logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
4. (39 mins ago)
BMW
winning of lottery 500,000 Pounds, asking personal details and bank account nos.
5. (58 mins ago)
Laundry Queen
Poor customer service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Safe Auto Insurance, Columbus, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - New customer rip off!

Safe Auto Insurance Contacts & Informations

Safe Auto Insurance

Posted:    Valerie

New customer rip off!

Safe Auto Insurance
3883 East Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio
www.safeauto.com
On 5/8/08 at 6:56pm I called Safe Auto at 1-800-723-3288 about an insurance quote. I worked with Beverly Rainey a Sales Rep. She quoted policy number MO00007230A-00 for a 6 month term of $371.00. I had paid with a check over the phone. I called my current insurance company Allstate and they refused to give me a refund for the reminder of the policy that expired on 5/24. So I was not going to have two insurance companies, so I had to move the start date with Safe Auto. I called Safe Auto again on 5/8/08 7:31pm. The only way for me to move my policy to the start date of the 24th was to cancel and then call in again within 7 days before the 5/24/08. So they had to cancel the policy and I said I would call back in again to set up insurance again. No mention of cancelation charges of $25 and $60 were mentioned by the three employees I spoke to. They even had to cancel at the underwriters because they could not undue what they did in 20 minutes. Following that they with draw money out of my account for $371.00 and removed the $25 and $60 from that check by phone and sent me a check for the remainder. I have yet to see the check. On May 20th 2008. I called in to Safe Auto tonight on the 5/20/08 at 7:26pm, I spoke to a customer service rep and she said there was nothing that she could do. That the charges were non refundable, How could they be non-refundable I didn't know about the charges and they didn't provide any service to me, for a policy that was set to start the next day. So at 5/20/08 I called again at 7:35, spoke to a customer service rep that said she was going to send me to a manger in Missouri. She sent me to another customer service rep in Missouri whom I yelled at and she said that she was not a manger but in sales. She sent was able to get a manger to whom I spoke with and she was also unable to do anything to resolve the issue. I had explained that if she was not able to refund the charges for no service provided that they had lost my business. She was unable to work with me at all and all she could do was to offer an apology. Safe Auto has lost my Business, because of poor sales and customer service.

Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jul, 2008 by   mrs sassy +2 Votes
400.00 gone down the drain
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   janetta 0 Votes
MY INSURANCE WAS CANCELLED FOR TWELVE DAYS AND MY LICENSE IS MY LIVELY HOOD BECAUSE I DRIVE FOR A LIVING. WHEN I SIGNED UP WITH SAFE AUTO I FELT THE QUOTE THEY GAVE ME WAS RESONABLE, BUT I WAS RECIEVING A BILL EVERY TWO WEEKS WITH THE THREAT TO CANCEL MY POLICY. I WENT ONLINE AN MADE A PAYMENT AN DAYS LATER RECIEVED ANOTHER BILL. I FILLED OUT SOME RELEASE FORMS THEY SENT AND THEY SAID IT CHANGED MY PAYMENT DATE. SO MY POLICY WAS CANCELLED AND I WASNT NOTIFIED OF SAID CHANGE OF PAYMENT DATE. I WENT ONLINE TO MAKE A PAYMENT AND FOUND OUT MY POLICY WAS CANCELLED!!! I SWITCHED TO PROGRESSIVE THE SAME DAY
 4th of May, 2009 by   chazoo +3 Votes
I felt like the first complaint was just stupid as hell. This person clearly didnt think things through before signing up with the new insurance company. I dont think it was poor sales and costumer service, this person was just an idiot... And with the second person, most companies that are on a month to month send notices out 2 weeks in advance, but they wont cancel you unless you have not made a payment on the date stated on cancellation notice. Kind of like First Acceptance Insurance
 4th of May, 2009 by   chazoo 0 Votes
seriously

