logo

CCB/PPC
HARD CREDIT INQUIRY
3. (58 mins ago)
verlocal.com
They started to take higher price from me
4. (1 hr 10 mins ago)
Fraud and cheating

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Quickfilmz.com, Sydney Complaints & Reviews - Charged monthly fee?

Quickfilmz.com Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2012-09-18 by    MegD

Charged monthly fee?

Sydney, Australia
Phone: 61 404382810
I recently looked at my account details and realised I was having different amounts of money debited from my account. It was from a company called quickfilmz.com that was deducting the money. On investigating this service I realised it was a company that I tried to download a movie from for my son but it was unsuccessful. I assumed I would be charged for that movie only, even though it was unsuccessful. unknowingly I gave them free reign to deduct money from my account. I checked this website this evening and found that it was a few days free trial that I supposedly signed up to and from then on I would be charged monthly!! Never did I see this information and never would I have let it go after the "free trial" period if I was advised. Since attempting to download the movie back in June I have been charged $147.00 since for a service I was not aware of.
Comments Australia Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jul, 2012 by   Carl Steen 0 Votes

Quickfilmz.com - Scam
Quickfilmz.com

Site Quickfilmz.com is a scam. At first they offer you many opportunities and a good movie choice but after a while You’ll realize that there is nothing to watch at all. Then you decide to refuse using their services but you realize that have paid already for the next month.
 11th of Oct, 2012 by   patricia homble 0 Votes
My daughter just found that the last 3 months they took each month 40 euro out of her account. She has never given any of her credit card details neither cvc codes or whats how ever...She just got her card and only did a few shoppings in New York and never did any online payments with that card...We are wondering now how they got her credit card details. Her father blocked the card now and we reported it to the police...BE CAREFULL
 24th of Nov, 2012 by   Luis Espinosa Jarpa 0 Votes
Por ver una prueba gratuita tuve que cerrar mi cuenta, ya que me estaban cobrando la cantidad de 49.95 dolares y jamás pude ver tal
película, lo raro que con la información que entregué, no sé como obtuvieron mi Nº de Tarjeta de Crédito, quizás a cuantas personas
más habrán engañados estos estafadores. Los emplazo a que me digan que película fué la que descargué.
 14th of Jun, 2013 by   tinawhite +1 Votes
i registered for a free trial and they billed me automaticly. then they wont let me login. they keep sending me to the sign in page and when i do that they say this account already exist, but wont let me login. tina white. tinawhite@cableone.net. this site is so annoying.
 25th of Jun, 2013 by   Trey05 0 Votes
I signed up for this site for a 5-day free trial, and they never mentioned anywhere on their site that free-trial users will be switched to a $50 premium membership automatically if the free trial doesn't get cancelled in 5-days. I called and explained this to them, but they refused to give me a refund. I can't even login anymore.
 17th of Jul, 2013 by   Cindy J. 0 Votes
I didn't even realize I had registered for the 5-day trial, because I didn't think it had gone though.
Now they have been charging me since Feb while I was OOT. Bastards!
 25th of Oct, 2013 by   julio lozano 0 Votes
I want to warn all people NOT TO USE THIS WEB SITE the will scam you, after offered a 5 DAYS FREE TRIAL ???? period, they requested my credit card information before allow me to watch the movie...having rejected $1dollar for a noble cause or red cross and having surrended my credit card info...they have charged me $49.95 dollars without any preventive mail or warning about the 5 days trial . No login or password was given to me and I find myself as many thousand of movie fans SCAMMED I will fight to get my money back since I think this people can be freely and happily making money braking the law and getting rid of it.
I have years using NETFLIX and this is excellent site and service although they dont show premiers...
 8th of Nov, 2013 by   nicola simek 0 Votes
I also signed up for the 5 day trail and they charged me to.Can someone pls tell me if its a once of payment or monthly and if its monthly how to cancell it...
 2nd of Jan, 2014 by   jere johnson 0 Votes
on december. 4th I signed up they offered me 5 day free trial but on the 5th they took out 54.95 out of my credit card I canceled on the 8th I found that they had done this when I got my bill from visa I called them but was given the run around so I now have put a block on my account they will get no more money from me this company is a scammer and should be put out of business and the web sites should be taken down if not stopped they will make millions
 24th of Feb, 2014 by   Lizumard 0 Votes
I wish I had seen these comments before. I just called them and cancelled my "membership." The website specifically said they would not charge the credit card. They must have some hidden fine print that says otherwise. Like Carl Steen wrote above, the movie I really wanted to watch was not on there anyway even though the search said it was. I don't fall for many - if any - of these. Biggest scam ever. I told the chick on the phone that I was going to have the charges reversed through my bank. At least I'm going to try.
 15th of Jun, 2014 by   Hmf- 0 Votes
quickfilmz.com is a scam! Sign up to a 5 day trial and you'll find that they only have a handful if movies available and not the one you initially searched for. Then they charge you a monthly fee and when you try to log in to cancel the so-called membership they suddenly can't find your details. This is a complete scam, stay away!
 15th of Jul, 2014 by   Moviefool 0 Votes
This site is crap. I also got directed to it when looking for a specific movie to watch. After signing up for the free five day trial, I realized immediately that the only movies offered were movies that no one has ever heard of and they have absolutely nothing to offer that I had even heard of. I immediately canceled the trial membership, but was still billed the $1.03. I will be watching my checking account closely to make sure that there are no other charges and have actually logged in twice now just to cancel and re-cancel. Definite scam!
 2nd of Aug, 2014 by   oluwole 0 Votes
I also recently looked at my account details and realised I was having
different amounts of money debited from my account. from quickfilmz.com . On
investigating this service I realised it was a company that I tried to
download a movie from even though the download was unsuccessful.
unknowingly I gave them free reign to deduct money from my account. I
checked this website this evening and found that it was a few days free
trial that I supposedly signed up to and from then on I would be charged
monthly!! Never did I see this information and never would I have let
it go after the "free trial" period if I was advised. i have been charged$49.50 since i went to this god forbidden site and i feel completely ripped off.moreso, sine i never downloaded a single movie or nothing from this fraud-site
someone that can, should please fight these scheming thieves .
i live in Africa, and getting to fight these sort of fraud from over here is like trying to find a needle in an hay stack.
 1st of Nov, 2014 by   Waverley 0 Votes
I found out about this scam when I checked my credit card account for a different matter. I found the $1.05 charge on the 20th and the $50 charge on the 25th. What puzzles me is that I don't recall ever signing up for this "service", nor do I recall giving out my card number, a 16-digit item that I would certainly remember doing. As a security measure, I do not keep it on my computer at all nor any other sensitive data - bank account numbers etc. As far as I can ascertain, this organisation is Russian in origin and the head office is in a tax haven in the Caribean. I have cancelled my subscription to the "service", removed a cookie relating to them from the browser and finally removed and re-installed the browser, since that is likely to have been corrupted by a virus originating from these scammers.

Waverley
 9th of Dec, 2014 by   reallly not happy 0 Votes
SCAM SCAM SCAM, everyone should check this site before signing up with these con merchants. Signed up for a 5 day free trial and within 2days they had charged my credit card which went undetected until the credit card statement came in. Contacted them to say that this wasn't fair or legal and they sent some bumf back saying that the registration hadn't been completed, so really in essence should they have really charged me????? Could do with finding out who regulates these idiots and get them stopped ASAP.
 9th of Dec, 2014 by   Barbara Anne Taylor 0 Votes
Me too - a few days' free(!!!) trial and, without my knowledge, two more monthly deductions, although the original movie I was after was "not available in NZ". They stated to my bank that I must have seen the advice that I had to cancel after the trial period or they would bill me, therefore the bank will not be able to investigate without a high investigation fee. I cannot prove I did not get this warning. These are operating on the periphery of the law and the offers are a trap.
 16th of Dec, 2014 by   tami59 0 Votes
Kész átverés az OTP-bankszámlámról levontak 50$-és semmit nem kaptam. Ügyes-nagyon ügyes ne dÅ‘ljetek be!!!
 16th of Dec, 2014 by   tami59 0 Votes
Nagy Becsapás az egész-OTP bank hitelkártyámról levontak 50 $-és semmit nem kaptam! Ügyes nagyon ügyes magyarok tanuljatok !
 25th of Feb, 2015 by   pin1 0 Votes
Have you still been charged after you cancel the membership?
 6th of Apr, 2015 by   MegD 0 Votes
Since my first complaint posted here in 2012 I have had numerous people from all over the world contact me asking me how to get their money back or how to stop quickfilmz from deducting more money from their accounts. Simply send them an email info@quickfilmz.com and tell them to stop. If you haven't watched any of their movies after unknowingly signing up they have to refund your money. You can also ring your bank and request that quickfilmz is blocked from deducting any monies from your account. Good luck to all and please don't give up, the company is deceitful and out to dupe the unsuspecting customer.

Time Running Out for Home Buyer Tax Credit