logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Dr. Dova Saga
I specialize in various fields of Spell Casting.
2. (16 mins ago)
Light Stays On - Unsafe

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Maytag Quiet Series 300 / Dishwasher Complaints & Reviews - Won't clean dishes!

Maytag Quiet Series 300 / Dishwasher Contacts & Informations

Maytag Quiet Series 300 / Dishwasher

Posted:    Pamela Barnes

Won't clean dishes!

Maytag Quiet Series 300
Bought Maytag Quiet Series 300 at Home Depot. Worked okay (takes MUCH more time to go through the cycle than others I've had) but in the past 2 months it hasn't been washing all the dishes. The dishes on top and bottom rack in the FRONT are not clean. The back seems to be clean. I've tried everything, short of calling a repair man. And of course the warranty expired 3 months ago... ironic timing.

Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Mar, 2011 by   Annie Bow 0 Votes
After a year and a half, this machine's control panel stopped working. Only a few of the buttons light, and unfortunately, start is not one of them. We are going to bite the bullet and buy a new dishwasher rather than spend more $$$ on this piece of trash. I called Maytag and they said we would have to pay for the repair, and it would only be guaranteed for 90 days. As if!

It was so loud and never cleaned well anyway. But at least it would start!

Sadly, like others, the Maytag name lured us in. And like others, we will never again buy a Maytag! I still cannot believe this dishwasher (such as it was) only lasted a year and a half.
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   Pdbrains 0 Votes
My Maytage series 300 was not cleaning the dishes and the glasses well. It was leaving lots of residue and particles on the glasses in the top rack and the dishes were not that clean. Was living with it until I found out why. The top rack middle washer was not spining properly if at all. This was due to the fact that the rubber seal where the rack connects to the water supply was shot. The seal was shot and the rubber flap that was supposed to block the alternate inlet was bad. After I fixed it no more dirty glasses or dishes.
 17th of Apr, 2011 by   bugmenot2 0 Votes
Same issues here. Control panel has stopped working twice. No more warranty. Looks like this is a design flaw with the dishwasher where moisture can leak into the housing containing the control panel and eventually short it out. Class action litigation may be appropriate here.
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   FunnyfaceMe 0 Votes
Wow! I was checking out reviews on new dishwashers because I am ready to replace our 5 year old Maytag Quiet Series 300 because it does not clean the dishes when my husband suggested I check the reviews on the one I had. I sure never expected to find that so many people were as unhappy with this machine as I am. The racks are in terrible shape ... pieces have come right off because of the rust. We had to put bolts in to hold the wheels on the racks because they rusted off. Now it just doesn't clean the dishes no matter what I do. We were shopping today for a new one and we didn't look at anything with the name Maytag on it. Sadly they are just going on their name now ... there was a time when Maytag was the dishwasher to buy.
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   lamklz 0 Votes
Wow! I'm not crazy after all! I thought it was something I did to make this machine completely crash on us after only 2 years. I "Googled" Maytag 300 to try to "trouble shoot" what could be wrong with the control panel, and this post popped up. We've had a repair-man out twice! Once for the FIRE HAZARD recall and a second time for the control panel. He replaced the entire panel (luckily still under warranty) but now it turns on when it wants! WTH? I'm on the verge of rolling the POS to the curb!
 1st of May, 2011 by   taylorw 0 Votes
This is a total piece of crap. I have every single problem mentioned here. I will never buy a Maytag again. My dishes come out dirty with baked on food. I may as well hand wash the dishes before I load them. It makes horrible sounds (not too quiet for a "Quiet Series."). This piece of junk came with the house - too bad the builder picked such a lousy dishwasher for so many homebuyers. I hate this thing - will buy a new one and skip the repairman who would probably be wasting my time and picking my pocket.
 18th of May, 2011 by   vorbs 0 Votes
Complete CRAP D.W.
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   duke/duchess 0 Votes
Yup, I purchased the Maytag quitseries 300 in 2009'. It went throught it's life cycle in 1.5 yrs. 1st came the blinking light stage; followed by the absolutely no lights go on stage but might operate if you patiently wait (2-3 days) and finally the lifeless stage. Consumers are getting stiffed!
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   duke/duchess 0 Votes
P.S. - You can register your complaint w/SaferProducts.gov ..
this is how product recalls evolve and it gives the
consumer good info about mfg product problems or
safety hazards people are experiencing.
The site also provides updated recall info/contact #'s.
 10th of Jul, 2011 by   nivlek +1 Votes
We bought a Maytag QuietSeries 300 a few years back. About once a year I have to disassemble and clean the 'moosh'
out of the suction path of the water pump. Mostly its moosh caught in the wire screen, which appears to be a plate
with small holes drilled in it, for the purpose of keeping food particles (said moosh) from clogging the spray bars.

I could not find a manual anywhere that tells anything about this washer, soooooo...

The baskets, the water manifold, and the covers over the water pump in the bottom need to be removed to get to the
water pump. Just take it apart piece by piece, keeping track of every single screw and clip. Keep the kids and the
dog away...

It takes about 30-45 minutes and a small Torx wrench set (similar to an allen set) to complete the task.

---Problem #1---
My screen is usually clogged with tiny food grains, leafy material, egg shell particles, and paper from washing mayo
and peanut butter jars for reuse/recycle.

---Problem #2---
The center spray bar that is mounted on the bottom of the top rack has to move in and out with the rack. It has a
seal (on the water pressure header) a male "stab" on the basket. Every time the rack is rolled out, it wears the
rubber seal out a little more.

I found mine with 1/8" (3mm) gap all around the stab, letting the water flow around the stab, pouring out into the
internal compartment, effectively bypassing blasting the dishes! This reduces pressure on the whole spray system...
the whole cleaning cycle becomes a complete waste.

