Red Roof Inn

Posted:

Overcharged and will not refund!

Stay away from Red Roof Inn. Particularly the one in Williamsburg, Virginia.

We went for a vacation and checked out a day early. The bill was $247 and charged to a credit card for that amount. When I received the credit card bill, the amount billed by Red Roof Inn was $308.

The corporate office refused to correct the charge saying it was the business of the franchise owner in Williamsburg. The Williamsburg Red Roof Inn refused to return phone calls. It's now in dispute with the credit card company.

Clearly a bunch of crooks. And the room had a cockroach problem as well. Stay away.

Complaint comments Comments (39) Complaint country United States Complaint category Hotels

Comments

2nd of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
The Red Roof Inn in Washington. DC charged my credit card four days after I checked out $180.00 for a mistake they made. The first night stay was to be paid through a housing bureau which I paid upfrront. When I checked out, I paid the balance in cash and they gave me a recipt for a o balance, but they charged my credit card for $180.00. I contacted them as soon as I checked my account and found that this was done. I called and even sent them copies from my bank statement to show that the housing bureau had taken theirs out and that they charged my account also. The manager said she would call back. She never did. I had to call her each time. I called her on Thursday, today is Saturday and she has not called back yet. My stay with them was from July 13-18. Today is August 2, 2008. I have not heard from them yet. Whatever you do, do not stay with them. I agree they are crooks if they won't refund your money and you have presented the evidence asked for. They will lose much more than that if they continue this kind of business. $180.00 was a utility bill for me. I work too hard for someone to steal from me.
 3rd of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am heasring impaired with a service dog and we travel to florida stopping in delaware at the red roof . i was always treated with understanding and given good service but not this year, we had a long day, checked in and went to dfiner instead of going directly to the room, on returning we noticed that this was not a non smoking room as requested, the bedding was dirty, smelly and full of burn holes, the carpeting was filthy and the bathroon was worse, we left very early the next morning as reception would not answer . do you now have a new policy and treat all handicap very badly or is this the new dirty red roof inn and you do not guarantee customer satisfaction .
 3rd of May, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I was a Red Roof Inn employee and I would like to tell the customers that go there to not sleep on the comforters or even sit on them. The employees who clean the rooms do wash the sheets, under blankets and pillow cases everyday, but they are told to only wash the comforters once a month, which is absolutely nasty. Especially knowing what people do in the rooms from weird sexual things, to rolling on the ground and beds in the room doing somersaults while crapping and urinating on the furniture, prostitution, and drugs. Also for locals who like to stay in there towns Red Roof Inn be ready to be discriminated against, although it is not company policy to take credit cards from guests, locals were subject to providing one with every stay because we were told from management that locals are "drug dealers, prostitutes and drug users."
 3rd of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was a Red Roof Inn employee and I was grabbed in the chest and my breast was shook, it also happened to another employee. I was chased by the manager while she was holding a sausage in front of her crotch screaming that its not big enough for me, while she was drunk partying with the renovation crew and some corporate employees during the renovation of the property. I was also called a queen who hit on every male guest that walked thru the door, at a company meeting with every employee there. I was also told by management that she was so horny she wanted to bring me to a room, it was too bad I was gay. After reporting all this to human resources, they told me there was going to be a investigation a month later human resources showed up did a investigation. During this the investigator told me that she knew there was wrong doing and something was going to be done to wait to hear from my district manager. When she left the manager started scheduling me for two shifts in one day, she tried to write me up saying that my drawer was short while I was having other employees count, sign off, bag and put my cash in a safe. Then I had other employees that were working with her that the district manager was calling her up and talking with her on the speaker phone on ways to have me fired, and things that my manager could do to try and write me up. I waited for a month to hear from the district manager, I kept on calling human resources to find out what was going on, they told me she was going to be in after a month had passed she finally showed up only to have meetings with every employee on how to do there job. During my meeting with her and the manager I asked her what would be happening with my case, she told me it was all in the past and she didn't want to talk about it any more. I have filed a suit with the EEOC and I am waiting for a right to sue know. I just want to let everyone know how they treat there employees and for a company that has a zero tolerance policy there was alot of tolerance. Also, while filing for unemployment because I couldnt stand to work there any longer, they denied my unemployment and during the hearing, they said that grabbing my breast and the other employees was a play by play action, because she was explaining a story to us. The company also said that she was written up with something called a possible step for termination while they were saying they did nothing wrong.
Please know this is a bad company to stay at or work for.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I also was an employee there for a little over a year the manager their is very nasty and very verbally abusive. when he got mad he would also yell at me f this and f that you do not talk to your employees like that. Also I feel he was trying everything in is power to find an excuse to fire me, which finally he did see everything that happen there was always my fought. And you are right I will never stay at another red roof again due to they do not was the comforters nor the blankets that they put on the bed that is gross who knows what the other person did in that room. He also written me up but not the night audit person who also did not follow proceeder
 28th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Bad manager, very impolite to guests.
 24th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Red Roof Inn, Lawrenceville, Nj - Quality
Red Roof Inn
3203 Brunswick Pike
Lawrenceville
New Jersey

