logo

Capital visas
Absolutely disgusting company
4. (42 mins ago)
nutrasupport.net
The seller didn’t tell the correct price
5. (59 mins ago)

prize money

pepsi
7701 legacy dr.
Plano, Texas
Received a letter from Pepsi Co., co sponsorship with Readers Digest located in Plano Texas stating my wife has won the grand prize of one million dollars. Inside is a check for $5400.00 to cover any outstanding fees that have not been paid by Pepsi Co. directly. Before she is to cash this check, she is supposed to contact a Mr. Ron Pittsfield, a representative, phone No. 1-866-827-8711 ext. #1. with the prize claim #. This check is a citibank check, drawn from Strategic Focus Cities in New York city, New York. This enveloped my wife received appears to have come from Canada. I thought I should pass this on and make your Company aware!

Sincerely Armando Romo
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Jul, 2009 by   punkinita 0 Votes
This is too much!! My grandma is also the LUCKY winner of $1M and received a check for $5125 "to cover any outstanding fees that have not been paid by Pepsi Co. directly". Her check is written from a bank account in Columbia, NC, with the account holder being NC State County ABC Board. The envelope is postmarked from Canada, with the return address of Chicago, IL; oh, and we live in California. How is it that all of us Californians are so lucky??!!

Another website says to send the congratulatory letter to Pepsi for further investigation. That will be taken care of on Monday morning.
 13th of Jul, 2009 by   cherokeepromise47 0 Votes
I too received one of these checks today. It also was sent from Canada. I called the bank, and it was a valid account with the funds available, but no one ever heard of the promotion. I am calling Pepsi in the morning. Pretty good scam that they have going. The only thing I can think of is that they are trying to get people to give bank info or something. I called the number several times that is given and there was no one to answer, I paged still no one returned my call, so I called the bank and they are turning it into security. I faxed the check to them so that they could actually see the check. So sad that some people might deposit and spend some money that they are going to have to make up to the bank. The old addage "If it seems to good to be true it probably is" fits in this situation.
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   sdbabdoy 0 Votes
MY wife recieved the same letter and check for 5125.00 2 weeks ago was told to call mr rizutton have never been able to get him i believe it is a scam also we also mailed a letter to him will wait to see what happens with it but am going to contact my police dept with it
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   Lady in White 0 Votes
Just to add to the info, mine had a plain window envelope in which the "Certificate" was folded, with my name and address. We also live in California. This envelope is run through a US postage meter and not stamped from its origin. Let's all not forget the warning..."Keep this Prize Claim Number and prize Information highly confidential" for your safety and security/" The certificate has a bar code at the bottom. The check for $ 5, 599.00. The check claims to be from a firm in Texas, but drawn on a Delaware bank. It sure seems as if somebody out there is involved in a HUGE fraud. It actually brightened my day for a few minutes until I went to the Internet ! These crooks must be stopped !
 26th of Jul, 2009 by   integritypevails 0 Votes
I got one today and immediately came to the internet to find out how many others got one too. I never entered a contest so I knew it had to be a scam. Also $5, 599 check printed nicely - and Canada postmark, firm in Texas and Delaware Bank. Must find enough unaware people in the world to make it work for them. My question is - who do we report this to?
 28th of Jul, 2009 by   concern party 0 Votes
My mom received a letter from Reader's Digest/Pepsi saying she won too! But it was a different contact person and when she called it said she could not make the call from this phone not sure if it had to do with her phone number being private but she ask me to check on the computer if this was true or a scam and sure enough it was : ( I've loaded some pictures of the letter and check of what my mom received through the mail and it was post mark Canada with a web site; www.Postescanada.ca over the stamp!
 29th of Jul, 2009 by   BillyJo 0 Votes
i too received a letter from Readers Digest-Pepsi stating i won a million. i was to call a Ron Pittsfield at 888-290- 0559 BEFORE i cashed the check for $5, 599.00 i am from Ca. and never entered any contest in my life. i will take this to my bank today and see if they can't investigate. The envelope has no return address but has a Canadian stamp...IS ANYBODY A WINNER?????
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by   FrancesT 0 Votes
My check for $6000 was also mailed from Canada w/no return address. I had a funny feeling about it because I didn't enter a contest & no one I know entered me. So, I did a business search on the company, Barnes Family Funeral Svc, & the bank, Norwest Bank North Dakota, from where the check was issued. The mortuary is out of business & the bank is now Wells Fargo. I got some great assistance from Wells Fargo and was told the account is 'no longer active'. I'm tempted to call Mrs. Rachel Meyers @ 1-888-290-0641 x1, just to see what happens. I hope Readers Digest & Pepsi are aware that their companies are being used for this scam!!

To BillyJo: The only winners are the scammers!
 10th of Aug, 2009 by    vanetta 0 Votes
my grandma got one and i think its fake too
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   Bowhunter 0 Votes
My wife received the same thing today. We live in California. We both immediately recognized a problem from many different "red flags". Obvious things, such as a check in advance of you winning a contest?! For "fees" not already covered?! That's not logical. A check from a domestic bank ("Keybank" branch in Fulton, NY for my wife's check of $5439.75) drawn on an account registered to "Longley Brothers Inc." of Fulton, NY?!! The payor has NOTHING to do with Pepsi nor Readers Digest! Clearly the accounts of the fake checks are/were real accounts at real banks. The names, and possibly even the account numbers, are stolen. Clearly, if the recipient were to "pay" to the scammers, their account would likely be used for future victims... as they would now have a new "real" account number - and the $5k +/- from the victim. The origin is Canada, and the fake checks are french on the back, which probably protects them from US prosecution. As a side note, for those that have called the number, you might want to verify that your long distance service hasn't been changed. Past scams have been correlated to calling a number, which switches your long distance to an insanely expensive long distance plan... which is billed via your local carrier. If the new fees aren't paid, it could go to collections and foul up your credit (most people choose to pay the $50 - $300 first month's fees rather than fight it and risk their credit rating.).
Just remember: BAD people are out there. Use common sense, though, and they won't win.
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   Kenny can 0 Votes
Hey Yo this is Ken in Cally and my mom just got one of these dam letters!!!
Now its a scam 4 sure. These punk ass motherfuckers are going to pay 4 this,
they fucked with the wrong mother fucker... U know What I mean!
U need to ask the postman where this letter came from 4 starters.
then call the fuckin postoffice and ask to talk to the fuckin superviser of the US / Can
Post office. They are the motherfuckers delivering these boggess letters to our fuckin
doorstep. Got it...
Thanks for reading my post now lets get those wanna bee gangsters cause Im one
later peeps... Im near San Francisco any single ladies out there email me back
kensmedia number 2000 at yahoo dot com.. Have a good night and beee safe ok..
Ken
 24th of Aug, 2009 by   GrkGrl08 0 Votes
My grandmother recieved this Pepsi Cola Reader's Digest letter as well with a 5, 100 dollar check inside. We followed the instructions called the number and spoke with a Rachel Myers which some of you also know. She gaves us the instructions to keep it hush hush and not to tell anyone. Also to deposit the check in the bank and withdrawl 3, 500 out cash only. Right then we knew something was wrong and didnt add up. Because she told us she was an attorney for Pepsi Cola we believed her went to the bank and what do you know... THEY DENIED THE CHECK. THey said it was fake a scam and even Wells Fargo where the check was issued by confescated it and ran it thru their detection software. Now that my family jumped for joy got our hopes up just to be scammed by this is unexceptable and I WONT ALLOW IT. Not to make matters worst but today is my grandmothers birthday so im really pissed they pulled this crap over us. I will NOT be played for a fool and will seek justice till its served!!! Anyone with information or advice please feel free to comment. I am NOT letting this go those people are filth and I believe in KARMA so it will go around. THanks so much in advanced. Sorry to all those who are in the same situation.

Sincerely,
Michelle
 30th of Aug, 2009 by   Kaelynsmommy09 0 Votes
I found this on the PEPSI CO WEBSITE! LOOK HERE!!

Pepsico has an announcement on their webpage that this is, in fact, a scam:

Fraud Alert: We recently learned of a mail fraud scam that is falsely using the PepsiCo name. It claims that individuals have won "one million dollars" and a chance to appear on TV to win one billion dollars. They also offer a check for thousands of dollars, in exchange for personal information. This is currently being mailed to some consumers’ homes and we want the public to be alerted that PepsiCo did not initiate, nor does it endorse this activity. The check is not ours and has no value. We do not use these types of incentives for the purpose of collecting personal information from our consumers, and we would never ask our customers to divulge any private information. Please do not respond to the letters or attempt to cash these fraudulent checks. If you receive a mailing of this nature, we ask that you forward it to us at Consumer Relations, 1 Pepsi Way, Somers, NY 10589.

Thanks for giving us the chance to clarify the situation, and we encourage you to share this information with anyone who you think may have received this mailing so that they are not victimized by this fraud. We regret any inconvenience or concern.

dont fall for this guys its a scam!!!

Savannah
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   tyban 0 Votes
Got one of these for my mom today. She has been dead for almost 4 years now. I don't think she could have entered. The account is not active and the bank of america switched me to the fraud department.
 27th of Sep, 2009 by   Jane Dawson 0 Votes
I just got the same letter, check dated 9/11/09 for $5, 641.99. also from Canada. My daughter went on line and found there are no contest or giveaways put on by Pepsi cola/Readers Digest. and found this site that covers other people that have got this same letter.One person call the number and they were told to send money to cover the taxes. Beware this sounds like a SCAM. I am also contacting the police.
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   molly1749 0 Votes
Received the same letter, Same info, diffrent name. The guy had me going until he said we had to send them $2800 TODAY! and then we would have to give the delivery driver who bring us the check another $2000 once he delivered the check. Its sad because there are people falling for this crap!
 18th of Oct, 2009 by   atta girl 0 Votes
The thing that makes me really mad is that it appears that they send the scam letters to older women and dead people. Since I am still alive I guess that makes me an "older woman"! AND no money!

I will put the letter in the recycle bin after I show all my students.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   broph 0 Votes
my wifegot a letter today with a$4900 chech also postmarked Canada and the company's name is All Phase Electric from East HELENA Montana. The first thought I had is why would an electrical contractor be involved in a million dollar contest?Just for giggles I am going to call the person Amy Cooke tomorrow and I will post an update
 6th of Nov, 2009 by   LabRat 0 Votes
TOTAL SCAM!!! I'm in California and there was a letter addressed to my mom in the mail today claiming she also won $1M... UUhhhhh - my mom passed away in 2005!

Similar to all of you - there was a check enclosed (bank address was in Ohio) and instructions were for my mom (wink wink since i didnt disclose she had passed on) to deposit the check; send a wire transfer to Yalick Banza in Montreal for 1/2 the check value. I got hung up on after I told Phil Risotto he was full of shit and was a lowlife for being a predator on our senior citizens
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   cakegirl1031 0 Votes
i got the same latter she told me to deposit the $ and withdraw the 3500.00 and she whus going to meat me at my home to git the $ 4 insurance and thin i wus going to git my 1mill. im now calling the fbi

Top Consumer Complaint by Fed: #10 - #6