Regions Mortgage

Loan Modification Denial

Regions Mortgage
Birmingham, Alabama
I tried to call regions to have them reduce my second lien which they hold on my house by half since my 1st lien holder agreed to do. I requested this since my house is not appraising for what I owe. They stated they are not reducing any loans.

If they would have agreed to half, I could of refinanced both and they would have been paid. Now that I will be walking away from the property then they stand to get nothing since second lien holders never see payment once the first is paid. I think they could of worked with my and met halfway since the primary agreed to do so. Greed will get you no money at all.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful?

24th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
Well, we lost our careers when the economy tanked and trying to hang on w/ low paying jobs. We have our mtg w/ Regions (gangsta mtg co.) and we applied for the modification and for three months they lowered it by $300. We paid it easily and on time, at the end of the 3 months, they came back and said we no longer qualify and wanted the $300 for the three months ( $900) back immediately.
We are about 2k behind ONLY because we were sending in partial payments several times a month WHICH amounted to the entire payment being received w/i the alloted month. BUT, since it wasn't all in one check, they put it in our escrow account instead of applying it to our mtg. and added finance, misc. charges. Now they are trying to foreclose on us.
The escrow office (Memphis) and the mtg office (B'ham) can't even call each other to move our money where it belongs.
Even tho they w/ other banks and wall street caused all this economic mess and Even tho they: Regions (gangsta mtg. co.) OWE us taxpayers tarp money to the tune of 3.5 BILLION dollars? Total Hypocrites! BOYCOTT Regions (gangsta mtg. co.)

Contact Us