MyPrepaidCenter.com

Posted: 2013-08-11 by

Prepaid card not accepted at stores listed on website

myprepaidcenter.com
British Columbia
Canada
Don't waste your hard earned money on a prepaid visa from myprepaidcenter.com it's a complete rip off. I went to 4 stores listed on the myprepaidcenter.com website and none of them accepted my card. I called the number on the back of the card and the person confirmed there is full credit available on the card and they tried to tell me to go to other stores eventhough i triple checked which ones were listed on the website. I wasted 4 hrs travelling and shopping without being able to buy anything i needed because this company is a joke and does not care about the consumer once you pay them their money for a prepaid card. Rip off and no customer support, i hate this company and anyone who has half a brain will stay away from this scam myprepaidcentre.com does not let you use the card where they advertise that it will work, then when you wait on hold and spend your cell phone minutes while holding up the purchase line at the store, they say why don't you shop somewhere else. . . F&ck this bulls&t a#hole rip off scam - stay away you will end up being screwed like many others in the same situation.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Canada Complaint category Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful?
More MyPrepaidCenter.com Complaints & Reviews
MyPrepaidCenter.com - problem with charges [6]

Comments

20th of May, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Absolutely agree with the above complaint! Could not use the card at the participating locations - it was embarrassing. The card has now expired and I called customer service to have a new one issued. They said "Too Bad - So Sorry!" Really!?!
 4th of Jun, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I misplaced my card. When I finally found it, the card had expired. This company charged me $3.95 per month as an "account maintenance fee" and charged me fifteen dollars to replace my expired card. I am not a fan of gift cards in the first place, but if you have to use them, do not use this company. What a scam.
 7th of Jul, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I had similar problem...I misplaced card, did not realize it was only good for 6 months and then it expired & they won't replace!
Total scam...rip off! Not very ethical!!!
 21st of Oct, 2014 by    +1 Votes
6 tries and same amount of calls to MyPrepaidCenter.com. Each time it was BS, then they advised me to pay with another CC and would be reimbursed like sure really, if you can not deliver one way what would be expected you would come thru another way. It was a reward card from employment another benefit that isn't delivered. When I called Benefit Office they could care less
 14th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
i agree 100% with all of these coments, I have tried to use my card at 3 merchants listed on their merchant list and all have been declined ! Also called customer service and you just get the run around there too! I also received my card from my company for all my years of dedicated service. And this is what I get, Wish I hadn t got anything, would have been less stressed and pissed and had a better attitude towards my company !
 9th of Feb, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I have received one of these cards. It needs to be activated on MyPrepaidCenter.com. It looks like a scam from a mile away. My question is if anybody know how to actually stop these people from sending you this stuff. What if this card gets delivered to somebody else and gets activated. The Post office have delivered some of my mail to my neighbors. Any idea.
 18th of May, 2015 by    -1 Votes
I have used my card with no problems and think that customer service did a top notch job when I needed a replacement card when I misplaced mine! I don't understand all the complaints at all, they were great to me! Maybe the problem lies within the consumers! Just sayin
 3rd of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
My company gave me one of these cards for 25 years of service. Great idea. . .if it worked. Tried to order something from Bed Bath and Beyond. . .which is on the website as being accepted. . .but the card was declined. However. . .it was still charged, and my balance was dropped. So basically, Prepaid takes the money out of the account. . .they just don't pay the merchant. Naturally, the merchant doesn't send the stuff.

I'm not entirely sure that this is a real company. The website is slick, and the card sure looks real, but if all they do is reduce the balance when you try to use it, without actually having to pay anything. . .what do they do? If I ever give-up totally on that whole Heaven business. . .I may try to get into the fake gift card business. I bet it pays quite well.

MyPrepaidCenter.com Logo MyPrepaidCenter.com