Maytag

Posted:

Won't clean dishes!

3.75
Maytag Quiet Series 300
I have a quiet series 300 also, I may as well wash all the dishes by hand because if I put them in the dishwasher with ANY food on them, it will still be there when it's done "washing" them and I'll have to do it anyway. That's even with EVERY feature turned on despite that it takes forever to NOT clean the dishes. I've had it for a year, it's the WORST dishwasher I have EVER used. The door latch stopped working about a week after the warranty was up so now we have to pry it out with a knife to get it to latch so it will NOT wash the dishes. Basically it's a $400+ dollar sanitizer and a waste of water and electricity. I will never buy another Maytag appliance. Any future purchases will be Kenmore.
Complaint comments Comments (331) Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances

Comments

13th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
What a POS. There is no point in me saying EXACTLY what everyone else has said to many times.
Exact same issues. Home Cheapo and Playtag what a pair.
 18th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Pile of junk. Does not wash. Bits of food debris on everything. Buy a European model. America is a scam nation.
 19th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Mine just blew up. I heard a loud bang while running the weekly auto clean cycle. I am glad we were home. We unplugged it. My husband has been saying for years I have to clean the dishes first, until recently, he has started to do dishes and has found that the dishes go in clean and come out caked with junk. I told him the dishwasher was junk and now he believes me. I also have Maytag washer that broke within the first year. I came home one day to my house flooded because the valve that shuts off hot water didnt shut off. The repairman fixed it and it has been fine since but I am unable to use some of the accessories so I can keep it running.I am ashamed to say I picked these appliances out and I hearby resign my post.
 19th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I too have a Magtag quiet 300..I've put up with it since May 2006. It never has worked right. After every wash I have to handscrub the silverware because it has rust spots all over and the dishes are still wet with bits of food debris on everything and the bowls and cups have water and food flooding in them. Yesterday the water would not drain out, the dish soap sat in the dispenser the whole time and turned into a rock pile. I rewashed them 3 x's and had the same experience each time. My husband had to sock the water out with a wet-vac... Finally I handwashed everything...Its a $600 piece of junk...
 21st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
We have had a Maytag Quiet Series 300 for about 5 years and we will never buy anything made by Maytag again. It does a poor job of washing dishes and has never dried them from day one. Its is definitly not quiet. The middle rack broke first and fell down under the weight of dishes and silverware only. The replacement parts don't last long either. Multiple plastic pieces from wheels to foldable rack holders/supports have broken or warped. We have had multiple dishwashers over the years and Maytag has been the worse by far.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I bought this same dishwasher 3 months ago, we are in the middle of a remodel. When the dishwasher was installed and powered up the first time, nothing but blinking lights on the control panel. I called for service, and the tech I spoke with told me it was probably the circuit board. So, right out of the box, this machine will not work. I am considering asking the dealer for a replacement with a different brand.
 28th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
same as everyone else, dirty dishes, broken latch etc. Has anyone determined if a class action suit is in the works. 6 pages of common complaints has to show crappy machines. Installed into our new home in 2003. Cannot use 3rd rack if we want the dishes clean above them. POS
 31st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
We bought the same dishwasher. It is far from quiet! We rinse off dishes before loading and they actually come out dirtier than when we loaded them. There is all kinds of sediment on the inside of the glasses, along with a milky film. Also, the plates and silverware are discusting! I end up rerunning the dishwasher and it still is not clean. Finally, out of fustration I hand wash all the dishes. That is what I have been doing... washing by hand. At least I know they are clean. If a class action suit is in the works count us in!
 8th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Wow! We thought we were the only ones with this problem- at first we thought the film and build-up was because our water is so hard, now we can't figure out where the filter is to clean it up and I've looked everywhere online for a manual and the maytag service sites want to charge me for an answer! Boo hiss Maytag!
 9th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have had nothing but misery with this piece of chunk>>>as far as I am concerned its a DISPOSABLE piece of garbage !!
Within 6 mts I needed repair service after numberous calls about being extremely noisy !!
Back twice... before finally REPLACING MOTOR ! (Not sure on the price for this, as was under warrenty) !
Fine for about 6 mts before doing the same thing again>>>spent another year with extreme noise and not washing properly !!

Finally back to REPLACE ANOTHER MOTOR !!
Motor & pump assembly
Motor Assy
Impeller wash Assy
Seal Kit Metal Cho>>>>For a Grand Total of $539.96
(This is still under warrenty>as I paid the extra for extended warrenty) !!

About 4 mths ago>every green light on the control panel started flashing and the door handle broke !! Called once again for service and he came and told me that its a piece of chunk and not worth fixing anymore. Of course this cost me $75 (since I now no longer have any kind of warrenty) to be told something that I already knew !!
This dishwasher was only used 8mts of the year as we move to our cottage the
other mts !!
I have constantly called Maytag and Sears Corporate Office>to which niether would do anything about this. Oh...sorry>Sears has offered a $50 gift card for all my misery>>which is nothing but an insult !!
Also BUYER BEWARE>>>supposingly Maytag has been bought out by WHIRLPOOL !!
I will never again buy another Maytag appliance or better yet>>another appliance of any kind from SEARS !!!
 20th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Well I guess I'll put my two cents in also, ITS A PIECE OF SHI*. Owned this machine for 4 years and have had to take it apart to clean all the ports due to hard water. This was last year, now this son of a bit*& isn't cleaning anything, not even the soap that you put in the dispenser. All the soap is still there but has ran down the inside of the door. I'm about to take this thing apart again and hopefully find something simple. Count me in on the lawsuit. I'm tired of my wife bitching about this thing, she thinks I built this mother fu84*$!
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
We just moved into a house that has this same dishwasher ( Maytag Quiet Series 300), it is a piece of junk! The handle doesn't stay closed, the rollers on the bottom rack are missing and it does not clean the dishes. This dishwaher also takes a long time to run through cycles. My parents also have this dishwasher, theirs is only 2yrs old and my dad hates it.
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I've had mine for about 3 years now. I have not noticed the cleaning problem YET, but now I'm worried. However, we've replaced the door latch once, and have replaced the stupid little plastice pieces inside about 3 times now because they keep breaking. It started out very quiet, but just keeps getting louder.
 29th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Sure glad I found this site. Purchased QS300 Jan 2004 from Bestbuy. Problems from the very beginning very similar to the hundreds listed in these posts. Noisy (groaning sound). Dishes not getting clean, etc. Handle had to be replaced twice. Motor replaced in an attempt to make this run quieter (probably was still a good motor). Utensil racks fell apart. Dish racks busted. Front control panel acting up at times. The groaning noise was somewhat resolved the last time a repairman came out and noticed that the dishwasher was not installed on level. It was leaning towards the front and not getting enough water for each rinse or wash cycle because the automatic float, which is situated in front, was cutting off the amount of water prematurely. Making it level made it slightly less noisy, but it still shakes the rafters.

