Net10 & Tracfone

Posted:

Poor service!

4.55
Net10 & Tracfone
After being Net10 customers for 2 years and regularly using 3 of their phones in our family, we bought a new phone for one family member and attempted to port the old Net10 number to the new phone. The SIM card sent didn't work, so we called customer service. Long story short, after they removed all the minutes from the old phone, they couldn't get the new phone to work so this family member was left with NO phone at all. 4 nights of endless calls to various countries, waiting on hold off/on for 1-1.5 hours each night, we were told several stories about when it would be fixed. first it was 3-4 days, then 24 hours now 5-10 days. We also got cut off every night at 9pm when their system shuts off and the shifts end. If you ask to speak to a supervisor, you really just get another rep in another country. I googled Net10, found it was owned by America Movil and Tracfone. I called the CEO of Tracfone in Miami directly then followed up with an email. He answered my email within 2 hours. Get in touch with him if you have problems. FJ (Frederick) Pollak, /phone number removed/ or fjpollak@tracfone.com. He also copied in mmahan@tracfone.com (Mark Mahan) and sritter@tracfone.com (VP Steve Ritter).
Complaint comments Comments (72) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile & Cell Phones

Comments

30th of Jul, 2007 by    +1 Votes

TracFone - Taking unfair advantage of the customers

To Whom It May Concern:

I am complaining about the tracfone I bought being useless to me. I bought it to keep in contact with a friend that was going from the hospital to a nursing home and back again for a long time. She has passed away since I got the tracfone. I have no one that I can contact with the tracfone any longer. I never got to get in contact with her on it either.

I have a good excuse for not being able to use the tracfone and that is because I am nearly deaf and I have trouble hearing on a phone line even if it is an amplified phone line. My way of hearing is from being able to read lips and that is the only way I can hear. I bought 400 minutes of calling time. I still have 379 units left on the card. I think I should be allowed to have a reimbursement for the calling time I did not use. I can not figure out any way possible for me to use the tracfone at all since I know no one that has a tracfone to be able to type a call to them even. I tried like I was told to do the other day, an that is I tried at the store where I bought the tracfone from to get a reimbursement for the calling time. They said they could not give me any of the money back that I spent on that phone so I am wondering if you could refund me some of the money I paid for the calling time. It is not my fault I am unable to hear on these tracfones. I could get the most of it refunded if not all of it. I am hoping that is what happens.

Could you please let me know if you can do this for me. I feel like I have been ripped off because there was no way for me to try to see if I could hear on the tracfone before I bought one. It is something I have a real problem with is the lack of confidence I have from my hearing problem. It is a way of people taking unfair advantage of me on a regular basis. I hope your company does not do that to me this time, too. Could you please let me know if you can assist me with this problem being solved. When I hear your answer I will let you know my personal information as to where to send my refund to at that time.

Sincerely yours,
NV
 7th of Aug, 2007 by    +1 Votes

TracPhone - Very dissatisfied with service

This tracphone is for personal use. We have been on hold for several hours to get our minutes changed form one phone to another.

Very dissatisfied with service.

This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains information that may be Privileged, confidential or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an acceptance of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.
 26th of Jul, 2008 by    +3 Votes
I am having the same problem with Tracfone. They deactivated my old phone and then failed to transfer my number to the new phone bought from them. I called them everyday and everytime they blubber out their little song and rubbish. Everytime they say it would be fixed within next 24 hours. I am without any phone service for last 7 days for careless attitude of the tracfone towars its customers. One of their representatives told me that the phone (W376G) that they sold me is based on a new technology, and therefore they find it difficult to activate my phone-what a rubbish. The guy I spoke with last time was also very reluctant to give me even the name of their CEO, and at one time said they have no CEO. Anyway I have now found out the name of their CEO and going to make a complaint addressed to him personally.
The word 'customer service' should be erased out of all dictionaries. It simply no longer exists.
 9th of Jan, 2009 by    +3 Votes
I bought a new phone on 11-01-2008 to replace a Net10 phone I already had. I had over 1000 minutes on my old phone and was supposed to get another 300 minutes with my new phone activation. I had problems right away when the new phone arrived.
The minutes were not added and after repeated attempts and several calls i was finally able to get the minutes from the old phone transferred to the new one but was till owed the 300 minutes for the new phone. Repeated calls and talking to several "supervisors" availed to nothing. I went for a total of thirty days without a phone and have spent up to three hours on hold and talking to different "supervisors" trying to get this fixed. They told me that their system showed that over ten thousand minutes had been added to my phone and that the system would not allow any more minutes to be added.
It is now 01-09-2009 and I think I may have finally made some headway with my most recent call.
I just got off of the phone with the most recent "supervisor" and I think we have finally come up with a solution (one that I suggested in the beginning but they refused). They are adding my minutes to a replacement phone and have removed the minutes from the phone I have now. The new phone should arrive within 3-5 days and they are supposed to add an additional 30 days of service time for all of the time that I did not have a phone. This has been the worst experience ever with customer support! Not necessarily the service representatives fault either.
They need to figure out what the problem with their system is that causes this and fix it. I hope no one else has to go through all of this trouble.
The funny thing is, my wife and I have been customers with them for years and I had never had a problem before. My wife used to hate calling in for anything because she said that everyone she talked to did not know the answers and would always have to pass her off to another "supervisor" and that it always took for ever and then she still didn't get what ever it was fixed. I had never experienced this and always had any problems taken care of in short order until this last fiasco.
I am seriously thinking of selling this phone and giving up on them all together. Unfortunately I never use enough minutes for it to be worth while to use anyone else. This really sucks!
I wish I had found this post back in December because I would have written the CEO first thing. This has been a very painful and stressing experience of which I hope I never have to go through again. I think this is what they are hoping for. I think they were hoping I would give up and just let them have my money. In hind site, I think it would have been better off if I had demanded they send me a new phone with the minutes already on the phone, like they are finally doing. It would have saved many hours on the phone (no exaggeration, many hours, like upwards of 8 hours total.)

