logo

Home Depot
Practicing Bigotry
4. (1 hr 6 mins ago)
Light In The Box
Poor Customer Service/Dress made wrong the wrong size!
5. (1 hr 22 mins ago)

PurePlay
San Francisco, California
Phone: 800-804-4817
pureplay.com
When I first joined several months ago. I would win sometimes. Enough to keep paying to play. But since the site has changed I never win money games. I alway win point games and game to get into the large money games. I have notice the play is different from game to game.

Most of the time in a money game I will win some points at the beginning, but when it gets down to the last 50 players the hands change and it gets harder to get a good hand. I get the feeling that the site is set up to allow a person to have a little fun but not to win anything. So I have stopped paying to play and play the lower games to try to pay for playing but even at that level it hard to win.

I sent them an email to let them know I wouldn't be paying to play. They responded back and still continue to send me emails wanting money from me to play. I have done this before to them. But a few months ago I referred my mother to them and they gave me 50 for the referral so I used that to play. I have played poker for several yrs and have read several books. I know I'm not the average player I should be able to make enough to pay to play.

I would like to see them investigated and to hear back if anything is wrong with this site.
Comments United States Gambling Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Nov, 2008 by   eric -1 Votes
I have played with pureplay since their first tournement under the "Vault" it is now over 5 years. I haven't read any book and definetely not a lucky player and won all my money with pureplay by being patient and consistant. It looks like to me that you still have a lot of growing up to do. So instead of whinning because you can't seem to win maybe you should concentrate in learning how to really play poker against thousands of other people that are thinking the same way as you do..." I am not the average player !!!"

Cordially
 12th of Nov, 2008 by   Kevin B. -1 Votes
LMAO!!! ENUFF with these kindsa posts plastered all over the web. The lovable conspiracy theory donkeys.

I also have played at pureplayfor a few years now and have cashed a number of times. I am not 'above average' nor even a 'great' player by any means. That's the key for me as I know I always have a lot to learn to get beter.

Carl Davis, if you were as good as you like to believe you would be cashing too. I'm not really seeing anything in your post as to what you think exactly is wrong with the site, just that you're another frustrated Donk who doesn't win every hand, so you blame it on something else.

Be patient Carl, read some books on strategy and think about what your doing at the tables. Patience, critical thinking and experience is the only way to become the "not the average player " you would like to be and maybe some day you'll "be able to make enough to pay to play".

KevB67
 16th of Nov, 2008 by   pureplay sucks +1 Votes
You know what i think?
It is rigged, and the RNG is not even doing a good job.
Come on men, compare pureplay with UB and Pokerstars,
how many bad beats can you get at pureplay in 1 game?
111000 times.
They are not legit period!

You must be working for pureplay not to see how bad it is.
 10th of Jan, 2009 by   oschernikau +1 Votes
Your stupid internet players piss me off too. You think you know how to play poker because you are the "average player" or even below. If you EVER cash online...you are a terrible poker player PERIOD. Internet poker is not poker whatsoever, and I do not care what you say. I will say that if you cash, you are good, or at least above average at playing internet poker, which is an ENTIRE different breed of playing poker. I play a LOT of poker at casinos and bars every week and have NEVER seen even close to as bad of beats that I have seen on this site in a month. Most reviews online say that this site is rigged, and it remains completely out of the spotlight when it comes to poker sites. This site does "suposedly" give money frequently to players for nothing, and i think that this IS the ONLY reason people continue to play here. Far more rigged than other online sites as far as hundreds of hours at other sites versus this site for a month proves. Chase some more internet players...the internet will pay you off...but you are NOT a poker player...simply a person who understands a computers system of poker...but I suppose that is more than i can say when it comes to online poker...
 8th of Feb, 2009 by   ralphreversi +1 Votes
Internet poker does seem to be a lot different. It rewards big gambles and all in bets, which is unfortunate since it ruins the game, in my opinion. I have had to alter my game to win anything online.

Also there seem to be unusual patterns in the way that the cards are dealt. These seem to vary as the game goes on.

My guess is that this is not intentional by the website, but an error by the programmers, who probably are not poker players themselves.
 13th of Mar, 2009 by   playaa -1 Votes
Pureplay's OK. www.nlop.com is better - lots of money to be won in much smaller tourneys. One RNG is just as good as the other. I want smaller tourneys that are easier to win.
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   b.e. minor +1 Votes
Whether its PurePlay, Poker Starz, FullTilt or whatever...These sites are all rigged to the roof. And, anyone that takes the time to write their heartfelt rebuttal of this obvious truth works for these thieves in some capacity. One of the problems with recognizing how blatant this has become is the response of these folks that attempt to make the offended party feel "paranoid" and less than skilled. Give me a fucking break. A "skilled" player doesn't fold an AK suited in late position to an all-in raise by a 24 off only to see a flop come A-3-9, a turn of a J, and you guessed it--a 5 on the river. This scenario is played out online over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. There is no way to protect your hand as hands are virtually unprotectable from this bullshit called a random generator.
These people are nothing more than thieves. If you say any different--then me be the first to ask for your home phone number so I can give you a call and I can let you know what I think of you and yours.
 27th of May, 2009 by   ralphreversi +1 Votes
I think pureplay just doesn't get it. They just don't care, as long as enough money keeps rolling in.
 1st of Jun, 2009 by   Marty70 +1 Votes
Pureplay gaming is differnt if you are a member or not.