Stayed at the Lawrenceville Red Roof the night of 10/17/09. Sheets and pillow were stained and had hair on them from previous guest. Pillows lumpy. Sheets threadbare. Big cobweb on ceiling. Heater tapped loudly every time it came on throughout the night--loud enough to wake us. We heard loud argument of guests next door word for word from 2 a.m. until 5 a.m.! because of paper thin walls. Would have asked for another room but didn't want to have my 88-yr. old mother have to repack her things, have us move our luggage in the cold, dark night--probably only to find another room would have been just as bad. This was by far the worst night I've ever spent in any motel. Maybe some of their franchises are better than this one, but I'll NEVER stay in another Red Roof Inn.
 7th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
My husband, young son, and I were recent guests at a property in Belleville Michigan. Arrived Thursday/Friday at 1 a.m. after a 5 hour drive, took everything into the room, unpacked, was getting ready for a shower and oh my god was the room a disgusting mess... urine everywhere in the bathroom, as if someone had a peeing contest. It was evident that this room was not cleaned properly in some time! Then they moved us to another room, had to repack and move everything to an upper floor in 10 degree weather. The next day we walked to and from a local restaurant in 18 degree weather and upon our return our key cards didn't work and had to go back down to the office to get that corrected at which point my son had an asthma attacked because of the amount of time breathing the frigid air. Checked out on Sunday...came home and checked my account online...was overcharged by 1 day as well as for "safe" charges. Uhhh didn't use a safe...??? Anyway have been on the phone with that property as well as customer relations since. Their guarantee taken right from the website...Our Guest Service Guarantee. Our Committment. Your Guarantee. The Red Roof Guest Service Guarantee. Your satisfaction is important to us, so we guarantee it! If you have a concern during your stay, please let us know. We will make it right. If we can't resolve the concern, we don't expect you to pay...it's that simple! Thank you for staying with Red Roof.
We will see..."don't expect me to pay"...because that's what I'm shooting for!!! And take note of the spelling of “commitment” this from a company that sold for $1.313 billion dollars??? WE WILL NEVER STAY AT A RED ROOF AGAIN!!!
 27th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn, Main Street, Charlottesville, VA while my husband had surgery @ UVA for 10 days, The only thing good I can say about this place is the staff was friendly. The bathroom smelled of mold, the beds were very old, very few channels on TV, it does not have free wireless as they state on their web site. They put me in room with an adjoining door, and on a Friday night after 13 hours at the hospital I was suddenly awaken by college boys beating on the adjoining door, I was scared to death so I sat on edge of bed until they finally went to sleep around 4am that morning. When I went to the front desk the next morning and ask for another room in a quiet place and told them briefly what happen I was told this is a college town and I was lucky I was not staying doing football season, they tear up the rooms and party all night. So I was moved to another room in the middle of another floor. Still wasn't much better people knew each other in the rooms around me so they kept running back and forth slamming doors until 11pm at night. This is the kicker, the hotel charged for a night I did not stay, after numerous phone calls and 4 weeks later they finally called back and said as a complimentary to me they would take off the one night, they did charge my credit card for the extra night and said it would be 10 days before they could credit my account. I will tell everyone NEVER stay in this hotel.
 17th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Allentown, PA over the last weekend. The front desk clerk wore a kilt, his socks were at his ankles and it appeared that he had nothing under this plaid skirt. This hotel needs help, the sheets are dingy and yet one pillow case was very white!!!, there were cigarette holes in the bedspread, even though it was a non smoking room. It is also a place for the local prostitutes and crack heads. NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY THERE!!! I had no sleep. Police kept driving by as this hotel is a regular steak out for the local cops. One guest told me that there was a raid there last week and not to bother telling the manager as he does nothing except talk about the guest behind their backs. According to this guest he also talks about one employee to another employee. It was definately not a professional place to be. If you do not want prostitutes, drugs, and unprofessional front desk, and you do want a good night sleep - DO NOT STAY AT THE RED ROOF INN IN ALLENTOWN, PA
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
