logo

Terrible experience

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Safe Touch Security, Jacksonville, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Illegal activity

Safe Touch Security Contacts & Informations

Safe Touch Security

Posted:    Valerie

Illegal activity

Safe Touch Security
9550 Sunbeam Center Drive
Jacksonville, Florida
safetouch.com
To all of those who complain that safe touch security is a rip off. I worked for safe touch for 10 years as a technician and as a manager. Those of you who need more information concerning their illegal business practices and those who are not licensed in the state to do installations. They have violated many laws and business practices. I left the company a short time ago under fire and am willing to talk to anyone who has had a problem with them. I am still in the industry not with safe touch. contact me for more information. Lester, bruce, and marc will definately not like this.
Comments United States Security Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Jan, 2009 by   sassy28532 -2 Votes
I am having issues with having my Safetouch system hooked up thru my Comcast Highspeed internet. I had to buy the ATA which cost $89 and another $30 for a router of some sort from Walmart. I am fed up with multiple visits with no luck with it working. They say it is something Comcast needs to do and they disagree of course. Any helpful info for me?
 26th of Feb, 2009 by   Tulkas9731 -1 Votes
I am a 50 year old man, have been married over 30 years to the same wonderful woman, and am an upstanding member of the community in which I live. I have recently gone to work for SafeTouch Security and can assure you that we do not under any circumstances participate in any illegal or other untoward activities. I have never been pressured to sell anyone anything they did not need, or to otherwise do anything that I would consider 'shady'. As far as I am concerned, SafeTouch is a first-class, privately held company that is successful because they provide a top-notch system for a reasonable price.

Admittedly, I am an employee. But I am also a member of the community and consumer. I would not work for any company that did not honor the basic tenets of integrity. We sell by logic and honesty. It is all we need.
 5th of Jun, 2009 by   notsosafetouch -2 Votes
just because you work at safe touch doesn't mean anything. you just have not been there long enough to see all the things i've seen. and i still work there. why you ask. it's a job. yes they do shady things sometimes but who don't. i know plenty companies that do worse. but safe touch does not give a shit about there employees and even less of there customers. the way lester jackson, mark allen and bruce allen think is that they can find someone to replace you, just like they found you. customer or employee...now with employees they try to brainwash you with "we are the best company" but then turn around and screw a customer. not a good way to handle business. if it wasn't for lesters daddy and all those lil champs back in the day, there woulndn't be a safe touch. hell i can't even remember when was the last time we got a bonus, christmas or other for that matter. and i've been with the company for almost 10 years.

the only way to stay in business today is take care of your employees and your customers. because your employees reflect on you...good job lester, bruce, mark, and chris beale
 6th of Jul, 2009 by   Glenn and Sandra 0 Votes
I had an existing unmonitored security system. I paid for it myself when I bought my house. I asked Safetouch to monitor it. Their salesman assured me that after the 3 years was up, I could go back to my unmonitored system if I chose to.

After almost $1, 000 and 3 years later I chose to cancel the monitoring. Safetouch disabled my system so that now I have nothing.

Stay away from this company. Even the BBB of NE Florida cannot get anywhere with them.

Make sure you disconnect the phone line inside their box before canceling service. This way, according to their employees, they cannot disable your system.
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   ArnieH 0 Votes
To give my experience from today, we had a salesman visit our home on Saturday, August 29th. We signed the contract at that time. After further researching SafeTouch online, we decided that they were not a company that we wanted to do business with. On Tuesday, we copied the contract, wrote cancelled in several places on the contract, and returned it via certified mail as per their requirements. This is the proper rescission time as specified in their contract, within three business days. I called the salesman and told him that we were cancelling as well as the reasons. On Wednesday I got a call from their installer saying they were going to be there on Thursday morning. I told him I had canceled. No one showed up on Thursday but the salesman called me every couple of days to try and save the sale.

A few minutes ago I received a noticed that my credit card was billed $1705 by SAFETOUCH INC OF CNTRL.

Folks, be warned about SafeTouch. Not someone you want to do business with. We've already filed a fraud complaint with our credit card company, but now we'll have the headache of proving they did wrong.

