Maytag Quiet Series 300 / Dishwasher

Posted:

Won't clean dishes!

3.75
Maytag Quiet Series 300
I have a quiet series 300 also, I may as well wash all the dishes by hand because if I put them in the dishwasher with ANY food on them, it will still be there when it's done "washing" them and I'll have to do it anyway. That's even with EVERY feature turned on despite that it takes forever to NOT clean the dishes. I've had it for a year, it's the WORST dishwasher I have EVER used. The door latch stopped working about a week after the warranty was up so now we have to pry it out with a knife to get it to latch so it will NOT wash the dishes. Basically it's a $400+ dollar sanitizer and a waste of water and electricity. I will never buy another Maytag appliance. Any future purchases will be Kenmore.

Complaint comments Comments (323) Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances

Comments

19th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Ditto here! I purchased this piece of junk almost 3 years ago and it hasn't washed the dishes properly since Day 1. It was highly recommended by Home Depot. I was told to use different detergent, use different spot cleaning agent, EVERYTHING I have tried. I thought what is the point in washing them (which rinsing clean doesn't seem to do the trick) when I bought this dishwasher to do just that? I just took my cutlery from it and had to fill the sink to rewash it. The other day I served a beverage with ice in it and on the top was "floating sand." Luckily I caught it before my company drank it. How humiliating. It uses sooooooo much energy too! The light wash cycle is 2 hours. When I remove them from the dishwasher I have to dry them off and rewash 80% of them over again in the sink - how frustrating! What is the point in all of this? It doesn't hold a lot of dishes either. If I have company for dinner (4) the dishwasher doesn't even hold enough to wash our dinner plates, bowls, etc. My suggestion to those who want to purchase this dishwasher - DON'T ! If you don't want to experience high blood pressure, become agitated then I suggest you look at another product - outside of Maytag. I was always under the impression Maytag was a great product, but I also purchased a double-sided refrigerator with ice/water dispenser, a $1900.00 convection flat top stove and a washer and dryer and have had nothing but problems with the fridge and stove. Fortunately (knock on wood) the washer and dryer are still working. Friends of mine that were considering Maytag products have looked elsewhere after seeing what Maytag has done for me.
 24th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
05-24-10
I purchased a Maytag washer 12-19-03 and had it 2 years and it went to pieces. There was 3 things wrong with it and was going to cost as much to repair it as to buy a new one. I will say that, even tho the warranty had expired, Maytag paid most of the repair bill probably because I complained about Maytag's reputation for having such a good product, which is not the case anymore. The really bad thing was that after 4 more years use it blew up again and I had to purchase a new washer and it wasn't a Maytag. When the men came to bring my new washer I overheard a conversation. They said my Matgag washer was one of those "SAV" washers and to take it to the dump. Apparently, there had been a lot of problems with them. I hope more people will start complaining about this "junk" that is being produced and sold to the public. It's not only Maytag...others as well. THANKS A LOT MAYTAG FOR COSTING ME A LOT OF MONEY THAT I CAN'T AFFORD. I will not be purchasing anything from Maytag again. Your product has gone to the dogs.
Karen King
Richmond MO 64085
816-776-2307
 30th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
We have had our no-so Quiet 300 series dishwasher for 2 years and it was a piece of crap from the start. My main complaint is that it leaves a film of detergent all over the dishes and does not clean them. They seems to come out looking worse than before I rinsed them and put them in. In the last 2 years I have tried different types of dishwasher detergent, from gel to liquid to power and experimenting with different amounts including using different rinsing agents. Nothing works and it gets worse every week. I hate to spend money on something that is not entirely broken, but we may have to suck it up and just buy a new one. We will definitely not purchase from Sears or buy a Maytag ever again. Any suggestions for a simple fix-it for a not-so-handy family would be most appreciated. Maytag...you're fired!
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I bought my Magtag dishwasher a year ago and it has never worked well. The dishes are always dirty unless they are on the front right part of the dishwasher. Over and over I look inside to see if anything is blocking the spray wand. Always like backwash is left on my upper rack. Never again with a maytag dishwasher. And still the this machine rates 9 out of 10 for performance. Go figure. Wonder who was the lucky one to get the other 9.
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Well, I got my new quiet series in my new home purchased in 2007. I never had the latch issue, but I did have the dirty grime in the glasses especially. But my main concern was the control panel. It satrted a few months ago. I could only wash on one cycle for awhile. Then I would have to wait sometimes up to a few days for it to turn on to start another cycle. It basically worked when it wanted to. Well, after like 3 days, i think it has finally gave up. Im not sure if i want to invest in any money ordering whatever new boards it needs. It might be more ecomomical to just buy a new one.

