dvd player, camera and video cam.. i always had samsung and lost faith in them.. i had d500 d600 j600 that one i still got and this d900i... is there a web site i can let samsung know and one to put up how poor phone is... i will not use samsung again as can get nothing done.. if message to wrong person can you pass it on.. thank you... stephen harrison stephen.11o@hotmail.co.uk have rang the help line no joy
 31st of Mar, 2008 by   Nick Pagoulatos 0 Votes
I signed up for cellular service with Sprint and as part of their offer for this particular promotion I was sent a Samsung flip phone.

After 2 days of using it the number panel started getting really hot to the point one day it touched my cheek and left a burn mark. I contacted Sprint and was told as I had not purchased the equipment protection I would need to send it back to the manufacturer which the phone was still under manufacturers warranty.

I contacted Samsung customer service (if that's what you want to call it) and tried to explain the problem to them, the agent I was speaking to was not even listening to what I was sayiing or asking she kept going off in other directions that had nothing to do with the reason I was callin in, finally I asked to speak with a supervisor only to be asked why I was asking to speak with a supervisor after 3 minutes of arguing with her she put me on hold saying she was going to transfer me only to be hung up on which is what I was expecting at this point.
I called back and was able to get a supervisor on the line, after expealing the problem to him he offered to send me a return label to send the phone for repair and was told it would take 10-14 bussiness days during which time I would be paying for cell service which I would not have access to, they also refused to give me a loaner or something I could use during this time.
I asked him for their location and was told they were not allowed to tell anyone what state or country they were in. At this point I just hung up and decided never to buy any Samsung product or any product from a manufacturer who has call centers out of the USA.

Other cellular companies such as AT &T, Verizon, etc when you have a problem with one of their phones they will exchange it for you without any hassle and they will get it back to the manufacturer, but not Sprint, I'm ready to cancel the service and just pay the early termination.

Both companies what a major rip off...
 30th of Apr, 2008 by   Laptop purchaser 0 Votes
This doesn't surprise me. Poor Samsung service is perhaps a global issue... my experience of Samsung's customer service is that it is BEYOND SHOCKING - at least in the UK.

I am currently having to take an online retailer to court because of Samsung's inability to provide a laptop that functioned despite me parting with £1200. I'm still without a lapatop although the problems began in mid 2006!

Despite returning the faulty laptop numerous times Samsung have failed to replair/replace the product nor have they even managed to coordinate this effectively. At one stage they actually returned someone else's laptop to me (same model, completely smashed up) as they had lost mine!

I'm an ex IT Manager and my recommendation and based on my personal experience I'd say that if you are thinking of purchasing something (anything) from Samsung in the future I''d suggest that you AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS.

There are lots of other companies out there offering good products and backing these up with a high level of support and service.
 22nd of May, 2008 by   John Krantz 0 Votes
Whom It May Concern,

I am writing this e-mail as I have been currently waiting on a refund for a return on a LNT-4081.

PROBLEM 1

The refund was due in part too a faulty product that had been promised a repair on more than one occasion, resulting only in headache by receiving the t.v. in same condition. The television was than promised by Samsung too have been picked up from my residence in early February to be exchanged with the same model. I waited for my television on the specified date after scheduling with my work to have the day off due too the absurd scheduling conflict with K&W only to find that K&W had supposedly tried calling my cell-phone several times and had come by my apartment building. I then called Samsung and informed them that I had not received a phone-call and that I had waited all day, I was then put on hold as Samsung called K&W to confirm the story only to return telling me that they had the incorrect address...(Lie 1: Incorrect Address? But they tried to deliver it and they called)...She also told me that they had called but I did not answer my, so..I told her that the information was false and I have my CELL PHONE RECORDS to prove it...(Lie 2: Wrong Phone Number)..She then told me she was going to contact them again to set up another time and should be expecting a call from them. Sure enough a few hours later I received a call from a manger of K&W in California to apologize to me and admit that what I was told was in fact wrong and was dreadfully sorry and informed me he would have the t.v. picked up tomorrow at my leisure. I explained that I had work at noon at the latest I was able to wait was 11 a.m. no later, the gentleman explained that was not a problem and would inform them of the EXPECTED DELIVERY! K&W later called to confirm the time and I agreed. The next day to no avail the t.v. was not picked up and this is just the beginning to my frustration.

