logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Hobby King
I did not recieve the product
2. (0 mins ago)
Onetravel.com
Scam
3. (4 mins ago)
My Supernova.com
promises not carried out, unprofessional
4. (11 mins ago)
hoonartek.com
They took too much money from me
5. (19 mins ago)
Gold Rush 1849
Misleading Job Description-Possible Scam (Be careful!)

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

RBS Bank UAE, Dubai Complaints & Reviews - Harassment of Collections Dept.

RBS Bank UAE Contacts & Informations

RBS Bank UAE

Posted:    tonya81

Harassment of Collections Dept.

Royal Bank of Scotland UAE
I have a 1 payment delay on my loan with RBS bank UAE (ABN AMRO) and the collections dept. people are calling me (MR. Khan 0501897465 and Mr. malik Azhar Majeed 0554037536) and started to tell me indecent words, such sa B***ch, stupid lady, idiot and the F*** word. when I explain why there is delay on my payment, they are telling me to shut UP and they said they don't need my explanation. they don't care if I lost my job, what they care is that I should pay no matter where I get the money from.

is this a prestigious bank treats their customer? they even tell me that I am not a customer but a Defaulter.

I will file a police case and escalate this matter up to their board level as this is not acceptable at all.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jan, 2011 by   Ms. Mahmud 0 Votes
Thanks DubaiLongtermResident, didn't know about this.
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   Risiuae 0 Votes
Yes I agree. I am customer of RAK Bank. A local bank in UAE. I got delayed in two installments and the bank started harrasing me. This is a true story. First they started calling my parents in the home country and threatened them that I will be taken into custody by CID. The bank personnel inform all my salary data to another number in my home country (which I gave at the time of taking the loan). Whole relatives in my home country got panicked and my poor mother fainted twice and taken to hospital. Not only that they inform all my personnel data to the person which I gave as reference. Then they started on me. Twice they came to my office. Believe me or not they talked to my collegues in the office and asked them to collect money for me otherwise I will be taken to jail. The most unfortunate thing happen when they talked to my 09 year old daugheter and my wife in UAE and threatened them that I will be taken to jail. I had to consult a doctor and treat my wife to treat the after effect. There is no rule. They spoil the personnel life and social life of customers. Once I asked the bank if they are authorized to do so. Sometimes what they do is they promise they will help to restructure the loan facility and pay by borrowing freinds. Once I did that and when I go to the bank office they said they are not aware of such and promise they will check. Never happened. They have brought our familiy into chaos. There is no rule. I am still on the job, and I will finish the loan go out of this hell.
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by   Trust in God +1 Votes
Dont worry my friends, God is not sleeping and he knows how RBS Bank debt collectors threat customers just to extract money from customers, no wonder thier bank closed and ADCB took over. I heard some RBS debt collectors were transfered or fired, maybe because of the Gulf News Article dated 19 Feb 2011. God is working. See how their debt collectors were fired bec of redundancy and finally lost their job, "what goes around comes around". God is the supreme creator, He can change people and can change things. You will see in the coming months how God hand will put an end to this problem.I just hope Central Bank will intervene to protect the people working and living in this country.
 15th of May, 2011 by   Fictum 0 Votes
Good Afternoon everyone

