logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (1 mins ago)
Zoosk
the say free. and you cant reieve orsend emails
2. (2 mins ago)

Scam

PartsTrain.com
Phone: 1-888-251-1214
Partstrain.com
I was ALMOST scammed into buying the full front bumper of my 2008 lancer gts. Normally the price is around 300, on the website it is marked down to $90, that alone made me wonder if it was real because it seemed too good to be true. So i talked to their customer support (if you can call it that) on their online chat help. I was talking to one of their car "specialists", and we had a long talk but to sum it up, he knew nothing about cars, he was asking if my 2008 lancer gts was the turbo model, funny thing is that none of the lancers come with a turbo. Only the ralliarts and Evolutions. Then he sent me a link that automatically puts a part in my check out, so i looked up the product number and the picture showed the lancer bumper but it was for the 2007 and earlier version (the 2008 looks completely different). Anysways, even though i already felt it was a scam i had my credit card out ready to buy it (i figured oh well i would rather take the risk if i can get this part for 200$ cheaper). then i searched for complaints about that website, and what did i find? exactly what i thought i would, people who got the wrong parts, parts for different cars, different brands from which they ordered, or BROKEN parts. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Mar, 2011 by   Hunter1990 0 Votes
Original poster - I have also just called verisign, to let them know they need to double check partstrain.com because they are a scam/bait and switch website.
 19th of Jan, 2014 by   Dont get screwed 0 Votes
Yup. I ordered my window regulator for my GMC pickup. Of course, I ordered the drivers side regulator, but was sent the passenger side instead. When I called customer service to complain, they advised me I could get a refund AFTER they receive the sent part back and was inspected by their inspectors to make sure it is not damaged. I will also have to pay a 10% RESTOCKING FEE!
I was told I would get a refund in 4-6 weeks. I was notified via email that I would have to sent the part back in the ORIGINAL packing carton, undamaged, unmarked, and NO TAPE on it or I would not get a refund. As to getting the right part, I was advised I would have to re-order the part. In other words, I would have to wait another 2 weeks after all the aforementioned took place.
Why do they have a "customer service" department? Please reconsider ordering from this website. Don't get screwed.
I found my part on another website for the same price. I love capitalism!

Fraud Alert Involving Car Recalls And Warranties