logo

Test Prep Services
Possibly Fradulent
4. (53 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
5. (54 mins ago)
Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher Complaints & Reviews - Piece of junk!

Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher Contacts & Informations

Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher

Posted:    Valerie

Piece of junk!

This dishwasher is terrible. It's two years old and I've had nothing but problems with it after a few months. The biggest problem is that it rinses the dishes with soapy water and then the soap dries on the dishes.

I've had "technicians" out here but they say they can't help me because my water is hard. Baloney. I've done every "fix" they have told me to do, run it with only vinegar twice, use a product called Lemi Shine, etc. Still the problem. Today the technician told me it was the rinse agent, Cascade Crystal Clear, that was causing the soapy rinse water. So I should run the dishwasher enough times to get rid of all of it in the dispenser. We'll see... I hate this dishwasher. I've had dishwashers for decades, so I know what they should do, but these "technicians" talk to me like I've never owned one before and it's my fault!

Beware!
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher complaints
Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher - Piece of Junk

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2007 by   Pat Sepski 0 Votes
I am searching the internet to see if any one else has had the issue with their Maytag dishwasher. We have the Quite Series 300 and have hated from day one. I have never had a dishwasher that will not clean - my dishes come out worse than when they went in - and now it has died. Will not run. Have to give up on Maytag - the Neptune washer "stunk" and now this nightmare.

Had it looked at - tried the hard water trick; then the not hot enough water trick - just a piece of junk.
 18th of Jun, 2007 by   Laura Fagan 0 Votes
I have the Maytag 200 Quiet Series and HATE it. I have to rinse the dishes until all the food is totally removed before putting in the dishwasher. Is it quiet? NO. Also, if the rinse aid is out, the glasses are very foggy. Previously we had a 23yr old Kitchen Aid, and I wish I still had it. Additionally, it is suppose to be stainless steel, you can stick a magnet to it (which indicates it is not stainless) and there are rust spots on the face of the dishwasher. Maytag is NOT what they use to be!
 28th of Jun, 2007 by   MArykay Hoenstine 0 Votes
I totally agree. We have had this dishwasher for 3 years and had a repair tech out twice to fix the "grinder" in the bottom and then the door handle AND NOW need to have someone out again because the tub is not emptying after the cycle runs. To repair or to replace? That is the question but this is THE WORST appliance we have ever bought!
 29th of Jun, 2007 by   Corey Loeffelholz 0 Votes
Out Maytag Quiet Series 200 has been installed for 18 months. We can confirm that the dishwasher is very quiet. Sadly, the reason it’s so quiet is because it died completely.

What happened to Maytag making a superior product? Those days, as we can see, are long gone.

What a disappointment.
 6th of Jul, 2007 by   khris kaber 0 Votes
We haven't even had our quiet series 200 for 3 years, it will be 3 years in September, what a peice of junk, the handle broke within the first year and then the thing finally bit the dust just a week ago. We now use it as a dish drainer, I really wish I would of read these reviews before getting the thing. Then again it might be a good thing it died for I don't need the aggravation of this thing anymore.

It did leave food and water in the bottom, it and it also left yucky stuff on the door seal on the bottom, it was the first thing you would see when you opened it, I will not buy another maytag item again. They are right it is very quiet being used as a dish drainer.
 28th of Jul, 2007 by   paulette khalil 0 Votes
We have a maytag 200 quiet series and it is both noisy and also leaves a build up of grease and food residue along the door. I called maytag and they said this is a problem called beaching and they had no suggestions on how to correct the problem. I would not buy any more maytag appliances and i am letting my friends know of the problems with both the dishwasher and washing machine. I am very disappointed with maytag.
 2nd of Aug, 2007 by   Al Askew 0 Votes
I bought a Maytag QuietSeries 200 last year and it worked perfect for almost one year, then it quit completely. I bought it June 30, 2006 and it died June 10, 2007. Only some of the lights come on the control panel and it won't start. I thought that I was lucky because I bought the two year extended warranty. What a bunch of crap!!! I called the repair company to come and repair my dishwasher and the technician came out and said that I needed a new control panel. The idiots at Maytag forgot to seal the control panels on the QuietSeries dishwasher models and many of the control panels on these models are starting to fail. No problem, just get me a new control panel. That's where the problem lies. This stupid control panel has been on backorder now for over six weeks. The inside of my dishwasher is starting to get moldy and now the repair company won't even return my phone calls. When I do get to speak with somebody, they tell me that the part is due in next week, but guess what? It never shows up. I bought this dishwasher because I felt that Maytag had an outstanding reputation. Buyers beware of any Maytag QuietSeries dishwashers, they are garbage.
 17th of Aug, 2007 by   Maytag Quiet Series are piece 0 Votes
This is the worst purchase I have ever made. In three years, 2 handels, Dirty dish, noise and other that I can't say here because I'm to polite.

