logo

AMI Energy Solutions
Fraud/Scam
4. (46 mins ago)
Walden University
cost, lack of response, grievance filed without so much as an acknowledgment...the list goes on!
5. (53 mins ago)

Meaningful Beauty

Posted:    Grandma Ellen

Cancelling "Automatic" shipments

Guthy-Renker Meaning Beauty
I received the starter pack in mid March 2010, then I sent an email to cancel any automatic shipments on 3/30. Low and behold I received a "too late to cancel" email on 4/15 and a new shipment on Saturday, 4/17 -- 19 days after my initial email. In these days of computers this sort of time lag is totally ridiculous.

I once made the mistake of trying to order through the phone and was led through such a dense series of sales pitches for more products, that I hung up!

There are other products out there that are just as good without all these deceitful practices.
Comments United States Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Dec, 2010 by   Dee Ramsey 0 Votes
DO NOT ORDER FORM THEM!!! I received the same "starter kit" in March 2010. They then sent me another shipment. That was fine, I hadn't had time to evaluate whether I liked it or not or if it would break me out. They sent another shipment. By this time I had discovered that it did break me out and I couldn't use it. I called to cancel the shipments. Little did I kow that the second shipment was a 90 day supply!!! and they were going to charge my card 3, yes 3 charges of $29.95! Luckily, the card I had given them was up for renewal so the only got 1 more charge out off of it. Then I get a notice from a collection agency for $29.95 and they say I still owe them $29.95. Hang on, I paid two payments of $29.95 (one for the trial and and one for the second shipment). If I owed for 3 payments on the second shipment, wouldn't they be coming after me for $59.90, not $29.95. I haven't opened the second shipment so I don't know if it's a 90 day supply or not! And, since I only opened the trial packege, I don't know what a 30-day supply looks like! Liars!!!

How to Protect Older Americans From Fraud