Posted:

Account payments

4.1
The total incompetence of Multichoice accounts dept, Regular payments made on or before end of month via internet which take 48 Hrs to reflect on their acc, My invoice date being the 2nd of the month.
I have had my dstv disconnected 4 times in as many months, E mails to the Idiots are replied with " we received your payment and have discarded the reconnection fee and have reconnected you" including other Bullshit except to answer my complaint of why i was disconnected, only to be disconnected 14 days later with a demand for payment of R692.25 +R50.00 reconnection fee. This matter has been handed to my attorneys with all proof of payments to demand a refund and to terminate this service. I like many others wil be subscribing to the new satelite tv provider, Hopfully multichoice will soon realise that they needed their customers to survive !!!
Complaint comments Comments (57) Complaint country South Africa Complaint category Satellite & Cable TV

Comments

7th of Jul, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I CERTAINLY HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM!!! A MONKEY WILL DO A BETTER JOB THAN YOUR CALL CENTRE STAFF. BATTLING NOW FOR 2 DAYS TO RE-CONNECT MY DSTV. THIS, AFTER PAYING R1400.00. THIS IS ADVANCE PAYMENT.
 10th of Sep, 2010 by    -1 Votes

Multichoice - Lacks information to resolve the problem
multichoice.co.za

I have two subscriptions on one account, for the last few months I have only received one mag. I have complained to them via their call centre and this site. The last I heard was an answer to my question asking if I could put one subscription in my husband's name so I could receive two mags. The answer was to the affirmative, but no instructions as to how this could be actioned were forthcoming, Worn out from holding on to their website line - I have given up.Not that it matters = there are so many repeats I can just about guess what is going to be shown!
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Multichoice - Multichoice trickery to increase revenue
multichoice.co.za

For the last 6 months I've been alternating my DSTV on and off each month in order to save money. I have paid for a full year of Easyview so I don't have to pay the R50 penalty each time either.

August I switched it on and asked the lady when my R499 would finish. She said on the 7th September. Sure enough, on the 8th Sept my decoder is switched off. BUT, the next day it's on again. I thought it was a mistake but as the days passed it stayed on and of course I watched some of it. Come the end of the month and I receive a bill for R1031 when infact I don't owe anything, except if I wanted it on for Oct I would owe R499 upfront. When I phoned to complain I was told Multichoice have no record of me wanting to be disconnected on the 7th September. When I said that I DID have a record of it the person changed tactics and said 'well did you watch it?' I was so annoyed I asked to speak to someone with more authority, then I was put on a permanent hold.

This happened to me a couple of years ago but I wasn't sure of dates, instructions etc. so I paid. And a friend I told this to said she had experienced the same thing.

This is trickery by Multichoice. If we don't pay we're banned for life.
 27th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes

Multichoice - I am going to cancel my account if i get no satisfaction
multichoice.co.za

I took out decoder insurance in July August 2009, as I started having problems with my decoder.
Upon my decoder failing completely I then went to multichoice on the 11 october 2009 in randburg to have it tested and maybe replaced as per the call agent i spoke to on the 10 october.

when i got to the sevice centre i was told, sorry ma'am the insurance you took out is not for your decoder but someone elses, I asked who's decoder was insured then, well it came to my attention that my husbands decoder was being insured, no-one could help me.
So i had no choice but to buy a new decoder through the call centre who *** up with my account.

How can you take out insurance under your own id number and allocte the payment to someone elses decoder. It came out of my account for 4 months and I think that DSTVMULTICHOICE should refund me my 499-00 i paid for a new decoder as it was not my fault through the stupidity of the call centre.

I have the letter insuring my decoder and its high time somebody does something as this is now going to the ombudsman for insurance too.

Your service regarding this is utterly disgusting, I am going to cancel my account if i get no satisfaction.
 4th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes

Multichoice - Multichoice's refuses to respond
multichoice.co.za

Multichoice decided to stop charging credit cards for monthly subscriptions without informing me about it. A couple of months later I got a rude letter of demand and phone calls re the account that is in arrears. I wanted to speak to a manager and have made in excess of 30 calls to Multichoice already, to speak to a person capable of dealing with my complaint. I have yet to receive a response or be put through to a manager. I have now received my new statement, the first in many months and my account is still in arrears.
 12th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
DSTV becomes just like our government. Only uneducated staff working at the call centre. I changed my account number at leased two times already but every month they cut me off. When I phone Miss HALLO tells me O SORRY WE ONLY HAVE THE OLD NUMBER bla bla bla. Please employ people with skills not by colour.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

Multichoice - I am very close to canceling my subscription
Multichoice

I am bitterly disappointed that Supersport has chosen not to broadcast the World Rally Championships this year. After querying this directly with them I was told that they don't have the rights to broadcast it, without any further explanations (seeing as we've been shown the WRC for years now). A further request for information and clarification has gone unanswered.

General motorsport coverage on Dstv is minimal, considering that there are thousands of motorsport fans in SA, and now a major championship is also not being broadcast. Why do I pay so much every month? There is so much motorsport that we don't see: Super V8's, GT Championships, Isle of Man etc... that a specialised Motorport channel could be created ??

Multichoice, you are not doing a good job with your broadcast offerings. I won't even get into the 'repeats' argument or the fact that almost everything we see is 10 years old.
 13th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

Multichoice - Sick of signal always gone
Multichoice

I'm writing on behalf of just about everyone I know that has DSTV. Its never been a problem before but in the last 3-4months everytime it rains mildly or even times when it is not, DSTV scrambles, this is almost everytime anyone in my household wants to watch TV. It is not my instalation, this is a DSTV problem. I am getting to the point where I would rather not pay the R500pm, because its starting to feel like a waste of money when you watch a program half way and then it scrambles, what is the point. This problem really needs to be sorted out, I'm sure if DSTV had any compitition, the service delivery would be much better?
 25th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

Multichoice - Multichoice is the only company that requires me to go to the offices personally and make the changes
Multichoice

I recently changed bank accounts and have been changing the details with all my creditors. All of this was able to be done by phone andor fax and in a lot of cases via the internet.

However, Multichoice is the ONLY company that requires me to go to the offices personally and make the changes. I find this totally unacceptable and really inconvenient. I don't understand why they bother to have an online presence when you can't change your banking details or why I can't send a fax confirming the new details.

Surely this is a burden on the call centres when people are standing in lines changing their details.

Multichoice its time to come into the 21st Century.
 25th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

Multichoice - A hundred hours on the phone and still no joy
Multichoice

I didn't get my Dish Magazine this month. It's a regular occurrence but this month I made the mistake of phoning to complain. What a mistake that was. I have spoken to dozens of people. All of whom have either promised to have the magazine sent out to me, or promised to investigate and phone me back. But despite the solemn promises of everyone I've spoken to, no one has phoned me back - until today - and I'm still magazine-less. The call centre operators are quite happy to give you a reference number but everytime you phone in it makes no difference - you have to repeat the same story. The problem with Multichoice's call centre - I'm sure this applies to other call centres - is the operator knows you will never get him her next time you phone so he can tell you any amount of rubbish he wants to and be safe. He just wants to get you off the phone as soon as possible and will tell you anything to do that. I have tried speaking to someone with more seniority but have been told that such people do not deal with customers and their names, phone numbers, and email addresses cannot be divulged to customers. You speak to a call centre operator or you get lost.
 8th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes

Multichoice - Fraudulent use of account assisted by Multichoice
Multichoice

I discovered Multichoise taking money out of my account when I haven't had any service from them in 4 years. I called only to speak to Ouphile in the call centre who advised I had re-instated my account in March 2010. I told him I haven't lived in South Africa for 4 years and no longer own the property the service is registered to. He kept saying I called to reconnect, the more I said I didn't. I told him to disconnect with immediate effect and I want this investigated because how can someone just reconnect services in my name, charges to my South African bank account when I have all my personal details with me in another country. The service was not disconnected, the matter not investigated as my sister in South Africa received a call from a multichoice office and the offender, to ask why he cannot reconnect services? So Multichoice gave the man who stole my identity my phone number as well and told him to phone and ask why he cannot reconnect. I still have had no response from them and they continue to mess up. They do not believe I am no longer in South Africa and someone has stolen my identity and used it to reconnect an old account at my expense.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by    -1 Votes

Multichoice - 2 months and still no satisfaction
Multichoice

During February I had a problem with my DSTV Account. After logging a complint on this site I was contacted by a Customer Service Rep. of DSTV (Liesel Daniels) who assured me that my issue will be sorted out. She has not yet until date sorted out my problem. I get disconnected every 2 weeks or so and I have to call in incurring expeses on my phone bill at my cost to keep explaining the issue to DSTV and get reconnected. The Problem is still not sorted and I have to keep explaining the SAME problems over and over again without putting the problem to rest.
I am absolutely furious !!!
 14th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have logged a call about incorrect debit on my account on the 12th of January, until today I havent received my money and I was told I will get it after 7 working days...
 1st of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
We sent an email to your customer care or to whom it may concern about the poor, pathetic and abosolutely unacceptable signal. We hope we wll not be expected to pay further subscript to you. We have not had signal for the past two weeks and this is really unacceptable. There is no apology what so ever from you and this problem doesn't seem to be going. It started off with MM2 months ago, but now its all the channels.
 30th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
always when you make a call to you u send us from pilllar to post and we loose alot of airetime .
 1st of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

Multichoice - MISLEADING ADVERTISING
South Africa

I bought a new PVR Decoder on [Hidden Web Address] after being BOMBARDED with advertisements on how great PVR is. Only to find out after I've cancelled my older model decoder and smart card that if you are on an older model a installations of an extra cable is required, which totals anything from R1000 to R1500. NO WHERE did multichoice EVER mention this in their advertisements, on the sales page of the decoder on Kalahari or any other advertisement I have seen. If I had known before hand I would not have purchased the PVR decoder. This is false and misleading advertising and I am taking this matter much further, I will be complaining to every consumer forum available and I am taking this to the press. According to the new consumer law this is not acceptable and I will take this matter furhter. I demand to be refunded for the PVR decoder or have the installation done free! My account is always paid and up to date, for what? Only to be mislead and mistreated? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Amzing how amny people are complaining about the same problem around account payments. I have the same problem. How many South Africans have DSTV and experience the same problem. R50 reconnection fee x 200 000 = R1million extra profits for Multichoice? On top of that we have more repeat programs than ever before - where are they spending the money - I've never seen so, many reruns of "Lets Dance" before! I wonder what having Top TV would be like? Winston
 2nd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Experiencing the same problems as the above, month after month. Fully paid but service disconnected out of the blue and months and months of haggling and struggling about the reconnection fee. Useless and waste of time and money to contact any one of the call centres with their incompetent staff and getting nowhere.
What a useless and incompetent lot!!!
H Stone Knysna
 6th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Paid my acount but they put my dstv off what is the amount then? account nr:26270049
 8th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
To whom it may concern

I have paid my account can you please open it now.

My aCCOUNT NUMBER IS 608422249X7041748