Apparently Maytag' tech. are bored... One thins is sure they cross my door anymore, this is the last Maytag product I will own.
 12th of Sep, 2007 by   Jan Debroek 0 Votes
My Quietseries 300 is a piece of junk. Door wouldn't latch from new. Trim and foam improperly installed, tub insulation fell off.
NEVER will buy a Maytag product again.
 3rd of Nov, 2007 by   William Frank Odler 0 Votes
My Maytag Quiet series 300 is a total piece of trash. First, it didn't rinse well. I had to rinse the dishes after washing them cause stuff was drying on them. Then the door latch broke after only a year. Now the control panel just died. I use it as a rack to dry my dishes. It's the biggest piece of junk I ever bought. Maytag has lost a customer for life and I will tell anyone who understands English what total crap they are.
 10th of Nov, 2007 by   Dee Usser 0 Votes
We have a maytag quiet series 300. Hate it! hate it ! It is the most horrible piece of junk I have ever had. It has given us problems from day 1. The little pieces in the dishwasher have broken off, the latch to open it up broke. You have to wash the dishes to get them clean and if you leave a little food on them then guess what. It will be there when you THINK your dishes are clean. Take it from me I will NEVER have a maytag anything in my house EVER again.
 12th of Nov, 2007 by   Julie Zacharias 0 Votes
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Have had a Maytag Quietseries 300 for around 4 years and I absolutely HATE IT. I have had many dishwashers before (cheap through expensive European models) and they have all washed dishes. NOT the Maytag though. Glasses/cups come out with embedded grime baked on them. I have had service calls to no avail, have contacted Maytag to no avail, we don't have hard water (checked with a proper water testing kit), have pulled it apart, have to manually line up dishwasher internals before each wash, have to manually pull broken bits of the dishwasher out of washer arms before each wash, I pre-rinse everything, have tried everything recommended but still this dishwasher doesn't clean things. Biggest heap of junk I have ever owned. We show our house regularly and I make sure I tell everyone about the heap of rubbish Maytag dishwasher. Oh yes, and the door latch broke long time back.
 16th of Nov, 2007 by   Ranti Elude 0 Votes
I thought I was doing something wrong in trying to latch the door, This is a piece of junk, I have it for just over a year now and the door just broke I should have read this site before purchasing this thing. I am calling the tech now.
 16th of Nov, 2007 by   uranidiot 0 Votes
Yes, the quiet series 300 Maytag is very quiet. It does not run! never buy one of these. Stopped running and then lights went out. It turned on once in the middle of the night and died finally. Replaced control panel and still didnt work. Replaced entire front panel and that didnt work. could have bought a new one for the parts. Now I still have a broken dishwasher and parts I cant return. Lasted about one year. Repair man was so frustrated he started to blame me. Should get more mileage out of a dishwasher than that. Thats $35 a month plus repairs. Should just rent one. I will do more research this time and check into extended warranties.
 16th of Nov, 2007 by   Regenia Clark 0 Votes
I have a Maytag Neptune washer that will not spin out correctly, and if you don't leave the door open the rubber around the ring of the washer starts to mil drew. I will not buy another one.

Our Maytag fridge was just a bad, as we thought we were upgrading to better appliances. My Maytag dishwasher does not clean dishes very well and it is not quiet.

The Maytag repair man needs to WORK!!!
 17th of Nov, 2007 by   Wendi L. Whittles 0 Votes
I'm so glad we are not the only ones who experience problems with their Maytag 300. I thought I was doing something wrong! Our dishes are filthy after we run them through this dishwasher. We've had the broken door latch and had to replace the racks last year because the plastic coating came off and the exposed metal rusted. Actually, we need to replace the new racks as well.

I'm so disgusted with this dishwasher and will never purchase another Maytag product!
 22nd of Nov, 2007 by   John Chabin 0 Votes
We have a Maytag Quiet Series 100 Dishwasher. Dishwasher leaked from day 1, had the technician out 4 times before he got it right. Handle has broken 3 times. Now the stupid thing will not start. The start light goes on, but the machine will not run.

I will never, never, ever buy another Maytag appliance again. I hope they go out of business.

Yes, the junk we get from China is cheap, but it still is junk.
 23rd of Nov, 2007 by   John Chabin 0 Votes
EDIT: My apologies to the Chinese and their junk. I opened the machine to repair the handle yet again, and this junk is Assembled in Mexico...
 27th of Nov, 2007 by   Greta Quintin 0 Votes
We have a maytag 200 quiet series too and it works great, AS A DRYING RACK, AFTER I WASH MY DISHES BY HAND. Seriously, this machine has not cleaned a dish in its whole life. I try to use it sometimes, but I have to rinse every speck of food off the dishes first and even then, the glasses comes out with junk encrusted to the insides. I always have to rewash the glasses and I have to rinse the dishes before I use them or else they taste like dish detergent. What a piece of crap. Wastes time, money, water, and energy.
 8th of Dec, 2007 by   Krista Sheehy 0 Votes
My handle broke the 1st of November on my dishwasher. I had purchased the extended warranty from Home Depot. All my co-workers and friends told me I wasted my money when I bought it but I felt quite happy when it did break that at least I had an extended warranty. I called and told the customer service rep to please just get it fixed by Thanksgiving. Well it still isn't fixed and now I am just hoping someone will come out and fix it before Christmas. The handles are on back order and who knows when they will be in. I am really sorry I didn't just spend the big bucks and buy a Bosch. I instead got tempted with my $200 gift certificate that I was awarded because I had spent $350 getting my Neptune wash machine fixed. I sure got sucked in on that trick to get me to buy another Maytag product.

Helpful Tips For Online Shoppers