Unbelievably bad customer service!

I made the unfortunate mistake of buying a Samsung product and have found their customer service to be unbelievably bad! Actually, you can't get a response from them despite repeated letters to the CEO!

Initial correspondence sent twice:

March 1, 2007 SECOND REQUEST – March 7, 2007

CONFIDENTIAL – sent via Fax and US mail.

Kun - Hee Lee
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
105 Challenger Road
Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660-0511
Dear Kun - Hee Lee,

Their service is terrible!

Complaint comments Comments (518) Complaint country United States Complaint category Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful?

26th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

Samsung - Worst customer support ever!

Samsung has the worst customer support i ever had to deal with. I have everything samsung in my home. Until i purchased a new tv. The images looked as if someone took some hair grease and placed in the picture tube. I called the company to see what can i do. To start i was hold for ever before my call was picked. The first rep i spoke to she was nice not that happy because she did let me know that she was new to the company, that's ok so she transf. The call to a s/rep. Who was so nasty that she should of took off. I'm sadden to say that this company should train there reps on how customer service rep should handle all types of calls. Samsung lost a new customer.
 30th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
You're not alone!! Samsung UK seem to have exactly the same attitude towards their customers. I purchased a top end mp3 player from them in early March. It broke after 2 weeks. Over 2 months later I am still awaiting some action from them. They just don't seem interested in providing any more than the absolute minimum level of support!!
 20th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

Samsung - No service parts

I purchased a Samsung 46" LCD Flat Panel TV in January of 2006 for $4,500.00. The picture went out on May 26th, 2007 (14+ months after purchase). The service dealer said the problem was the "light driver board" and Samsung no longer makes the model and has NO PARTS available. I couldn't believe a name brand manufacturer would not maintain parts availability 14 months after sale of the equipment. Three separate calls to Samsung customer service later I found out that it is true. The response I received from Samsung was that I should have bought the extended warranty as they have no responsibility to maintain my TV as it is out of warranty.
 2nd of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
I made mistake and bought samsung A900 cell phone. The outside screen went dead and samsung refused to repair it (TX location), so learn from my mistake. Also the battery goes bad after couple hours of usage.
 25th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

I bought my refrigerator last year and have nothing but trouble with it. It's a side by side made by samsung. I have had several repair people to my home and they still can't figure it out. Model number rs2630ww. I just called them again and they kept giving me names of companies to call but the compies don't do your work anymore or they don't service my area. They tole me they sent to another lady for priority processing. Still nohthing happening. I what them to take this thing back. It's a lemon. It builds up frost and forms ice on the back panel inside the freezer dept.
 3rd of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes
Our 46" Samsung LCD TV quit working after seven months. Since it was under the one year warranty (parts and labor) we thought it would be a simple fix. For over one month, every time the service department was contacted they replied the part was about to be shipped. Now customer service says we are about to be reimbursed, but our case is pending. This has been going on for almost three months now. How long should it take for a company to either fix or replace a product we paid good money for?
 16th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Samsung - India - Bad service

Not giving the service for the product even if it is purchased before 1 month... just saying we will do... but not doing anything... very bad exp...
 22nd of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Samsung - Pathetic after sales service!

I was gifted a Samsung HT Q20 home theater system recently. The wires which connect the DVD player to the speakers/ woofer were lost in transit. Since then, calling up Samsung has become a part of my weekly (if not daily) routine and so far I have called them up at least 8 times. First, they said they will send someone to fix it. After so many days someone (supposedly their technical man) comes up and says "Oh, I see that the wires are missing." Thank you, Sir but thats something we figured out long back. He said he will come back with the wires but I guess he lost his way to my house since then. I have been calling them up on regular occasions only to hear answers like - sir, we don't have the wires/ sir we cant do anything; get it from the local market. I have visited countless Samsung shops and talked to almost all their service centers in Delhi and no one seems to have a clue as to what to do about it. Is this the kind of after sales service you can expect for a high tech product like a home theater esp from a company like Samsung? I am very much contemplating going to the consumer court. It pains me all the more because it breaks all the myths I had in my mind about the "coolness" of Samsung which led me to buy an LCD TV, a small TV and a microwave all of brand Samsung.
 3rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I completely agree...I bought 40" Lcd Tv which had a fault 6 weeks after buying it. They have tried twice to repair in the last 12 months but its still got the same fault. They are now saying the Tv is working within there guidelines but my response to that is that if it is working within there guidelines why on earth di they try to repair it TWICE in the first place!
 10th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Samsung / Clp-510 Printer - Worst service ever!

