Pottery Barn Ivory Felt Shag Rug

Extreme Small and Shedding

Pottery Barn Williams and Sonoma
We own a shag rug from Pottery Barn. The rug has been extremely smelly over 1 year and has been shedding for the time we had it. Eventually the weird smell went away and we thought the shedding would disappear also. I am vacuuming the rug every other day to keep the shedding under control. Christmas we had friends over with a baby. We were all in the room and out of the sudden the baby started to cough etc. We discovered that the baby had lots of the carpet wool in her mouth and we had to dig it out. Thankfully nobody got hurt because she was under immediate supervision. So I called PB 4x and was rudely treated because the carpet was a present ($1000) and I did not have the receipt. At the beginning of January I eventually got a person on the line (after sending numerous emails, offering to send photos of the tags and the carpet and offering to send them my collected sheddings - from a day worth and out of the babies mouth!) But NOTHING. Anyhow, Harriet Wilson helped me and assured me that she would pass it along to the legal dept and they would get in touch with me. All I was asking for was to replace this faulty carpet. She told me I should wait 2-3 weeks. 4 weeks later I called again and talked to her and again, she asked me to wait. On Feb 21 I called (my first contact with her was Jan 10) and had to be very persistent. She "was not on her desk" twice and I asked to be called back by her. She did and said that there is nothing they can do because they need proof of purchase!!! I asked for the address of the department and she told me to send another email!!!
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United States Complaint category Furniture

18th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Do you know the name of the rug? Is it the Benson Rug? I have a Pottery Barn Shag rug (It's the Benson Rug) and it shed's EVERYDAY! I am also in the process of trying to complain to PB and to get a refund. So far I have gotten the run around. I have 2 dogs and they get sick all the time because they eat the balls of shed that come off the rug. I have even told them that I would send them the shag sheddings everyday if I had too in order to prove how bad the rug is.

I spoke with my local PB store and the sales associate actually told me they discourage people from buying the shag rugs! You know there is an issue when their sales associates discourage a purchase!

17th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes

Pottery Barn - misleading pictures
Pottery Barn

I ordered a lamp from website. The picture clearly showed copper trim .Since my sun room features copper accents I thought what a perfect fit! The lamp arrived and it was brass . The base of the glass lamp is non existent
. It is just a big opening. I am very disappointed. I call customer service and they say after an extremely long wait that anything that ends in 99 cannot be returned. What kind of rule is that? Needless to say I have a $172.+ lamp I will be donating or putting in a yard sale. My first and last experience with pottery barn!
 19th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes

Pottery Barn - Shipping Mis-Representation

Despite the bold ad at the top of the page "Get it Before Christmas" they claim that it didn't apply to my item. What's even worse, this is what it says on my item's page:
Delivery Information
For standard delivery of items in stock, UPS will deliver as quickly as 5 business days. Items shipped to Alaska, Hawaii and US Territories will take longer, and are delivered by UPS or USPS at our regular fees, with an additional charge of $10. Some heavy or oversized items cannot be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states. For these addresses or APO or FPO addresses, call our Sales Department at 1.888.779.5176.
This turned out not to be true. In addition, at checkout it read "please allow 5 days for delivery." Again not true.
Customer service was extremely rude and not helpful at all. As of right now, I can expect my item "sometime in January."
 25th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes

Pottery Barn - Over Rated
Pottery Barn

I am disappointed in response and attitude by store and corporate staff. I was told I'd receive a response via phone in a couple of days. Over a week later, still no call. Had to go through the whole routine multiple times, only to be decline in the end. Other stores are much better about refund/store credit options. People seem to equate Pottery Barn with quality, but I'm not seeing all that much. Other stores that are less expensive are just as good, if not better. I won't shop PB or WS again. They don't appreciate their customers enough.
 25th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes

Potterybarnkids.com - Every single piece of furniture arrived with major imperfections

I cannot count how many baby beds + dressers Pottery Barn Kids attempted to deliver and leave with us. Every single piece of furniture arrived with major imperfections. I was left to assume the heat made the stain/finish bubble and run. A few arrived with scratches. This is the very last issue you want to end up dealing with pregnant. Needless to say, we ended up bringing home our baby to an unfinished nursery which was a complete nightmare when you're preparing, nesting and bringing home your bundle of joy. At least they refunded us.

Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma Logo Pottery Barn / Williams-Sonoma