Mylife.com

4.65
mylife.com
California, Maryland
mylife.com
I signed up and requested a refund less than two minutes later after realizing this is the same company as reunion.com and a total scam.
Complaint comments Comments (151) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers

Comments

29th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
This company is a total scam. The emails you receive from this company will scan your address/contacts list and send emails to them. In effect, this site uses a virus technique to proprogate the email spam. When you call them, no one anwers the phone. BBB and FBI should be aware of this company.
 29th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just signed up & gave my Visa card # today. I called shortly after (within minutes) & a lady said she would disable the part that keeps re-charging after the initial 3 mo. I have not yet had extra charges, but it sounds like they may come. If so, who do I contact? How would I get it to end?

I'm also concerned that friends on my email list may be contacted. Any suggestions for that?
 6th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
yo fuxk this company then nigguah should be sho they be billing me to the max all day every day ya dig
stay way im gon track em and get down right crazy with em ye heard
 11th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
My life.com is connected to SAVEACE. I've being recieving numerous payment on my debit card. I believe they distribute your account number to all this fraudulent company which then start making unauthorised billing.

i recieved two times billing of 4.95. i called my life and was told it was a non-refundable fee for accessing mylife.com members contacts. This was after i paid a $60 dollar one year subscription fee for that same purpose.

I was then billed 19.95 today from saveace. Which i have no clue who they are. I then found out that Saveace is connected to mylife.com. which draws a conclusion that they pose as different companies inother to suck you dry. I regretted ever clicking on that mylife.com website.
Here is their contact number for mylife.com 188870419900. BEWARE THEY ARE FRAUDSTERS.
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
DON"T GET SUCKED IN BY MYLIFE! THEY WILL TRY TO DRAIN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DRY!
Mylife.com is worthless as a means of contacting old friends, and that is what they bait you with. Worse than that is the fact that they use other means of debiting your checking account as allready mentioned in the above complaints of fraud and scam.
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Mylife - Mylife

Your an idiot! You begin as they state on an auto renewal which you can disable that same day you sign up in two different ways, one by calling or another by doing so on you profile. I love this site I was able to locate my brother whom I haven't seen or heard from in years! They promote it at $5/month but as you put in your c/c info it states you will be billed up front. It would be different if they never said anything but the point is they do! You know how stupid you sound when your angry about something that was mentioned to you! Why wouldn't you read something before purchasing makes no sense to me!
 5th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
ok these preditor web sites asking for you email password thats totally do you hear any sirens going off you should!!! Ok public listen up!!! Listen closely you do not under any circumstances give out your password to any one even God ok... Continue living now... Best Wishes
 5th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
mylife, saveace, grantpro, belfont cs.freedom cs and the parent company addaptive marketing shold all be held accountable, also hooked in there is unitedcash loans all are part of this big scam and the banks and other companys are becoming aware of it but still allow the withdrawls to take place.the federal goverment does not seem to be interested in these scams and its time we the people take back our goverment and hold these people that are praying on us to be held responsable
bill greenaway
 26th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Thank you for all the reviews on MyLife as a people search. I was almost taken in by the scam as I have been searching for G-Children and how they know the name and age is beyond me. Thank you - thank you for all the input. Like one review, I to cannot understand why our government does not do something about all the rip-offs using computers. I see it as a crime and it is against the law of stealing people's money.
 25th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have never heard of them until they just emptied my account via paypal. I just filed a grievance with paypal to get the money restored, but I have absolutely no idea how they managed to both charge my paypal account and get my password. BEWARE.
 7th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

Mylife Blog - Unapproved Charges
MyLife

This company appears to be well known for unapproved charges. I thought it was related to a memebership I signed up for through MyLife.com. MyLife immediately directed me to the Saving Ace number.

MYLIFE GAVE THESE PEOPLE MY CREDIT CARD INFO!

I have a credit card set up on autopay and I don't use it often or receive paper statements so I was surprised to find that for the last 4 months they had been charging me $19.95 per month for a membership I never signed up for.

I called and was surprised at how easy it was to get them to refund the full amount - they know they don't have a leg to stand on and they are depending on others like me that don't see their statements every month.

On my initial call she jumped right to cancelling my membership and tried to rush me off the phone. I asked who I needed to talk to about a refund and she instantly ordered the refund for the previous month. I told her I wanted a refund for every month and she set it up right away going back four months.

After getting off the phone, I found that there were two more months in which they had charged me.

I called back and got another supervisor who said she could refund all but the first month b/c that was initiation.

I said "You do realize I didn't sign up for this service correct?". she said hold one minute let me see what I can do, and within a matter of seconds told me she was able to override the initiation fee.

This is a game to see how little they can give you back if you don't push for more. It's ludicrous these people are getting rich off of scamming.

Do not sign up for MyLife!
 10th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
They say it cost $5.99 Then they take $71.40 out of your account.
 10th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

mylifereunion - wrong fees
mylifereunion.com

I signed up for 1yr. but the company has taken upon it`s self to debit my account without my approval for a 2nd.year, they have my e-mail account and could have informed me of this pending transaction, to see if in fact I still wish to subscribe with them, I do not.
 14th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am from Canada and they charged alot more then what I seen the add foor
 14th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am from Canada and they charged more then they addvertized it be to be
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just joined this month and found out they took $65.00 more making my membership $71.40 when I signed it said $5.95 for a year. I am changing my bank account tomorrow. F. rip offs.
 4th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

My life - shoddy refund practices
Alabama

I signed up with "MyLIfe" because we are in the process of researching our genealogy. After just a few minutes on the site I figured out that this was not going to be of any use to us. I had signed up for a full year subscription, when I called them, they informed me that while they could cancel my subscription, they would not refund all of my fees. They kep $30.00 of the full fee saying that was part of their conditions. I still have access to the service for 3 months since they kept the money, which is only fair but since I determined I didn't want access to any of it, they should have refunded the entire thing.
 29th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Everyone and anyone who used a debit card should change banks and get a new Debit card elsewhere if your bank won't refund you your money. Bank's say they cannot prevent them from charging on your acct. but they often will refund you your money by charging them back the fees (whatever money they charged you), especially if it's a reoccurring charge from them and that they are also giving out your bank information without permission on your part, to other companies.

Once you tell the bank that you have tried to cancel your acct. but it is impossible to do so, and that no one ever answers the phone, so that you can cancel, as well as you're emails. That you have emailed them without anyone EVER responding to your emails OR CANCELLING YOUR ACCOUNT...They will automatically take off the charges...they should anyway.

I think the banks will make you fill out a formal complaint on some form, but it is certainly worth the time to stop them from doing this. Send a letter to your states Governor or Senator telling them whats going on here and suggest to them a new LAW that can prevent "companies" (ESPECIALLY INTERNET COMPANIES THAT ARE DOING THIS AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT!! (Scams). It's maddening!!!

It may be hard initially from stopping an internet company from doing this, but once they have enough complaints, the phone numbers that don't work...(who they are registered to) and they have the ISP numbers, they should have enough information to track them down. Difficult, but NOT impossible for them to do.

Anyone who has not yet done so yet, who is still being charged all these fees, what are you waiting for?...IF you're not getting HELP from your bank...Cancel your account...ALL of your accounts with that bank who won't help you get your money back...(whether it's a charge account or a Debit card) and get rid ofthem if they're notgoing to help you!
 31st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Mylife is nothing but a scam and ripoff . . . Stay away from them and save your time and money . . . and life. THEY STEAL MONEY FROM PEOPLE WHO SIGN UP AND PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION!
 24th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
you guys want action? report all of these to ftc.gov! believe it or not, they can actually make a difference!

MyLife Logo MyLife