If you are trying to get your minutes transferred to a new phone and are having trouble, may I recommend that you just sell the old one and buy a new one and forget about the old number or don't mess around and go straight for the CEO of NET10 for help.

Good luck!
 14th of Mar, 2009 by    -2 Votes
i think tracfone is a fair company, one technology of our tracfone depends on the area where your located if u purchase a new phone no ur min will not be there u will have to call customer services and i think tracfone and net10 got the best customer services in the world cause tracfone puts u the user in control of everything.
 14th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
My third Net10 phone (two replacements sent to me of phones that did NOT work) has some features that are special and dear.

For those who do not wish for the tranquility of their days and nights to be disturbed, my phone offers the "no ring" feature. The problem is, it never rings at all, even when someone is calling.

And for those who like to sleep in in the morning undisturbed and miss all those pesky appointments, the alarm also offers the no-ring feature. All the time.

Thanks for the great info on how to reach the CEO!!!
 27th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
net10 lies in their ads.in my book .10 means one dime..05 means one nickle.in their ads they say you will pay .05 per text and .10 per call.well you are actually gonna pay .50 per text and 1.00 per 1 minute of calling time.if you call to complain they spin it to mean per unit intend of per text.WHAT????????????i will complain to the BBB and be changing services.
 27th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
just spoke to a tech at net10.he says i am correct and it should be .10 per minute and .05 per text.their terms and conditions page .under the purchasing data services with air time minutes, says the U.S. conversion factor is :$1.00 equals 10.0 minutes of airtime.thats .10 times 10 minutes =$1.00 he claims i was the only one to complain.
 31st of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Net10 was cheap, no frills but basic cell phone service. In the last few months (since being acquired by tracfone) it has become absolute garbage. I still have 1400 min on my phone but I will give happily give them up just as long as I never have to do business with this hidious company ever again. Dont waste your money avoid net10/tracfone!
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes

TracFone - Spawn of satan
Tracfone

I have had a Tracfone for several years and never had a complaint or problem with the phone. Anytime there were questions, I always got a quick and accurate answer. Then i made the mistake of trying to transfer my landline number to my cell phone! It would probably have worked fine, but someone at Trac entered one wrong digit and I entered cell phone ***. After six hours on the phone (not an exaggeration!), the problem is still not resolved and i have reinserted the old SIM card with its old number so that my family can reach me if they need me. It is not over because i know how to write scathing letters that get action . . .
 9th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

TracFone - Cheap Phones and Service
9700 N.W. 112th Avenue
Miami
Florida
Phone: 1-800-867-7183

Tracfone coverage in my area looks good on a map but bad in the real world; the coverage drops out a lot and waste my minutes. Tracfone cell phones are cheap as in how they are made. The LG 420 cell phone for Tracfone takes over 3 hours to turn on and load; I don't even have a lot of stuff on there. Tracfone customer service representatives are not helpful and give me the run around to fix my phone problems. I paid for something; it better work and if not I want my money back.
 30th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes

TracFone - Im really pissed
Tracfone

every month like clock work i wait till the middle of the month for minutes promised in 7 days only when i call and spend a whole day talking with a rep who clearly can not speak english and also refuses to transfer me to a superviser where i can get help(maybe)it is the most *** set up ive ever seen as we speak im still waiting on mimutes and thanksgiving is 11 days away does the gov know that we speak english bring these jobs back at least if were getting screwed we can understand were getting screwed.
 25th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

