logo

dresswe.com
No communication at all
3. (22 mins ago)
Etihad Airways
No food provided on board
4. (24 mins ago)

Posted:    Steve Murphy

unrealistic hands

Adelaide, South Australia
Australia
I would like to complain about the unrealistic hands that continue to come up on more than frequent occasions that is not and con not be random. I have just one of the pictures of the hands and the table of what continually seems to happen.

There is no way this can happen on the amount of occassions it happens. I play a lot in real life and i am lucky to see Aces versus Kings once every 2 weeks if i played every day, and yet when i play on line i see it every day i play. The argument that seems to always come back is that you see more hands on line which is true but i do not spend that much time on line, i am talking about playing about 120 hands on line, which is what i would play double this amount on the nights i play live games.

If you look hard enough you will see some clear evidence that these sites are not fair. The hand attached clearly shows that the only winner was the rake, all other players lost. The hand was played out as such, AA versus KK versus QQ in which all the players bet all they could pre flop, then the community cards flopped a straight of which every one got their money back less the rake.

Poker Stars

Comments Australia Gambling Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Oct, 2009 by   anjarew +1 Votes
I play live poker a lot. One day I decided to try internet poker and I could not believe the BS hands that came up way too often. These internet sites are not regulated, I don't care what anybody says. The bottom line is to get as many players in one hand as possible to maximize the rake. I gave up after 15 minutes of internet poker.
 15th of Nov, 2009 by   hago +1 Votes
this is absolutely correct further more challenging any player with a higher chip count to an all in is in almost all cases a certain loss as the computer sweeps the field of low scoring players this i imagine is to bring these tournaments to a close in an appropriate time frame this is not a random guess on my behalf i have tested this theory in many tournaments it wont matter the two cards you or your opponent start with if he has more chips he will win the computer program is designed to clear players in tournaments where i dont challenge players with more chips im quite successful at reaching the high end of tournaments
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   whosenameisitanyway +2 Votes
I've heard some hilarious theories from losing players in the past...

I have seen and been on both ends of magic hands and bad beats... online and live.

Anybody who thinks that these companies would risk being caught doing such a thing are mad. News travels so quickly on the internet, they would practically bust overnight.

Remember altavista?
No they weren't cheating... they were just the de facto search engine for most of the internet (circa 1993-4)... Then... one day somebody in the office said "have you tried google?"... "who?" I asked... and in a blink the world and his dog switched to another search...

If there was a leak, or absolute proof that these things were happening, do you not think the poke forums would be full of it? Why would anybody be stupid enough to go back there?

Where in you opinion is fair?