---SOLUTION #1---
Go to ApplianceZone.com cam and order part number WPL 6-917647. Costs about $20 including shipping. 3-4 days on my
front porch. Snaps right in on the water header that runs up the back wall. This is the seal that accepts the stab.

Here's the link to the part...

---SOLUTION #2---
As a temporary solution, I used 5 minute epoxy to seal the upper flap shut, and then used o'rings on the stab to
prevent water leaking out around the stab. I've not even put the new part in yet. The dishes are sparkly clean.

POW! DONE!
 11th of Jul, 2011 by   Greaseman 0 Votes
I've tried many solutions to get disches clean, pouring TANG into the unit, etc. the quiet series 300 looks impressive, has ss interior but performance is a failure. Shame on Maytag.
 24th of Jul, 2011 by   egrodz 0 Votes
Thank you nivlek and one other commenter for the solutions that you recorded. I'm not sure that I will follow through with the extensive pulling apart that nivlek suggests, but it helps me to understand the problem that I am having this this maytag series 300. Our unit has worked well for the most part, with no malfunctions BUT the dishes are not coming clean - it's disgusting. Back to hand washing for now!
 4th of Sep, 2011 by   EvulTwin 0 Votes
It is sad but true, I too own the Loud Series 300. It never gets the dishes clean, even after we tried to clean out zall the spray bars. It runs for an eternity and the handle has been broken and repaired several times. The plastic racks are broken in many places & the silverware holder has so many holes, the knives & forks & things fall right through the bottom. This machine is a total waste of space, money, energy & water. I bought a dishwasher so we wouldn't have to handwash, but I like my dishes to be clean, so we have too. I will NEVER buy another maytag as along as I live. I agree that when the Maytag Man died, so did the companies pride in their products.
 4th of Sep, 2011 by   EvulTwin 0 Votes
Oh to add insult to injury, I went to the Ask A Maytag repair Technician and they want to charge me $39 just to answer the question of how do I fix a broken handle. I will NEVER do business with Maytag again.
 19th of Sep, 2011 by   outintheworld 0 Votes
CLASS ACTION UPDATE : who to contact
Jonathan Shub is no longer at Sheller law firm, he is no with Seeger Weiss
 19th of Sep, 2011 by   outintheworld 0 Votes
CLASS ACTION UPDATE: Lawyer Jonathan Shub is no longer with Sheller law firm, he is with Seeger Weiss in Philadelphia
 22nd of Sep, 2011 by   grannyapoppat 0 Votes
Oh for heavens sake! I really thought it was the way my husband saved the 100 bucks to have it installed, and did the deed himself. (I'm sorry Babe) We have had ours for approximently 6 years and I think we have put no more than six months of use in it. All dirty washes not at all satisfied with it's performance. When we bought it, we paid just over 700 for it. I will never, I repeat never by a Maytag again. I am finally at the point now to try another dishwasher. With my eyesight getting worse as I am getting older I am getting the dishes as clean as the Maytag Quiet 300. You can bet I will be checking out Consumer Reports this time around.
 11th of Oct, 2011 by   Feeling silly about it all 0 Votes
Wow. I wish that I had read these comments before. I too own this piece of junk that I bought with the assurance from Lowe's that Maytag makes the very best. The cycles are soooooooo long I have to use the delay so that we can get showers without competing with the unit. And if you want to watch TV, you can't run the unit without turning the volume up loud enough to wake the dead. My unit quit draining yesterday. I read all these posts and came across a diagram that explained how to clean the soap yuck out of the filter. BEWARE! When I took piece #7 (the filter unit) out it was attached to the motor! All the water in the unit spilled out onto the floor underneath. Sigh, another mess. I wash my dishes by hand before putting them in the unit (stupid I know) so food build-up cannot be the problem, it is just soap. I use only Finish brand like Maytag calls for and I use the stupid dishwasher cleaner every other month. I too wish I had my 1980's unit back.
 22nd of Oct, 2011 by   syagrius 0 Votes
I had the same problem. After observing a few cycles, I noticed that the soap dispenser would open immediately after turning on the dishwasher, so that the soap would be all used up during the prep cycle. I began using taps, which dissolve slowly, and since then our dishes have come out clean.
 25th of Oct, 2011 by   SJanisse 0 Votes
Shame on me for not doing a thorough research BEFORE buying ALL 5 maytag appliances from the Home Depot. I didn't plan on having to buy new appliances for years to come BUT I can tell you that I will NOT ever buy a Maytag again. So far (knock on wood) it's only the Dishwasher Quiet Series 300 which has been a complete waste of the $600+ we spent on it. New home, new appliances, 2 months later 1st service call :-( Dishes are NEVER clean especially the glasses in the front at the top, sounds like it's grinding glass, soap doesn't dissolve so I have to re-run it a 2nd time (cha ching) All my glassware will have to be replaced when my extended warranty runs out and I have NO choice but to buy a new unit as I would NEVER sink as much as a Dime into this one (current service call is $655 to replace parts). FOUR service calls in less than 2yrs...the 1st three told me, less soap, change your soap, run the hot water, load the dishes differently, don't rinse the dishes, rinse the dishes, run vinegar, etc etc etc...this 4th service call (and I'm STILL waiting) is for a new control board and panel...dishwasher DOES NOT RUN...part is back-ordered til DEC 2 - family of 5 people!!! Man, I wish I had've come across this site 2yrs ago - DO YOURSELF A FAVOR...I STRESS, PLEASE DO NOT BUY A MAYTAG PRODUCT, the service people apologize for your frustration, however it gets you NOwhere except at your kitchen sink washing dishes for hours!!!

Antivirus Software is a Waste of Money