logo

Thief and liar

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Metabolic Research Center, Midland, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Very disappointed with HCG and center

Metabolic Research Center Contacts & Informations

Metabolic Research Center

Posted: 2011-02-05 by    timetogetsmart

Very disappointed with HCG and center

Metabolic Research Center
Midland, Texas
Very disappointed in the center and the diet. I wish I had read the complaints before joining. I too was charged like $299.00 to join and left without one thing except what to eat for 3-4 days. During those days the diet wasn't that bad. But when you return, you have to buy all these products and given an 800 calorie diet, which is very very hard to adhere to. I was pressured to buy an extra bottle of HCG at a discounted price, and under the impression that the 2nd bottle would be needed, even though I told them I only wanted to stay on the dietn for 30 days. I have followed the diet religiously for 3 weeks and have not even used a 1/4 of one bottle of HCG. At the time of purchase, I had no idea what the bottle looked like, the amount in bottle, and what little amount I would be using. After 3 weeks, and puchasing additional products, such as their protein drinks, I tried to return the unopened products, plus the extra bottle of HCG. The center makes it very clear that they will not honor any returns, even though they are not opened. I had bought these on a Monday and tried to return on a Wed. I was told they did not think it was good customer service to sell items returned, even though they were unopened products...However, they have a basket of opened products of individual envelopes which allows a customer to exchange products they do not like for something else. I will stay on the diet the remainder of this week to allow me to use the products. I have lost weight, but not at a pound per week as they claim the diet works. I am a firm believer now that anyone can lose weight on an 800 calorie diet, without all those other products and the expense. If you go to one of these centers, please check out the diet food plan before you commit. I can assure you will be get very frustrated at eating 4 egg whites each and every day for breakfast. There is absolutely no variety allowed. And you can forget any eating out. You are a diet hermit. Their advertisement (brochures) also claim you are monitored by a physician. I have not seen one yet, even though I visit the center twice per week. Oh and by the way, when I tried to return the products, the manager said they could switch me to another program which usually costs over $200 but they would waive that fee...but of course I would have to continue on their products...Yea right!
Comments United States Diet Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Aug, 2011 by   nicknjax 0 Votes
I had the same experience in Jacksonville, FL in 1999. They were not using the HCG at that time but I was pressured into buying their products twice a week for about $200.00 each visit. i was with them for about 6 weeks and had never seen anyone but a sales person. I was visiting for 3 weeks before anyone asked if i had done Ketone Strips. Apparently I was supposed to be doing Ketone checks every visit. There only priority was selling product.
I switched to Atkins and begin losing weight much faster than MRC programs. No expensive products to buy.

ENM Jacksonville, FL