Oak Creek Homes

Quality of home

I hate this cheap home.We bought it in Sept 2011, & its now March '12.This home is built so cheaply its pathetic.I did not want this brand of home, I knew it was cheap, but my husband wouldn't listen. The ceiling is cracked already in 3 places, the linoleum is so thin it pulls up when I'm vacuuming it, the a/c & heating unit is not enclosed in a closet & is so loud I hate it. It doesn't cool our bedroom either, while the rest of the house is too cool, just poor design & quality.The original one never would even work-it had to be replaced, & in doing this they scratched the utility room floor. The carpet is already showing wear, the appliances are very cheap, the bathtub is cheap plastic. I could go on & on. What a waste of money.I will never recommend this. oOak Creek Homes to anyone.BW
Complaint comments Comments (37) Complaint country United States Complaint category Building, Construction

13th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
These homes are NOT built as well as they boast about. Their warranty is a joke also, oh yeah they have a warranty but it;s when they FEEL like GETTING back to you and then getting out to your home. This company is a scam, if you want a cheap built home that, I think, is expensive, go right ahead but be prepared to have problems and then wait 2-3 weeks for them to call back and THEN come out and that's an extra week or 2!!! This company is a rip off!!!
 10th of May, 2009 by    +3 Votes
Yes, our house was also built poorly. Shortly after our house was set up, we had a 3 page e-mail of problems. Finally after several attempts and threating a law suit someone finally got back with me and corrections were made-but here we are a year and a half after our house was set up, and we have cracking walls, rotting exterior, defective carpet and more, and their reaction was "well we have already made several repairs on that house-so you just need to file a complaint with the state"-which is exactly what we are going to do, along with hire an attorney and take them t0 court.

Their salespeople are definitely educated in deception-we were promised so much, and 0nce they got our money, all sincerity was gone.

My advice to anyone reading this and thinking of buying an Oakcreek Home, do some more looking, because the quality of the home is not worth the cost.
 12th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
We also purchased an Oak Creek modular home, we was promised to be in by Christmas and maybe as soon as Thanksgiving. Well that did not happen, the foundation was poured incorrectly, therefore the house was not level the back wall begin to drop so the floor was unlevel, it has been a true nightmare since we did the closing on this house. When we was looking to purchase a home from them EVERYONE was wonderful and always there to answer phone calls etc, but as soon as we closed on the house the customer service has been horrible. We got to move in our house AFTER Christmas with problems in the house, was promised they would be taken care, well this is now May and our house is still not fixed correctly, I have a list of problems I am trying to get them to fix. DO NOT BUY from Oak Creek, they sound wonderful at first but when they get there money they are HARD to get a hold of and get anything done.
 9th of Jul, 2009 by    +3 Votes
I really wish I would have found this web sight before I purchased an Oak Creek Home. It is only now that we have been living here for about 2 months do I realize how poorly built they are. We bought the model number 2299 out of Amarillo, Tx. My son has no electricity in his room and hasn't since we moved in. Thats right my two year old has lived without electricity for 2 months. I have been calling and calling and can't seem to get anybody out here to fix it. They already have what they wanted from us. Our floor by our front door is peeling up, our garbage disposal broke, we still have lose insulation blowing out of the vents, the air conditioner they installed had to be shut off because it was sparking, still waiting on a new door because the old one shattered when they were putting the house together, starting to think now I don't even want it because one of the other doors is already falling apart as well because they are poorly made. I just went into my 10 month old little boys room to make sure he was soundly sleeping when I heard somthing. I quietly listened, from what I can tell there is a mouse scratching around in our ceiling. How discusting. If these houses are so well manufactured like they say they are then mice shouldn't be getting in so easy. And no, we aren't dirty people. I keep a very clean house and it makes me want to cry that we just blew $107, 000 on a home where my little boys have to live with mice and who knows what else. It kind of makes you wonder what this world is coming to. All people care about is money. They don't care about you or your children or obviously what kind of environment they are responsible for building, as long as they are getting paid nothing else matters. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. So anybody out there who is thinking of purchasing a manufactured home from Oak Creek Homes please don't. They will willingly take your 100, 000 dollars and give you somthing in return filled with uncountable problems, crappy insulation, and more fermaldehyde than you have ever dreamed of. If I could afford to give it all back, I would in an instant if it meant that my kids could grow up in a healthy environment. Hope this helps you make up your mind. Thanks for listening,
Lindsey from Texas
 24th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I purchased an Oak Creek home and it was finally ready to move in in July, 09. We have been in less than 4 months and I have discovered Powder Post Beetles in the wood used to construct the home. It will have to be bagged and poison gassed to hopefully get rid of them. Exterminating inspector is coming on Monday to see if he can determine the extent of the damage. I have also noticed how the attitude changed at the dealer after they received their money. I have contacted my attorney and am going to have him handle the problem. They not only are responsible for the exterminating (which I understand is very expensive) but we will have to be out of the house for probably a week. Don't know yet what all I have to move out of the house. I have a 3 yr old granddaughter who lives with me and has respiratory problems so what is this poison gas residue going to do to her. They also will owe me for the devaluing of the new home because of the beetles and for future inspections forever. This home replaced our home that was destroyed in Hurricane Gustave and we were very displaced for a year. I just can't believe we are going to have to be displaced again.

