logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Columbia Asia Hospital (Malaysia-Bukit Rimau)
Lousy Staff / Doctor Services
2. (43 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account
3. (46 mins ago)

Plenty of Fish Contacts & Informations

Plenty of Fish

Posted:    cityc

account

They deleted my account without reason and or warning. They will not answer my inquiries

Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Nov, 2008 by   D +1 Votes
They did the same to me recently. Didn't answer my enquiry either. I'm thinking it's some kind of sin to them if a man wearing blue jeans isn't wearing a shirt... it's okay though for chicks to wear bikinis... I haven't been able to get another profile going either, it lasts a couple hours and it disappears. Does their computer know where the profiles come from?
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   Larry +2 Votes
They banned me from the forums for no good reason.
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   Larry +2 Votes
I posted my social event on thier forums and YAYAwhatever baned me until 2010
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   Roskay +1 Votes
I have been suspended from the forums by Trappedonbayst because I used dashes to preceed my posts. Thats right, dashes! No where is it written in the Rules of Forums that you cannot use dashes to preceed your forum posts. How stupid. He could have easily asked me to stop using them and I would have, no problem. But no, I am "banned from posting for 3 days" and being forced to "think about it."
Also got chastisted for private images that weren't even nudes.
Total discrimination, and because it is a free site, cannot even complain to the BBB.
Should sue in the small claims court for damages.
 1st of Jul, 2009 by   Jason M. +2 Votes
I had similar problems with Plent of Fish.
I'm getting into photography lately, and in my profile I said I'm looking for models, amateur r professional, to build up my portfolio. I even paid for 1 year, as serious member. They deleted my account, and when I asked them they said because I was looking for models. Fine. I created the same account again without the request for models ... deleted again. I created a new account ... different email, deleted again.
They're a site open to the public ... they shouldn't descriminate using arbitrary or NAZI tactics! They should state their rules and only delete someone who breaks them, with an explanation as to why!
My guess is Markus, the guy who owns it doesn't condone these practices, and it's his lackeys, who are the narrow minded, control freaks.
 5th of Jul, 2009 by   anonymous453543 +2 Votes
I was also banned a week ago. My account got banned and I had no idea why. I emailed them with my username and asked them why I was banned and got a general email response. So from that email, I assume my email was banned because:
1) I had a hyperlink in my profile
2) I had a pic with my shirt off (I'm a guy, I gotta flex for the ladies. lol)
3) I took a camera phone pic and the camera covered part of my face.

One or all of these reasons is probably why my account was deleted. So I made a new account with the exact same email address. The account didn't have any of the violations listed above nor any violations from the POF rules. But yet, my new account was gone after like a day! No email, no warning, no explanation as to why my account was deleted. All I have to say is...

FUCK PLENYOFFISH.COM! I HOPE MARKUS, THE POF ADMINISTRATOR, DIES SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY! THE POF STAFF ARE SOME FUCKIN SISSY ASS BITCHES!
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   Annie loves Jane and X +1 Votes
I was more or less bullied in POF and to add insult to injury trappedonbayst banned me for inane reasons. If you complain about being banned, he will just add more time to your ban. I have learned just to take the slap on the face.

One time he banned me for complimenting a user because I used her user name. He said I should not make personal comments and use the user's name. This is fair enough but he is banning everyone for the same reason. I don't think so.

When some people are allowed to break the rules and others are not, it sends a bad message. For one thing, as I poster you assume it is okay to do such and such because everyone else is.

But it is personal and if he trapped has taken a disliking to you, you have to play by the rules.

I made some comments about a poster's diet who was concerned about his health. My comments were fair, but no I was banned.

POF does forums poorly. I would vote trapped off the island if it were up to me. He has a big ego but I am not sure his brains match his ego size. Most of all, he is just not fair. He sides with the cyber bullies. People get their kicks on POF on one-ups and trapped supports these people.

I am not sure why anyone would want to be a moderator on that site. They say they are not paid. I am skeptical. I think the mods have a few undercover mods. None of them really have a good grasp of what is going on in the forums and so the bans are random.
 9th of Aug, 2009 by   schuggieduggie +1 Votes
I completely agree, not only does Trappeds ego not match his intelligence, it is only further proved by a message he sent me personally...

Now mind you, he has NEVER EVER responded to me for requests for help, assistance or when racist people on the forums were harassing people with their agendas...but the second I told him he was discriminating he sent me THIS message..

(I attached the pic as well.)

(Mind you, what idiot would do such a thing, you are the MODERATOR jesus.)

I attached a screenshot of the message he sent me...
A moderator who tells members to get over themselves, on a site that now takes credit card payments, yet points out in their privacy policy that they can read your info when they want to...

Hmmmmm...