Not going all-in against monster stacks in a tournament, is usually wehat is referred to as good tournament play. Every time you go all-in... you flip the coin... and risk your tournament... or doesn't your paranoia allow you to see that?
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   Stars should be closed +2 Votes
OMG, yes they claim random deals and random cards. BS. There is no such thing on line anywhere. The technology is not there. Why does someone get to 20k in chips in the first 5 mins of a tourney on line? Ill tell you why, they play thier seat, not poker. Certain seats are gonna win regardless of the cards. There are so many bs plays that get paid off constantly it is quite pitiful. They will also say, like the dummy above, that more hands dealt means more of this kind of crap. WRONG!!! Nice try at an attempt to justify crappy software. The bottom line is, if you want to play REAL poker stick to live play and let all the poker pros make asses out of themselves promoting sites that are NOT real poker. All of these sites should be ashamed of themselves and the owners jailed for representing something that they aren't. In my opinion, anyone that puts money on these sites is just plain STUPID.
 4th of Feb, 2010 by   DotAMatic +2 Votes
Yes Poker Stars is by far one of the more idiotic sites on line. The site is not certified by COGRA for a reason I believe. The software is simply put...not real poker. Its not a random shuffle either as you see the same seats winning hand after hand after hand. And if you pay close attention there are patterns galore. You get dealt the same hands over and over again, the same suits hit the board in the same tournies over and over again, and the board pairs constantly on stars taking away any creditable poker odds...its pitiful. The rake and fees they take for tournies is just wrong as you have a one in six chance of getting one of these "hot" seats. Do they care??? Nope, it gives everyone, no matter how good they are, a chance to win as long as they know how to play thier seat. Wonder why the poker magazines have never written about all this???? Look inside the mags...its all advertising from on line sites. If they publish anything negative, the dollars go bye bye. And there isnt much said about this on the boards cause most of the idiots playing on these sites think they have a "one up" on everyone, they know its all about the seat, so do 70% of the rest of the people playing on the site...LOL. And as far as the pros that stake thier reputations promoting these sites??? LMAO Eventually they will make the hall of shame, not the hall of fame. All of this will come out in proper technical fashion, and when it does, watch the pros run for cover. LOL
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   human rights for poker +1 Votes
haha pokerstars is no way a random site i have played live games for years and lets face it you just dont see the type of good hands come out all the time like that... Pokerstars is ruining the game of poker and a good hand is no longer a good hand ! dont get me wrong here every now and then your good hand in a live game gets beat but on pokerstars its a constant battle of good hands and nothing is worth an all in cos its who they choose to win no matter what you got! it is a pile of s**t (please pardon my expression but thats how i feel) and what a laugh the pro making 100'000 dollars from 5 dollars its easy when pokerstars makes sure he's gonna do it as the publicity it generates can only enrich pokerstars even more... it made me laugh when i found out they were based in the Isle of Man which as far as i know is a tax haven and unregulated for sure. they even use 3rd party sources to take ur money from ur bank and you dont know who you are handing your precious details to and when i questioned them over money been taken from my account they wouldnt investigate it without me sending them a copy of my statement!!! why should they need my bank statement??? surely the so sophisticated award winning pokerstars should be able to check this at the touch of a button or 2 !!! no i totally agree with you dotamatic and its about time the internet police started checking these sites out as we are clearly been taken for a ride..
 8th of May, 2010 by   yellodress +1 Votes
I've played online poker on and off for about a year or so now. I also play live pretty often, but I'm coming to accept that the games online such as PS and FT are "unrealistic". The closes casino near me is 45 minutes away, plus I love being able to play in the comfort of my own home. I really wanted to believe that the sites are unbiased, but the facts and my experience say otherwise. I reluctantly deposited and played again today. I'm not complaining because of the RIDICULOUS suckouts I received. But the pattern of it was so predictable. I got PP AA and PP KK back to back and lost both times, both times all in preflop. The caller was a LAG who was playing hands like 45 suited both pots were around $80 each.

Next my straight lost to a fullhouse on the river. My pocket 10s did not hold up against PP 8's. The suck outs are so often that they have become predictable. It's almost like you're all in and your looking at the screen thinking "here it comes", the miracle card for your opponent.

I had my doubts about online sites before, but tonight has confirmed everything for me. I am not going to be someone who complains and goes back to give them my money. I will make that extra 45 min drive and save myself this feeling of stupidly giving them my money. What sucks is that I"m not a bad live player. I"m not the best, but I'm not bad.

My advice is to save your money, and just go somewhere near you to play live. These are not designed to favor any particular person, but they are designed to favor the rake. You might find yourself winning today, as I did for awhile, but sooner or later, you'll give it back. TRUST ME.
 15th of May, 2010 by   jasonril +1 Votes
come on..this is bullshit...im runnin the table then all the sudden he gets five in a row...not posible...really...
 11th of Sep, 2010 by   foldormanup +2 Votes
There is a guy who claims he has cracked the poker stars code. He says there is no way what anyone is playing online is real poker. The software these online poker sites are using cannot deal all the possible deck sequences available. He claims you can manipulate your tournament luck if you pay attention to your overall winning percentage. Since it is impossible to deal a fair, random poker game, they have added a few sub routines to even things out. Anyway, yes, online poker is rigged. One because their software is inferior, and there are people who know how to manipulate it. Two, the hands are dealt to create action, especially in tournament for time purposes, and in rng to make more rake. If u argue this point, you are a fool
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   George55pokerboss -1 Votes
Hahahahaha. Everyone on here whe believes Pokerstars is a hoax is out of their mind. No offense, but these type of things happen to people who play in massive tournies with a $2 buy in. There are going to be complete idiots who play reckless and raise all in every hand. Ofcourse one day they are going to get lucky and win some hands. How about you try playing the $25 buy ins and up and you will quickly notice that only a few idiots play in these. Only in the freerolls and the $2 buy ins do you see a player with a 20x buy in stack within the first 10 minutes. Learn to play online poker before you begin complaining about a site such as Pokerstars.
 13th of Nov, 2010 by   TRUTHTOLD 0 Votes
First off, you should not play poker online or via any way that a computer chooses the cards for you. The computer relies on random number so tchose the cards and in computer programmining, which believe me i nonw about, there is no such thing as "random". Any poker site that claims that they do not have anyting to do with the cards be dealt is purely lying to you!!! Trust me on this, I do computer programing fo a living and I know all about computers and the way they work!!!.
 17th of Dec, 2010 by   pokerstars victim +2 Votes
pokerstars should rename there site to jokerstars or riverstars 99% of all hands im leading with lose on the river its so sad that i can sit there and see the river kill my hand
 18th of Dec, 2010 by   pokerstars victim +1 Votes
here i am again just finished 2 tournys on jokerstars watched my tournys end the same predictable way better hands pre flop get crushed on the river jokerstars have got to be shamed all those pros that support it should be ashamed of there names being attatched to this fixed site
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   thegooch +2 Votes
what i hate the most is when your low on chips and u get a "good hand" lets say a pair of kings pre flop...9 out of 10 times the chip leader at the table has a pair of aces. Pokerstars definitely sets u up for failure. if u wanna learn how to play poker, online is not the place at all. The first professional i see face to face with a pokerstars shirt on might catch a laptop upside the head
 29th of Jan, 2011 by   jacksimps +1 Votes
Poker stars is the biggest joke of the poker world. You arent playing poker, you are playing your seat against a computer generated piece of crap program. Poker odds dont apply because the board pairs 80% of the time and an ace hits the board 60% of the time. 50 million people play poker but only 250 thousand are on joker stars. That kinda says it all doesnt it?
 15th of Feb, 2011 by   smith45133 +1 Votes
I played on Poker Stars for about a year, When I stared I played a few months and I was getting bad beat after bad beat. At least that is what Poker Stars calls them, I call them sucker hands. They try to get 3 to 4 players in on every hand to make a big rake for them. Anyway I complained to poker stars and nothing was done so I quit playing for over a year. I just started playing again a couple months ago and after I was out of pocket again for $80.00 I complained to them about a player named "rs03rs03" this player has played on Poker Stars for less than 2 years, he/she plays 30 tables at a time and has played over 967, 276 games and Poker Stars claims it isn't a bot! I was born at night but it wasn't lastnight! This player plays 24/7 non-stop it isn't possible. That equals 55 games per hour 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 2 years. Do you think that is possible? This leaves no time to eat, sleep, bathe, or step away from the computer. And yet poker Stars still believes it is a real player. Anyway I complained so much they closed my account and kept the $18.00 that was left in it. I think they are nothing but crooks. If you are an American you don't stand a chance, Americans are cash cows for them. When congress stopped online poker for a few months in 2009 Poker Stars stock dropped 60% even though Poker Stars claims American players only make up 17% of the 250, 000 players that play on poker stars. Think about that for a minute.
 23rd of Feb, 2011 by   05689 0 Votes
poker stars is a joke. Stay away from this site. save your $$. After looking up some comments i started observing my games very closely and noticed a pattern of being knocked out of every tournament because I had less Chips then my opponent. Every hand and I mean several different tournaments I got knocked out on the River by my opponent because he had more chips than me.
 27th of Feb, 2011 by   pokerstars victim +1 Votes
here i am again cancelled my pokerstars account because it was terrible losing constantly so i thought i would try full tilt poker and low and behold it is actually worst than pokerstars iwas rivered so often iasked other players if pokerstars had bought them so for future referance dont play full tilt river poker
 6th of Apr, 2011 by   muahdib_xx 0 Votes
Most defenetly agree. But there is an explanation. with 52 card u can make around 2, 5 bilion combination of 5 cards. on average on poker stars, there are more than 200.000 players sitting at 30-40.000 tables...can u imagine how many combinations are there posible? pokers stars should have 10-20 times the computing power of NASA to handle all that shuffling of so many cards. not only that they have to deal the cards but they have to determinet who's the winner. so the solution is to handle not al those posibilities but to handle small packages of combinations, prefabricated combinations, allready knew.
 9th of Apr, 2011 by   Bluebulldog77 0 Votes
Online poker is a joke! Just take Pokerstars for example...Scheinberg the 70% owner is wanted for internet gambling fraud, The endorsed pros rarely play there, the bad beats r unreal, the rake is criminal, and all pokerstars employees r part owners! Way 2 many redflags 2 think pokerstars is a fair game! If u defend these criminal sites...u r either one of the donks who has no clue how 2 play winning poker or your one of the employees which means u r one of the owners! Get Real people and wake up, the truth will come out and then all these criminals will get there rammings in prison instead of handing them out 2 all the good players who try 2 win on these criminal sites!

Several Tips How to Avoid Internet Scams