You will win until they get your month subscription off your credit card.

Beleive me, I won like 20 games a day versus 2 games a day ... member vs non-member

I was also going to win the 5000$ tourney and feel like a GM came to my table and riped me off.

not just a feeling, a real fact.

Pureplay = rip off.

Marty70
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   the truth +1 Votes
total rip off i knew the 2nd i got an email smart enuff to nort waste a dime
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   m. plambeck +1 Votes
I agree with b.e. minor, anyone who would purport that the play is fair and random is a fucking tool! I play at this site frequently, merely documenting play statistics. I win, so all you puppets that say all those who complain are just crying because they lost. The trick to winning at this bogus site is the patience of JOB and then some, but a head-head showdown should not take hours! Roughly 90, yes 90% of the time, the short stack on the table when going all in as the initiator will win, and when...you guessed it..the fricking river. You cant protect against that because the software rewards reckless and agressive play with continued high cards. I am going to contact one the internet gamblers advocate sites and suggest they submit a challenge to pureplay...Have the math department at MIT do a study of their RNG algorithms, monitor play secretly and then post their findings related to mathematical probabilities. What I don't understand is, if this site is legal, why then cannot a class action lawsuit be brought to stop these crooks. The only thing I am bitter about is the fact that I cannot confront these assholes myself and let them spin the fucking lie of we take the utmost care to ensure the fairness of our play... then beat the asshole senseless. Here's one for you, about 1 week ago while playing, I was dealt pocket A's...(are you ready)...6 FUCKING TIMES IN A ROW. Please somebody post here just what the astronomical fucking odds of that are!! (by the way, I believe I only won about 30% of those, beaten of course by a straight on the river!! I welcome any of you "koolaid drinking" assholes to come and rebut this comment. The level of greed and deception in this world, anymore, just literally blows me away. Bring it fuckers! I'm OUT.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   GPW123 0 Votes
The site pureplay is F-U-C-K-E-D the people who made this site are crooks why not call it what it is " give us your money so we can rip you off". Players beware don't get a subscription. the odds to winning a money tourney is about 10% .When I was a 10$ tourney I tracked my hands out of 60 hands and only won three. I'm not saying every hand was shity they were just good enough to make me think I could win, but someone always one-upped me. It wasn't all that bad I learned a lot about poker I learned a lesson if assholes can cheat THEY WILL CHEAT.
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   jodiglenn 0 Votes
Be aware that Pure Play is an unethical company. I played at Pure Play for years until my state was no longer allowing me to be more than a basic player. On occasion I check back and look to see if my state has been unblocked. The other night I redownloaded the software and was given an immediate option to purchase a package. There were 3 to chose from. I thought this was a new membership package and bought the $50.00 one. To my suprise when the sofware completed I was still a basic member and realised they had just sold me play chips for $50.00. I emailed immediatly telling them to reverse these charges but was responded to that oh well we are not giving you your money back. Basically --to bad! Why? Why would anyone buy play chips? Why would this company want to keep the money of a player that did not understand she was buying just play chips? I am so disgusted with Pure Play! Never again will I and anyone I can get to listen play on this site.
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   purebullish.com +1 Votes
Pureplay does suck very bad. I play all the time and have noticed things that happen all the time. Im not retarted and it can be chance that this stuff happens that im about to tell u. Lets see they make up the cards as they go for sure. If u have a pocket pair -someone else has pocket pair every time bascially, not real. Next there is a set on the board like everyhand not real again. THey favor big stacks over low stacks. PUreplay is the home of the river and they site even says that people will catch the river more than a real game. ??? THey recycle cards if u have say 1010 and dont hit, 1010 will come on the flop next hand ????????. Um what else, If u are suited u will catch a great hand maybe not a flush but u will catch something. I have won money on the site enough to pay for the year so im not complaining because i suck at poker lol poker is so easy a baby could play so for all u people saying that kid sux and they u are poker prodigys dont make me laugh, u dont have to be a rocket scientist to know what hands beat what, poker is all luck and no skill unless u have special powers and can tell the future lol. So there is cheaters on these high roll poker websites so why wouldnt there be any online cheaters on a no risk but u can win good money website???????????????????????????? there is lol and the best person on there won 12k over like 3 years so if ur tryin to get rich off pureplay go some where else like full tilt or pokerstars. If u check what i just said u will notice what i said is all true . If 3 people go all in together and two have the same hand the one person with the different hand will win i have also noticed. There is many flaws on pureplay.com. THeir rng does suck very bad due to what i have said and they say other website use the same program well i hope not cause it sux it must be texas instruments first cpu because the things that happen are so fake and not real, i guess its 2009 and they havent figured how to shuffle cards online??
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   purebullish.com 0 Votes
O WAIT I FORGOT LOL THE MOST OBVIOUS FLAW WITH PUREPLAY.COM, WHY DOES THE LOSER ALWAYS AND I MEAN MORE THAN %75 OF THE TIME HIT THEIR CARD??????????????????????????????????????????????? Y, THEY DONT WIN WHEN THEY HIT THEY CARD, THEY STILL LOSE BUT IT IS JUST ODD AND PECULIAR, HOW TO LOOK THAT WORD UP TO SPELL IT LOL BUT THIS JUST SHOWS THAT PUREPLAY OR THEIR DUMB ASS CPU PROGRAM MAKES UP THE CARDS AS IT GOES NOT RANDOM AT ALL BUT TOTAL OPPOSITE, PICKED BY THE STUPID CPU PROGRAM. I KNOW LIKE ALL THE A HOLES SAY IF U DONT LIKE IT DONT PLAY HERE LOL WELL I DO IT LIKE IT EVEN THO IT IS A BUNCH OF BULL JIVE. ALSO IF U PAY ATTENTION U WILL SEE IM NOT RETARDED AND ACTUALLY AM RIGHT!!!
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   purebullish.com 0 Votes
now im noticing when i play two games at once, i get the same hand at both table at the same time?????????????????????????????????///another wierd thing about pureplay.
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   Lizard of Ahaz 0 Votes
I have been playing at pure play for 2 months now and have found they are pure scam . You are constantly bombarded with viruses and adware or diverted to fakes " anti-spyware " sites . The company refuses to stop these and most of the advertising is flashy scams saying you won or get a free laptop " participation required of course " . The BBB should be ashamed of themselves for giving these criminals an rating of A- and the State Attorney General should be issuing search warrants to gain evidence for prosecution of the owners . The only way you are allowed ot get decent hands is biut accepting their " software " or joining their " players club " . In play tonight I had one winning hand in 5 tournaments and was diverted twice once while in the middle of a hand when a ad blocked the controls as I tried to close it and another time by the fake spyware . I have also had nights when I have received the exact same two hole cards three times in a row so I am not convinced that the play is actually random . I am however convinced that they allow new accounts to win at first by adjusting the odds in their favor and then as the account ages adjusting the odds to try and force you to join their " players club " .
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   the truth 0 Votes
This website is such a joke it cost me a labtop as i punched the screen in rage. Do yourself a favor and avoid at all costs. Unless you like playing people that call with anything and win against good hands 90% of the time.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   reddevil147 +1 Votes
i was playing online poker for about 5 years and the system just rapes your chips from you, its bs, pure bs, i never ever won anything to write home about in all that time and decided to try out live poker, and boy, am i glad i did, live poker makes true sense and im a profitable player playing live, but when it comes to online poker i just get raped and raped and raped no matter how well i play or whatever cards i hold and from whatever position, the system finds a way to rape me every single time, period.
to all the newcomers who are deciding to get into online poker then listen to players like me who have the experience, and all that i can say to you is that you are going to lose, you might get lucky with a few good wins at the start but the system will and i mean will screw you.

i used to read what i have just typed at the start of my online poker career and used to think "yeah whatever, they must have lost a fortune to keep complaing like they do" but now i can see exactly what they mean and where they are coming from now, its true what they used to type about in the forums where these online sites are an invisible fraud.

so all of you who dont believe what im typing then please be my guest and try it out for yourselves, and i will gaurantee you that you will end up getting screwed right up your ringer. may i wish you all the badbeats that your going to get and may i wish you all that your gonna have your bankroll taken away from you like candy from a baby.
all those who stick up for these fraud sites such as full tilt, poker stars, ub, absolute etc they are in denial and they just want to let others know that there doing well, when in truth there not, theres just one winner and thats the online poker site. and also theres another kind who stick up for these corrupt sites and thats the employees who work for these theives. keep your money in your pocket for live and you'll be surprised, keep away from these online theiving bastards.
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   aaron vella-whelan 0 Votes
i also have been playing on pureplay for about 6 months now.once i seen that they had a chance to win a ten thousand dollar seat at the wsop event in vegas i played every single day to get into that final to try my chances at winning that seat however when i finaly do win both rounds placing first in the qualifer and then placing second in the semi i had wrote to them asking them if i was in the final because i got no conformation that i was and i got a reply saying yes that i was regestered in the final even though i didnt regester for the final by myself they just told me that i was.so the final comes which was today febuary 7th 2010 the tourney was supose to start at 3pm so 3pm comes along and goes and i am not in the final so i email them and tell them i was supose to sitting in the tourney and i get an email back asking me why do i think i was in that tourney.. ??.. sensless bull shit from them.. so i write back to them explaining to them that they had sent me 2 emails verifying that i was in the final so i get that email twice so i respond to them and forward them the 2 emails saying that i was supose to be ther and i have not heard back from them yet.. this site is a scam and aload of fucking bollox and i am thinking about getting a lawyer and going forward with doing something about this.i have read every ones discution about pure play above and to me it feels like its the rite thing to do..

How To Spot Cosmetic Product Scams