logo

customer service

Sally Beuty Supply
Spring, Texas
Phone: 281-288-9475
Just walked out of a Sally's store number 03156 in Spring Texas. Never have I received such poor customer service. The cashier (who claimed to be the manger) made a very simple mistake as she rung up my order. When I pointed it out to her, she became very noticeably upset and argumentative. I had to ask her to pull out the calculator and count each item one by one to show her where the mistake was made. Finally she realized what she did, but I never received an apology after 25 minutes of disputing the charge. I finally requested a full refund for all my purchases. I am never going to shop at Sally’s. I am choosing Ulta or Wal-Mart for all my beauty purchases in the future.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Aug, 2008 by   Lyn 0 Votes
I just had a similar experience at Sally Beauty Supply and will be filing a complaint later today. Their cashiers seem to be very arrogant, unapolagetic when they are the ones who make mistakes, and have a difficult time correcting their errors.
 10th of Aug, 2008 by   Lyn 0 Votes
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   terrance mcdaniel 0 Votes
the service was terrible and offensive. i ask the cashier whats the
difference between two expensive clippers. she didn't know. instead she told me they were the same. even though they had two different titles. i then said one of the brands didn't work for me and i needed to buy another. she then told me i didn't know what i was doing. i told her i been cutting my own hair for 20 years, and this type didn't cut my mustache good. again she told me, "you must not know what your doing". I said why she would say that, and she said do you really have to act like that. i was so offended, i will never ever shop there again. i bought my clippers
elsewhere at a higher price, because customers should not be insulted because the cashier is having a bad day. i was shopping at SALLEYS on Mission blvd. in Hayward CA. at 11:00 o'clock p.m.
Hayward California
 25th of Nov, 2008 by   Greg 0 Votes
I agree with the complaints I read here about rude and impolite Sally's customer service employees. I purchased a replacement blade for my hair clippers, and two days later, attempted to return it (unopened with original reciept). The younger employee was about to return my money when a 'manager' appeared saying, 'oh no, sales are final on those.' I explained they were unopened and my desire to return them, and she went on to tell me stories of how others had returned used items, essentially accusing me of using the blades! She called some corporate office, and said she could not take them back. Only after I expressed interest in buying a new set of clippers, she changed her mind and gave me credit for the blades (although a few minutes ago she pretty much said I may have used them). I felt like I was forced into buying the clippers from them just to get my money credited back. Never again. They lost another customer
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   Nyla 0 Votes
I used to work at a Sallys, they had to business treating you that way either. The employees they employ get close to minimun wage, long hours and mostly no breaks, burnout is rampant! They pay employees substandard wages below the poverty line and they get what they pay for!!! Trying elsewhere is a good idea, Ulta, Beauty Brands, Walgreens etc.
Good luck.
 18th of Dec, 2008 by   Ex Employee 0 Votes
I used to work for Sally's in lansing Michigan, the Edgewood store over by target, working there was THE worst work experience of my life! The manager literally sat in the back room ALL day on her fat butt ordering people around like dogs, we'd be running around pricing, running the register and helping multiple customers, often to which I did solo! Apparently texting was more important to her than her employees or customers, I'm not kidding this place was a nightmare, she and the assistant manager whom openly talked of drugs were so unprofessional, I over heard them talking about how odd my breasts looked, after a reduction, one of them would pinch my butt as well as another co-workers, gina THE manager would openly talk about sex that she was having w/ multiple men and get really graphic w/it how many orgasams she had etc, children, elderly people, and other customers would hear this! It was just unbelievable! The manager would also bring her two lil girls in the store and let them run around like the animals they are, often coming up to me while on register begging me to let them hand the customers money, bag items etc, all while she sat in back texting this guy and that guy! Sally's doesn't care about customers at ALL, I ended up getting written up for what they called too many returns, is that MY fault? NO!!! Many of the items returned were flat irons w/ burnt cords, etc, bottom line if a person HAS their receipt and the product at least 80% of it then I HAD to refund them! Also the managers would take whatever they wanted that had been returned, used, unused it didn't matter to them, I also worked on the 4th of july, NO holiday pay!!! I worked there for @ 6 months and in that time they had gone through 5 employees NOT including me! It was also located in a high theft area and they told us to watch EVERY black person, or teenager that came in the store, many times naturally they would become offended and start an argument w/ a manager whom btw was only there mon-fri 9-5 after that I was left to fend for myself, I'm not joking this job led me to drink about every night I got out!!! It was just a horrible experience and please if you go in there watch out, they will accuse you or follow you if you are black or a teenager, if not they will chat VERY loudly about very inappropriate things, or just plain ignore you at best!!! Also wow the people that would come in after getting poor advice, I was honest I would tell them that I wasn't a stylist but that I am a mancurist and that I would do my best to help them, but that the were taking a chance, oddly enough I NEVER had one single complaint or mishap! Anyways please beware of Sally's this store in particular!!! Please don't hesitate to speak out, no one should be exposed to such unprofessional behavior!!! oh yes one more thing ALL sales are final no matter what on hair, and blades, defective, used etc. NO matter what they will NOT even exchange...
 13th of Feb, 2009 by   meme 0 Votes
OMG...I thought I was the only one...But the Sally store workers that were rude to me is in Carson, CA. I can't believe Sally Beauty Supply hires workers who are untrained and very rude.

The people in charge of the Sally franchise or whatever it is should really look into that...It's not ONE or even a couple of Sally stores that hire rude workers, but it's quite a lot to raise eyebrows. Not only that...The workers for the Sally store here in Carson makes that Sally store loose a lot of business...I came at 7:30pm and there was a couple of us there walking towards the store and the 2 workers there were already counting the money! And closed down the store!! It was the day before Valentines...I had a good look at those workers, one was a guy and the other a girl...I think they were closing early for valentines day...I can tell you this, no matter HOW MUCH time they put into trying to look good for Valentines Day, I don't think any sort of hair chemicals or make up can help alleviate their unattractiveness, therefore there was definitely no need to close down early.

Dear powers at be at Sally Beauty Supply,

If you want to make as much money as possible, especially in this economy where retailers are the ones hurting, hire people that actually care about closing at the proper time of closing, maybe you'll actually make some money from those people who are willing to buy things from your store after 7:30pm, which is when people usually get out at work...Those stupid teenagers need to get fired...Why must you keep hiring ugly people with too much color hairdos...At least hire ones that look nice in the crazy hair colors...The ones you hire here in Carson are dirty looking and the dyes they put in their hair is unsightly! It makes me NOT WANT to use the products at Sallys...
 6th of Mar, 2009 by   Non-Sally Supporter 0 Votes
I used to be a manager for one of the sally stores in PA I was over worked understaffed and grossly underpaid. I worked sometimes 14 hr day for basically below minimum wage and was told i was lucky to get that. My opinion Sally Beauty Supply is a horrible company to work for and but products in that you can get else where for less or the same price and not have to contribute to substandard work practices by a Company that does not care for it's employee's or it's customers.

btw I resigned and got a better job in the industry that pays me what I'm actually worth and treats me like a human being not a slave!
 15th of Mar, 2009 by   chapman +1 Votes

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Sally's in Summerville South Carolina:
The worst! There were 2 girls in the store working. They could not find my discount card and refused after calling the manager. One girl was completely rude, the other ran out of the store screaming and crying over me disputing the prices on the shelf. One manger and the screaming girl reappeared after I threatened to call the police when I could not find my credit card.

The manager had no words of apology. Other customers were in the store watching, in fact one customer at the beginning of the fiasco reprimanded the rude girl and told her she would speak to the manager herself. It seemed she was a beauty professional herself. Girl #2 began to scream after another customer stepped in and agreed with what I was trying to point out about the pricing.

I have been told that the prices are actually excessive. I will go to Ulta from now on even though it is 25 miles away. My husband was present and said that he has never seen people hate their job so much.

Sally needs to know who keeps them in business. Was this worth the $3 savings to them? They probably don't care.