But, I just stumbled across a recall a few minutes ago concerning a fire hazard. My serial number ends in LJ, so i believe it falls under the recall. Here's a link https://repair.maytag.com/prjjck10/default.jsp

Or you can call1-800-544-5513. They are giving the option of a repair, a $150 rebate on certain models, or a $250 rebate on other models. Since all my appliances are Maytag, I think I just might try the rebate option and purchase a newer model and maybe have some better luck. BTW, if someone starts a class action suit, you can count me in. Thanks.
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have had all the problems listed here with my 300quiet series and then some... Doesn't clean dishes... latch broke, had repaired...after repair, only one function worked...repairman came out again and had to replace the whole latch and brain...top rack bearings broke...so rack falls off every time you pull it out...the cost to repair will now be as much as a new washer...condensation runs down the front while washing dishes...This is a horrile machine...very dissappointed.
 7th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes

Maytag - Promises Promises
Maytag
Miami
Florida

Bought a new front loading washing machine 8 weeks ago.
Maytag, you know the one where the repair men have nothing to do, but unfortunately that is just their marketing line/ gimmick.

My daughter just returned home from college, husband arrived home from a 21 day business trip and twins still in school depart for camp this Thursday. We live in Miami, it is summer...so that means plenty of daily laundry.

Have been unable to wash for 10 days, the repair man who visited late afternoon on Tuesday, did not have the part. It would be ordered and promised he, (yes he actually said I PROMISE) because unlike most tradespeople here in Miami he stood by his word and he would be back Saturday to build it in.
SURPRISE SURPRISE Saturday came and went of course and I didn't even get a phone call to advise me the part was on back order. When I rang the appliance center that services/repairs Maytags here, they were not even open on Saturdays.

Now explain why I should be buying American made items from an American company when I could have bought myself a reliable LG, where Life is Good and supported the South Korean economy instead.
Will Maytag pay my Laundromat bill?
 13th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Add me to the list! What a hunk of junk.
The salesman at Home Depot pushed this thing so hard, I will not buy another appliance there.
My Maytag dishwasher is by far the worst I have ever seen.
As most everyone else said, the control panel went out, the motor had to be replaced, and the utensil baskets broke, along with some other parts on the racks. Since I have a home warranty, these were covered items.
What is not covered is the fact that the dishwasher does not clean the dishes.
I read about all the issues here and took the thing apart today, looking for any sort of filter or clogged pipe, it was all cleaned.
We rinsed off some dishes well, put them in, and dang if they didn't come out with the same gritty residue as before.
The only thing I have been able to do to improve this is to rinse the dishes, run the rinse cycle on the dishwasher, and then clean the dishes.
Well why am I doing all this????
So, a not so old dishwasher will be replaced this week.
Class action suit???

Sign me up!
 14th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Thanks so much tazjoe7 for the recall notice. If I wasn't signed up to this website I wouldn't have known there was one. I hope everyone that has made a comment to his website calls the number taxjoe7 mentioned to make sure your house doesn't burn up. LOL. The number tazjoe7 mentioned was 1-800-544-5513. Maytag was really good at booking my recall appointment with no glitches! Nevertheless, the facility that represents Maytag came to my house to replace the bottom element that is a part of the recall (I wasn't about to invest 150 or 250 in another Maytag). I told him of my concerns (and that of yours), and he said to do this:

- check to see that there is a filter on the left side at the back of the machine that is a light blue in color (much like the color of the cutlery trays). Mine didn't have one when I bought it and should have and I have been running mine for over 2 years. If you do not have one, then ask the repairman that fixes the recall to put one in. It cost me 5.00 when the repair guy fixed the recall.
- to get rid of a lot of the challenges of film on dishes, and any cleaning problems you may have, take a cup of vinegar, put it in the middle of the upper rack, put one of those FINISH tabs (with the red dot on it) in the cutlery dispenser and run it on a full cycle without any dishes in it. He said it should make a difference. Kinda like when you use vinegar to clean out a coffee maker.
My repairman has been a Maytag (specifically) repairman for over 30 years and has evolved with the company and appliances. He said the "older" Maytags were high pressure machines where the force of the water cleaned the dishes well. You could put pots in and it would work. Since Maytag made the decision to "farm out to others", the challenges went up, they lost their quality control, and the consumer faith went down.
I am in the process of running a cycle with the vinegar and tab. We will see what happend to the dishes. Stay tuned for Part ? ...
 14th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am sooo mad!! Sat home all day waiting for Maytag repair to fix my dishwasher for recall issue. NO call No show!! What a great way to spend a vacation day! When I told customer service they should reimburse me for my lost time they said that it is not their policy. I now have a policy, I will NEVER buy a maytag / whirlpool appliance ever!!
 14th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
You'd think that if their repairmen have nothing to do, it wouldn't take them a week to come out and fix their stupid machines!
 15th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Add me to the class action lawsuit list. The rebate is only for another Maytag - why would I want another piece of junk? And my state doesn't offer the energy rebates anymore, so I'd be forking over another $350 minimum. No thanks!