TracFone - Refused returns on deceptive phones
Tracfone

We purchased two trac phones and minutes from radio shack in peterboro NH. the phones just did not work so we returned to the store and were treated like "***". No returns allowed as we were told we only had 15 minutes to return items, it is a 1/2 hour ride home to find out we purchased junk! manager and help are too rude for me...too many other places sell all they do...and just try and find an address to complain to...or call 1 800 who cares and get more rudeness...I for one will never return as a CUSTOMER!!!
 13th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

TracFone - Cheats
Tracfone

Tracfone does dirty business. I am discontinuing my service after using the minutes that I now have.

I tried using a promo code that was on my tracfone for 20 extra minutes. I was kept on the phone for an unreasonable ammount of time and could not use the promo code although I had added the required number of minutes to redeem the code for my extra minutes. I was given a 7 digit number, and tracfone said they only send 5 digit codes. I am not happy! I asked to speak with a supervisor and spoke with someone called Von. Her ID # 57546. She kept me on the phone for a long time assuring she could correct the situation but in the end, I was told that she could not help me.
 25th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

TracFone - Totally ***!
Tracfone

I spent over 2 and a half hours on the phone with 7 different Tracfone techs trying to make my Tracfone work. The only think accomplished was we managed to put the 120 minutes I bought on to the phone. I finally gave up and verbally beat a path to a manager to try and just get my $30 back for the minutes on the broken phone. I must have told the same information to 7 different people by the time I got to the biggest *** of all: Sergio, the manager of call center in Guatemala city, Guatemala in South America. After determining I bough the phone card 6 days ago in Wal-Mart said I had to send in a copy of the original receipt! Tracfone, I have it and I will send in a copy, say tuned! The irony is that the phone card was for 120 minutes and that is almost to the minute the time I spent on the phone trying to get the *** thing to work and then trying to get a refund. Hate Tracfone!!!
 4th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

TracFone - Stole Hours of My Life I Won't Get Back
Tracfone

Stay very far away from this anti-service. To say the experience was an adventure might be accurate if you consider hours of bearing witness to incompetence (or maybe extremely poor training) an adventure.

I think I've memorized the serial number and SIM card ID from all the times I had to recite it (and type it in while lodging a complaint to TracFone directly.)

I have woods behind my house. So, I'm going to toss a baseball with one of my sons to warm up and then I'm going to launch both cell phones as deep into the woods as I can. Maybe the bears can use them, or more likely, they'll get a good laugh out of the *** humans who thought TracFone was a great idea.
 4th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I don't even know what to say about my experience with net 10 customer service over the past 2 days. To long to post here. Let's just say really really bad! I will be contacting the CEO ASAP. When my minutes are used I will also be going elsewhere. I warn you do not get NET 10 if you want customer service.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Had The same Experience. Spent over 2 hours trying to get my phone to work. It worked for 2 weeks then deactivated by itself with minutes left. I talked to 4 different customer service reps and entered in countless codes and put on hold- finally the last guy told me he had to find a different zip code to give me a new number. I was told to wait 4 hours then try it and it should work. Guess what -it didn't! I was also told different things by different reps-I needed a new phone and there wasn't a good enough signal in my area-I don't
think they know ANYTHING!
 1st of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Interesting... I have never had the slightest problem with the tracfone service. I have called their customer service before and received proper treatment. Are you for real? Maybe im lucky or maybe you are just sour about something else in your life lol. Get a life.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes

TracFone - Terrrible service
Tracfobe
Ranegeley
Maine

Tracfone technicians and service representatives located in Phillipines. Very difficult experience registering and activating cell phone on WEB. Site services repeatedly denied service support forcing me to utilize their (800) phone number. Lengthy call with redundant queries and attempts to consolidate already existing account were their focus. Not interested in consolidating exisitng account. Nearly a 45 minute to one hour experience to get phone activated. Next day I attempted to utilize a valid promo code for one year service. Utilized "TRACFONE" (800) number and new Tracfone to enable bonus minutes for additional minutes. 18 minutes of call time deducted from service on (800) number. Situation was perpetuated while agent repeatedly asked me to bear with the agent while they recorded the notes. Upon conclusion of 15 minutes of note recording (to which I asked whether they really needed me to hang on using up the minutes) they simply informed that the promo code was added. Latter is all really poor consumer provision and product promotional. Very little gain, very sad consumer provision, borderline scam, just a thread above hiding behind shield of "what did we do wrong" crap. WALMART (Where phone was purchased) should exert some of their purchasing influence to protect consumer and drop the product line.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree