Maytag

Posted:

Won't clean dishes!

3.75
Maytag Quiet Series 300
I have a quiet series 300 also, I may as well wash all the dishes by hand because if I put them in the dishwasher with ANY food on them, it will still be there when it's done "washing" them and I'll have to do it anyway. That's even with EVERY feature turned on despite that it takes forever to NOT clean the dishes. I've had it for a year, it's the WORST dishwasher I have EVER used. The door latch stopped working about a week after the warranty was up so now we have to pry it out with a knife to get it to latch so it will NOT wash the dishes. Basically it's a $400+ dollar sanitizer and a waste of water and electricity. I will never buy another Maytag appliance. Any future purchases will be Kenmore.
Complaint comments Comments (360) Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances

Comments

30th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes

Maytag Support - Poor service
Maytag Support

Maytag Support has been difficult to contact and competely unresponsive about getting the appropriate technician out to fix a big screen TV. I've lined up a service rep that has the part and is in the neighborhood to fix the set today. Maytag, however, will not send authorization, deciding instead to use another service company that will arrive later in the week.

The entire issue seems to revolve around making the change. They're completely unwilling to do so, yet will not give any reason when asked. Consideration for the customer is apparently of no concern to them whatsoever.

I will never buy a Maytag product or any product that uses Maytag Support for their warranty coverage. I'm absolutely disgusted with the way they do business.
 4th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Maytag Quiet Series 300 saga!...I too bought this piece of a junk dishwasher, purchased 3 years ago from Sears. I've read all the other complains on this message board and I too have the same exact problems as everyone else. First to go break was the top rollers, second it was the brackets that hold the top rack, third door handle won't lock and eventually broke, message board doesn't work. Last but not least and most importantly, dishes came out dirty and of course we try to rinse them before loading them into the machine and it still was not 100% clean.

Now, the machine doesn't work, ?????? surprice, surprice. I'm done with Maytag!.
 5th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I too was brainwashed into thinking Maytag was a great product! This was the first and last Maytag product I will ever purchase. I bought mine from Sears 3 years ago but it hasnt worked in over a year. Mine also needs the control panel which we currently cant afford and dont agree that we should have to pay for. This is obviously a lemon! As far as a class action suit against Maytag I did a little research and found that they've been sued before and the consumer won. Probably contacting the law firm involved in the last law suit would be a place to start...as they know the ins and outs... Im in as well gailforce1@comcast.net

F Y I Found this info by searching "maytag neptune class action lawsuit"

The Philadelphia-based law firm of Sheller Ludwig & Badey and the Ambler, PA-based law firm of Kimmel & Silverman, were among several firms that have resolved a class action law suit against the Maytag Corporation, alleging odor, mold and mildew problems with Maytag Neptune Wasters. More than two million consumers are included in the class, and may receive repair reimbursements, replacement costs up to $500, and/or washing machine purchase certificates up to $1000. Jonathan Shub of the Sheller firm served as one of three co-lead counsel in the Maytag case.

According to documents filed in the Circuit Court for the State of Illinois, many Maytag consumers have complained of their machine functioning improperly and clothing covered in mold, as a result of problems with the door latch, wax motor, motor control, and related circuit boards.

"The number of complaints coming in from across the nation to our firm was quite high, among the most we've ever received. It was clear that a number of problems needed to be addressed by Maytag. Thanks to all co-counsel and the relative speed with which Maytag responded, consumers were able to use the class action the way it was intended, for the benefit of all, more quickly, and at a significant reduced cost than if each consumer sued individually" according to Craig Thor Kimmel, Esq. for Kimmel & Silverman.
 8th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I so agree! We did get the repair man after I went thru the customer toture department. This was only a few weeks after I brought it home. I had pictures of a pot on the top that I removed still covered with WET sauce. I rinsed it in the sink for about 15 seconds and it was cleaner. Repair man said that he had more calls on this one than any others. Unfortunately it is a piece of junk and we are forced to wait until its death to get a new one. No more Maytag EVER and I tell everyone I know. The company doesn't care! Who owns them? China?
 9th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
HORRIBLE DISHWASHER!!
 13th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I've had mine for about 3-4 years now. Pretty much same as everybody else. Love the fact that I can take out a dozen cups and 10 of them have crap caked on the inside of them. Thing is loud and takes forever to clean. The only thing I found to help somewhat is to get those little Cascade washing cubes and run it on tough scrub. That seems to work about 50% of the time. Other than that, this thing is complete junk.
 13th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
What a POS. There is no point in me saying EXACTLY what everyone else has said to many times.
Exact same issues. Home Cheapo and Playtag what a pair.
 18th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Pile of junk. Does not wash. Bits of food debris on everything. Buy a European model. America is a scam nation.
 19th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Mine just blew up. I heard a loud bang while running the weekly auto clean cycle. I am glad we were home. We unplugged it. My husband has been saying for years I have to clean the dishes first, until recently, he has started to do dishes and has found that the dishes go in clean and come out caked with junk. I told him the dishwasher was junk and now he believes me. I also have Maytag washer that broke within the first year. I came home one day to my house flooded because the valve that shuts off hot water didnt shut off. The repairman fixed it and it has been fine since but I am unable to use some of the accessories so I can keep it running.I am ashamed to say I picked these appliances out and I hearby resign my post.
 19th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I too have a Magtag quiet 300..I've put up with it since May 2006. It never has worked right. After every wash I have to handscrub the silverware because it has rust spots all over and the dishes are still wet with bits of food debris on everything and the bowls and cups have water and food flooding in them. Yesterday the water would not drain out, the dish soap sat in the dispenser the whole time and turned into a rock pile. I rewashed them 3 x's and had the same experience each time. My husband had to sock the water out with a wet-vac... Finally I handwashed everything...Its a $600 piece of junk...
 21st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
We have had a Maytag Quiet Series 300 for about 5 years and we will never buy anything made by Maytag again. It does a poor job of washing dishes and has never dried them from day one. Its is definitly not quiet. The middle rack broke first and fell down under the weight of dishes and silverware only. The replacement parts don't last long either. Multiple plastic pieces from wheels to foldable rack holders/supports have broken or warped. We have had multiple dishwashers over the years and Maytag has been the worse by far.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I bought this same dishwasher 3 months ago, we are in the middle of a remodel. When the dishwasher was installed and powered up the first time, nothing but blinking lights on the control panel. I called for service, and the tech I spoke with told me it was probably the circuit board. So, right out of the box, this machine will not work. I am considering asking the dealer for a replacement with a different brand.
 28th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
same as everyone else, dirty dishes, broken latch etc. Has anyone determined if a class action suit is in the works. 6 pages of common complaints has to show crappy machines. Installed into our new home in 2003. Cannot use 3rd rack if we want the dishes clean above them. POS
 31st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
We bought the same dishwasher. It is far from quiet! We rinse off dishes before loading and they actually come out dirtier than when we loaded them. There is all kinds of sediment on the inside of the glasses, along with a milky film. Also, the plates and silverware are discusting! I end up rerunning the dishwasher and it still is not clean. Finally, out of fustration I hand wash all the dishes. That is what I have been doing... washing by hand. At least I know they are clean. If a class action suit is in the works count us in!
 8th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Wow! We thought we were the only ones with this problem- at first we thought the film and build-up was because our water is so hard, now we can't figure out where the filter is to clean it up and I've looked everywhere online for a manual and the maytag service sites want to charge me for an answer! Boo hiss Maytag!
 9th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have had nothing but misery with this piece of chunk>>>as far as I am concerned its a DISPOSABLE piece of garbage !!
Within 6 mts I needed repair service after numberous calls about being extremely noisy !!
Back twice... before finally REPLACING MOTOR ! (Not sure on the price for this, as was under warrenty) !
Fine for about 6 mts before doing the same thing again>>>spent another year with extreme noise and not washing properly !!

