Qwest

Posted:

Billing Errors

Qwest/DirecTV
Colorado
We moved from an apartment to a house on Aug. 25 2008. At the time we cancelled our phone internet and TV service. In October I received another bill for TV service. I called Qwest to find out what the problem was and they had not cancelled my TV service because it was through a different provider even though all connections, billing and installation was previously handled solely by Qwest. I was receiving billing for service I wasn't even getting any longer. After many long calls with Qwest and DirecTV I finally had the TV service cancelled. But guess what, I get another bill from Qwest yet again. This time for the previous amount and even more. I now get to make another hour long phone call to Qwest to try and figure out what is going on. Only to find out they will not reverse the charges from my previous bill stating it was my fault I did not call DirecTV to cancel in the first place. Qwest could not tell me why I was getting charged additional money on top of the original bill because their system had no record of what was going on with my account. So after all of the calls to try and get this sorted out there was no record of anything ever happening with my account other than it was past due and going to collections. The billing department was no help. At this point I am keeping my records and waiting for the call from collections. From there I will go to small claims court and prove my case to a judge. If you are ever thinking of bundling service with Qwest and DirecTV, DONT. DirecTV was fine when I called them with any issues they were taken care of, but Qwest was a whole other story. I couldn't get service to get my TV fixed, they didn't show up on the day of install, and now they don't cancel your service when you ask them to. DirecTV would be wise to not affiliate themselves with such a lousy company.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful?

Contact Us