Mt. Vernon Coin Company

Stay away at all costs

Mt. Vernon Coin Company
Wow, They really took my father for about $15, 000 in cleaned coins. Shame on them. I just went thru all the coins he bought from Mt. Vernon Coin Company and even had some graded. All came back as cleaned. Some even had the purple cleaner still on them in the sealed containers from their company. I will truely let everyone know that their company is truely nothing more than a sham. Don't let them sell you anything that is BU because it is BS! They clean every coin coming in their doors!

My father spent about 10 years sending them money every week for coins, and they were all FAKE BU Coins!! So when it comes time for him to retire and put his investment to work for him, It's all worth 1/2 of what he paid, if not less.

Once of the coins my father bought was a $2000 coin. And it came back as improberly cleaned, with scraches, AU detail. Coin was avertised as Gem BU, What a waste.

The people that run this company should be arrested for fraud and Counterfiting, since that is what they are doing. Trying to change money to make it worth more. That's like taking a $1 and turning it into a $20. They are both money, only one is worth more.

If your a coin collector Stay away from Mt. Vernon Coin Company, you'll be glad you did!
Was the above complaint useful?

12th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I've bought coins from Mt.Vernon and have had this happen a few times. I ordered a Franlin Half and the bell on the reverse had no bell lines and no text. I sent it back, and they returned a nice coin. I can't say if it was cleaned or not. I've also dealt with a major dealer in Virginia that advertises in the coin magazines, and they're not any better.
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
Lousy customer service at Mt. Vernon. Shipped me the wrong coin and didn't even offer to pay the shipping for the return!!! Still waiting for the right coin to appear...Stick with Golden Eagle Coins or Executive Coins, Coinland; many coin dealers out there are better than these guys!!!
 15th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
They tried to get me but I had Paypal to back me up
I brought sacagawea uncirculated. They were in terrible condition. They have lousy business practices. Will not use again.
 9th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
I am retired FBI. I have had exactly the opposite experience with Mt. Vernon Coin. The Morgans I received were as advertised. When a particular date was unavailable, the company promptly credited my credit card. I am surprised to read the complaints set forth above. Richard Harrington, Fleming Island, Fl 32003.
 22nd of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
Dear Sir,

I'm sorry to hear that you are not pleased with the coins that your father purchased. We have been serving the collector and investor for 40 years, and rarely do we have issues related to the quality or value of the purchase. We strive to ensure the satisfaction of everyone of our customers. As you may know, we offer a "no questions asked" 21-day return privilege to allow our customers sufficient time to inspect their purchase, to be comfortable with the quality and value received. Obviously something went wrong here. It is possible that we sent the wrong coins to your father. We will be the first to admit that mistakes can happen when doing such tremendous volume. That is one good reason for a generous return privilege ... to ensure that every customer is happy with their purchase. We can never know how a particular coin will be graded by another person, giving the subjectivity of grading. Even using a grading service is not the ultimate solution. When a particular coin is graded by one of the grading services, what you receive is their opinion of the grade. If the same coin were to be submitted to that grading service on a different day or to a different grading service, often a different grade is received. That is why we use adjectival grading, giving the buyer the general idea of the appearance of the coin.
I would be happy to deal directly with you to come to a fair resolution of your concerns. Please feel free to contact us directly at admin@mountvernoncoinco.com
 22nd of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I purchased a 1906 bu penny that was perfect except for a large (1/8 inch) tarnished spot on the front. This was probably from improper packaging, I also purchased an unc 1927 quarter which was at best au and was definitely cleaned. Two out of two is simply thievery. The only good thing is after returning them I got a prompt refund. I had to pay shipping both ways. Stay away from this shop. They are incapable of being fair. JoelTaran Ithaca NY

Contact Us