I have no doubt that if trapped doesn't exist he is Markus, a grown man, who lives in an apartment, though he makes 10mill a year? Meh, its an electronic facsimile of power, used to make people feel important.
Think about it, we are discussing how bad they suck...they may not realize it, but they crave the attention.
 17th of Oct, 2009 by   esteban001 +1 Votes
I was also banned with no reason. we should boycott that site
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   zamo5426 +1 Votes
virus on plenty of fish
 20th of Oct, 2009 by   zamo5426 +1 Votes
had anybody had the same problem with viruses off plenty of fish
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   Robin Lee +2 Votes
They did the SAME to me, but keep in mind. Marcus says that he is the ONLY person working there. If that is true, with all the stuff he has to do, it's easier for him to cancel us than to deal with our problems. Can someone PLEASE recommend 5 GOOD dating sites ? Also what are some GOOD international ones that include China & Taiwan ? I'm looking for a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese to trade Mandarin lessons for English lessons & good Asian distributors from a growing company that does business in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, & Thailand. It is soon to open up in Vietnam & Laos !!! Get back to me at Manytonguesman@gmail.com if interested. The payout MAY be the best I've seen & definitely the health product !!!
 15th of Nov, 2009 by   tam.mac +2 Votes
high time this racist was put out of business
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   Lev Yur'evich Kamensky +2 Votes
This was my plentyoffish profile http://api.ning.com/files/n6x3sJrjsvd3etu-xR6GkNbb4JziClDcaBju18Wlt0s_/PlentyofFishreview.mht

The serious sea monster thought he could eat the little clownfish, but giants are really dwarves inside.

I broke all the TOS on purpose after the Admin gave me the "first and last warning" and he ended up giving in and letting me keep the "torso photo." Only after I wrote a review of his site in my profile did he delete it. Both spineless and a coward.

Unlike him my threats materialize into actions :)

"if you will not be the clown you will be the fool"
----me
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   Lev Yur'evich Kamensky +3 Votes
this was the review i posted on my profile that he was so afraid of that he deleted my profile after initially giving in like a spineless wimp and let me post a torso photo, after i posted nine of the same photo and messaged all the women to rate it to show his impotence... impotence? maybe that's the issue with him

"I get asked by women what I think about Plenty of Fish. Thinking is for the impaired, DEDUCTION is for people with normal IQ.

First of all, as of now, Thursday, November 26, 2009, one's level of education is categorized under "smarts." Smarts are not defined by professional degrees. The smartest people I know are self-educated. An amateur built the Arc. A bunch of guys with diplomas built the Titanic. Even Moliere said "an educated fool is more foolish than an uneducated one."

This does not mean that I am compatible with the pathetic modern day version of the "coffee shop lawyer" --- "the internet debater quack." And I already ran into one of those idiots, thanks to the site's profound calculations.

Secondly, a man who does not know and knows it, is not foolish. A man who does not know and thinks that he knows --- is. You do not know anything about love. Inventing an algorithm to match people, when you do not know anything about love, leads to mismatching them.

Thirdly since when are men not allowed to show nipples? Does your girlfriend make you pee sitting down? How dare they shame men for being men! As Baltasar Gracian said "nothing enhances a man as much as being a man." So it follows that the more you apologize for being male the more repulsive your are.

Fourthly confident men do not try to intimidate people with warnings because you can only push an invertebrate. Spines do not fold like wings. You have to be an invertebrate yourself to project the same behavioral response on someone else.

Put two and two together and we have a sycophant, a conniving moral coward. I do not put people down, I do not even put them in their place, but I am not responsible for lifting them up, so I will not pretend they are anywhere else than where they are. If they do not like where they are they can stick their head in the sand and hope nobody bites their butt."
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   Lev Yur'evich Kamensky 0 Votes
http://www.lavaplace.com/ here is a no drama free dating site LAVA PLACE
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   adrian68 0 Votes
guys my main bug bear on pof? no one bothers to respond take my advice and tell marcus where to stick his site! a ban would have been something!! but i had no responsre from anyone even when oi sent querys to the moderator. my personal opinion guys and it, s only my opinion! tell these dating sites to piss off and take your chance in the real world! yes i know it, s hard im someone whos been single for over ten years? but rather that than give these robbing bastards my hard earned cash. trust me guys all these sites promise one thing but deliver squat save your cash
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   BalledEagle 0 Votes
Wendy, you are a hypocrite extraordinaire. You bully everyone and run crying when anyone gives it back to you. Go fish, bottomfeeder.
 27th of Dec, 2009 by   Annie loves Jane and X 0 Votes
Bottomfeeder, Herb! You should know what it is to be one but then again you are so blind to what you are doing and have so little insight into your own behavior, I doubt you understand what you have done.

It is true I defended myself but I did so politely and did not go to the levels that you and your pals did. If I were to do that, I could have ripped you to pieces easily. However, I am not about hurting people.
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   Annie loves Jane and X +1 Votes
I have been deleted from POF. My guess is that the Eagle and his cronies had a lot to do with it. Bald Eagle likes to pretend that he is the host and the moderator of the BC forums. He is on the site 24/7. He is like a mini mod or mod's pet. A better term would be rat. In fact, Bald Rat suits him.

He is boring and predictable and really politically correct. He has an obsession with breasts which he writes about when he is not being so boring, but even this gets predictable and boring after a while.

I can kind of understand why he is divorced. He would drive a woman nuts because everything has to be his way.

Trappedonbayst is on a big, ugly power trip and I think the only thing he gets out of POF is a lot of female admirers and power.

Markus, the site founder, from what I have read is a bit hard to figure out. For some reason, I think of him as someone with high functioning aspergers. I have watched him on news clips and his affect is pretty flat.

There are people who refer to POF as some sort of Nazi site. I am not sure but the people with power are definitely out of control.

Rental Cars: 5 Tips for a Better Deal