It's great when the people you were going to trust to protect your possessions are not professional business people, acting in an ethical way.
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   Ron York, Sr 0 Votes
Hello Everyone: As a business owner for over thirty years, I've dealt with many of the largeer corporate security companies, ranging from ADT to Brinks to Radiotronics (closed), and have received decent to fair service from all of them, albeit ever increasing prices from each. Recently, we opened another location that needed the alarm system activated. After doing our own research, and upon a positive recommendation of a law enforcement officer member of our family, I accepted an appointment with a Safe Touch Sales Representative in the Tampa Bay area. After the sales rep thoroughly explained the options and features of a Safe Touch security alarm system, a decision was made to pre-pay for a three (03) year monitoring contract at a VERY competitive and affordable price! The installation was professionally performed by a experienced tech promptly on the time and date set, without any interruption to our business. Both the sales rep. Adriaan Bishop, and the install tech, John Pieszak, were consumate professionals, open, friendly and honest in all respects! I can only say that if my initial experience with this company
is any indication as to what type and level of service I can expect over the next three years, then I will always be a happy customer of Safe Touch, and will make sure that the rest of my family and friends take a closer look and utilize their professional security services as well. I'd also like to add this, at least here in Florida, security alarms (whether in homes or businesses) are only as good as the company providing you with security, AND, the TYPE of police or emergency response you receive TIMEWISE is directly related to whether your security monitoring company provides a "VERIFIED" alarm call or unverified alarm call to police or ambulance! A VERIFIED call can ONLY be made by an alarm company who has either VIDEO OR AUDIO equipment able to VERIFY what is going on within your home or business, and that means your call will ONLY be responded to promptly if it is a VERIFIED call, and all calls from Safe Touch are VERIFIED calls mandating the fastest possible response time to your particular emergency! Do YOU want to wait anywheres from a quarter hour to a hour and a half for emergency police or other help to arrive simply because your "alarm call" was NOT a VERIFIED PRIORITY ONE CALL??? I didn't think so. SAFE TOUCH provides us witha VERIFIED ALARM CALL capability EVERYTIME we may have an emergency, and that is security with peace of mind folks! Think about it, and make up your OWN mind based upon your own research. Oh, by the way, more law enforcement and judicial officials in our state use Safe Touch than any other system, because it is among the very best and it work's 24/7. Sincerely, Ron York, Sr., Tampa, FL.
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   Valence 0 Votes
Safe Touch has been harassing me since day one of moving to Tallahassee, FL. They pamphlet my house on a regular basis, and their sales reps keep waking me up while I'm trying to sleep during the day. I had the misfortune of being outside installing an antenna when one of their sales people went by, so she whipped her car back around and came to speak with me. She told me that one of my neighbors said I was interested in getting a security system. This frankly seems like a lie, since I have never spoken to any of my neighbors. I told her I work a night shift job from home and rarely leave, so I provide my own security. She gave me yet another pamphlet and left without an argument.

Safe Touch has also gotten my phone number somehow and they call me at all hours of the day and night. I let them go to voice mail and they just hang up without leaving a message. A legitimate business with an interest in selling me a product would tell me for what reason they are calling. Also not helping their sales pitch, I'm on the National Do Not Call list, and I have no existing business relationship with Safe Touch, so they shouldn't be calling me at all as far as I'm concerned. I suspect they don't want to leave a message because it would be a record of them illegally cold calling me.

Were I actually in the market for a security system, I would definitely steer clear of Safe Touch simply because of these aggressive, annoying sales tactics.
 24th of Oct, 2009 by   Pyroman_28 -1 Votes
to those of you that are saying how good safe touch was at the initial install.. well that's all well and good but just wait until something goes wrong with the system (and more than likely, something will) and it takes them days or weeks (or they may not even call you back) to get there for service.. worst customer service out of any alarm company I've seen and I've been in the industry for a few years now.
 29th of Nov, 2009 by   UPSET WITH SAFETOUCH +1 Votes
I would suggest that no one do business with SafeTouch of Tallahassee, Inc.