Additionally, did any of you participate in the $10, 000 Cash Rewards incentive they offered? I got scammed on that also and am considering a lawsuit against them for a the very least the $1200 that was added to my loan to participate in the program.
 7th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
totaly agree
 7th of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Totaly Agree on all above post, not only will you get this from oak creek, but any other Mfg. House, What I need to know is IS THERE ANY CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE pending against oak creek ??? have floor problems with our 98 model they missed some of the floor joist with the nails by more than 2", and then they tell us that it was due to our A/C leaking. PLUS on top of this most banks won't loan home improvment loans on these...
 24th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
We are getting the run around as well. When we purchased the home and moved in, we noticed that every time it rained, the electricity on one side of the house would flicker. Also, the fuse box would trip my bathroom and son's room. Well, now that we've had a wet winter, we have NO electricity on the whole right side of house. We keep calling and they have "lost us on their database" and they say that the owner of the community is liable. Then they say that the electrician who did the work when the house was placed out there is liable...I say, no...you're the builders who contracted shoddy work, so honor your 7 year warranty!!! I will not take this laying down... Sure, you took my money and now that you have it, you don't care of your workmanship. I will tell everyone NOT to buy your homes and I will make a sign to post on my property telling others looking to buy out there NOT to because they are CROOKS. I would also like to know about any Class Action suit.
 29th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am thinking of purchasing an Oak Creek Home. Is there a reason these complaints do not contain the Dealer, the person’s name they contacted for service, and information that could be relevant toward correcting future service complaints?
 30th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
This company an its people are as bad as a room full of lawyers. They Are a book of LIES. Very well trained to sell sell sell an lie lie lie.Have you heard I dont recall well you will if you deal with them.My house was to be ready to move in 62 days it was delivered dec. 31 2009, today I got the keys an paperwork done AUG 30, 2010. SHABBY WORK CROOKED WALLS YOU NAME iT.WHEN YOU HEAR THE WORDS oak creek homes RUN FOREST RUN an dont look back. RIP OFF IS SAYING IT LIGHTLY. THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO HEART OR SOUL. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE
 21st of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
I purchased an Oakcreek Houme in January 2007 and have most of the same complaints that all of you have suffered through. I tried and tried to get Oakcreek to bring my home up to established codes as HUD and The State of Texas demands, each time I was denied and ignored. My home still remains riddled with things like plumbing on the ground, main electrical wires pinched when both sides of my home were joined. This company has to answer these problems. My half cedar log siding is falling of and wind and rain along with hail has created a unsafe home for me to remain in. I am a lung cancer survivor veteran and my doctors have suggested that I move due to mold and mildew behind the defective siding that could take my life if I keep breathing the fumes. Good News my fellow Oakcreek homeowners; Contact your state's dept. of Licensing and Reguation Enforcement Division; In Texas the Web site:www.license.state.tx.us. File your complaints to this agency in whatever your state has available, trust me, I have sent men to the hospital. www.kerry_barr@yahoo.com.
 9th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I purchased one last month and Oak Creek Homes Ft. Worth is not returning call for the initial setup. Three holes cut in roof to correct hvac, back door hits dryer because of design error, trash in all the secured plumbing areas. These days if you have expectations of quality, you are doomed for failure. This home is lumber and nails. Anything can be repaired by you cheaper than letting those idiots do more damage. Get it fixed yourself and move on, you will thank yourself. It’s like lending money. In reality you give it away and if you get it back, it is free money.
 9th of Apr, 2011 by    +1 Votes
If we are all having the same problems, someone has got to know a LAWYER to represent our complaints as a whole. Satisfaction in the form of a check from a lawsuit is our only option. My emails alone are enough to win a court decision. What do you think?
 12th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I agree that the Oak Creek co. is not what it promises! we started in April 08 looking at homes..because of traveling with work we finally decide on the modular we wanted built. It was promised that we could have Christmas dinner in the new house only that it was wrecked upon delivery to our land! We were not to worry they would have it fixed...finally it or should I say the other half finally made it to our place. The people that were to put the house together stated they didnt know exactly how to install the hinged roof. The same people were in charge of putting the siding on the end of the house where it was put together..this too they did incorrectly.I had 9 pages of COSMETIC work that needed to be finished.We finally got moved in Feb 09! To make a very long and sad story short, I have since had problems with floor tile coming up, carpet not having the correct or too short of padding, cracks in the ceiling, etc., after many attemps I have contacted Austin and am awaiting the results of thier investigation of my house.I too am waiting to get my CASH REWARD of 10, 000.00 this year..I have done everything they have wanted on thier list., but
I read online they had gone bankrupt...I hold OakCreek responsible for my money they promised me.
 24th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
