logo
search

Nike Complaints & Reviews - Shoes smell like cat urine

Nike Contacts & Informations

Posted:

Shoes smell like cat urine

Individual
I am glad to see this forum, I have been battling this for a couple of years, at first I thought the kids left their shoes on the step and the cat urinated in them, we tried to wash it out with no success so we threw them away. Then a friend told us it was the glue that Nike uses because they have had the same problem. My wife is a loyal Nike customer and demands that our kids wear Nike shoes. We have a lot of Nike shoes and only some of them are stinkers. However the brand new pair of T90's I bought for soccer this year are horrible, after the first use they stunk to high heaven. I don't know what to do about it other than put my foot down and forbid any more Nike shoes to be purchased in my house. THESE SHOES SHOULD COME WITH A "DO NOT SWEAT OR GET WET" WARNING ON THE BOX.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

Nike - Nike shoes, fell apart
Australia
www.nike.com

I brought nike last xmas 2007 less than 6 months the shoes have fall apart. I rang nike, they said, take them back. Terrible product and terrible service! Beware people!
 18th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
I also bought a pair of nike shox and a few months down the line the soles spilt between the shox..
 4th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
i bought a pair of nike high tops and the sole on the bottom of the sneakers came off thay was not even 3 mons old .i dont know how to get in touch with nike to conplane about this .i have gotten nikes sence i was in high shool in 1883
 29th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I bought a pair of Nike Shox just a few months ago and one of the shocks blew out .. im tring to find out who to contact... anyone have any info?
 19th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

Nike - Faulty footware
152 forest View Rd
Dahinda
Illinois
Phone: 309 8792706

I have two different pairs of Nike tennis shoe and both pair the sole is coming off of them. I am 59 years old and have not done anything to cause them to fall apart.
 27th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
All you have to do is send them back to Nike per their policy, and Nike will give you credit towards another pair of shoes. All you have to do is read!
 27th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

Nike - Nike 90 Ronaldo Football Boots
Sheffield
England|South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
Phone: 0114 2540077

My sons Ronaldo football boots smell awful, like strong cat pee. Have to put them in the garage in 2 carrier bags, as soon as you open the garage door the smell is dreadful. Makes your stomach turn. What are Nike going to do about this ?
 13th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have bought 4 pairs of nike 90 football boots and astro turf books for my grandson all four pairs ended up smelling of cat pee, no problem with his adidas books
 10th of Oct, 2009 by    +3 Votes
Oh my gosh, our sons football shoes had gotten wet two weeks ago, and what a smell. I took the first pair back to Dicks Sporting goods, they exchanged really thinking I was crazy.

Now the second pair the same, now they wont take back.

I have contacted Nike no response, so I have taken this to Better Business Bureau, the kids cannot wear these, IT IS DISGUSTING.
 16th of Oct, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I am in Australia and my son 20 yrs old insists on NIKE footwear that set us back hundreds of dollars for every pair. We have thrown out 5 pairs thinking that he had left them at the front door at his friends houses and cats had urinated on them. My 2 yr old grandson has also lost one pair to the dreaded cat urine issue, leaving people believing that his mother is dirty because of the smell. I have spent many an hour on the internet finding ways to remove urine from leather and just as many hours trying the results of these searches not to mention the cost of the products that did not work. I am disgusted to find that the actual reason for this smell is in the production of the product. NIKE step up to the plate and change the fact that Australia receives your inferior products.
 20th of Oct, 2009 by    +2 Votes
I am so glad to see that others have this same problem. My son's new Nike's smell as if a cat urinated in them...we do not own a cat!!!
 27th of Oct, 2009 by    -1 Votes
Sorry folks its NOT Nike's fault!!! All football cleats smell the same when they get wet. My son has played football for 5 years now & the same smell occurs when they play in the rain. He has had a different brand every year. All the football mom's have had the same complaint. The best way to fix it is to wash them with Lysol 4 in 1 cleaner full strength. Pour about a cup in the wet shoe and scrub the outside with a brush. Let them sit for about an hour then rinse. Let them dry & repeat next time it rains. The shoes have held up for many washings!
 19th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

Nike - FAKE!!!!FAKE!!!!FAKE!!!!

DO NOT MAKE ANY PURCHASES FROM A2ZSHOES.COM. I WOULDNT BE ABLE TO GIVE THE SHOES AWAY I PURCHASED!!! YOU CAN BUY HIGHER QUALITY SHOES FROM A FLEA MARKET!!! DO YOUR RESEARCH AND DO NOT BUY FROM THESE FAKE DEALERS!!!
 21st of Jan, 2010 by    +2 Votes
it is nikes fault.

myself and a friend in 2001 had air max 95s and same thing.nike told me that i washed them in machine.

(they were brand new and i had not) i argued to no avail eventually being told by nike cust ser manager(joke in that title) that i shouldnt

have got them wet at all!! these were running shoes and at the time i lived in scotland!! my friend went to the expense of sending them to

nike.they sent them back with a letter saying that they had tested them and they had been in the washing machine.trading standards

told us that there was no such test but nike wouldnt have it. i wa a gap manager at the time and as i spoke to people in the retail industry

i found that this was a common problem with many nike models.i did write to watchdog and am glad to see that maybe i helped in some

small way.remember this was 2001 in the uk so shame on you nike.this has been going on for nearly 10 years.
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes

Nike - poor service
Nike

The website says i can order to a us base out of usa but need to call them. but when i spent 15 mins on the phone they said it couldnt be done!
 18th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
i had buy a soccer ball last month with in 15day air was leaking from the ball.i want to retailer and showed him the ball he toid me that you guys played very hard with ball.i want to know that this ball are made for small kid or for professional
 28th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

Nike - dirt
nike
India

i just bought indias new jersey . i loved it.it was just 2 days since i had purchased it and a bit of water fell over it. youd expect it to dry up but it insted has left a mark which looks cheap and ugly. plss tell me how to remove the mark.or atleast how to wash the t shirt
 20th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

Nike - Shoes
New Jersey
nike.com

Nike is a great company. However, their shoes need more originality. I see WAY too many sites with unauthentic shoes and having companies bite off their look. It needs to provide it's own brand at reasonable prices so that everyone can enjoy. Also, it shouldn't give them a reason to slack on the material and creation of the shoes; I've had really great shoes, but shoes that just break down within the first month of wear.
 27th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

Nike - SORE FEET
NIKE
South Africa

I bought a pair of nike’s 4 day old, I have extreme pain from wearing the shoes for one day, it seems to be only a problem with the one shoe?
Any suggestions ?
 15th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

Nike - didn't recieve product
niketrading
China
niketrading.com

on 9 of jan 2011 i order some shoe from niketrading.com. order no. JL3231 i didn't recieve them today date 15 Feb 2011. the money order MTCN 715-399-0800 that sent to ZHIWU KE

Lessons from the Crash of 1987