My wife and I recently had a security system installed by SafeTouch. The verbal presentation given by the "Senior Account Manager" at our home was misleading regarding the pricing and the term of the committment. The verbal presentation addressed the cost (around $1, 000) for the system and monitoring for 3 years. The presentation was structured such that the length of the committment appeared to be 36 months. Upon installation of the alarm system and a thorough reading of the contract I realized that the length of the contract is actually 5 years, not 36 months! A monitoring fee is payable months 37 through 60. If you wish to cancel your monitoring at the conclusion of the 5 year term you must notify SafeTouch at their corporate headquarters in Jacksonville via certified or priority mail that you would like to terminate the contract within 60 days otherwise you are automatically bound to an additional 2 years (now you are up to 7 years!). Again if you do not notifiy SafeTouch in Jacksonville via certified or priority mail you will be automatically bound to an additional 2 years (now you are up to 9 years!). Obviously I should have read the contract in detail prior to signing. This would have involved asking the SafeTouch representative to return at a later date as the contracts are lengthy and written in extremely small font.

Our "Senior Account Manager" during their in presentation indicated that in the unfortunate event that our home is vandalized with the SafeTouch security system monitored the homeowner would be reimbursed $500 toward their homeowners insurance deductible. Upon a thorough reading of the contract SafeTouch limits their monetary liability to $250. This appears to be the only completely inaccurate bit of information we were provided.

The money is not the issue. If someone explains the total costs during a proposal I will evaluate the proposal and determine if it is equitable for both parties. It is not worth fighing with SafeTouch in our situation. It is sad that this company does not believe in their product and service enough to fully disclose the costs during their verbal proposal. I should not have trusted the "Senior Account Manager" and read the entire contract prior to signing. We feel as if SafeTouch engages in misleading business practices. We are less than one month into our 60 month contract and certainly will not refer business to this organization.

I will ensure that all of my friends and colleagues are aware of the deceptive business practices of this corporation.

I apologize if their are any gramatical errors above.
 13th of Dec, 2009 by   Glenn and Sandi 0 Votes
The salesman lied to me also. Stay away from Safetouch in Jacksonville. The girl named Karrie Gabriel in the Jacksonville office of Safetouch is not a nice person. Her job is to tell you that they are right and you didn't read everything 'to the letter' regardless of what their salesman said. Thank you to everyone who is spreading the truth about this company.
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   Faith Walker 0 Votes
All I can say is this organization touts christianity with outrageous and grievous arrogance. Their judgemental attitudes resemble that of the oppressor. Their ignorance of anything Godly is demonstrated by their lack of integrity or concern for their employees or customers. I witnessed on more than one occassion where management yelled and cussed employees without any concern to their personal beliefs or feelings, yet their handbook says that you MUST treat everyone around you with respect. Apparently this does not include management, an apparent double standard.
I for one, bless these folks with such attributes as patience and strength... and seriously hope they obtain both in great abundance. I would also like to bless them with love and empathy. My hope is they return from their wicked ways to accept Truth and Wisdom, and learn integrity in their personal and professional lives.
If they do turn and learn Godly ways, my hope for them is that they succeed greatly in business and in their personal lives. However, if they continue in their arrogance... my hope is that they are reduced to the point of crying out to God for mercy, and repentance for the outrageous, and arrogant spirit of religion that causes them to be so unmercifully hard on all those they come in contact with.
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   Faith Walker 0 Votes
By the way Mr. Jackson... the next time you are reading your bible... perhaps Daniel chapter 4 would be a good place to start. It's truly not "he who has the money wins." The true measure of a person is how one treats those who can do absolutely nothing for you.
For those of you who feel your accounts have been drafted wrongly; let me suggest an affidavit of improper ACH debit activity. This you would fill out and hand to your bank president who would then send it to the ACH clearing house. You WILL get your money back within 24 hours, then you need to change your account quickly to prevent it from being drafted again. You can keep your bank... just change accounts.
I think the operative word today is humility. God loves a contrite spirit. God hates the proud. You cannot be Godly and be arrogant.
 16th of Jan, 2010 by   LUCKYJAX -1 Votes
After paying off a 3 year contract with a home security system known as SAFE TOUCH SECURITY, I tried to end my contract. And by the way, the system hasn't worked in years. I made every payment and on time too. They then told me I had to submit my request in writing to cancell my service. Which I did. Then they told me I had signed a 5 year contract not a 3 year. I argued with them and told them everything I had said 36 months. Safe Touch then told me I had to pay 2 more years or they would turn me over to a collection agent and ruin my credit. I asked them to fax a copy of whatever they had saying I agreed to 5 years. Of course they said they faxed it, but nothing ever came. After more research, I found that Safe Touch has many complaints about their underhanded contracts. They are world famous for screwing their customers. They tell you one thing and then make you pay for another thing. No where does my contract say 5 years. You would have to be an idiot to sign for a 5 year home security contract. I THINK THE GOVERMENT NEEDS TO SHUT SAFE TOUCH DOWN. BUYER BEWARE!!!
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   Faith Walker 0 Votes
Federal Trade Commission and the B.B.B. as well as Angie's List at www.AngiesList.com. Get the word out.
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   unsafetouch 0 Votes
I work at Safetouch...shady shady business. Whats the fat-guys name that runs marketing. The one with the professional sounding southern accent. He is one slimey-disgusting creature...you can find him in the back of the call-center. I would NEVER install safetouch security inside my home.