The 2nd Problem

That same day on my break at my job I called Samsung too inform them of the problem and insisted that because of all the jerking around I was experiencing that I would like a refund. After a little arguing and some smooth pursuasion I was able to get my clearance for a refund and in that same conversation I was informed that it was going to take 4-6 weeks for my television to be picked up and my refund check was to be delivered "OVERNIGHT"!!! (FEB 18th)

Within about four weeks I called Samsung to see how things were going and was delightfully informed that they had a few more weeks to process the refund.

Within six I called to be informed that my television had about two more weeks but as a courtesy Samsung was going to refund MY MONEY in tax because of the troubles I incurred.

Within EIGHT WEEKS I called Samsung a little Irate demanding to know of the refund process only to be told it will be a little while longer and they would call me to inform me of whats going on.

No Calls

Two days no call!

I get on the phone and am told E-mails are being sent too the right people and someone is sure to get in touch with me...

Not a single call

I call back and am told the same thing!

I call five days ago and am told the television will be picked up and I should be expecting a call..

No CALL!!!

I call and request the number to the moving company..

I call the moving company and the following day they pick my television up...

Gee... Someone is doing something right...Strange

I call Samsung the same day and ask if my check will be coming the next day I am told I will receive a call within the hour... Mind you I am a little upset at this juncture and a little skeptical so I ask the woman I am speaking with to call my phone...

SHE CALLED MY PHONE WORKS

IT HAS ALWAYS WORKED

An hour and a half goes by ... No PHONE CALL

I call back and am put on hold for 13min and the call is dropped

I then call and speak with a lady who is going to call the moving company to request confirmation the television was received and then process the request for my check...

The Call DROPS

I call back and speak with someone with the last name Hussein who hangs up on me because I am a little agitated and ask to be transferred he is not happy with that...

I then call again and am told that by another lady I need to fax the information in and I then proceed to tell The lady that another woman was calling the people who had picked up my television but the call disconnected, she tells me that she does not have the power to do that because she is not able to make outbound calls...I also informed her that I do not have the means to send a fax and she alerts me that until I send it I will not receive my money and i then alert her of my lack of transportation and that how difficult it will be for me to do so...I am also told that I was already told of this procedure and that I was defiant and hung the call up... NOT TRUE... But what does that matter, right?

later around seven I receive a call from Samsung (DID YOU HEAR THAT AN OUTBOUND CALL) That as soon as I send my fax I will get my check in two days!!! Surprise!

The next I try to fax after begging my friend! The fax will not go through... I call Samsung at work and tell them of my problem the woman I spoke offers to call the moving company, she puts me on hold, she comes back and says they are sending the file via email and i shall receive my check shortly...

Sorry for the convoluted email...

I am so upset with this transaction and I have still not received my refund...

Why is this acceptable?

Why does anyone need to be treated like this?

I am your consumer.
 29th of Jul, 2008 by   J Powell 0 Votes
I, too, am having my own issues with Samsung ECR regarding a defective clothes dryer that I purchased in Feb 2008. Within 6 weeks of its delivery I began having trouble with the product and am sitting here waiting for yet another repair person to come out. Unfortunately for me, I purchased 3 new appliances at once, but I promise you I will NEVER, NEVER, purchase a Samsung appliance or anything else, electronics, phone, NOTHING again. Wish I had read this site before making my purchases.
 13th of Aug, 2008 by   Tiger. R. 0 Votes
Samsung Customer Service is TOTALLY HORRIBLE AND RUBBLISH. Their attitude towards customer are all the same over the world.

Please mail to your friends about this fact. Because in case there has any problem in your purchased product, you will suffer a serious pain for long long time.