My soon to be husband came to visit me from Houston, Texas here in Austin, Texas he stayed at the REd Roof Inn on I-35 and Ben White on the NB frontage road. He stayed there on January 1st of 2010 but checked out a day early. He had paid cash in advance for three nights. He asked upon check out if he could get his money back and they told him that the didnt have enough in the draw for the refund and that it would be mailed to him from corprate office. HA HA HA Today is MArch 23rd and we have yet to get a refund. He and myself have made numerous calls and went by the Hotel(the manager some how is never there when we come) and have talked to Customer Care and have gotten the COMPLETE RUN AROUND!!! " I will have them give you a call. " Still waiting. It took me 2months to finally get the corporate number out of them. This is something extra for you to laugh at...I called Customer Care tonight and I asked for the number for corprate office and get this! they gave me the number to another local hotel here in Austin. HA HA I called and the man on the line asked why would they give you this number? IDK maybe they are ASSES!!! I have always stayed at the one in Dallas Texas and have never ever had a problem, but i will say this I will never stay at another RED ROOF INN IN MY LIFE!!!
 24th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am former Red Roof Inn Employee in Virginia, I was terminated last November for not following company policy, and the policy they stated that I did not follow was giving guest refund. The manager of the hotel said that these refunds where fine and make sure that I did the refunds a specific way. He also told me others things to do and what not to do, I was assured that these where fine to do such as allowing guest that we know well to use our microwave that is behind the desk for the bathroom that was also behind the desk. I was spoken to when I did not allow quest to use the microwave or the bathroom, and I told the manager that the employee hand book stated that we could not allow guest behind the counter for any reason. He told me that this is fine and not to worry about it, and I asked him if his boss where to come in and see this will be tell the truth about what he told me or would he lie to protect him self. He stated that he would tell the truth, what a lie. I worked for this company for over 5 years, and I was never written up for any reason and one day I came in for my shift and the District manager and the Manager was there and called me into the office. The district manager handed me some papers and they turned out to be refunds that where given to guest, and he asked me if I new what they where and I stated yes, that they where guest refunds for guest that where not happy with there stay, or where harassed, wanted to leave early, and one of the papers was a woman who was stranded at the hotel and she was a victim of domestic violence, and the Manager of the hotel told me it was fine to put her in to a room, and tell her not to worry about it, and I did this. I offered to pay for the room and the Manager told me know that it was fine and not to worry about it. Another paper was a refund for a customer that was at the hotel for about a half hour and came back down to the lobby and stated that they needed to leave because they had a family emergency and I gave them a refund, the third paper was a guest that wanted to leave because they where being harassed by another quest and they wanted a refund so they could go some where else, this guest was very drunk, so I told them that when they give me there key that I would then give them there money back. The guest lest the lobby a few minutes later she called the lobby back and said she was going to leave and that the did want a refund and I again told them that I could not give them there money until they returned there room key. They said I would return it but I can not find it, and I told them that I would make them a new one and I would bring it to them, but again they could not get there money until they return there room key. They said that they where waiting for there friends and they would be just a few minutes. A little while latter this guest came to the lobby and returned there key and I had them sight the red slip stating that they where leaving and then I gave them there money. The district manager stated that he did not think that the signatures on the red slip did not look the same and I explained that the women was drunk and he did not agree and hinted that I did it and I called him out on it, I then turned to the manager and asked him why he was not defending me when he told me that it was ok to do these refunds and that he checked them to make sure they where fine and on the up and up the manager that I had worked with for over 5 years just stood there with there head down and said nothing accept I a sorry, what a wimp, and this is not the word I would like to use against him. I filed for unemployment and I won the first part and then because the District Manager lied and the manager refused to had like he has any manhood, I lost the second appeal and today I had to go to Richmond Virginia and testifies in front of an examiner for the third appeal and it could take 1 week to 6 weeks and of course the manager was not there but the District Manager was there and he did like he always dose he lied about me to save and cover his but. The funny thing about the Red Roof Inn is that they have numerous Lawsuits against them related to there inability to pay there bills. Hmmm Like this is a surprise. So many of there hotels are nothing but dives, infested with drug dealers, prostitutes, criminals, bugs, rats, roaches, and so forth, and there rooms are nasty and they stink, and they hardly ever wash the cover that are put over the sheets and blankets, and a lot of the blankets hardly ever get washed.

