logo

Scam Electronics

Olin Ross
260 East Garfield # 23
Battle Creek, Michigan
we were shopping at abc warehouse we came out with alot of stuff, (income tax return ), we were so happy. Then 2 guys drive up in a truck saying all kinds of stuff, so fast and then they park and say come over, my husband gets out and before we can say anything, they start saying their speach a mile a minute . I trust no one and am yelling get in the car babe, but hes a guy and they have speakers, next my 19 year old son gets out of his car and they literally start putting the stuff in his car without an answer, im yelling now, NO NO You dont even know whats inside, where its from, etc..., But again guys+electronics what you gonna do? Ok so the last of my sons money, he buys the speakers for his step dad, OOOOOOhhhhh, $400.00, of course the MSRP was 1900.00...So we get home and then I want to register it, check out web page, etc... and of course...no serial number, OMG, NO WAY !!! CAN IT BE????? In America you have to have a serial number on everything? and then i see it, page after page on the same scam, something needs to be done.
Comments United States TV, Music & Video
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of May, 2009 by   Guiedo +1 Votes
Same thing just happened to me here in Tampa, Fl. 2 guys in a van approached me and tried to sell me some Olan Ross home theater system. It looked cheap and I'm into electronics so when I never heard of this brand I became skeptical. 1 guy does all the talking and he tries to talk fast. The problem was he was dealing with an Italian from Philadelphia so I talk just as fast.

I told the 2 jokers that when something seems too good to be true it probably is. So glad I didn't fall for this one. The passenger in the van even told me to look the system up on the internet! When I did I found article after article saying it was a big scam.

I got their tag # and called my friend at the police department. Hope those 2 idiots spend some time in jail with their cellmate Bubba.
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   ullose21 0 Votes
i just bought the 703 speakers for 35.00 i must say these are the best sounding speakers ive ever heard better than my bose everyone is saying these are a scam then you havent heard them to me they are worth at least a grand so if you bought them for 200 you got a good deal no one in a white van sold me these and i live in ohio so complain if you want but i think they are worth every penny
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   mamadukes 0 Votes
thank god for speaker guys! i bought an olin ross 860 system for my husband out of a van at my wal-mart parking lot in Cleveland and he loves them! when i told him i only spent $500 on it, he was exstatic. well worth the bizarre situation! they sound like a million bucks! and the speaker guys were super nice.
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   VGBDHD 0 Votes
THEY SOUND GREAT AMAZING SOUND EVERYTHING MADE IN CHINA WTF WRONGE WITH EVERYONE ??
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   jmrzgirl 0 Votes
speakers are great. everyone needs to make aliving somehow... whats the differencein the boys in van or so called doorto door carpet/knive sellers... they should tell you they r from china but insurance companys dont tell you flood is different from an act of god... explain that. yes i would rather have usa made but what do really make any more other then whiners and polititions. oh yea same thing...100%union family

VIdeo Game Console Buying Guide