Now I notice that the bottom spray arm leans in one direction and does not rotate because it gets caught on the bottom dish rack. Therefore, most of the dishes on the bottom rack do not get cleaned properly. I took this spray arm off to see why it was off-balance and to see if any food or other junk was clogging it inside, causing it to lean to one side, but I didn't see any clog and the problem persists. If anyone has a similar experience with the bottom spray arm, I'd like to hear about it. I didn't see it in any of the above posts.

Thanks to all for suggestions on trying to keep this piece of junk running properly. We should all get refunds on this. This is not the Maytag of old. I've paid for original machine, extended warranty, and parts not included under extended warranty. Never again will I purchase a Maytag. And Maytag keeps sending me notices asking me to extend my service repair. Yeah, right. They're making money on both ends of this disaster...
 31st of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I also own a Maytag Quit Series 300 Dishwasher, It is by far the worst dishwasher that I have ever owned. It does not clean at all. When I first bought this I would call them out to fix it & they said that you basically have to wash the dishes before you put them in. So I made sure that they were rinsed & it still would not clean, I called them again, then they tried to charge me a house call that I refused to pay. Now my warranty is up, not that they stand behind anything anyway, but they called me to extend my warranty & I told them that I would never pay any more money on that dishwasher that I have never been satisfied with this, that it never has cleaned good at all, and they would not do anything about it, they told me that they have never had any complaints on this model that it was one of there best selling models. I told them that I would use it untill I could aford another new one & I would toss this piece of crap to the garbage & I do not recommend Maytag at all.
 7th of Feb, 2010 by    +1 Votes
My husband and I researched dishwashers when we were working on our kitchen remodel. The Maytag QuietSeries 300 had reasonably good reviews from Consumer Reports, so we purchased one from Home Depot and my husband installed it himself.

Right away we noticed that the dishwasher didn't do a very good job cleaning the dishes; they had to be rinsed well with no food residue or they would not come clean.

Within six months of purchasing the unit, the silverware basket broke. When I looked up the replacement price online, I decided that I could live with it as-is instead of spending $35 to replace it.

Within a year, the inside latch broke. Using the manual, we determined which part needed to be replaced and purchased the part from RepairClinic.com (great customer service and knowledgeable staff). My husband spent approximately 1/2 an hour taking apart, fixing and putting the door back together. When we found out that the latch breaking is a known issue (I found several people online who had replaced their latches four or more times), I started leaving the door unlatched unless running a cycle in order to extend the life on the latch.

Four months ago, I noticed a loud vibrating/grinding noise during a wash cycle. My husband took apart the bottom pan, couldn't find any problems, and put it back together. It stopped making the noise for about a week, and started up again.

I was planning on calling to schedule a service call tomorrow, but after finding this forum, we will be waiting until it dies and replacing it... and we will absolutely NOT be purchasing a Maytag.
 8th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am experiencing many problems, including the ones mentioned above. It takes too long to wash a load, I have to prewash everything, the glasses and cups don't look clean and it is a loud machine. To top it off, the soap dispenser doesn't open about 75% of the time. I noticed that the auto clean option works best. I was wondering what happened to a brand that is so proud of its name.
 13th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
Looking online to find replacements for the upper dish basket - the thing broke a year ago and every so often the side slides move and the whole thing crashes on the dishes below. Same problem with cleaning dishes (auto works the best) in the front, wondered what was happening with the soap drawer as half the time the soap is just clumped, and for the past few months the food isn't draining out to the garbage disposer. This is the stuff that ends up on the dishes. After 4 years I'm thinking of just buying a new one, not hassling with this and getting the repairman back out. The installers took 20 minutes and were done, back out for level problems and just getting the door open.
 15th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
us too. the door latch, bad washes, and now it makes a lot of noise and then shuts down.
 15th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I've owned a lot of Maytag products over the years and this dishwasher worked fine for a couple years. Now I am having all kinds of problems..same as everyone else. Too noisy, takes too long. I could live with that but now it doesn't clean the dishes; I have to prewash everything and they look dirtier when they come out! Soap dispenser doesn't open; when it does, the soap is still in it no matter what kind I use. Upper rack broke, but my husband put in screws and nuts and have not had a problem since. (The first and second time it broke we had ordered the replacement parts--plastic junk.) I had a Kenmore previously and it lasted years and years and did a good job. The only reason I changed was because the racks had rusted and to buy two new ones was almost as much as getting a whole new washer. Don't think I will buy another Maytag. I'm in if there is a class action suit. Tired of the frustration. Now I have to buy another dishwasher...:>(

Maytag Logo Maytag