DON'T BUY SAMSUNG PHONE, DON"T BUY SAMSUNG TV,
DON'T BUY SAMSUNG PRODUCTS!!!
FOREVER IN MIND!!!
 15th of Aug, 2008 by   tracey 0 Votes
my washing machine leaks from the bottom. engerner came out 4 times cant find the problem.
it dont say that he is a frige engerner and now they are saying its not my washer.
i`m on the phone for hours with promerses of a call back 4 hours then 6 hours.
it dont stop.
i have 2 small children i need a washing machine.
they send you in so many circles by the end you are frustrated and pissed of with the whole thing.
this is been going on for over a month.
you end up in tears.
the costmer servise is a waste of time. as there isnt any.
due to them taking so long to fix this heap of shit its now damaged my floor.

so yea samsung is a waste of time.
 1st of Oct, 2008 by   Kaz Scotland 0 Votes
I bought a Samsung J700 in June and 2 weeks later the screen broke Samsung sed they would sent a envelope to sent it back to them for them to fix. Didn't hear a thing then i went on holiday came back still nothing from Samsung So i phoned them at the beginning on august They sed they were sorry and going to sent me a brand new phone.So on the 9th September i received my new phone so once i charged it and switched it on it wasn't working sed networked locked, So surprise surprise back on the phone to Samsung same day and was told someone would contact me, they did they sed they were going to talk to their bosses. So never heard anything so contacted they 3 more times and told some1 wold call me back and now it's the 1st oct and i'm still bluddy waiting.I'm so angry i'll never buy another Samsung product ever agen. Kaz
 6th of Nov, 2008 by   bella 0 Votes
Never buy Samsung Appliances! They won't last long and their spare parts are very expensive!
 13th of Nov, 2008 by   James 0 Votes
I wish I had looked on this page before I purchased my G600. I have been waiting over 5 months for Samsung to repair a damaged phone, three times it has been sent back to their repair centres and all the have done is updated the software and to anyone with an ounce of common sense will know what the problem is, if they read the letter we attached to it.

And the 'Customer Care Team' don't even bother, what a waste of space they are. After the have already received the phone three times for the same fault and it is still not working, on 14/10/08 I spoken to the first of many Senior Customer Care Team who had agreed to replace the phone and I had to send the broken phone back and this would take upto 28 days?!?!?!?! On the 23rd day I had not even received the returns bag for the broken phone. I decided to call again, this time I spoke another Senior Customer Care thing and warned them that the had 5 days to send the returns bag, receive the broken phone and then send the replacement phone - I didn't hold much hope for them to achieve this task! I then sent the phone back and of course the didn't manage the 28 day deadline that was 2 days ago. It's amazing how the storys differ from incompetent person to incompetent person because it turns out that the replacement phone hasn't even been authorised from the Samsung (The Executive Office 0845 620 2324 if you want to try). I just can't believe that a company the size of Samsung cannot deal with the most basic problems. I have just managed to speak to the Executive Office and they assure me that I will receive the phone next week, we'll see!

It's taken over five months, three service centres, five senior bods, one executive officer, well over 30 phone calls and still waiting. My advice, don't buy SAMSUNG!!!

James
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   Sardev 0 Votes
I am writing in disgust at the service I have received from Samsung UK.

I purchased a 40" LCD TV in October 2006 at great cost (over £1200) because I believed in the quality of Samsung. Earlier this year the TV developed a fault where a dead line of pixels stretched across the entire width of the screen. I logged a support call with Samsung who then put me in contact with local TV repair company. Their engineer came out and assessed the TV and recommended the LCD panel be replaced costing over £1000 in parts and labour!! You can imagine my horror at facing a repair bill that was more than the cost of purchasing another 40” LCD TV - especially for a TV that is less than 3 years old! All my previous TV’s (Sony and Hitachi) have lasted over 10 years and are still working!

When i first got back in contact with Samsung they initially mentioned that they would either supply the LCD panel part free of charge (and I would have to pay labour costs) or you would refund me the current value of the TV taking into account age and depreciation.

After phoning them constantly for over 2 weeks I did not receive an update until today when they said they were NOT willing to offer ANY assistance. I feel cheated that they initially promised one thing and then flatly refused to do anything. There customer service was poor and loyalty to customers awful - not to mention lying.

I can now see that I am not the only one and Samsung don't care about customer service or loyalty

Sardev Singh