This is why I am not backing down to the Red Roof Inn and I am going against them and there actions and behaviors, and let people know that they do not have to tolerate being harassed, threatened, and stay in a hotel that is nasty and stinky, and just plain grouse. I hope anyone that read this posting send a letter or calls some one and lets them know that this Hotel chain is nasty and they treat there employees like trash and accuse them of things that they did not do.
 18th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
This the most nasty place I have ever stayed. No way compared to the web page. I made pictures, just check this out.
 28th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
The hotel is full of cockroaches and is a disgrace. I would never stay here.
 30th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
Very helpful. Thank you.
 4th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

REDROOF INN - not returning my thing and calling me a lier
Pennsylvania

ON NOVEMBER25, 2010 I WAS IN PITTSBURG ATTENDING A FUNERAL MY ID AND BANK CARD WAS STOLEN OUT OF MY ROOM 217 THIS WAS A HUGE IN CONVIENCE AND A TERRIBLE VIOLIATION I REPORTED TO HOTEL ASSOCIATED AND THE BANK NOW WHO HAD ACESS AND THE ROOM WAS HALF CLEAN IT WAS ADOUBLE BED ONLY THE RESTROOM WAS CLEAN
 25th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
The manager needs to be chewed out by me for his insolence. I make the rules, not him.
 31st of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
My husband stayed at the Red Roof in Elkhardt In. March of 2011 for 12 days. Made reservations for the king suite but when we got there we changed to a regular room. our credit card was billed for the king suite. we can't get any of the staff to help us resolve the matter. We have made calls, my husbands' office has made calls to the red roof in In. and they are just blowing us off. They will call us back when manager comes in. She is never in obviously. Ha Ha ha they dont ask our name or call back info or anything about dates of the stay, and they are trying to get us off the phone as quick as possible. How can they resolve the matter if they wont ask the problem. The key card had to be exchanged every night when the guys would get back to the motel, that was an inconvenience also. I wasn't sure if the Red Roof was just trying to screw us or if they management staff wasn't intelligent enough to handle a mishap. But after reading some of these other inquiries I Think it's both.
 9th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes

Redroofinn - yelled at my kids
Lansing
Michigan

i stayed at redroof inn, off dunckle road, and maids yelled at my sons, i 3was promised king size room instead 2 small beds fit 5 people, lights flashed on and off, water ran half night, fridge froze our pop, people not friendly .fighting yelling out room everynight,
 9th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
Your complaint should be about the terrible room, not about your kids. Unless they were angels and were yelled at improperly. But you did not say...

Red Roof Inn Logo Red Roof Inn