Confirmation code
 3rd of May, 2009 by   sheeko 0 Votes
Sally's use to be one of my favorite places but entering a store in irondale, alabama has changed my mind, my husband and i had lunch on that side of town so while he was in one store i told him i would go into sally's to kill time, what a big mistake the females in the store was loud and unprofessional, they were talking about what kind of quick weave they were getting and where they were going that night, let me remind you one was in the front of the store and the other was in the back and they both were employees and i'm sure one was a manager, my biggest problem with people in general is not being professional, i don't make a lot of money but i try to remain professional because you don't know who you will run into and may offer you a better job! Sally's stores really need a makeover with the staff, all of your loyal customers may start looking into the chinese stores and they don't know anything about our products but they will give great customer service because the only thing the see is green!~
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   Rosa Najera 0 Votes
Sallys Beauty Supply in Indio, Ca.
Store Manager is a Phsycotic Bitch! And thats exaclty what I called her after she refuses to take my purchase and tells me to leave the store and refuses to give me the number to corporate!!!
It all started when she roodly told me i couldnt walk through an ile where she completely had a mess of product but was yet standing there with a client and I actually turned around and apologized after her comment saying in a loud tone of voice after walking right next to her she says " you really shouldnt be walking through here" I went up to the register ready for my purchace she was the only one out there completely ignoring me and when she finally walks up there I tell her that if she didnt want customers walking through there she needed a sign suggesting that! she says back "I do" she we argued about it and she tells me I didnt have to make my purchace there she then refused to help me and got another emplyee to do so. The other employee was ringing me up, the manager was mad at the fact i called her out on her shit and I was telling the employee wich happens to be an old class mate of mine what had happened, the manager didnt like it and told her to stop my purchase and told me to leave!!! Ands thats when I called her a you know what ands then asked for corporates # she denied it to me and told me to leave again!!! She is the worst representative of Sallys making bad business to the company and the people being discriminating, belittling customers, being high tempered, unprofessional and having no people skills... I have been in retail for ten years and had never came close to dealing with someone such like this and to allow this to happen to alot of other people will be a lose for Sallys
Beauty Supply!
 18th of Sep, 2009 by   annabell 0 Votes
To whome it may concern:

I just left Sally's beauty supply here at the city of Orange in California. The clerk and a customer were speaking in spanish. I asked the customer if she knew english and she said yes. So why then did they have to speak spanish in front of me. I thought it rude and made me feel like what do they have to talk about that I cannot hear. I think the sales clerks should speak enlish in this english speaking country unless the customer cannot speak english. It is understandable if a customer cannot speak english otherwise; It is rude. I have noticed whenever I go to Sally's in my neighborhood now; even the sales clerks and the employees are all speaking in Spanish to each other. I feel like a stranger there now, after being a customer for 18 years with Sally's. They might as well say that all english speaking customers don't belong. I am so sad to see that we still have to have these divisions. I lived in this neighborhood for many years and I will find another beauty supply where they have some respect for english speaking Americans. After all how can we overcome racism when this stuff goes on all the time. I mean what are we the tower of babel where on one is allowed to understand each other. How can we get along if some us are uneccesarily made to feel left out. I won't be back again. I have listened to this for a couple of years now I am done. I am too old to learn spanish, but they knew english and out of politeness could have made a concession for me, or anyone else standing there that did not understand spanish.
