logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
gobuu.com
Don’t buy from this company
2. (4 mins ago)
OmanAir
refund
5. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Melaleuca Complaints & Reviews - Bought the vitamins and I got very sick from them

Melaleuca Contacts & Informations

Melaleuca

Posted:    Mia

Bought the vitamins and I got very sick from them

Melaleuca
I signed up for melaleuka and ordered the vitality 4 for women. I took them as soon as they came and eveytime I took a dose I got sicker and sicker. My rep told me that his rep told him that I was supposed to take only half of them and I would feel better. I was nausous, dizzy, short of breath, throwing up, had hives and welts on my body. Also I would get so sweaty the sweat dripped down my back. I can't even believe they would still tell me to take them. They told me this was normal!!!
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2010 by   jc1219 0 Votes
did you talk to your doctor about taking them...ou could b having a reaction to one of the ingredients...just cuz they say natural doesnt mean that you body will like them...I would stop taking them til you find out from ur doctor
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   PocketAces 0 Votes
I would also try taking after taking a few bites of food don't take them on an empty stomach as I have had the same reaction on almost any multivitamine. If that still does not help then resort to the coment above. To be honest though they really are a great company with great products so I would not loose hope right away
 20th of Jun, 2010 by   the real snarko 0 Votes
Does it contain valerian? Your symptoms sound EXACTLY what happened to me (not from this company) drinking valerian tea to "chill out", only to find I'm DEATHLY allergic to it.

But I "ODed" on it, since my heartrate wouldn't go down and I thought I still needed to "chill out". The heart will wind up surrounded with water; the lungs will fill with it (hence can't breath). Lying down makes it WORSE.

Just curious if listed in ingredients. Anyone else: this allergy is rare; valerian's not the Devil.
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   Truth Teller 0 Votes
Here are a LOT of testimonys about Melaleuca vitamins...

20th of Aug, 2010 by   INflea 0 Votes
Most people do great on the vitality 4 pack, but occasionally a person will not react to it well. This happened to my enroller, he switched to just the multivitamin and calcium separately and has had no problem since. That is what your rep should have advised you to try. There is something in the vitality 4 that a few people don't agree with, maybe it is the valerian as one person suggested. I do great with it as long as I take it with food. It will make you a little sick on an empty stomach, but the reaction you describe is not normal. Try taking them separately rather than the pack.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by   melajenn 0 Votes
Melaleuca vitamins are the best anywhere. It's been proven by science and documented in esteemed medical journals. Your experience is isolated and unfortunate but is not a reflection on the effectiveness and quality of Melaleuca Vitamins. I would never take another supplement after being on Melaleuca Vitamins the last 8 years.
Jen Baird
jenniferbaird@iglide.net
 23rd of Jun, 2011 by   tdshack 0 Votes
I too have had a rare and unfortunate reaction to the melaleuca product. I have had shortness of breath the past few days and this morning had nausea and ended up fainting. I believe it is a reaction to the vitamins, and after getting blood work that resulted in me not being anemic, hypoglycemic or diabetic - all levels were normal. My doctor recommended that I discontinue taking the vitamins. I am not on the vitality pack but after reading this initial complaint I'm glad that I was only taking the multivitamin/calcium bottles because I could have had a worse reaction.
 7th of Aug, 2012 by   nzapanda 0 Votes
Hey, I've purchased the Vitality Pack Total because I am a avid believer in today's environment we are lacking in nutrition. I have similar effects of nausea and feel lightheaded when I take the vitamins ONLY when I don't eat before hand. I've been told by my doctor the reason why pills are usually recommended to be taken after eating is stomach acid to start working more efficiently only after eating. I believe the nausea is from the high absorption rate of the Melaleuca vitamins, because other vitamins do NOT have this effect, which is a good thing so long as I eat before I take the vitamins. I just want to recommend to people from my personal experience to try to take the vitamins after a meal and see how they feel.
 28th of Mar, 2013 by   Mary AP 0 Votes
I've been on the Melaleuca vitamins for 6 months never had a problem, but I always take vitamins with food. I have more energy; hair and nails are stronger; pain in my hip is gone! I could not ask for a better result. I am so glad I found this company. You should not to take any vitamin without food. There isn't a vitamin out there that is the quality of Melaleuca and I've tried them all. I won't be switching.
 20th of Apr, 2013 by   davidsheri 0 Votes
I have been taking the Melaleuca Vitality 6 for almost 7 years. I do need to take them with food because they make me a little queasy on an empty stomach. They are very potent vitamins and I have a history of stomach problems so a lot of things would have that effect such as fresh vegetables. I also have a history of not having much resistance to colds/flu. Since I have been taking these vitamins, I hardly ever get sick or if I do, it is mild and I can go about my daily business. I have only had one stomach flare-up since I started taking Provex and it was only because I had to take anti-inflammatories due to a shoulder injury. If someone has an allergy to a group of medicine or food, they should hold them all and just start taking one at a time to rule out which one is causing an issue. As a Primary Health Care Provider, that is what I would do! Also, call the company's 800 number for product support if your marketing representative does not know the answer.

How To Create a Password Even Your Ex Can't Hack