logo

Posted:    jsislo

Software charge-no product

824 Hazel Ridge Rd, @803
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
After making a purchase thru Ebay and paid thru PayPal, a window popped up for this Driver Defender. I thought the charge was $10. Next thing I know my account is charged $39.90. Sent an email stating I wanted to cancel, no response. Weeks later, I have this icon on my computer from Driver Robot saying there were critical updates for my drivers waiting to be downloaded. When I attempt to download, I can only get to the registration. When I register, it then wants me to pay $39.90, or provide a Key #. Are Blitware (Driver Robot) and Driver Detective related? Are they both scams? So far, I haven't received anything for my $39.90. Not paying another $39.90
Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of May, 2009 by   Christine at SafeCart 0 Votes
Hello,

First and foremost, I can completely understand why this would be frustrating.

As a payment processor for Driver Detective, I can confirm that Driver Detective and Blitware (Driver Robot) are not affiliated. In regard to your registration key for Driver Detective, this would have been sent out to you to your email address connected with your PayPal account immediately following your purchase. If you are unable to find the email, please contact SafeCart or Drivers HQ directly and we will be happy to assist you further.

If you would prefer to contact Drivers HQ directly, you can reach them through email at support@drivershq.com or, toll free at 1-866-964-0007 EXT 1.

Our Customer Support team can be reached toll free at 1-800-209-6437 EXT 7. We are available to take your calls Monday through Friday from 9:00am PST until 5:00pm PST. You can also reach us through email at customerservice@safecart.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Christine
SafeCart Customer Support
www.SafeCart.com
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   Baher Gindi 0 Votes
SafeCart Customer Support
Christine,

On September 14 2009 I made a purchase of software - Ref.#PCDH-UI 40909-70LAV- using my Master Card for payment including 2 years warranty Total $41.90 USD, for antivirus detection and fixing it at the same time. They have sent the Registration Key number too. The downloading was interrupted and my PC froze. I could not do any thing more but to take my PC to be fixed back as it was and asked the technician to delete any thing in connection with Driver Detective/SafeCart Purchase. What is astonishing, they have asked for my e-mail address and my password too, which I find very odd.

Now, I am asking for your assistance to help me getting my $41.90 USD credited to my Master Card. They have the Technical means to check on my PC and find out whether anything of their software is downloaded, by exact time and date. I can provide you with the Registration Key number to your request if you like.

Awaiting you response, please.
Thanks.
Baher Gindi
bahergi@hotmail.com
Tel: (416) 224 - 9442
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by   Terry Ritch 0 Votes
SafeCart Customer Support,

On 2-21-2010 I made a Purchase for Driver Whiz Software - Reference Number: DRDW-U210210-71SNP Using my Mastercard.
A Receipt was generated, however it did not give me a Registeration Key.
SafeCart did not Email me as it said it was going to do in the Receipt, with a Copy of my Receipt and Registration Key.
In additionan an Email was supossed to have been sent to me with my PC Drivers Headquarters account details, Which I did not recieve.
I have tried many times to contact Driver Whiz. (both through Email and Phone) with no success.
I have tried to contact SafeCart through email and by Phone also, with no Success.
In Fact the only thing that was Successful was that My Mastercard was Debted for 39.90 USD.

I would like to now ask for your assistance to correct this Problem.
Trying to be Patient
Terry Ritch
tritch@centurytel.net
Tel: (479) 965-7089
 6th of Dec, 2010 by   Harold Singer or Audree Singer 0 Votes
A few weeks ago one of my children registed for SafeCart, our receipt is:
PTLC-U181110-49LVB i have no idea of what SAFECART is or does and I would like to discontinue my membership or affiliation. I am not interested in demanding my money back, unless you decide it would be the right thing to do.
I would appreciate your resonse as soon as possible and thank you for your courtesies.

Harold Singer singerha@att.net
5881 Colony Court Boca Raton, Florida 33433

I also do not appreciate pop up advertisement, which are unouthorized by myself
and hope you discontinue them, at least to my computer.
 15th of May, 2012 by   Judi Burns 0 Votes
On 05/11/2012 I made a purchase for FastAgain PC Booster and FASTBACKUP Online (license incl) for $39.94 Activeris software, receipt FAPB-U120512-24MNZ. Download froze my PC and corrupted data, could not do anything on computer. Phone calls to activation number unsuccessful. Had to pay $100.00 to TLC Support Fix It Now (rect.# TLCT-U120512-25JQU thru safe cart). Charges made to my VISA account. My attempts to resolve this matter not answered. Also, there is an automatic renewal clause related to this softwaree that I WANT CANCELED NOW. All software (Activeris) has been removed from my computer. I want credit for $39.94 issued to Visa account. Please respond.
Judi Burns
judi.burns@comcast.net
Tel. (409) 655-5586
 21st of May, 2012 by   Activeris Software 0 Votes
Hi Judi,

I am a representative with FastAgain PC Booster, and I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced in using our product. It is extremely unusual for our software to single-handedly cause issues with your PC - however, we will take any measure to fix your situation.

Please contact us at company@activeris.com and we will resolve your issue immediately, and if you would like to request a refund we will promptly issue you one ASAP.

Activeris Software
 7th of Jul, 2012 by   martin farr 0 Votes
Totally dissatisfied with Fastagain PC Booster tried to purchase this product.Have experienced exactly the same problems .Have contacted both safecart and fastagain for a refund by E-mail no answer.Seems like a Con.How do Microsoft endorse this product ? .Have removed FastAgain P.C Booster from my computer.and would like a refund.By the way your Toll-free number never aswered me after waiting approx 20 minutes on line
 22nd of Jul, 2012 by   Dick Johnson +1 Votes
Pop up on the weather channel for this product. Sounds like you suck!
 21st of Nov, 2012 by   dixie dean 0 Votes
I never ordered your product yet it was taken out of my account i wish a full refund on all moneys that was taken out without my promission also was over drawn from these charges which i know you will not pay me back i am disabled on a limited income and would not order anything to take away from my small income to make me over drawn plus i already have security system on computer and have some one else to make it faster
 23rd of Dec, 2013 by   roger rerun 0 Votes
This message is intended as a response to-- DIXIE DEAN.
You claim to want a refund on all moneys that was taken out of your account. ??????

I have a question for you___ JUST HOW WOULD THE SOFTWARE COMPANY HAVE TAKEN THE MONEY FROM YOUR ACCOUNT?
" unless you gave your account number and info to them " when you ordered their software !
I for one really wonder about your claim. Money just don't zap from your account. They would have to have your account
number and banking details to charge / debit your account.

Dixie Dean, what your claiming really does not seem logical.
If you are falsely claiming money was debited from your account just because others who do have legitimate complaints.

Falsely claiming you didn't authorize a debit / charge from your bank account is a FEDERAL CRIME.

Again, just how would the company have got your account / bank details to have taken the money ??

You say you never ordered anything from them: it just don't add up Dorothy.

Making false claims in regards to banking, electronic banking, etc. These type things are investigated by the U.S. Secret Service.
If you indeed ordered and authorized the money from your account, there is an electronic record, Dorothy.

Online-Fraud