PS take a look at "Maytag dishwashers recall: Is repair or rebate the best deal?"
http://www.csmonitor.com/Money/new-economy/2010/0603/Maytag-dishwashers-recall-I... />
Texicat [at] gmail
 16th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
AWFUL! DIRT, SAND, GRIT, ETC ALL OVER MY DISHES. NO MATTER WHAT I USE/DO. COUNT ME IN ON THE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.
 16th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Gee. Lots of angry people out there. Just try this. If you do what I said above your dishes will come out spotless.
Update on my last e-mail: THEY CAME OUT SPOTLESS - not a one had grit or film. Make sure you have one of those plastic filters on the left side back of the dishwasher first of all. Mine should have come with one but didn't. Now it works great after the cup of vinegar in the middle rack and the tab in the utensil tray and running it through a cycle with no dishes in it. A class action suit for a $500 dishwasher, like how much would you really get - and probably 10 years from now?
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
We bought the Maytag Quiet Series 300 about 15 months ago and what a lemon. It just doesn't get dishes as clean as it should and so we wash them all by hand and then rinse the soap off with the dishwasher. What a poor excuse for a dishwasher. I am somewhat relieved to find that others have the same complaints. I took the disposal unit apart (that is a yucky job) but there wasn't any problem there. I think it is just a poorly built dishwasher. The control panel sometimes works and the dishwasher is just a waste of money. That's not something you would expect from a $400 appliance. No more Maytags and that means I'm leery of Kenmore as well since they're both made by the same manufacturer. I think from now on its Bosch or Kitchen Aid for us.
 22nd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
THERE IS A RECALL ON MAYTAG DISHWASHERS AND YOU CAN EITHER GET $150, OR $250 OFF A MODEL WITH A STAINLESS TUB, OR REPAIRS TO THE CURRENT DISHWASHER.

For additional information, contact Maytag at (800) 544-5513 anytime, or visit the firm’s website at www.repair.maytag.com
 5th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
RUNNING LIKE NEW AGAIN! After a few years, we were very frustrated with the Maytag dishwasher not cleaning right, leaving soap residue and food residue on the dishes, especially the upper rack. We tried all kinds of different soaps, rinses, settings etc. But I think I've found the problem and solution and want to help others having the same problem - at the back of the dishwasher where the upper rack "plugs in" to the water source for the spray arm, there is a removable "socket". The rubber seal where the spray arm plugs in was deteriorated. It seems like the water must have been gushing out of the connection instead of through the upper two spray arms and likely affected the water pressure for the whole dishwasher (not just the upper rack). Replacing that part in the back, a $20 piece, has made our dishwasher run like new again. It's called Station D and is available at many online parts stores. I ordered mine from www.appliancepartspros.com. I still rate the dishwasher a 3 star because our door handle is broken although that hasn't affected the operation, and the dishracks are splitting/rusting. Now that it is working right, we might just replace the racks instead of buying a new dishwasher. Hope this helps get your dishes clean too.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Wow, I was just looking for a replacement rack and found these comments. I have to agree, this thing is a piece of junk. It does not clean the dishes, the racks have disintegrated and the handle latch has broken. Mine does not seem to be too loud, however, that's probably because it is not cleaning the dishes! I used to swear by Maytag, not anymore!
 16th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
What a mistake. I bought the Maytag Quiest Series and it is a piece of junk. I thought I just got a lemon. I purchased the one with a stainless steel tub and the 3 racks. The end pieces falls off and even got down into the motor. This past week, the mother board is on its way out. It counts constantly from 1 hour to 9 hours to 47 and back again. I will never purchased another Maytag dishwasher again.
 23rd of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I always thought Maytag was great, so I got the dishwasher. It kept breaking and under the 1 year warranty the repair guy would bring an entire new upper rack. When the 1 year was up and the wheels and hubs kept on breaking I found this solution www.maytagwheelhubs.com they sell stainless steel sets of hubs and wheels that will not break. Since I've installed them they it hasn't broken.

I will never buy another Maytag appliance! (Also had a Maytag fridge that was junk).

Maytag Logo Maytag