CONSUMER : STAY-AWAY
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   jlambs 0 Votes
After 2 armed burglaries in my (gated) complex and a murder the next town over I decided it was time for an alarm system. After dealing with a few salesmen from other alarm companies I called Safetouch. They sent out their sales rep Brian. He was very polite and explained the system in and out. When I didn't pass the credit application, he had a back-up plan. Brian went out of his way to make things work. Rob the installer was out in 2 days and did a complete install. Rob was polite, professional and cleaned up after himself before moving on to his next task. I perform monthly tests on my system without notifying the monitoring office and have always had an extremely fast (as advertised) response time. With the two-way communicator Safetouch is the only way to go! Read through your contract. You will see a 36 month contract with an auto renew for 2 years if you don't write to cancel within 60 days! It's there in plain English, anyone who complains about this hasn't read through the agreement. Thank you Safetouch! I will be sure to post and update if my experience changes. Josh Lambert
 20th of Mar, 2010 by   mohammed23 0 Votes
This company is a SCAM!
 10th of Jul, 2010 by   luDel -1 Votes
Wow, I'm really glad I came across this site!!! I just opened a small business in North Florida and called Safe Touch and made an appointment to meet with a salesperson this week. After reading all this, I am definitely going to cancel my appointment and tell them to LOSE my phone number!!! Thanks everyone for the heads up, glad I read it before signing anything.
 21st of Jul, 2010 by   JEBeach 0 Votes
After having Safe Touch for 3 years, I called and was told that I had fulfilled the requirements of my contract and I let them know that I no longer wished to continue. They renewed my contract for another year without my knowledge and they claim that they have the right to do so since I did not notify them 60 days in advance of the end of my contract that I no longer wanted their service. I sent them a fax, I've talked to one of their reps, all to no avail--they insist that I pay for another year. I have disconnected the system and I have absolutely NO intention of paying them one damn red cent!! What a sneaky, underhanded way to keep the money flowing!! Now they've turned it over to a debt collector-too bad, I'm still not paying--they are guilty of unfair business practices!!
 22nd of Jul, 2010 by   persians 0 Votes
Hmmmmm, some useful information I must say, I am with ADT and am not having very good results with them due to the fact they have been here 4 times in the past month to either install a piece to coincide with my present alarm system or replace a unit that was not working or as of day before yesterday, the tech left saying everything was fine, well three hours later I went to pick up the phone and nope no dial tone as if someone was on the other end of the phone and not talking, so I called adt and well they said that they would send out a tech today, I was going to change over to safetouch until I just read all the reviews and now I am thinking it is a bad decision, I was going to tell adt to either fix it or remove it, and then call safe touch, well now that I have read the reviews as stated I am going to make a decision real fast before my 30 days is up but it will NOT be with safetouch, I will call brinks, or some other company, I am suppose to have the cellular put in and well when no phone line working then it should have switched over to cellular but it did not, I asked to have it tested and they tested it and well guess what? they got no signal so not sure that adt is any better then safe touch but going to go and look at their reviews now. I am about ready to give up and go to the X10 website and install my own security system that will call me on my cell phone if anything works, trust me it is allot cheaper and allot less headaches, I can take a chance of it calling me and not the police and let me decide to call the police, but thanks for the reviews as safetouch when they call me this afternoon no matter what decision I make with adt, I will not be one of their customers. plain and simple, again thanks.

Health Insurance for College Grads