I didn't realize that so many people have the same issues. We purchased our home in June o 2008 and it was not delivered until November, we were suppose to get a home from a different lot that was custom built but after it was brought to the Seguin location, they sold it to someone else while we were waiting for them to come take our old one down. We waited five months and it was problems and promises all the way though, We finally had to get a lawyer to draw up papers for them to actually get moving, One thing that was said to us was if we get a lawyer then they would stop any dealings with us. We finally got in to our home that was build and brought from Ft. Worth, altought it was not what we were told it was going to have and the upgrades we were now in a bad position because we had no ware to live., so we think after we get our new place all is good. NO! all the trash, bricks and glass was left at the site from them breaking down the old place was left behind . The first thing to go out was the electricity on one side of the house, then the crack starts outside the house and goes from the ceiling in my room all the way to the other side of the house and in the living room it is about 1/2 inch wide, and yes we called the insurance company but they refer us back to oak creek. I looked for complaints on oak creek at the time we were purchasing the home, but never found anything. We are located in Seguin, Texas and we dealt with Tony, Brook and Laura.. Good Luck to you.
 11th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I finally got Austin out to look at my house in March as of today they sent some one out to repair my house after nearly 3 years.I hope they get it correct this time!
I found out the cash rewards did file bankruptcy so We can kiss that promise of ten thousand dollars good bye!
I hope Austin will see these complaints and help get these people put out of business.
unhappy LAS
 25th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
I am curious what ’Construction Standards, Rules, Orders, and Requirements’ they found to be wrong. And if it involved Sales (foundation and installation), Manufacturing, or Warranty. Repairs (or damages caused by) complete by independent contractor are something you need a written receipt for. Good luck, in the process of filing with Austin.
3282.207 Manufactured home consumer manual requirements.
3280.715 Circulating air systems
3280.607 Circulationg air system.
3280.607 Instructions.
3280.607 Plumbing fixtures.
3280.603 General requirements
1201.603. Deceptive Trade Practices.
1201.507. False or Misleading Information.
1201.355. Consumer Complaint Home Inspection.
1201.354. Corrective Action Required.
1201.353. Notice of Need for Warranty Service.
1201.352. Retailer's Warranty on a New HUD-Code Manufactured Home.
1201.351. Manufacturer's Warranty.
1201.351 of the Occupations Code
1201.155. Disclaimer of Implied Warranty.
80.20. Requirements for Manufacturer's Designs and Installation Instructions.
80.21. Requirements for the Installation of Manufactured Homes.
80.30. All Licensees’ Responsibilities.
80.32. Retailers’ Responsibilities and Requirements.
80.33. Installers’ Responsibilities and Requirements.
80.37. Correction Requirements
 26th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Austin sent out one of thier people and an engineer (also a oak creek guy.)..they looked the house over top to bottom and after 2 months the engineers report was sent to OC then to me.So far they have (OC) sent someone out that redid my ceiling completly and it is much better but not perfect(no cracks! all one color) now waiting for the tile and carpet people to come out.
The tile grout is bad and my carpet pad is too short and the carpet was never stretched...waiting for this to be resolved.I hopefully did not have any elec problems and I was at the house during the buildinng process and tried to catch all problems that I could when it was installed.I had the president of OC out here and he had alot of things redone before I moved in..these last things I have fought with them about and then turned over to Austin.Beside taking a very long time it finally is getting taken care of, I HOPE.
 2nd of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
We've been in our home since July 2010. From day one it has been nothing short of a nightmare to get anything fixed. We sent in our 90 day fix it list and only half was worked on. Less than half of that was fixed right. Not only is the carpet showing seams, and has white paint splotches where paint from the ceiling dropped, and feels like there's no padding, but it was the wrong color!! We asked for coffee bean and got beige. Plus there are nails coming up through the linoleum in the kitchen and bathrooms, and purple plumbing liquid stains on the linoleum on the kitchen floor. There are lumps and bumps throughout the entire flooring where carpet and linoleum were laid over trash and scraps because they didn't clean it first before they laid it. We didn't want to go through moving our entire furnishing again so soon and they offered no help to do it so we asked for a buyout on all the flooring and they insulted us with $1500.00. This is a $50, 000 mobile home and they only want to offer me $1500. 00 for my shotty, wrong color carpet, messed up linoleum floors. I still have many other things wrong with this house. Already had to replace the board in my GE refrigerator 4 days before the one year warranty was up because it quit making ice, and then everything quit and thawed. I lost $200.00 worth of food and when I emailed Audrey in Lancaster, I never got a response. She never returns emails or phone calls. I also bought my house from Tony in seguin. He got his commission and Oak Creek got their money, and now they are done with us. So much for customer service. There is no such thing anymore!!!
 19th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes
I couldn't have said it better or put it in better words . I quote tuna man" SHABBY WORK CROOKED WALLS YOU NAME iT.WHEN YOU HEAR THE WORDS oak creek homes RUN FOREST RUN an dont look back. RIP OFF IS SAYING IT LIGHTLY. THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO HEART OR SOUL. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. "

Oak Creek Homes Logo Oak Creek Homes