Finally back to REPLACE ANOTHER MOTOR !!
Motor & pump assembly
Motor Assy
Impeller wash Assy
Seal Kit Metal Cho>>>>For a Grand Total of $539.96
(This is still under warrenty>as I paid the extra for extended warrenty) !!

About 4 mths ago>every green light on the control panel started flashing and the door handle broke !! Called once again for service and he came and told me that its a piece of chunk and not worth fixing anymore. Of course this cost me $75 (since I now no longer have any kind of warrenty) to be told something that I already knew !!
This dishwasher was only used 8mts of the year as we move to our cottage the
other mts !!
I have constantly called Maytag and Sears Corporate Office>to which niether would do anything about this. Oh...sorry>Sears has offered a $50 gift card for all my misery>>which is nothing but an insult !!
Also BUYER BEWARE>>>supposingly Maytag has been bought out by WHIRLPOOL !!
I will never again buy another Maytag appliance or better yet>>another appliance of any kind from SEARS !!!
 20th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Well I guess I'll put my two cents in also, ITS A PIECE OF SHI*. Owned this machine for 4 years and have had to take it apart to clean all the ports due to hard water. This was last year, now this son of a bit*& isn't cleaning anything, not even the soap that you put in the dispenser. All the soap is still there but has ran down the inside of the door. I'm about to take this thing apart again and hopefully find something simple. Count me in on the lawsuit. I'm tired of my wife bitching about this thing, she thinks I built this mother fu84*$!
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
We just moved into a house that has this same dishwasher ( Maytag Quiet Series 300), it is a piece of junk! The handle doesn't stay closed, the rollers on the bottom rack are missing and it does not clean the dishes. This dishwaher also takes a long time to run through cycles. My parents also have this dishwasher, theirs is only 2yrs old and my dad hates it.
 23rd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I've had mine for about 3 years now. I have not noticed the cleaning problem YET, but now I'm worried. However, we've replaced the door latch once, and have replaced the stupid little plastice pieces inside about 3 times now because they keep breaking. It started out very quiet, but just keeps getting louder.
 29th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Sure glad I found this site. Purchased QS300 Jan 2004 from Bestbuy. Problems from the very beginning very similar to the hundreds listed in these posts. Noisy (groaning sound). Dishes not getting clean, etc. Handle had to be replaced twice. Motor replaced in an attempt to make this run quieter (probably was still a good motor). Utensil racks fell apart. Dish racks busted. Front control panel acting up at times. The groaning noise was somewhat resolved the last time a repairman came out and noticed that the dishwasher was not installed on level. It was leaning towards the front and not getting enough water for each rinse or wash cycle because the automatic float, which is situated in front, was cutting off the amount of water prematurely. Making it level made it slightly less noisy, but it still shakes the rafters.

Now I notice that the bottom spray arm leans in one direction and does not rotate because it gets caught on the bottom dish rack. Therefore, most of the dishes on the bottom rack do not get cleaned properly. I took this spray arm off to see why it was off-balance and to see if any food or other junk was clogging it inside, causing it to lean to one side, but I didn't see any clog and the problem persists. If anyone has a similar experience with the bottom spray arm, I'd like to hear about it. I didn't see it in any of the above posts.

Thanks to all for suggestions on trying to keep this piece of junk running properly. We should all get refunds on this. This is not the Maytag of old. I've paid for original machine, extended warranty, and parts not included under extended warranty. Never again will I purchase a Maytag. And Maytag keeps sending me notices asking me to extend my service repair. Yeah, right. They're making money on both ends of this disaster...

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree