logo

Corporation For Character
Misleadingly Vague "survey"
2. (7 mins ago)
3Psychics.com Scam FRAUD Spell Rip Off Spellcaster Crime Gang 1-877-398-0778
3Psychics.com took my money and stopped answering my calls!
3. (11 mins ago)
JDNETT PROFITS
FRAUD
4. (15 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
5. (16 mins ago)
forevermetals.com
Bad quality rings and slow delivery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

ProFlowers

Posted: 2011-01-31 by    jennifer626

Outrageous shipping charges

ProFlowers
I have been a customer of ProFlowers for many years and regularly purchased gifts for friends and family. When I saw the promotion entitled "40% off -- it's time to send a gift!" I went online and selected a 2-day package comprised of a floral arrangement and dipped strawberries. I saw that the "free" vase would have an additional shipping fee associated with it, so I selected "no vase". I filled out all the forms and got to the last page to review my order, then was startled by the total amount.

The "standard delivery" charge was $12.99 -- pretty high and definitely higher than competitors. Then, though I had selected "no vase, " the site reinserted my "free" vase (highlighting it at the top of the page like it was a great deal) then charged me $1.63 for promotional vase shipping. The capper was yet ANOTHER charge of $2.99 for "care and handling"?! I have to pay extra for ProFlowers not to drop the products as they put them in the box for shipment? Wow -- nearly $18 just to get my gift to the recipient, where the gift itself just cost $64. That means ProFlowers is charging 28% of the purchase price to deliver the product.

I closed down the page and did not complete the order. I believe the way ProFlowers advertised this promotion while slipping in all these additional charges borders on deceptive trade practices. I definitely will not be doing business with the company again until it charges fair and reasonable shipping fees that are clearly disclosed to its customers.
Comments United States Flowers Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Jan, 2011 by   jennifer626 +1 Votes
@Stealth Pilot: I'm well aware how the site works. This is how nearly all floral delivery sites operate. As I said, I've been ordering from ProFlowers for many years. The "care and handling" fee was just added (though they used local florists that entire time), the standard delivery charge has gone way up, and they tried to charge extra for a vase I had specifically said I did not want.
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   jennifer626 0 Votes

5th of Feb, 2012 by   scam bastards +1 Votes
What a scumbag website... they force you to go throught 10 pages entering everything before they will disclose delivery charges, shipping charges, bs charges... I entered fake information once I saw the scam and went on to discover their 19.95 flowers were 60.00 once you entered everytrhing to get to the last page...scumbags... put em outa business...
 6th of Feb, 2012 by   jennifer626 +1 Votes
@Scam Bastards: You are exactly right. They wait to the end to hit you with all the hidden charges. Really appalling how this "reputable" company tries to twist your arm into paying these usurious fees; they figure you've gone so far in the process you won't back out now. Glad you're out there to show others how *deceptive* this business practice is.

Madoff Admits Running 50bn Scam