26th of Jul, 2009 by   TARA MARG 0 Votes
SAFEAUTO IS A RIP OFF
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by   wflorence +1 Votes
Safe Auto SUCKS!!!
They took my rental car and then told me they wouldn't get my check to car company to payoff wrecked car until at least a week. The car is worth 14k and they will only pay 8k even though I got other adjusters to say it was more. They even said if you argue and ask to talk to a manager we will take your rental car even earlier. SAFE AUTO IS THE WORST INSURANCE COMPANY IN THE US... Their abilities to help clients SUCK and all they say is we can do less if you like, and that is our policy... (their exact words).
 4th of Aug, 2009 by   Kelly Tanchek +1 Votes
My car was stolen and totaled twelve days ago and i have been paying rental on my policy but guess what? no rental if your car is stolen! and i have to wait thirty days for them decide if its even covered because they have to go to the jail and ask the guy if he stole it!! what kinda idiot would admit that before a trial or anything??? they are looking for any and every loop hole they can to get out of paying my claim. my advice, DO USE THEM! they are rude and short at a time when its their job to make you feel secure and comfortable at your time of loss. they are wonderful as your handing them your money but i hope you dont have to see how they act when you need something from them!!! HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!
 4th of Aug, 2009 by   Kelly Tanchek +1 Votes
i called the department of insurance and it is legal what they are doing until 30 days after i filed my claim but as the lady said, there is no need for the way they treat their customers. which showed me they get calls quite often!
 15th of Aug, 2009 by   bigheavygirl 0 Votes
The customers need to review thier information they get and know what they have selected
 20th of Aug, 2009 by   DCarroll +1 Votes
Safe Auto is horrible...I don't recommend this company to anyone. Their customer service is not existent and they don't send their documents out like they said they would. First, the gave me an insurance quote with no mention that I needed to sign some additional papers or my rate would increase. I did receive the items in the mail...mailed them back but still ended up having to pay some prorated rate. On top of that...it moved my due date up and supposedly my insurance was cancelled but the rep I spoke to and gave my money to on the phone made no mentioned of any of this and assured me that everything was ok. I then received another bill and its still more than I was quoted. When I called back to ask why, the rep was rude and so was her manager so I ended up cancelling the policy. I think this company is a fraud and purposely cheats customers out of their money by not mailing what they promise and charging fees that they don't mention when you sign up. I have yet to receive any documents saying that I even had insurance and I have been with the company for three months! This is the worst company and I am going to write a formal complaint.
 17th of Oct, 2009 by   Safeautohater +1 Votes
Do not get a SafeAuto. They are not willing provide any truth informations. You will always end up losing money. They charge 10% of fees even if cancel it minute after.
 25th of Nov, 2009 by   flyhi152 +1 Votes
Safe Auto is an insurance company from hell - when someone broadsided me they tried to negotiate the cost of repair with me like oriental carpet dealers on a bazar: They showed up with 3 guys in 2 cars, one of them was the supervisor and obviously the apprentice had to show his boss how good he was about lowballing the damages. He was still about 30 feet away from my van when he said "oh, this is nothing, everything can be buffed out". when I showed him the dents in the fender it was "you want to leave the original fender on the car and fix that with Bondo". the next day I had a check for about $ `1, 000 in the mail. Actually the cost of repairing was over $ 2, 000 because nothing could be "buffed out", the deeply scratched high gloss plastic parts had to be exchanged, the fender had to be replaced and painted. I took the car to a body shop and they told me that they never had to deal with a stubborn company like Safe Auto. They would not return their phone calls and it took them several weeks to send someone out for a reevaluation of the damages. The body shop told them that a wheel alignment was necessary because the front wheel was hit by the other car in the accident. Their answer was "we don't pay for the alignment" without any further explanation. When I called the adjuster to find out why they would not pay for it (since the accident the van is pulling to the left side) it was "we feel that an alignment is not necessary."

They must have technical skills that nobody else has: I never heard about a technician who has the ability to put his hand on the wheel and determine that the alignment is perfect. Normally this is determined by measuring the wheel position with special alignment devices. Maybe the Safe Auto guys have a 6th sense ? What I can "feel" every day is that the van pulls to the left side and thats what I told the adjuster. Since then he won't return my phone calls anymore. Probably they are making the assumption that I won't go to court about the $ 70, - for the alignment - i believe that this is acting in bad faith. An insurance company should pay for all damages without being taken to court and be professional when determining the damages. Obviously they are hiring clowns as appraisers, this does not have anything to do with professionalism.
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   KristiC 0 Votes
I filed a claim with them 1 week ago. They called me today and said that my claim was going to have to be investigated to ensure that its not a scam. When I asked how long that would take, they said maybe a month, maybe longer...They also refused to pay for a rental car even though I'm supposed to have renters insurance. Oh, I forgot to mention that I changed my insurance company 2 weeks ago and Safe Auto said that we haven't been with them long enough for them to fix my vehicle without an investigation. Um, aren't they called accidents because its not planned to happen?
 16th of Jan, 2010 by   sko4 0 Votes
they lied and suck! had my sr-22 expired from mdv no longer needed! safe auto stated i still need my sr-22 and pay 3 months in advance. now thats some BS!right there! lucky i called my local mdv and got all the info needed and some tips on how to avoid stuff like this. i hate being lied to, thank god! no more safe auto for me!!
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   djcali 0 Votes
I have been with safe auto since 2004, and in Jan 28 2010 my payment witch I pay on time through there automatic payment machine was not taken because 'MACHINE WAS DOWN '
and so they canceled my policy and said you have to do a new policy witch cost $60 more than I usually pay witch is $85. so all my 40% discount that i had because i was a loyal customer since 2004 was gone, that's what they do suck you dry and then kick you out . and if they tell you that you would get 5% discount every 6 month its BS they will find a way to cancel your policy and make you do a new one and pay more...DON'T TRUST THEM