I bought this POS it worked for 20 days, three weeks later and still not fixed. Supports sucks. No one knows anything!

27th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Samsung - Poor service!

My 42" DLP projection set has been sitting at my repairman's shop for almost two months now. They have been waiting on a color wheel that is still on back order. This is the second time this set has let me down. It was just over a year old the first time and just over two this time. I have E-mailed them at least three times now (what a surprise, no response) and am about fed up. You would think by paying that kind of money on a television you would get better service than this. Samung sucks! This will be the last Samsung product that I ever buy!
 30th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
my son accidentall accepted your account, he's 11 years old
 2nd of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I completely agree... I bought a digital camera from Samsung and chain for SHD Zoomer Lens broken after 1 year. I get a awful service, they advise to change whole Lens. I complained to Samsung (china), their answer are same. I advise we should reject Samsung brand all world.
 11th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
i want spare - lid of spin tub 6.5 kg semi automatic
 3rd of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

The product Plasma TV PS 42C96HDX/XEH bought on 9 Th december 2007 crashed on 31 January 2008 ( that means 2 months 4 Hours / day )
The product are in warranty but unfortunately this is not the problem .
I can said that I was happy it worki 2 months !!!!!!!!!
 6th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree completely. I purchased a Samsung 50" Plasma TV in mid-October 2007. After two weeks it had a black line going across the screen. After waiting two weeks for service, it was taken to the shop for service. The actual screen was defective and needed replacement. Finally got a replacement TV in LATE JANUARY, but when we plugged it in it also had a defective display panel. It is now February and I am still waiting to find out what they are going to do. The customer support is a joke. I will NEVER buy Samsung!
 13th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
Samsung is the most shocking company. Fridge broken down 3 times since November 06. Ices up, loud noises coming from back. Sounds like Heathrow. Baby been sick coz food ain't cooling properly. Not cheap either, big 2 door with ice and water. I suggest no-one buys from Samsung. Trust me on this one!!
 29th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

Samsung - TV Repair, &Warrenty&
Phone: 203-240-0510

Purchased a Samsung 42 Plasma Model HP-S4273 less than 12 months ago. I understand that things sometimes go bad with electronic devices. The issue is the warranty pain and misery. I first complained to Samsung on 12-14-07 . They assured me a representative to repair the TV would come to my house to repair it. They finally arrived on 02-12-08 and took the TV due to it needed a front panel replacement. I spoke with the repair center on 02-25-08 and was told from them that Samsung says the part is not available at this time. I called Samsumg on 2-25-08 and was assured by Rich with the "Executive Customer Service Group" the part would be sent over night to the repair center , and I would have my TV this weekend . As of today 02-29-08, (17 days later the TV was taken away ) Taylor says "the part has not been shipped", and they will do nothing other than to they say, " the repair proceedure is in progress". Note to all, beware of any warrenty policey, you'll be the hostage !!!!! Sorry to say this past purchase will be the final dollar spent with Samsung !!! I plan to post this same email everywhere I can...$2200.00 for a TV that includes NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and no TV in my living room. Oh ya, the cable bill still getting paid, by me !
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Go back to school, please.
 3rd of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Holy Crap... If I could afford it... I would pay anyone the full amount difference between products to keep them from ever buying a SAMSUNG product again.

I bought their High End French Door Refrigerator in Aug '07 from Lowes in Rohnert Park, CA... bought the extended warranty as well.

The Ice Maker went out in Decemeber... Lowes wouldn't do anything and sent me to talk with just about every ECR (Executive Customer Representative) (what a JOKE!) at SAMSUNG... It is now March... and the best they can do is REFUND my money.... You might think... fine... I'll buy a different product... BUT NO!!!!

They won't refund the TAX, Delivery Charge or Extended Warranty... AND it will take 4-6 MORE weeks for them to come pick up the Refrigerator and send me a check. AFTER all the time and people I have talked to over the last 75 days... WHY would I believe that they would do anything they claim too.

I'm now down $403.43 and still own a busted Refrigerator that I may or may not ever get returned.

Please!! I beg of you... the only way they will ever listen... is to NEVER buy their products again, and tell as many people as you can.

Samsung Logo Samsung