logo

2. (39 mins ago)
Employment
FALSE ADVERTISING
3. (50 mins ago)
Thian boon jie design and contractor
Full of lies
4. (54 mins ago)
SapphireMembers.com
Bad experience
5. (54 mins ago)
forevermetals.com
Bad quality rings and slow delivery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2012-06-16 by    Joaquin Guzman

Deceptive Advertizing

MoneyPak
moneypak.com
I was going to travel internationally and wanted to use my PayPal debit card to withdrawl money while out of the country. When I login to PayPal to do a bank transfer (which takes 3 to 5 days) I also see the option to use MoneyPak indicated as "You can add money to your PayPal account from MoneyPak on the secure Green Dot website" PayPal even goes as far as to indicate that the "Processing Time" is "Instant." I have found all these statements to be false and misleading thus constituting deceptive advertizing. When I attempted to use the MoneyPak to add funds to PayPal I was given a non-descriptive message "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again in an hour. We apologize for the inconvenience." I wait an hour, actually it has been exactly 2 hours and 38 minutes since the MoneyPak was purchased and I have tried at least 8 times to use it. When I called their customer service at 8:30 PM they were very unhelpful: they could not give me any explaination as to why I would be recieving errors and told me to wait an hour and try again. I did and it still didn't work and they were closed! For whatever reason their site is able to pull up the card # and see the balance, but I can't actually use it!

So in the end I have spent $804.95, MoneyPak has my money, name, phone number and social security number and I have absolutly nothing to show for it.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jun, 2012 by   Green Dot Corp. 0 Votes
We truly apologize for your experience. We assure you that MoneyPak is a safe, secure, and quick way to add money to Paypal accounts. When using a MoneyPak to load your Paypal account Green Dot will collect, verify and record your personal information on behalf of PayPal. We want to assist you with your reload, please send an email to Customer.Advocacy@greendotcorp.com for assistance if you still need help with the reload. Please include your name and a phone number so we can reach you.
 2nd of Jul, 2012 by   carol999 0 Votes
I am having the same issues with green dot moneypak/paypal. Talked with both customer service department, paypal and greendot and the issue can't be resolved at the moment!!! I would have NEVER used green dot if paypal didn't recommend them - I feel that's its a total fraud. So I am out money - green dot has my social security number, and I nothing... DON'T LISTEN TO PAYPAL ABOUT INSTANT MONEY FROM GREEN DOT - FRAUD!!!
 1st of Feb, 2013 by   Shewchuk 0 Votes
They are scam artist! Stay away from them!!!

Dental Insurance: Should You Bite?

Latest Groups