DON'T GO WITH SAFE AUTO
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   EJMOM +1 Votes
SAFE AUTO is A RIP-OFF!!! During the weeks of Dec. 23, 2009-Jan. 4, 2010, i was covering a friends paper route while she went to New York for Christmas with her family!!! It was her duty to find a sub & since i had recently lost my job, I was willing to get up at 2:30 am to cover for her. Once all papers had been delivered, I was heading home around 9 am and a big buck jumped in front of my car. i swerved to miss it, hit some loose gravel, tried to correct, but over corrected anyways and went flying into a field. I was able to drive the car up and out of the field (luckily). As i was driving home though, i heard something scraping underneath the car & i i couldn't turn the car very easily. Fortunately, i was only 10 minutes from home & made it there. I was bawling & shaking when i walked in the door to tell my husband what had happened. He called in the claim right away & within a week the Adjustor came out to quote the car. We knew the power steering line was cut (at least), but weren't sure about anything else. We were than told to have it towed to the garage and than we could proceed with repairs... 2 days later we get a call saying that are claim is under Special Investigation to check for fraudulent claims and that repairs would have to wait until that was cleared. Talked to the investigator, who takes down my story MORE THAN ONCE, & she calls back & says she needs to come to our house to get a recorded statement ( STUPID) we scheduled an appt for 1pm on Feb. 24 ( almost 2 months after my accident). Noon rolls around on that day & she calls & says that her 10 am appt wanted to push back their time to 1 & that we needed to reschedule ( shouldn't she have rescheduled with them knowing that she already had a 1 pm appt!!!) she finally came this past Friday March 12, and got our statement ONCE again!!! She than calls us this morning March 15, & tells us the claim had been DENIED because i was using it for business. It was for 2 WEEKS. I wasn't being paid through the paper office... i was getting paid from my friend's check when she got paid. IT WASN'T MY JOB!!! I was being nice and doing a favor for a friend. SO, my husband calls to talk to someone bc they are leaving us with almost $5000 in repairs & a 62 day storage fee from the garage at $20/day :( & come to find out the Investigator hadn't even sent over her reports to the claim rep yet. Our claim rep said she would call us whenever she got anything, but it's now almost March 16 & we never heard from her for the rest of today !!! CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS, COVERAGE SUCKS... SAFE AUTO SUCKS
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   Angela C. +1 Votes
Safe Auto provides inacurate quotes and bills you for way more than promised after you've already paid to start the policy. They have incompetent customer service. I called on 6 different occasions demanding that they cancel the insurance policy, faxed in proof that I had obtained insurance from another company, and they still did not cancel my insurance. Then they had the audacity to send me notices in the mail saying I had failed to pay my bill, and I owed them MORE money... In short, they charged me $142 for 8 days of insurance on a 2000 model car. This includes the cancellation fee they charged me but never told me I would incur. I wasted hours of time talking to different people (who never helped me), MUCH frustration, cell phone minutes, and $142.

Safe Auto is shamefully deceitful. They are a pure displeasure to interact with, yet they close each conversation with "thank you for choosing Safe Auto." Learn from my lesson, DO NOT CHOOSE SAFE AUTO. They are HORRIBLE!
 5th of May, 2010 by   got shafed +1 Votes
SafeAuto Is a scam, the company is based heavily on deceptive practices, these complaints are true, stay away from them at ALL Cost!!!
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   Gail Elaine +1 Votes
Safe auto sucks!!! they were given check info and it never made it through the bank. We gave them the info a second time and they told us they would call if they had a problem. The money never cleared our account. We went to the account daily to look for the applied money, and it never happened. Yesterday it said the account had been cancelled for non payment. These people are incompetent if they cant process a check in which they had all the necessary info; then they told us to reopen the account it would cost an additonal $18/month with no notification in this regard. It was their error, and we have to suffer the consequences. I hope everyone realizes that this is the worst company and not to use them. We are going to report them to the Better Business Bureau. The worst customer service ever!!!
 23rd of Oct, 2010 by   Tiredofabuse +1 Votes
Safe Auto plays all manner of games to get the money initially and cancel you for non-payment as quickly as possible. I received a bill one day with a due date the next day., Two days after the bill arrived I got a cancellation notice. Don't trust them. Track your communications carefully. Record your conversations with them where legal. Document everything. Find a new insurance company. They are not Safe or an economical alternative. Write your state insurance commission and consumer affairs organizations. Beware of Safe Auto!

The Escrow Scam