It seems that we all have the same problem with this shameless bank.The big question is why are they still being allowed to opperate?How can we stop this?DOWN WITH RBS!!!
 19th of May, 2011 by   NABEEL THAIKKANDY 0 Votes
YA I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH ABN AMRO>RBS>ADCB I HAVE SETTLEMENT PLAN FOR 9 MONTH'S.AND I HAS BEEN PAID ALL THE AMOUNT AS PER THE SETTLEMENT.BUT I GETTING STILL BY E MAIL AND SMS U NEED TO PAY 2000 OR 3000 LIKE THIS.AROUND 50 TIMES I CONTACT WITH COLLECTION DEPARTMENT AND I VISITED TO BRANCH THEY ARE NOT CO PERATING WITH ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.ATLAST I WENT COLLECTION DEPARTMENT AND VISIT ONE OF THE COLLECTION DEPARTMENT SALES GIRL NAMED NAMRATA PANDEY SHE TOLD ME TO AVOID CALLS AND SMS . AND U HAVE ALREADY PAID BALANCE THAT SHE NOTICED.SHE TOLD ME U HAVE ALL PROOF YOUR PAYMENT THEY WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH U LIKE THISSSS I DO KNOW WT I WILL DO...
 1st of Aug, 2011 by   B_Humane 0 Votes
Guys, RBS was taken by ADCB already. If you are harrassed like me, I encourage you to call ADCB's hotline 8002030 and lodge the complain, or send an email through www.adcb.com I do not have issues with ADCB staff, so far I never encounter any problems with them. But these collectors like Khalid 04-4265224 and Rashid 0558844249 are ill-mannered collectors of RBS! I have 2 default loan payments and that Khalid is crying at the top of his lungs to get the payment ASAP! He put my HR manager on conference call and humiliate me! He never give me a chance to finish what I am saying..His talent is to yell! Just YELL! I wondered if this guy can still sleep at night due to the trauma he brought to RBS' consumers. May the top mgt of ADCB realize to change their ex RBS collectors or RBS' collection offices. Otherwise, ADCB will end shutting down just like what happened to RBS.
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by   singlemum 0 Votes
all the above complaints are really correct |First Gulf Bank Collection Department are also harassing their customers, my advise is go to Central Bank complain board, they will handle the disciplinary action against those ill mannered collectors.
 3rd of Jan, 2012 by   jay rao o554316208 0 Votes
they even track you on facebook and contact your relatives, so quickly block and report strange friend requests.
 2nd of Aug, 2012 by   COOKIE PAGE 0 Votes
ADCB IS BANK FROM HELL. THEY DO NOT KNOW A THING ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOB PROPERLY THEN THEY MAKE OTHER PEOPLE SUFFER FOR IT. AED 2600 HAS BEEN BLOCKED FROM MY ACCOUNT EVEN BEFORE ADCB RECEIVED MY SALARY. I CALLED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TO INQUIRE WHAT THIS BLOCKED AMOUNT IS FOR. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT AED 529 IS FOR MY SMART LOAN, AED 700 SOMETHING FOR MY PERSONAL LOAN AND ABOUT AED 1300 IS FOR MY CREDIT CARD. I SAID ALRIGHT, TAKE WHATEVER YOU LIKE AS I AM FASTING AND DIDNT WANT TO STRESS MYSELF. I HAVE REQUESTED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF TO ENSURE THAT COLLECTIONS FORWARD THE AED 1300 TO MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT AS I KNOW FROM MY 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH THIS BANK THAT THEIR COLLECTIONS TEAM COMES UP WITH CHARGES IN SNAP AND TAKE MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT AS THEY WANT THOUGH THEY HAVE BLOCKED THE AMOUNT FOR ANOTHER PAYMENT. WHEN MY SALARY GOT CREDITED, THE FIRST TWO LOAN PAYMENTS WERE FOWARDED AS INTENDED. HOWEVER, AS I EXPECTED, AED 1300 WHICH IS MEANT FOR MY CREDIT CARD ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN CUSTOMER SERVICE, HAS BEEN PARTIALLY FORWARDED TO MY SMART LOANS ADVANCE PAYMENT FOR 25TH SEPTEMBER!!! WHILST THE REST OF IT WHICH IS ABOUT AED 800 HAS BEEN KEPT BLOCKED! I CONTACTED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ASKED FOR CLARIFICATION, THEN I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT AED 529 HAS BEEN TAKEN FOR MY SMART LOAN ADVANCE PAYMENT DUE ON SEPTEMBER WHILST THEY KEEP THE AED 800. SO I ASKED THE BANK TO TRANSFER THIS AED 800 FOR MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT. LATER THAT DAY, I RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE CONFIRMING THAT AED 521 HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT. SO I CALLED AGAIN AND ASKED WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE NEARLY REST OF THE AED 800 AND WHY ONLY AED 521 HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO MY CREIDT CARD PAYMENT. THE CS AGENT SAID AED 300 HAS BEEN KEPT ON HOLD AS ITS NOT ENOUGH TO SETTLE MY AMOUNT DUE OF AED 1300!!! SO I SAID WHY DID YOU FORWARD AED 521 IF YOU WANT THE WHOLE AED 1300 PAYMENT?!! AND WHAT IS THE AED 300 BEING KEPT FOR? EARLY TODAY, I CHECKED MY ACCIOUNT AGAIN AND FOUND AED 1020 IS NEGATIVE IN MY ACCOUNT WHICH MEANS I MUST DEPOSIT THIS AMOUNT TO REGULARIZE MY ACCOUNT. I AGAIN CALLED CS AND ASKED WHAT THE AED-1020 IS FOR, THE CS THEN TOLD ME ITS FOR MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT OF AED 1300 THAT THEY REQUIRE, SO I SAID YOU REQUIRE AED 1300, THEN YOU FORWARDED AED 521 TO MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT AND LEFT THE AED 300 BLOCKED, NOW YOU WANT ME TO DEPOSIT AED 1, 020TO COMPLETE THE AED 1300 AMOUNT DUE ON MY CARD? WHAT HAPPENED TO MY AED 521 CREDIT CARD PAYMENT THEN?!
THE CS AGENT COULD NOT EXPLAIN TO ME AND PROMISED THAT A COLLECTION AGENT SHALL CONTACT ME IN 48 HOURS. BUT FROM MY VERY BAD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS BANK? I AM CERTAIN THE COLLECTIONS AGENT WOULD COME UP WITH SOME' IF YOU CANNOT CONVINCE THEM CONFUSE THEM" TACTICS WHEN THEY CALL ME UP.
ALLAH CURSE THIS BANK!
 10th of Dec, 2012 by   John 45 0 Votes
All the bank do same thing. Not only R.B.S all the banks. In Pakistan they visit at home and
and call your wife or husband or any family member and if you pay them they call you
again to pay more on your credit card and they call on cell phone and on P.T.L also. In Pakistan there is no law to protect you at all. All foreign Banks and local they do same thing
 23rd of Dec, 2012 by   John 45 0 Votes
It is best to pay off and return your credit card back to them. Save money and buy. Interest dealing is not allowed in Islam and it is against GOD laws. Who ever deals with interest will sooner or later come in problem.
IN Pakistan all the banks collection department are so bad that words can not describe they make life Hell. Over seas bank in Pakistan are same there collection department make your children life hell and your parents and wife they don t care or listen to you. They just want money in full. They add late payment fees if you pay on due date they still charge you late payment fees and other penalties and high interest rate. Collection department in Pakistan is worst. They call all day on cell phone and on P.T.C.L all day.

Why Smart People Do Dumb Things