logo

Whole Foods Market
Assault
4. (1 hr 11 mins ago)
Nokia 6270
I want my cell phone replacement
5. (1 hr 29 mins ago)

illness after eating

Olive Garden
Central Ave
Hot Springs, Arkansas
My wife and I had the mussels for an appetizer Monday 05/27/2013 around 5PM CST. After eating about half the order we noticed 3 or 4 shells that hadn't opened and dark spots around the edges of the meat of some that had opened. About an hour afterwards my wife vomited an seemed OK afterwards. About 3 hours later I got violently ill throwing up with watery stools until finally falling asleep waking twice during he night with more stools which were only liquid. The only other thing we ate in common was a crispy parmesan shrimp dish with five cheese sauce in which I ate three or four of the shrimp and shared one with my wife. We have visited this establishment many times and have always received great service and no issues with the food or subsequent illness. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing recently and think the restaurant should be aware. Thank you.
Comments United States Restaurants & Bars
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of May, 2013 by   foxygrandma +1 Votes
I have never heard of food poisoning hitting anybody as fast you say. I had the stomach flu a couple weeks ago with the same symptoms that you had. I had the problem for two days, and I know it wasn't food poisoning. I was in the bathroom every 10-15 minutes for eight hours straight, and then just a few times until it cleared up. The daughter that lives with me had symptoms like your wife experienced. I figured the reason I was hit more severely is because of age and the fact that I am an adult onset, insulin dependent diabetic. The stomach flu hit with absolutely no advance warning-----we had both felt really good all day. We didn't even eat the same foods all day. My daughter ate out with friends and I had the lunch that Meals on Wheels delivered.
 30th of May, 2013 by   RarelyComplain -1 Votes
Food poisoning can produce symptoms as quickly as one hour after eating the tainted food. This form usually starts with vomiting but diarrhea can ensue in as little as a couple hours. Can't say for sure, but those mussels sound like they were bad.

Saving on Thanksgiving Dinner