Mohawk Smartstrand

Posted:

Avoid them

Mohawk Smartstrand
I replaced my home carpet after 15 years only because it was out-dated. I was suckered into Mohawk's smartstrand 2 years ago based on their ads. Carpet is in high traffic areas, LR, BR, stairs, hall. We have no children, no pets, take off our shoes and vacuum regularly. Within 9 months, smartstrand was looking soiled. Salesman offered cleaning after a year. Mohawk's brochure says steam cleaning will return it to like new appearance. They ran steamer over areas several times and blamed it on a shadow. Made claim with Mohawk, they made me pay to have it cleaned again and have now tried 3 times with NO results. Carpet looks soiled, almost black and awful. Mohawk sent out an inspector who wasted my time. He took a white rag and repeatedly rubbed areas until the rag looked dirty, although the carpet appearance never changed. He blamed me and everything under the sun, except the carpet. Mohawk denied my claim because dirt was transferred to the rag, it must not be the carpet. What a joke and insult. SMARTSTRAND CARPET IS JUNK. Mohawk DOES NOT honor their bogus warranty. I am warning anyone I can, not to waste your money like I did.
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

29th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
We had a very similar experience. After one year the carpet looked dirty, matted down in several places and had two spots which would not come out. Mohawk sent out a carpet inspector which was an absolute joke. He found that there was no manufacturer defect. Now I am not a carpet inspector, but I am smart enough to know that stains that will not come out of a stain proof carpet is not right. After two years we began shopping for a replacement. At that point we went back to Home Depot where we bought the carpet. They interceeded and replaced the carpet without question.

Mohawk was absolutly terrible. Your comments are right on target.
 31st of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
If dirt transferred to a white rag after rubbing your carpet it obviously came from the carpet. Dirt on the rag = dirty carpet. Sounds like the company who "cleaned" your carpet did not do a very good job.
 14th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
I am experiencing the same problem. After the carpet was installed it looked dirty. The adds sounded so promising, the reason I purchased it. I have heard you get no where with the carpet inspectors so I didn't bother to call them. I would not recommend to any one to purchase smart strand.
 28th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Our carpet is holding-up beautifully. What I have noticed immediately after installation in 2009 and since then is a light bluish colored film on any and all glass in the home. I wash the windows and mirrors and within a month the film is quite visible and only gets thicker and dirtier. Even the underside of our glass table tops gets just as filmy as the windows. I never had to wash the windows as often before we got this carpet. I thought the filming would get less noticeable with time but has not. If the gas released from this carpet is causing filming on the glass, then it is on the walls, ceilings, furniture, everything. Worse yet, I'm breathing the air with this film causing gas. Anyone else notice excessively filmy windows?

Contact Us