logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
3. (0 mins ago)
BMW
winning of lottery 500,000 Pounds, asking personal details and bank account nos.
4. (1 mins ago)

Mt. Vernon Coin Company

Posted:    Link

Stay away at all costs

Mt. Vernon Coin Company
Wow, They really took my father for about $15, 000 in cleaned coins. Shame on them. I just went thru all the coins he bought from Mt. Vernon Coin Company and even had some graded. All came back as cleaned. Some even had the purple cleaner still on them in the sealed containers from their company. I will truely let everyone know that their company is truely nothing more than a sham. Don't let them sell you anything that is BU because it is BS! They clean every coin coming in their doors!

My father spent about 10 years sending them money every week for coins, and they were all FAKE BU Coins!! So when it comes time for him to retire and put his investment to work for him, It's all worth 1/2 of what he paid, if not less.

Once of the coins my father bought was a $2000 coin. And it came back as improberly cleaned, with scraches, AU detail. Coin was avertised as Gem BU, What a waste.

The people that run this company should be arrested for fraud and Counterfiting, since that is what they are doing. Trying to change money to make it worth more. That's like taking a $1 and turning it into a $20. They are both money, only one is worth more.

If your a coin collector Stay away from Mt. Vernon Coin Company, you'll be glad you did!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Aug, 2010 by   LABS88 0 Votes
I've bought coins from Mt.Vernon and have had this happen a few times. I ordered a Franlin Half and the bell on the reverse had no bell lines and no text. I sent it back, and they returned a nice coin. I can't say if it was cleaned or not. I've also dealt with a major dealer in Virginia that advertises in the coin magazines, and they're not any better.
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   climbhi 0 Votes
Lousy customer service at Mt. Vernon. Shipped me the wrong coin and didn't even offer to pay the shipping for the return!!! Still waiting for the right coin to appear...Stick with Golden Eagle Coins or Executive Coins, Coinland; many coin dealers out there are better than these guys!!!
 15th of May, 2012 by   lavenderladycd 0 Votes
They tried to get me but I had Paypal to back me up
I brought sacagawea uncirculated. They were in terrible condition. They have lousy business practices. Will not use again.
 9th of Sep, 2014 by   Richard Harrington 0 Votes
I am retired FBI. I have had exactly the opposite experience with Mt. Vernon Coin. The Morgans I received were as advertised. When a particular date was unavailable, the company promptly credited my credit card. I am surprised to read the complaints set forth above. Richard Harrington, Fleming Island, Fl 32003.

Banks Clean Up on Homeowners Insurance