logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (16 mins ago)
Achievers Point Knowledge Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Delay in Delivery
2. (17 mins ago)
NSS
Company ignores communication and doesn’t provide orders
3. (26 mins ago)
Littledale Hall Therapeutic Community lancaster lancashire rehab
Little dale hall Keith Robertson Sue Robinson Rehab RehabilitationLhtc lie, bad experience dishonest break up family friends relationships lancaster
5. (33 mins ago)

Menards

Posted:    Keiran

Beware

Menards
I spent over $13, 000 on a kitchen remodel and bought my cabinets at the exasperating Evansville, Indiana store. The so-called designer made an error on the CAD drawing which forced me to spend more money on additional cabinets and brought construction to a halt for 3 weeks. Then, regarding the cabinets they should NOT have put on the order, I got "No ma'am, you absolutely cannot return those two cabinets, they were special order." They also lost the entire computer file (read here - most likely deleted it when they saw they made the error because the guy got up and left the area for a few minutes to go to another computer, returned, and after "searching" for a while, said it was gone. Yes I still have the printout of the file though). They refuse to admit they made a mistake, and the store manager, C. M., is a *** who only cares about covering his own rear end and tells "Guest Services" he talked this over with me several times with the resolution that I didn't want to return the unnecessarycabinets. He called ONE time and that was nearly 6 weeks after the cabinets came in. Also, the Eau Claire Guest Services will "only do business by mail"... snail mail. They don't thoroughly read the mail you send them, so their answers are inane and uninformed. They also did not respond to the BBB complaint until 3 weeks after the case was closed. Completely frustrating, unbelievable indifference, and outright denial. Even after numerous letters of explanation of the problem, Guest Services still was saying it was a manufacturer's problem. Now that the Attorney General is involved, they are saying they offered to take them back and I said no, but when I asked for that in writing, they refused. NEVER NEVER NEVER again. My contractor referred his next remodel to another store after seeing what lousy service Menard's has.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Aug, 2010 by   Kalamazoo JIM 0 Votes
I totally agree. From my ex.perience, it sounds like a re;lay. If you are refered to Guest Services, get ready for an impossible trip. I purchased carpeting. I had the installer that was on their recommend list pick it up to install. Found the carpet thickness off an eighth of an inch I didn't think that was a big deal. He showed me and it looked OK until it was glued down. Now there is a complete difference in paatterbn between the two pieces! I immediately went to Menards and spoke with the salesperson. He responded that unfortunately the 2 pieces came from different lots. The often happens when that is the case. I asked, "Why would you select unmatching pieces to fill my order? Well he insinuated that sometimes things like that happen. I was getting nowehere so I asked for the store manager. He came, told me about the same thing. Said they didn't have enough to replace the section that was a problem and I would have to contact guest services. So they gave me the forms to complete and send to Wisconsin. I couldn't believe that they would not solve the problem locally. After all, I purchased the product from them, installed it and it was not satisfactory. Anyway, I sent a letter and all the information requested and about sten days later, I received a copy of a letter they had sent to Citation Carpeting in Dalton, GA! It said that I had received questionable product and THEY should contact me right away. They never did but customert services did. They offered 2 solutions that would return some of the purchase price with instore credits. Neither solution was satisfactory. I had paid for the installation, one solution would require me to pay to have it removed and returned but they wouldn't pay for the adhesive used for the installation or the metal doorway hardware. After 2 or 3 more letters and reaponses that in general said the same thing, I got the feeling that they would prefer I just go away. So I went back to the store in Kalamazoo, MI and asked for the manager. I took my file and pictures and he was very sympathetic. Asked me what I would like and I said I would like the old stuff replaced or I would keep it as is but would like a CASH refund of 274.00. I said that the last thing on earth that I would want was an instore credit for Menards. He told the cashier to give me 274.00, was very apologetic and indicated that Guest Services in Wisconsin, relys too much on form letters and probably do not even read your response. I thanked him and said I appreciated them taking care of it at the local level after I had spent 8 WEEKS, trying to get the Co. to stand behind the products it sells. If I were a contractor, I would advise to STAY CLEAR OF MENARD'S. you are asking for trouble!
 17th of May, 2011 by   fa0gdafgobanfdgho[ubaga -1 Votes
same situation at my store, scheduled for 28 hours in a week and maybe work 16...maybe. then on weekends, its stay till its done. we dont care if you are here all night.

Penny Auction Scams