 28th of Oct, 2009 by   carmen1980 +1 Votes
I know I try my hardest not to ever by anything from Sallys like another poster said I just go to Walmart where sometimes the prices are cheaper. I had a bad experience with a Sallys in Newport news va on Warwick Blvd and Paylesss . The girl told me to not go into the hair or someone wont by it. I said okay well do you have a sample out. She said no you will just have to look at the ponytail through the box. Then I went to the sallys by
bland blvd and Kohls and looked at some braid hair. I asked her if the brown braid hair will look good on me, she said I dont know, but dont take the hair out of the package I said I wasnt taking it out of the package. i was just looking at the ends of it. This girl had this ugly contacts light ha zel and she is a deep dark brown and you can tell they are fake as hell they look hard in her eyes. My conclusion is everybody at Sallys is ignorant.
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   cillythatgirl +1 Votes
ALL SALLY BEAUTY SUPPLY EMPLOYEES ARE HUMAN BEINGS.VERY MISTREATED AND UNDERPAYED FOR THE THINGS THAT ARE ASKED OF THEM! IF THEY ARE SO RUDE, THEN WHERE ARE THE MANAGERS THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE TO COMPENSATE FOR THE INCONVINIENCE.THE ONES THAT ARE HANDELING WITH ALL THE RESPONSIBLE DUTIES OF THE WHOLE JOB IN GENERAL ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS ARE THE UNDERPAYED EMPLOYEES/CASHIERS!!! THE MANAGERS TAKE 4 HOUR BREAKS, WHEN THEY ARENT OUT ON THEIR BREAK THEY SIT THEIR FAT ASSES IN THE OFFICE CHATTING ON THE PHONE OR EATING!! ALL THESE PROBLEMS ARE AT THE ROOT OF THE COMPANY.IF THIS IS A CONCURRENT ISSUE WHY HASNT IT BEEN FIXED? BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT COMPLAIN TO THE RIGHT PERSON, NEXT TIME ASK FOR THE COSTUMER COMPLAINT PHONE NUMBER AND MAKE SURE THIS IS REPORTED-REMEMBER THOUGH THE EMPLOYEES ALL WILL COME AND GO, BUT WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THEIR TRAINING!? OBVIOUSLY FROM WHAT I HEAR ABOVE IT'S AN ISSUE BEYOND THE EMPLOYEES, THIS IS BEGINS WITH THE FACE OF THE STORE (MANAGER)-IF THEY APPROVE THE BEHAVIOR OF THE EMPLOYEE THAN NOTHING WILL GET FIXED, THEY JUST DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH IT FIRST HAND, BECAUSE THEY ARE LAZY.CALL AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE MANAGER, MAYBE SHE/HE JUST NEEDS TO BE THERE MORE OFTEN TO TAKE CARE OF THESE ISSUES, UNLESS THEY ARENT THE ONES CREATING THE ISSUES-WHICH IS VERY LIKELY!
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   sallys_employee 0 Votes
Wow, I guess my Sally's must be a good one. I work at Sally's and love it. I actually left a very good job to be with Sally's because they were offering me more hours. I'm sorry all you guys had bad experiences. I feel like a lot of times, though, people don't understand that we are not the people making the rules. We are the people who have to enforce them, so people get very angry with us for things like non-refundable clipper blades. It's the return policy and it's on the back of the receipt. Also, a lot of people come in and expect the employees to look up their card number every time they come in. The reason two cards are handed out is so you will bring it in. The card is not always found, because the only way it can be looked up is by the phone number you signed up with it with and a lot of people forget. We will look it up if people forget. You paid for it, so you should get it. But a lot of people take advantage of this opportunity, because their card is expired and they don't realize that when we call for the card number, it tells us the expiration date as well.

It's sad to hear people taking this out on all Sally's, though. Every company has it's weak links, but not everyone is responsible. It's not fair to take that out on every employee and it's sad to see myself and my coworkers do our best to put our customers first. You guys are doing the right thing by voicing this, but maybe try getting ahold of someone who will get something done.

Try to understand, there are people out there trying to scam Sally's every day. The associates get a hard edge to them because of it. I've never seen a company with so much attempted theft and various other problems. That is no excuse, but a lot of these situations seem to have gotten out of hand by negative attitudes from both parties.

Lastly, sorry you ex-employees had bad experiences too. Unfortuneatly, Sally's is a place where customers need a lot of help, so keeping up with everything is strenuos. The rewards program is very good though, if you try to sell products that are on there and that you know work very well. There are things you may not see as far, but it is a job, and jobs require work ethic. If you don't have it, then don't get a paycheck. If you want something different, try going to school and getting a degree. That helps if retails not your thing.

I love the customers I get at work. This is the only retail job I've ever had where I actually like going to work. I'm not going to be here forever, but I will be sad when I have to go! We have great cosmetologists on staff and the rest all know their stuff, so we have loyal customers we see just about every week. I hope your Sally's comes around too and you're experiences will hopefully not be so bad next time.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   shirley eason 0 Votes
I was just at the Sally's in Grand Blanc Mich, 48439 and needed to use the bath room. I was told I could not. I understand if I was not a client of Sally's, but I spend alot of money at your store and this is not the way to take care of your clients. I HAD TO LEAVE and come back to finish my purchase. I used to go to a other beauty supply store that did the same thing to me about 5 years ago and I used to spend thousands of dallars a year at that store. I have not been back sence. I know I won't be missed, but is it worth the simple use of the bathroom to lose a client. I am a salon owner and hairdresser and I take care of my clients if they need something.
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   hiimLP 0 Votes
They do not have a public bathroom. Their bathroom is in the backroom where things can be stolen. Most Sallys are next to Walmart or Schnucks or some convenience store. You can use the bathroom there. Like someone said above, Sally employees are under so much pressure every day and not all of the employees are licensed. They may have an esthetician who only knows about skin, or a nail tech that only knows about nails, etc. A lot of the customers, especially the ones who claim to be "professionals" are extremely rude to the employees when they are doing their best to help. Also note that their computer systems are EXTREMELY outdated and sales will not ring up all the time, and it's hard to memorize every single sale. It is ALSO hard to memorize every single product in the store and impossible to know everything. As far as clippers, most of them ARE all the same, some just have different features and are more heavy duty. It's hard to explain a lot of these products. I understand some of the complaints but as far as the return policy, the employees have no control over it. Like someone said before it is their JOB to enforce it. I've seen and heard customers screaming at the top of their lungs at the employees for ridiculous reasons. Like how they were out of a product even though they would probably receive it in stock the next week. I just think that these people are wasting their time and energy and it seems as though they haven't worked a day in their life and don't know what the "real world" is like.
 7th of Aug, 2010 by   MG_2010 0 Votes
Just left a sally a couple of minutes ago, the one in Indio, CA. My mom which is a frequent shopper of beauty products sent me there for some color developer. Im not too familiar with these type of products and needed help. I asked the nearest associate, which i found out later happened to be the assistant manager, for help. In a very rude way she told me that she was too busy doing inventory even though when i walked into the store she was busy chating up with the cashier about her vacation and marriage life. Ive worked in retail before, and this lady is a joke. Doesnt matter what your doing the customer is always #1. Ill be sure to mention this on the letter im about to send to corporate!
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   jo crane 0 Votes
i have lost my card how do i get anotherone
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   unhappy customer! never going to sally 0 Votes
I’m one UNHAPPY customer! Last night, (December 14, 2010) I had called the Sally store in Irving by Story and 183. in Irving, Tx. I'm a busy lady with a hectic schedule as most people and to go to this Sally's store is simply out of my way. I called around 5 & 5:30 (close to when I was getting off work) I asked to make sure they had a hair shaper # 107. I asked her to please check so I don't have to make the trip all the way over there. She told me yes. So later before I’m about to leave, I call Cynthia again (who also answered the phone again) I told her I was the same person that called her earlier and I just want to double check because I’m on my way. She was giggling like she was playing around with her friends and I found that so rude and annoying. I had to wonder if I was calling a business or calling her at home where she was playing around. So she said yes again, and I told her fantastic, "I'm on my way". Once I arrive not even 30 minutes after I spoke to her, I was in the store and in a hurry trying to purchase my item that was supposed to be there. The ladies get Cynthia who was on her lunch break in the back and asked her about my razor comb. (They couldn’t find it) She comes out with a smart allick attitude and says “Opps, sorry, we just sold it!" and kind of laughs (like it was funny to her that I drove out of my way to hear just that) she had a fake smile (like oh well! bye -bye now) I felt like I got slapped across the face. I just stand there in complete shock because this girl knew I called her and I explained over the phone (which she wasn’t probably listening, since she was giggling and playing around) I was in my car heading towards the Sally’s store when I called her the second time to confirm if she still had what I was looking for. I rushed over because I was in a hurry and I called TWICE! She shrugs her shoulders and says "we just had one left" so check in tomorrow.
I've worked in customer service for 10 years and still work doing customer service and I’m not sure if this Sally's is about customer service, but wow! I thought sally’s was a better business than that and not like some rude places where you EXPECT to be treated like that.
I was upset and asked why didn't she tell me there was only one left and if she knew #1 I was on my way and called twice she could of offered to save it for me since she knew I was calling twice to make double sure (don’t that mean I’m serious if I’m calling twice???) or at least let me know there was only one. How am i supposed to know? I specifically called twice so that I wouldn't have to make an unnecessary trip up there. I get the manager ERICA, (who was just as rude and didn't care for my experience) she was rude and gave me the same (I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE) then to top it off, she tells me " look, it don't matter, we have plenty of other people who would come in and do business with us and will buy from us" So- basically saying, ( we don't care for “my” individual business and if I’m upset, then oh well, who cares?, we have plenty of others who can replace you. )Nobody took care of me and of course I felt disrespected as a customer for what was said by the manager herself and how I was treated. She gave me the customer service number like she had nothing to worry about. I’m hoping this will get handled and somebody will call me or e-mail me back. I’m still left with a sour taste in my mouth and couldn’t sleep from being so upset! My experience was completely unacceptable and i shouldn't have been treated the way I was. This could have been avoided and there was no need for me to go through all this rudeness from Sally’s employee and manager. It’s awful. And I’d expect to get great service! The manger Erica needs to tell her employees to quit goofing around over the phone while customers are calling and be more understanding, she looked more annoyed that I even had a complaint.

Tips for Storing Food Properly so it Lasts Longer